Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #1  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1251

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #2  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Just noticed a new thread hadn't been started. I'm off to work.. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #3  

Hiya my peeps!

Ok.. I'm gonna kill a couple of golden retrievers.... first, one of them stole the cat's food from the table when I was in the shower. Then, about noon, I couldn't find my wallet. I could've sworn it was in my backpack (that I take to work). I was in the process of cancelling cards when I saw my wallet.. in the dog's bed!!! One of those bad doggies stole my wallet. At least I saw it after only cancelling one card. Geeesh. Both are in the dog house today!! I was in a panic. lol

On a good note, I went to work for a half day today and did very well.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 02-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rat-the only times my older brothers ever asked me for legal advice was before a divorce. They never took the advice I gave them, I guess because I'm just their baby sister, but then complained later when they got their rear ends handed to them that I hadn't warned them, or helped them. There are times it is good to be in another country now where the calls are fewer because they are more expensive.

Feeling like I'm starting to get back in a groove which I could so use right now. I just got back from another book club where a bunch of little old ladies asked me all levels of personal questions.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #5  

Hiya my peeps!

Well, the latest crisis with big sis is that she needed an empty credit card to put 8400 dollars on for back taxes or her accts would remain frozen. She found she had an empty one and her accts should be released in a few days. Never a dull moment. I did take the opportunity to tell her she had to move and get rid of the leased mercedes. Live in a hovel for a little while and drive a clunker like the rest of us. I got in my say, and that's that. She didn't hang up on me. Always a good thing.

Meanwhile, I'm healing more and more each day. I can't believe I am back to work after 3 weeks. I believe I am going to make some of my chili this weekend. I found out a small wendy's chili has 19 carbs! I'm trying to keep carbs under 50g. I didn't succeed to day. I did get in 73g of protein, yay!

Catherine, sometimes I wish I lived in a country where phones were hard to come by (as well as cell phones). I came home from work at 2:30p and crashed and apparently, she called 4-6x between cell, work and home phones. Good thing I keep the ringers low.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Wow! I feel like you all know exactly how my relationship is with my siblings as well---I am always there to help, but they end up not wanting my advice or not always offering the same level of support.

My food has been difficult lately because I have been dealing with a lot of emotional stress---a loved one told a family member that they don't like me and I am very hurt by it because I love him so much. It really hurts a lot because they need a lot of help, but are resistant about it. I am also stressed because I am trying to be more successful, but am finding that because of my weight, my improvements feel like they are being overlooked and no matter how hard I try, I am not able to develop a more respectful level of rapport with certain people. I feel like they look at me and think fat and incompetent, and even though I try very hard to do better and better, I still get treated as such. And then there is the issue with my bf deciding that he isn't sure if he wants to be with me, and the idea of trying to date again, and finding someone who accepts me for me, is very scary.

I am thinking that if I focus very hard on what I eat and trying to get the scale to move, then it will help me with a lot of my stress.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #7  

hey BBW,

I know we have a tendency to give and give, not feeling we deserve help when we need it. Or like me, I just isolate and try to do everything by myself.

After a certain age, I gave up on men and people. Sounds pessimistic, but I'm not bitter, just let go of needing external validation.

I'm good at what I do and speak my mind when I have something constructive to add to a conversation at work. I feel like people listen when I have something important to contribute. I don't try to change little things that are wrong. An old professor once told me to save your energy and only fight the battles that mean the most to you.. forget the little things. Not sure if any of that helps you in your work situation, but it's really helped me.

Hugs,
Ratkity

edit: hit enter too soon!

Last edited by Ratkitten; 02-22-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #8  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Hey Everyone!

I am back in town after visiting a friend for a while. It was hard on the diet because we ate out a lot but I did still manage to lose 1.5 pounds. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to catch up on missed threads.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all-Just a quick update for me..I lost 1.8 lbs this week so i am now over 50 lbs lost..yippee! Gonna try harder to work out more this week and eat better so that hopefully I will lose 4 or 5 lbs this week. Sorry so short i will catch up with you guys later!
Heather
Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

evening all..

Rat: Goodness about the sibling troubles. ;( I live with my brother..or I should say he lives with us..if he didnt have his won room upstairs above the garage..I would have kicked his butt by now

Kristi:WTG on the loss even though you were eating out..fun times

As for me: Well my oldest is better but the hives are still coming every now and then. I think I will call the derm and take him back there. I hope it isnt something else

I started about 2 weeks ago on the acidulpholis (spelling) I am so much better! I don't have the diarrhea anymore...and I don't ahve cramping when I eat..weird huh? I am also not drinking soda anymore..just water. There are times I crave it..but I dont do it.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow caught the last thread about memory loss, I SO relate to that, I've been considering going back to Uni/school to do a one year post grad in teaching secondary (UK equiv. of high school 11-16 yo)school technology but I've been so scared my brain isn't up to it. I forget words, what I'm saying...etc I thought HRT would help, it hasn't, trouble is in the UK Thyroid testing is just usually a basic test, no detailed analysis so dunno if it's worth seeing my doctor.
Ratkitty SO glad you are getting better & I LOVE your cat's picture, what a character! xxxxxx
We went to stay with my parents for a few days, we got snowed in & stayed until Monday instead of Sunday. I walked a lot, stayed OP and my jeans are falling down! I 'shopped' in my wardrobe for size 18s, one pair fit, two others were still a bit tight, but another couple of weeks & they will fit. I can't wait until I can get back into those 16s I wore a couple of years ago (when I was on a liquid diet) & maybe even get to shop for SIZE 14s!!! As you can see I'm hopeful & fairly confident of doing it this time, low carb really 'does it' for me.
xxxxxxxxsharon
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
As you can see I'm hopeful & fairly confident of doing it this time, low carb really 'does it' for me.
xxxxxxxxsharon
Best of Luck Sharon. I have found that it is the best thing for me as well...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Kind of a long whine...about my life.

