Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies...

Ags...Can you believe it part eleven already whoohoo

Kitsey...I am soo looking forward to tonights episode of big brother a DOUBLE eviction! This ought to be interesting! cant wait to watch! Thank You for the 3 lb weight loss congratulations but it might actually be more because after I weighed that morning later that day my TOM showed up so hopefully it will give me a nice little whoosh when it leaves and push me into the 260's which would thrill me.

Learn..thank you for the anniversary wishes we went out to chili's tonight with a gift card that we got from his mom and dad and I stayed POP for 90% of the meal we did the 2 for $20 and we got the crispy onion straws and jalapeno stack as the appetizer but i only ate a 1/4 of that and then I got the chicken fajitas w/o the tortillas and only sour cream and cheese on the side so I did really well.

Shannon..Thank you! I love reading your posts too and im glad you are here too

Lilik...thank you for the anniversary wishes and I hope things go well with my doctors appt too. I hate getting my TOM I cant wait for it to leave forever so I dont have to have it anymore that will be a happy day!

Well, Ladies guess what my POSITIVE is for today...I WALKED 4.5 MILES THIS MORNING AROUND MY NEIGHBORHOOD I got up around 7am and left at 7:50am and got done at 9:30 and I would have went for another lap around but I had to take a shower and eat breakfast before I had to take my husband to work at 10:30 and it felt soooo good and I felt so accomplished after I did it and so proud of myself for doing it and it is alot different from Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds I mean I have done her 4 and 5 mile walks but you are doing different movements and its basically in place and hers is more like low impact aerobics but this is totally different I get to see different things around the neighborhood and it was nice and quiet and it just gave me a wonderful feeling and I cant wait until saturday to walk again or I may go for a bike ride instead on saturday we will see.

Anyway, that is about all for me for now I will talk to you ladies later
keep rockin'
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 08-26-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #17  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

heather , ags, tex, did you guys ever get your cards?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #18  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Ags - Thank you once again for continuing the positive!! You are a remarkable woman and I feel very blessed that you have become a vital part of my journey and so many others as well!! Luv ya chick!

maria
- I hope you are enjoying your time off!! I'm sure you are

allways
- to our humble abode!! We hope that you can stay a while! We would love to get to know you better!

kitsey
- I will definately have to try that squash!! Big congrats for dodging the donut demon!! Way to go!!! Thanks for the comment about mom's friend. She didn't want to fight anymore so she decided she was ready. I really don't like funerals but I'm gonna go with mom tomorrow evening. They are having a service for her at her church. I'm not looking forward to it but I'm going to be there for my mother! I know it looks like it will take forever to get that weight off, I feel like that myself, but it will happen!! Just hang in there! WE WILL DEFY ALL ODDS!! That's my new motto! That and "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Don't give up! BTW, what part of the country do you hail from? Oh yeah, and I assume that was you on Facebook? Your little girl is adorable!!

Learn
- Man are you up early or what!! Now don't you go and blow away!! Yep! Hubs got to come home for a bit last night! He wasn't going to stay long but he got his belly full and laid down in a freshly made bed and that was all it took! His "nap" turned into several hours! So glad to hear that you were POPPIN yesterday! I LMBO at you "dusting anything that stood still (except your mother)" that was too funny! Wow, all that housework AND pool time!! You were a whirlwind huh! I hope that Andrew is feeling better!

Ash - So glad to see you back here!! Luv that positive! We can't wait for your WI either! I'll bet it's gonna be a FABTASTIC one!! I'm not stingy, I'll share my word with you!!

Shia - I know we already talked today but I had to give ya a shout out as I did my personals!! HEY SHIA!!! Ok, there, I shouted out! lol, I know, I'm goofy! Your son is so blessed to have a mother that takes an interest in what her child is doing. I think that is what is wrong with alot of children today, their parents just stick a phone or a remote in their hand and send them off to do whatever!! Anyway, your a good mama!! Hope he knows that!

shannon - Glad to hear that you got rid of that silly feeling!! That chicken was great! Her Jambalaya with Shrimp and Ham is awesome too! It's a little spicy but you can adjust or even leave that out! I think I'm gonna get an e-book of hers from Barnes and Noble tomorrow! I need some new ideas to try myself! Yeah, I was so glad to see my hubby!! I was really startin to miss him! Girl, put that man to work!! Ain't nothing wrong with that! I've got some chore for mine if I can keep him home long enough. I know that feeling when you have de-cluttered something!! It's wonderful! I'm gettin that redecorating bug too. I want to start with the smallest room and redo our guest bathroom!! I think I can do that with just a little paint and some accents! We are now forces to be reckoned with...LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE WE COME!! Luv you too chick!

