Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #16  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good day to you, girlfriends. It's another gorgeous day in central California. My mother's garden is really putting out and we've had a lot of cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini (my sons have already reached squash-capacity) and green beans. Tonight is the local farmers' market, so I think we'll go and meander. The local cherry season is over, and now I want some peaches!

I found more dandelion greens at a local market, so that's going to be my lunch today. I really missed having access to such a variety of good veggies. When I lived in Kuwait, the variety was incredible, even more than California, but nearly everything was flown in, and a head of butter leaf lettuce from Holland required taking out a loan! I don't complain at all about American produce prices.

DG, my heart goes out to you and your husband. It sounds like he's being cared for very well. I know this is a really stressful time for you. It's hard to detach from the worry to care for yourself. I hope you're, at the very least, working at getting a good night's sleep at least every other night, and an afternoon nap when you can. That'll keep your mind clearer and more capable of managing things for your husband and yourself.

Vortex, so glad to hear from you again. I'm sending good, healing thoughts out for your mother. Hope your new home is everything you need it to be. I love moving (yes, I recognize that's strange). I've gotten really good at it, with 19 moves under my belt. It's an opportunity to get rid of a lot of garbage. And this most recent move has been the most enjoyable of all, because everything, and everyone, in my house is truly wanted.

Georgia

Last edited by geoblewis; 07-02-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!

Last edited by BarbPA; 07-02-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

yes, terri!

Last edited by Heather; 07-02-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Wink Just peeking in.

Hi All!

Just checked in to see what was happening at 3FC's these days and see that some of my old friends are either still here or back. Hi Terri, Barb PA, Ruth and I even saw JoAnne a thread or two back. Hope you're all well.

Happy Birthday Terri! The card's in the mail!

Happy Independance Day!

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-03-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

((((THIN)))) It's wonderful to see you popping your head in here!

I'm wiped and still have a big night ahead....this morning I did a lil shopping, hit the gym for 1.5 hours, then it was out to lunch w/ the family, cleaned up my potted plants, vacuumed for ever....how does one dog shed so darn much???? just sat down to relax and then we are off to a minor league baseball game with the boys. It's fireworks night! Neither of them napped today so it could be interesting. I'm also hopeful for a healthy choice or two.

Wish I could stay to chat more, but must go change clothes and get the little guys changed....

Catch ya'll later!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #21  
Renaissance Woman

I bought my kids a Wii Fit this week and we've been playing with it for the last two days. It's so much fun! My 11-year-old exercised 35 minutes yesterday and then pushed himself to workout for an hour today. He seems to love to compete with himself. I always knew he had a competitive nature, but this is so cute...and productive! He's even watching how much he eats now too.

Tomorrow my parents are coming over for an Independence Day breakfast. So, they don't want anything with wheat, or eggs, or sugar (including fruit). I guess I can give them water and a piece of celery!

Have a happy 4th, everyone!

Georgia
Old 07-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #22  

Smile

Terri, sorry I am late with the birthday wishes. Hope it was a blast!

Hi Thin, How are you? Lost your addy again!

We don't have a flag or anything to celebrate the fourth? Happy fourth of July all!

Guest duties call. See ya later. XO Ruth
Old 07-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm back! Not that I've been anywhere but back online. Earlier in the week, DH got a nasty something on his laptop that I have not been able to remove and repair. Then my laptop kind of went bzzzzt and appears to be dead. We got a new desktop yesterday. With a 20 inch screen which is so big! Its going to take a while to adjust to because its kind of like sitting on the front row of a movie. I think I am going to have to get special glasses because the bifocals just aren't working too well with this setup.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Sorry I wasn't here to respond sooner. Here, just not able to get online. It was a pretty quiet day. But it was a productive day. I've done a lot the last three days so I'm doing pretty much nothing today. I've pulled weeds, carried rocks, finally finished moving the sand pile, moved river rock for the pool landscaping, cleaned house and sweat a lot. Considering all the hard work, I'm not too sore.

We had church friends down last evening. We had a blast. They are such good people. We did our healthy kabob feast and that was great. They brought the not-so-healthy veggie pizza and fruit pizza. I don't need to eat any of that for awhile!

Today, I'm working on the new computer. I'm not sure if my hard-drive on the laptop is alive or not. I'm going to be really sad about that because, OF COURSE, its been awhile since I had copied stuff to the external hard drive AND I had been scanning old photos and throwing them away. And there are the past years of income tax files not printed out to save paper, and audio books, itunes, music purchased, etc. Oh yeah, and my extensive financial records. I'm trying to figure out how to recreate the financial stuff. I've used Microsoft Money for years and I see that they are discontinuing that and it can no longer be purchased. Boo!!! Guess its time to switch to Quicken online. I'll have to rebuild my Dave Ramsey intensive budget that I had spent a lot of time creating. I'm most concerned about the other things I have potentially lost. I'll take it in and see if the hard-drive can be removed and turned into an external drive for retrieval. {{{{Sigh}}}}}

I need to get up and move around some. I'll be back later for replies and more catching up. to all!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #24  
Renaissance Woman

OMG!!! I soooooooo overate today!

Mistake no. 1 - not eating breakfast until 11 a.m. I had too many strawberries and blueberries and stuffed myself.
Mistake no. 2 - not eating again until 5 p.m. Way too much potato salad, and potato chips and a Coke (which I haven't had for a long, long time) and then had a half of a large chocolate cup cake and a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Fortunately no alcohol. Finally stopped eating around 9 p.m.

It's now after midnight and I'm still too full. I'm glad I am feeling so uncomfortable and regretful about this!

Georgia
Old 07-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I overate the last two days! I'm so happy to be recommitted and back OP - I made poor choices and no one to blame but me. Fortunately leftovers of a heatlhy grape salad and healthy cole slaw are still here - the poor choices are gone. Interesting - what I miss most is water and exercise - so they will be on the agenda today.

Terri - belated birthday wishes. Good luck retrieving the info.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #26  

I am definitely not making good choices, and need to recommit myself to my plan and my goals!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals! Sounds like we need a few food makeovers around here. You can do it....out with the bad...in w/ the good...NOW!

Doing great here. Yesterday was a low key 4th for us. Hung around the house most of the day, took my oldest to the pool for a couple hours, played with trains, re-potted my veggie plants....for dinner I grilled a turkey burger and veggies. Today has been a good one as well. I hit the gym while DH took the boys on a train ride (yes, trains are the obsession around here right now). Then I spent awhile sanding a board that I'm going to use as an inset for the boy's train table. I'm so tired of the wooden pieces coming apart that I'm going to glue them to a painted board that will fit nicely into the table. Unfortunately the guy didn't cut it quite right and I had to saw and sand a bit of it.

I think we are going to head to the park, out to eat and then maybe a scoop of ice cream...just one!

I'm just rambling now...I hope you are all fabulous! Chat w/ ya more later!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone;

After lurking again for too long, I'm back to start over again. I'm starting SB tomorrow, and I think mentally and physically, am more than ready.

I'm 42, and feel regretful of letting myself get to this point, and the time I have wasted in my life being overweight and not living it to the fullest ... but I'm ready to put that behind me and move on.

I think being on here a bit more regular, instead of other things, and seeing everyone's stories and motivations and successes will definitely keep me moving in the right direction.

You are all a true inspiration !
Old 07-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #29  

STOP!!! New week, new thread!!
Closed Thread