Helloooo everyone. Well, struggling like crazy over here. Found out my OBGYN gave me the wrong prescription for my BC pills, so I've literally been sick since November/December. Like every day, but at the time I thought it was just me getting used to taking my turmeric pills again. I take them for HS, but I think some of my depression is from that pill change. I was fine on my other pill, so I got a new prescription for my old pill, but I have to go back into the doc (which I am for my yearly in march anyhow) and get a NEW prescription. The thing is they don't even make the pill she accidentally put me on anymore. Apparently they don't make the non-generic form of it and I didn't notice as it looks the same, the name is practically the same. Blah...

My relationship, or lack there of, is suffering. I've been fighting depression since November, but I know it just isn't because of pills. The problem is my boyfriend has Asperger's, he was recently diagnosed, and what people don't see is that I deal with this on a daily basis. No affection, outbursts, screaming, yelling, selfish feelings...the lot. It is really sad and I've been coping with it since I was 20 and I've had enough. I know it isn't "his fault" but apart of me is really angry because he uses his condition now as a weapon. So, there is no way to talk anything out. It isn't just that either, he sabotages my weight loss or life progress. When I'm happy he has MORE outbursts and when I'm sad he leaves me alone and doesn't cause a fuss.

What gets to me the most is that the reason WHY he got a diagnoses was because I heard from a family friend that she knew someone with it and we think it runs in the family. The family has "issues." The description she gave me was 100% like my boyfriend so I went and did research, talked to people, I mean I cared and wanted to make things better for him and us. So, the end result of that? He took EVERYTHING out on me with NO exception. Screaming, shouting, for DAYS and that was just before November. Then he had the audacity to scream at me recently that I don't believe him, that he has a condition because he doesn't get why I'm so angry and why I'm so sad. So, yeah when I told him that was like a slap in the face because I did so much for him and I had to deal with his family. Let me tell you about the family outbursts that drain me for days...the lot of them screaming, crying, at each other. *sighs* It just is too much.

I want so much to change my life to move on...I'm starting to feel resentment and I know once that settles in there is no turning back, at least not without work, but I've been "working" for years and it isn't fair that I'm supposed to do MORE work for people who I feel don't really care in the end. It is so hard to talk to someone who when you say "I'm hurt" they say in return, yelling mind you, "Well I'm hurt. My feelings, me me me me me" *sighs*...I feel invisible and pointless. I just deal with a lot with this and the thing is I know it isn't just about me, but I get all the outbursts, all the screaming, all the yelling and with my past of abuse (which to be honest NEVER gets brought up as to WHY things hurt me the way they do) it really affects me in a very negative way.

It isn't that I don't love my bf, but what is there isn't enough to sustain a relationship and I'm seeing that now. I might feel different in the future, I don't know. It is kind of scary because I was so madly in love with him years ago, but now I feel invisible, I feel abused, I feel like he doesn't love me back at all. I feel like he fell out of love with me years ago. He says he loves me, but I don't believe him or perhaps I'm just too tired and need a break. He wants to go to therapy together, I have refused because I do so much for other people and feel like it wouldn't be for "me and him" but for "him" and "only him." Maybe I'm just angry right now, upset, perhaps in the future I would think differently, but right now I'm just tired and even now, yesterday I got screamed at over something HE did, not me. HE. But in his eyes it is all my fault as usual and there is no way to talk about it, no way to do anything, so whatever.

Sorry for the whine fest. I just sort of thought I would take a chance and get that out. I'm kind of seeing things differently now. I need to regain my independence. I thought about having my own place (I can't right now) and I actually thought "huh, that would be cool." My life is overly complicated, like all our lives are. Things people do, things we go through, it just is hard to cope with that and I'm finding that unless I talk about it...well I just go within and fade away. I don't want to do that.

*HUGS*
Old 02-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Don't fade away!!!! No idea advice-wise, but hang in there, maybe therapy for you alone? It might help you see what YOU NEED rather than anyone else. HUGS XXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxsharon
Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Has your bf sought help for the aspergers? Are there some aspects of his personality that can be changed (such as the outbursts), and others not changed (maybe the lack of affection?), do you think that you can stay in a relationship with these issues?

Understand that it is okay if you cannot, as you are a human being and need love and understanding like anyone else. If the person you are with is not able to be affectionate, it is not your fault, nor are you required to stay "just because".

I hope that things get better for you. Please know that there are people here that care about you and want you to be well. (((hugs)))
Closed Thread