Lili - You are very welcome!! It will happen! I really want to hit that 50 lb loss by Sept.27th! We can and WILL do this! I am totally on board with Ags! Your words have power!! That's why it is so important to train ourselves to speak positive regardless of how the situation looks!! Wow, a choir teacher! I should have taken choir in school but I was slighty shy about that! I am the worship leader at our church but it's only by God's grace that I can sing and play piano in front of people! If you got to know me, you wouldn't think that I'm a shy person but I am when it comes to certain things! I think upping your calories for a few days and then backing down would probably help you! Hang in there! You're doing great!

Heather - You are just awesome girl! I'm so proud of you!! BIG HUGS!!

Not much to tell about me today! I did get my workout done this morning so that's a positive! Got a busy weekend ahead!! Gonna take my cousin out for her birthday Saturday and see what else we can get into! Gonna work on a date night with Hubs tomorrow night! Church twice on Sunday! God is good!! I am so very blessed!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Stella-Hehehe! That little girl is me! See? I used to be cute! I'm not about to post a current photo, so I use ones from when I was little And I'm in WI
Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #20  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening to all the loviest ladies in the whole wide world!!!!!

I see everyone is doing great things and that is one huge positive there!!!!

Today my one positive thing about me is...........I am being totally brutal and honest to me about me. This week I gained FOUR POUNDS and I am sl thrilled that is all it was, I thougt at least 10, and it is no one's fault but my own. I ate way to much stuff, all kinds of stuff, when I stress I usually eat, and I have been true to form, plus we have had three birthdays in my house this month and I made some bad choices and miss calulations, I am the way I am and losing so slowly because of me and some of the choices I have made. The positive in this is, I am owning up and taking responsibility for it all and just as I did so wrong, moving forward, I am going to do so right. This is my book and I say it shall have a happy ending. I have to suck it up and now buck up for only I can change me and the direction I am headed in. God is my pilot and I know, He will not let me fall. I am in a learning process as to how to redirect my energy into positive directions with positive outcomes when I become frustrated, stressed, or plain long craving something that is not good for me. This is one thing I know, I am making positive progress in this area, first my acknowleging that I know what is wrong and and owning up to it. I am on my way. You see we all are only human, with faults, making mistakes, but we are growing up and headed in the right direction once we take ownership of what we do, well, I am, and this is my positive for the day. As far as those four pounds, they will be gone in no time flat as long as I do what I know in right!!!!

Maria,
No I have not received a card yet. Hope you are enjoying your time off. I am so jealous, I want to stay home too.

Learn,
you are a lean mean cleaning machine. I so admire you. Congrats on all of your achievements!!! You rock girl!!!!

S T E L L A !!!!,
Fabtastic on getting your workout done baby. Have a great date night, cousin's b'day, and super duper fabulous church!!!! That's is a whole lot of positives going on.

Ash, sending hugs and kisses your way you super teacher you!!!!..

Lili,
Love your pic. I love music and singing in the choirs all my life have been such great memories. I bet you are the bestest music teacher ever, and now college, that is way cool. My sister has been in the school system in Michigan forever and now is also teaching at Merriweather College in Michigan. She loves it, says that college is the best. Great minds think alike!!! I believe in my heart you will make your 50 pound goal just when the time is right!!!

Heather,
get your strutt on girl, you are doing your thing and doing it well!!!!!

Kitsey,
I want to see your picture!!

Love and hugs to all and a shout out to my Carol, you can stop toe tapping till next week and I will be listening too!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Make every moment count,
Ags
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #21  
Endeavor to Persevere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsey View Post
Stella-Hehehe! That little girl is me! See? I used to be cute! I'm not about to post a current photo, so I use ones from when I was little And I'm in WI
LOL, you tricked me! I thought she looked a lot like you!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Maria...did you mean me cause I never joined the card exchange and I am pretty sure I havent seen another Heather around here so no i didnt get a card but then again I didnt join the card exchange.

Keep rockin'
Heather
Old 08-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

lol-I wish I still looked like that Stella, maybe I will again someday!

What is this card exchange? I'm in love with snail mail-lol
Old 08-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #24  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

oh heather thats right I'm sorry I had meant to write Diane! I'm not sure why I thought woodgals name was heather too! duh! whoops! lol
Old 08-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #25  

Good Morning Everyone,
Thank goodness it's friday, Woo Hoo! Thank goodness the weekend is right around the corner.

Ashley- Wow! So busy and now your going to add you going to the University. Just when do you sleep?

Shia- So glad your recovering so quickly. I can just picture you in the stands hootin' and a hollerin' for your son and his team.

Shannon- OMG! My son catches everything when it comes to school and his classmates. Right now he looks like Rudolph with his bright red nose.
I always have some sort of decorating dream going through my head that is just waiting for the finances to become available. So glad you got the hubby to help clean the man cave.

Lili- The only reason I had all this energy to clean was because the weather had me stuck inside for about 4 or 5 days and I was getting cabin fever.
Hang in there girl, maybe upping your exercise a little and taking in a few more calories might shake things up a little. It's worth a try.

Kitsey- You sound so much better and more POSITIVE. How cool of your mom to send the box of goodies. Just think of all the things you'll have to wear soon.

Heather- If you had kept going on your walk you may have walked right out of town. LOL! Awesome job on the exercise. I'd rather walk than any other exercise out there, I do a lot of walking in my pool.

Stella- Yesterday was an early post wasn't it. I actually start my post in a document the night before and then finish it in the morning. I am usually up somewhere between 4 or 5 in the morning. I'm actually running late this morning because I've been dealing with mom and her wanting to go home. She's been dressed and sitting in her chair with her purse on her lap just waiting to leave since before 3 this morning.
Sounds like you have a busy weekend in store for yourself. Enjoy your weekend!

Ags- I haven't been having the greatest month either. Not so much eating bad junk, but letting my guard down on my sodium watch. And between the rainy weather and my mom stressing me out, I have just been kinda maintaining and cruising along. My scale has been bouncing between the same 3 to 4 pounds for weeks now. We're not perfect, we're human and these things happen. Now on to a better week/month/year for both of us, right?

Maria- Sounds like you got some more friends to add to the mailing list. Heather (hbieber), Kitsey, and LiliK too. Are you enjoying your week off?

As for me I was POP yesterday. It rained in the am and again in the evening, but we actually saw some sunshine, which was nice for a change. The only good thing about these 5 or more days of rain is lower electric bill and the pool water has been so nice and cool.
I had a much better day watching my sodium yesterday then I have had all month. I don't know what it is, but when TOM rules his ugly head I see salt shakers. I have notice though that my trying to cut back on salt has given me a craving for more pepper on my foods. I have been peppering everything, pepper, pepper, pepper! And I like the course kind fresh out of the grinder, not that light finely ground stuff.
My mom has entered a new faze of dementia. She is starting to wonder and walk out of the house. We have extra locks and security on all the exits and sometimes it's just too difficult to get someone to watch her and the doors so I can get to the pool to exercise.
I was starting to get stressed and frustrated about it, but I just keep telling myself that she will be settled in an assisted living facility soon and things can get back to normal. Until then if the scale don't move upward I'm happy.
My son is still sick with a terrible head cold so he will be home again. He's been home sick since wednesday. Thank goodness some of his teachers are e-mailing me assignments so he doesn't fall too far behind.
Well ladies that is it for me, I hope everyone has a fantastic friday. POP it!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #26  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Ok ladies-just a quickie for now. I'm down 3.6lbs this week!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
Woo Hoo Mama, that scales a rockin"
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #28  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
Wow Shia, that is AWESOME!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #29  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

Yay, Devsmama!!! You GO, girl!!!! I am so pleased for you!!!!

Quickie from me is that during an "I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong" conversation with my DH, he said, "I know what it is--your thyroid isn't working." Long story short, because I'm on HRT for menopausal hot flashes, etc., my previous Synthroid dose isn't working any more. I almost cried from relief at being reminded of that, because I know I've been on plan 100% of the time and not eating too much sodium, walking more, drinking lots of water, and still no scale movement. And I can absolutely correlate the slowdown/stoppage of weight loss to the start of the HRT patch! Bless my DH for being so supportive and helping me get through this--I would never have remembered that and would have continued beating myself up about the situation as a matter of habit.

(more later--office about to be filled with kids needing last-minute schedule adjustments/advising) Nothing like feeling needed by a bunch of confused freshmen!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #30  
Endeavor to Persevere

SHIA

I couldn't resist!! LOL, here's a happy dance for ya!!

Closed Thread