Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1218

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Debbie54: glad to see ya back posting. We have missed ya!

Jacquie: Thanks for that website about high blood pressure. It was really informative. According to that site I really think I do have it. Will know more when I start monitoring it.

Yesterday we had a bday party for my son at my sisters. She has a pool and stuff so it was fun. I could not swim because TOM was here but it was ok still. I was crying alot yesterday as well.

Today I ahve to go into work early because a couple grils are off and I am covering the early shift.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Ours was rather low key, but we bbq'd and watched the fireworks our neighbors always put on. It was nice relaxing on the deck and watching them.

I made a big bowl of strawberries and blueberries topped with whipped cream for our 4th of July dessert. Yum! Nothing like fresh in season fruit. I have been enjoying it each night since!

Summer cold/cough still hanging on. Nights are the worst for me. Hard to sleep as I start coughing and can't stop. BLECH!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #4  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Finally weighted in today. The damage is a gain of 8lbs. But I am adding into the factor of TOM. So here we go again!

So the goal will be to be 308 lbs by July 31. Day one of cleanse has gone well. Not feeling and of the mild ickiness that they say might happen. Maybe cause I feel icky already with TOM and the weight.

What are other peoples goals for this month?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #5  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hi everybody!

Torister - strawberries are one of my favorite things ever ever ever! Your fruit salad sounds a lot like paradise

My goals for the month? I would LOVE to be 299 by the time I go to NY on August 5th. But my main July goal is to maintain the week of the 12th - I will be spending the week in Maryland with my BIL taking care of my nephew and BIL and I can get out of hand with food pretty easily. But I'm not gonna let it happen and I am going to AT LEAST maintain if not lose!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Cyn- Thanks for the welcome back and it feels good to be back and accountable again. The weight sure does come back on really easy if you let it get away from you.
Hope you get your bp under control soon if that's what you determine it to be.

Peggy, sounds like you had a nice time over the weekend. Gotta love those yummy fresh fruits!

Julia, my goal for the month is just to stay focused and get back to the basics of a successful weight loss program.

nooch, you can do it! Just set your mind to what you Boy, the want to accomplish and the sky's the limit!!

Ok, I gotta get busy getting some work done around here. Vacuuming, washing clothes and waiting for my Avon orders to come in. Things are going pretty well with Avon. I did a fundraiser for the USO this weekend and was sorta surprised how people wouldn't give a donation but then once I think how bad the economy is, I can understand. I think I'll get a few new customers out of it too. It was fun and the fireworks show at the end of the day were great!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #7  
moving the chains

Glad to hear Avon is going well! One of my mom's friends does Avon so when I lived in NY I had a near-constant supply and it was great

I just posted a few pictures of my wedding in March and my mom's wedding in June in the pic thread btw!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #8  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Julia - I think my goal is just to keep on track. I'm doing a maintenance week this week (lots of food) and then back to the usual the week after that, and hopefully keep everything good until I'm back in school. I'll be canning cherries probably next week, and we'll do dill pickles maybe the week after that. So I'll definitely be busy.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #9  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am sitting here reading http://www.ontariofarmfresh.com/cons...ats-in-season/

Then going to get more recipies for new stuff to try. You would think that I would have planned ahead and bought a case of jars each month during the winter so I would have enough jars for my ambition! Already did 12 quarts of strawberry jam.

Last edited by JuliaDH; 07-06-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #10  

Hi all,

Out from just lurking for a moment...

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm doing a one pound a week weight loss goal since I have so much to lose, my fitness girl suggested concentrating on that and not fretting about big term goal weight loss and it's worked great. I am stressing less because I don't feel as much pressure to pull big numbers. The results: I'm in Week #7 and I'm down 12 pounds so I'm over goal and very happy. It's a great start.

Cyn...be very careful with high blood pressure if that's what you have. They call it the "silent killer" because you don't have any symptoms from having it. I have never had high BP until the past few months and no one, myself or my doctor can tell me suddenly why I have it. I'm now on my third mixture of pills to bring it back down but thankfully there is something available, even though I had taking pills, that can help - it's finally coming back down. Take care of yourself - watch your BP closely.

Torister (Peggy?)...your strawberries and blueberries combo sounds delicious. I miss getting fresh fruit. I only buy a little because it's expensive and I hate how fast it goes bad. Hope you're feeling better soon - worse time is summer to be sick if you ask me. Doesn't seem natural.

Julia...my goal is to stick to OP as much as possible. As I said above, I have a small 1 pound goal each week so I concentrate more on making small changes and it seems to be working. Don't fret the weight gain - it happens to all of us and TOM isn't a very good friend, is he? And wow...homemade jam...Mmm...I sure miss that being from Ontario.

Nooch...I hope you hit your 299 goal by August 5th. I'm cheering for you!

Debbie - hi there. I'm fairly new to the site. Nice to "meet" you.

Anne - greetings from another Canadian (from Windsor), but who is living in the US right now. I hope to go back "home" someday. You've done so well so far - keep it up. You're a great inspriation to us all.

Well I hope to stop lurking so much and get writing but I just seem to never have a moment's peace. No excuses, I know.

Have a great day everyone and an even better week.

Last edited by Dani052566; 07-06-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #11  

Heather,

I have a technical question. Do you know why even after updating my signature with my new weight, the slider bar in my signature is correct showing 12 pounds lost but under my name on the left side where it shows my starting weight, current weight and goal, it is incorrectly showing my current weight? I thought if I updated the HTML in my signature that does that too but I'm wrong? If so, where does that part get changed?

Thank you and sorry to have to ask.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #12  
moving the chains

I'm not Heather, but if you go to User CP and then Edit Profile, you can scroll down to Additional Information and edit it there
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Dani -- what nooch said! The trackers and the side info are independent of each other!

My goal this month. Well, I don't like setting time based weight goals, so my goal is to get my eating under control. Specifically, to write down everything I eat this month. And to keep my calories around 1800 every day. That should get the scale moving a bit.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #14  

Nooch and Heather - thanks so much. I was looking all over the place for it and couldn't remember where I'd found it before - duh!

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #15  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani052566 View Post
Anne - greetings from another Canadian (from Windsor), but who is living in the US right now. I hope to go back "home" someday. You've done so well so far - keep it up. You're a great inspriation to us all.

Well I hope to stop lurking so much and get writing but I just seem to never have a moment's peace. No excuses, I know.
Dani - greetings back. I'm in Burlington myself. I understand the lurking bit, as I seem to do more of that lately myself. I'm back in college at the moment, and I'm not sure if I'll eventually relocate myself. Most of the better opportunities at the moment are in Alberta or the east coast. Although I still have work terms and 4 more semesters of classes, so who knows, maybe Ontario will have picked up a little by then.
Closed Thread