Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

Default New, but not so new. . .

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been on this webstie before at different times when I was trying to lose weight. I'm starting up again and I really need the support!! I'm really just sick and tired of worring that I'll be put in an akward situation because of my weight. I want to be able to do anything and everything I want to do. I don't want to have to worry I won't fit into the seat at the movies. I don't want to have to worry about going on an air plane. I want to be able to ride a roller coaster. I'm hoping this time will be it - that it'll really stick. My husband just had a blood test and found out that his triglycerides are 600+!!!!!!!!! We have decided to do this together. We will be eating sensibly and tomorrow night we will be getting a gym membership. I really feel that between the website, and my husband's support. . . this will really be it!!
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome!!!
I have a little suggestion for ya though. Why don't you skip the gym membership for a month or so and focus totally 100% on your food diet. Just "eating sensibly" isn't going to cut it I'm afraid. Diet is a good 80% in the weight loss equation. Exercise, while important, will make you feel good but it's not going to get you were you need to be unless you have a good solid eating plan in place. I highly recommend counting calories or points or exchanges. Get GREAT at it, learn it, live it for a good while and THEN join a gym. At our beginning weights just moving and doing household chores is a terrific work out. Get down and scrub those floors!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 09-19-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Welcome to 3FC Natural!
And Lori congrats on maintaining 15 months, What plan did you use?
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #4  
One Fluffy Wolf

Height: 5' 11"

Welcome back Natural The most important step is the first step. It doesn't matter if you tried before. Keep at it and you'll get where you want to be. Drop that weight like a bad habit
celestialwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome back! I agree, I would start on getting a eating plan down first. This is what I did before I started back, and I have lasted longer than previous attempts! To me it was a good foundation and then I did household chores (like Lori stated). Then I started doing exercises 3 times a week (30 minutes aerobic) on top of those household chores. After a couple weeks I added 15 minutes of strength exercises on top of the 30 minute aerobic exercises and household chores. Finally, I am now doing exercises 3 times a week, 50 minute aerobic exercises and 15 minute strength exercises (on top of household chores). I am counting calories, which is very easy for me! I use the website "myplate". Look forward to getting to know you!

Last edited by Mommysince21505; 09-21-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/344/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I can totally relate to your problems. It would be great to do things and not worrying about "am I going to fit?" Is it going to hold? " It is good that you and your husband are going at it together. I just found this site myself but so far it seems to be an excellent support system. I myself have just started to calorie count, going to get that down before I focus on more then daily walks. But with all the success stories on here I feel very positive! Good luck! If you need a friend, I am here!
sad424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:07 AM   #7  

Thanks guys. . . the reason I'm not just focusing on eating right right now and then worrying about exercising later - I've always focused on one or another and I've always failed. This time I wanted to go right into it, no excuses. So far, so good. . . although it's only been 3 days. Thanks for the support, guys!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #8  
Back in Action

Okay, cool. Sometimes when a morbidly obese person. (like I was once myself) say they are going to start eating sensibly, they might cut back on a few things but continue to eat unhealthy foods in just smaller quantities. Some of us have a broken "sensible" button. Maybe you don't have this problem, but MANY of us do. I remember once when I started one of my countless "diets" I thought that getting a quarter pounder with cheese and a medium fry was sensible as opposed to a Big Mac and large fry...All it did is make me want more. But again, that was just me, maybe your stop button works well.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your "eating sensibly" plan? Do you have a calorie amount decided, or are you watching carbohydrates or both? Are measuring your food so that you are having correct portions? (For example, a serving of cereal is far less than the standard cereal bowl holds). I guess my point is, you can excercise at a gym for HOURS and wipe out the entire calorie deficit you just worked for by eating 1 burger at a fast food place.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #9  

We have decided to cut out all pop and fast food. I'm drinking tons of water. I have also gotten in the habit of counting calories and measuring my food. My husband can only eat meat once a week so we're doing that now (as apposed to 4 or 5 times a week before . . . steak, hamburgers, chicken, etc.). Before all of this started I was getting a XL coffee w/ cream and sugar and bacon, egg and cheese bagel from duncan doughnuts almost every day. I wouldn't eat lunch and I figured that would outweigh by horrendous breakfast. For dinner we would usually have some sort of meat with a noodle or rice side dish (it's just cheap and easy after working all day!). I also didn't snack all day so when I got home from work around 3pm I would be ravenous and eat everything in sight until dinner - almost to the point of making myself sick. Now I'm eating cereal for breakfast, fruit or veggie for a snack, a sandwich and veggie for lunch, fruit or veggie for a snack and then a healthy dinner (last night I made tortilla pizzas with lots of veggies). For the moment I'm just really trying to watch cals and then I'm going to try working on the carbs and whatnot. I'm kind of all over the place at the moment as actually taking the whole weight loss thing seriously is new to me. I'm still trying to see what works for me. So I guess I shouldn't have said "eating sensibly," it should have been eating healthy.

As for my stop button. . . it does not work either!!!! I'd rather not have the temptation in front of me because I know for a fact I do not have the willpower to overcome it. I need to be working out but I know if I have junk food in the house, I'm just going to eat it and cancel out my exercising - I've done it before.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  
Back in Action

Well, awesome, it sounds like you do have a real solid eating plan in place. I get worried when I hear things like "sensible", or another one of my blasts from the past, "watching what I eat" plans. For me, those types of plans always became a "see food diet".

Keep us posted on your progress and post often!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

LOL@ Lori... Oh I so agree at those plans turning into a "see food diet", it has happened to me in the past. For some reason now I really have the will power to lose weight this time. I think my stop button works all of a sudden! For example, I had a off day (probably the first real one I've had since starting my new lifestyle change) when my son had his 1st birthday... I did have cake and two slices of pizza, I won't lie, but I only had protein shakes during the day and saved enough calories. Anyway, the next morning, I threw out the cake to avoid further temptations. It made me feel pretty proud since I was so strong to do that. Of course, I still thought about that cake a few days later... LOL However, I now know I can have a total fail day and have the will power to pick myself up and keep going. That makes me feel really GOOD! I have more faith in myself, and I feel like I passed some sort of "test".
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote