Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - I'm safe sweetie.

Yesterday I did the Trolley Run for the second year - it's a 4 mile run that benefits The Children's Center for the Visually Impaired - and it was awesome. Over 10,000 participants this year - guess it benefited me too cuz I probably wouldn't have got 4 miles in. I took a minute a mile off last year's time.

Rat - how's the protein?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #17  

W000h000 GGG for the 4 miler!!! You done good.

I have failed mah protein this week. In the 70's for yesterday and today. Geeeesh.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Oh yesterday I was 68 - today 145. Funny thing is I could really tell the difference.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #19  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I spent the whole day working on two speeches for Green Bay. I swear they ended up being longer than my term paper this semester. I have been so-so on food, but himself is definitely on board. He has started asking me how many calories he is eating. I find it irritating, and I'm not sure why.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

I'm heading to the dentist in a few minutes... need to get a cavity filled and a wisdom tooth removed... yikes! Have never had a tooth pulled, and it's been like, a decade since I had to get a filling. Trying to stay calm about it, but it's definitely nerve wracking.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #21  

Hiya mah Peeps!

Neon, I have to take something to calm me down before the dentist. I hate going, but I do have a great dentist now.

Catherine, wow about the speeches. I dunno why having to track Himself's calories is annoying. Maybe he's making you the food police? Get Himself a calorie book and tell him you get a headache everytime he asks you to calculate what he's eating. Silly mens.

GGG, my average protein this week isn't as bad as I thought. I'm doing about 89g per day. I'm trying to find new powdered protein sources that don't taste like rotten eggs or aged sewage.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Ratkity I am laughing my head of at "aged sewage". Gosh I was sitting here hungry trying to distract myself and that thought knocked the hungry right outta me..thanks! LOL

neonwildflower - Thanks to you too..I am procrastinating going into town to the health department to get a copy of DS's birth certificate so he can play in his first t-ball game tonight. I have terrible "social phobia" I guess and I just dread going out in public. I should have done this yesterday and put it off til today and am still sitting here not going. I would much rather go there than to the dentist so that gave me a little kick in the butt lol It could be worse!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #23  

Lol, glad to be of help :P I'm back now. Sore... the numbness is starting to wear off, but I am less one wisdom tooth, and I am dreading going back for more fillings... that drill! Augh!!! Surprisingly the tooth extraction wasn't that bad, but I bet it's going to hurt soon... On the plus side it'll be easy to refrain from eating today. Lol.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Sairz: Oh your walk sounds super fun to me. I love, love dogs. I guess my name says it all, "dogpal" lol. Happy late Birthday!

Carol: Whew. Thanks for showing me your smiling face. Congrats on the run and shaving minutes off last year! Now that is a wonderful NSV!

Rat: Hang in there with the protein. I go to support group for weight loss surgery patients almost every Tuesday and I have to say..... you are not alone by any means. We have one DS regular attendee and she pretty much said the same things you have been saying. I still struggle with my protein if I don't write everything down and really concentrate on it. You will get there. Hang in there and just keep on trying

Catherine: LOL. Joel started to ask me calorie and protein questions too. It didn't irritate me too much but I can see how it would get old. Patience sweet friend.

Neon: Hope your mouth isn't too sore but I gotta say... way to look at the positive side of things. lol.

LadyC: I feel for you with the social phobia. I have it too but it is tons better now I think a combination of losing the weight and the right medication. Hang in there and stay strong.

I think I am pretty well caught up with the thread for now. It is raining today and I am thinking about walking in the rain with an umbrella. I lost another 2.5 pounds so I am thrilled.

I have to tell you guys that I think the culprit on me gaining/staying the same before was a wonderfully delicious drink that I was mistakenly buying as a daily treat called a "BIG TRAIN". I asked the barista to read me the calories when I first ordered it a looooong time ago. She said it has 160 calories plus the 90 calories for the ff milk that is in it. She told me it has 6 g of protein plus the protein from the milk. So, I was allowing myself one a day as a treat/protein drink since gall bladder was acting up before surgery and I couldn't eat much of anything. Well, I happened to mention to a different barista the other day about calories etc. and she said that in the drink I was ordering, same Big Train, yes there are 160 calories but that is per scoop and they put in 3 scoops!!!!! I was so upset. I have been counting 250-280 calories per drink all this time and it has actually been 570 calories per drink. Duh! No wonder I have been staying the same and or gaining weight. So, I cut them out of my world on Friday and since then I have dropped 6 pounds!!!! Moral of the story, be careful what goes in your mouth even if someone tells you the calories, ask questions and be clear as to how much goes in your food/drink. I feel so stupid but... I feel happy and blessed to have hopefully found the answer to my gain/stall.

Hope everyone has much better weather than we are having but I guess we need the rain.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #25  

For the sake of not misrepresenting myself... I'm no longer looking on the positive side of things. I'm sitting at home, alone, crying, wishing I had my mom or my sister around so I could just have someone take care of me. I'm feeling bitter that my boyfriend and I broke up, because I took care of him through his hernia surgery and always assumed he'd return the favour when I needed it, but now I have no one. It was just the one tooth, so my mouth isn't in too bad of shape, but it's bloody and gross and I can't eat like, anything. All my food is crunchy (veggies) or whole grain and I can't eat any of that. Everyone keeps telling me to go get ice cream, but I don't want to just eat ice cream... why have I been working so hard to stay on plan if I were just to blow it on a tub of ice cream?! Other suggestions have been mashed potatoes, pudding, and kraft dinner. I had such good meal plans for the week I am lonely, sore, and hungry. Just needed to cry to someone.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #26  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-I think I'm simply irritated with him because he's going out of town. We seem to fight right before he leaves every time. I'm going to be by myself off and on most of the next month. Guess I'll get some sewing done.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Neon SOUP!!!! I always get soups after dental stuff. there are lots of healthy soups out there, tinned or in tubs (chilled). I agree about ice cream, sugar+fat NOT good when you're trying to lose weight!!! HUGSXXXXXX
xxxxxxx sharon
Old 04-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Aww neon I am so sorry you are going through that. I hate not having anyone to take care of me too when I'm hurting or sick and then I have to take care of my 6 year old on top of it. (hubby is a trucker and is gone most of the time)

Maybe soups with reduced salt, or broth, or sugar free jello or pudding, applesauce, maybe a banana fruit smoothie and eat it with a spoon. If I remember right you aren't supposed to drink through a straw..

Big hugs!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Neon: so sorry that you are sad, hurting and lonely. {{Hugs}} I agree with the above suggestions. Especially Sharon and soup. I eat soup almost daily with some protein in it. Take care sweetie. Hugs.

Sharon: Hi (waving)

Catherine: Ah. You more than likely have it narrowed down. There are times like that when Joel and I bicker right before or after something like that. Hugs and sorry you will be alone. Yes, sew like the wind when he is gone.

I am so proud of myself. I just did my 2 miles in the rain. I would never have walked in the rain before. Heck... I never used to walk anywhere before. I just got my Tigger umbrella and took my walk. I didn't melt either. lol. Only casualty was my curly hair got super curly.lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 04-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Hugs to you Neon, Annie honey it's good to see, to the newbies welcome aboard. I really don't have much to say other than staying on track and working out each week. I posted on here that my starting weight was 310 many years before I joined this board I was 345 lbs, I got down to 210 then back up to 310 and that was when I said I had enough and have started over, this time I am eating a lot more healthier and working out, before I was just drinking a slim fast for breakfast and one for lunch then having a small steak with nothing on it and two small flour tortillas so yep I was starving myself. This time I am taking it slowly. Keep up the good work ladies, and remember one pound one day at a time.
Closed Thread