Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - planning is such a huge part of success in this journey - I'm glad you shared our conversation. I thought about it after you left - I plan and prepare for meetings, I plan the garden, I plan what Christmas gifts to buy - but I don't put it all together - like a budget. My circles never overlap - I need to make that happen instead of having all of these stand alone issues I need to link them together. Oh - better include the exercise circle too.

I can't believe you got that all planted - wow - you were one busy woman. It took me the rest of the day to rearrange the gardens - lots of digging and replanting.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #17  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Had a few tough days that I blew the plan, but could have blown it much worse. I was better over my own birthday than I’ve been recently at other assorted cake centered events.

Good activity over the weekend with TONS of yard work, gardening and yes, even some dreaded housework, but I rode a little and gave a riding lesson over the weekend that required walking back in forth in the sand, keeping up with little girl on a naughty horse. (She did wonderfully, BTW, and had that ornery old pony all the way around the arena a few times by herself by the time we were done.) I loved the hot weather – Gabe didn’t feel like bucking, lol!

So far I have a net loss of 1 lb for the week…. But it aint over til I climb on the scale tomorrow night. Who knows what will happen by then.

…If I could just talk myself into getting on that treadmill, I know I’d behave better, and I’d burn so much more. Soon. Someday soon.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm here to report that I finally made it to the fitness center. With all the yardwork and work work, its been weeks. But I am thrilled that I was able to do 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the treadmill. Not bad for so long away. I guess all this yardwork has been helping my physical condition.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- That's great!!!

Now, don't forget to log those minutes in the exercise thread!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #20  

I am finding yardwork to be very physical!! I know a few years ago a could have never used a rake and hoe in the garden for hours like i am this year.

Eating was good today. Exercise was good but I am not on track to hit my goal for the month..I am really going to have to log alot of min to hit my goal.

We made it thru the day without any rain.Im hoping we get another break tommorow from it.I enjoy having the kids outside to play. Tommorow I am keeping my 4yr old great nephew for the morning.SO I will have 4 kids under age 5. I plan on spoiling them and taking them to the drugstore to get an icecream cone...non for me!

hugs to all
Old 05-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Super fast Hello!!!

Hectic as usual around here. I hope to find time to catch up with you lovely ladies soon!

Be Happy and Healthy!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #22  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quick check-in for today. Off to USC. We walked all over UCLA yesterday, for two hours, up and down hills and stairs. I slept well last night!

Keeping healthy with the eating. Lots of veggies, only one meal at restaurant so far. This morning had chicken sausage with spinach on whole wheat toast. My son even liked it! Need more water today.

Have a lovely day!

Georgia
Old 05-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hi All,
It is so very HOT today that I cannot wait for the sun to go down so I can take my walk around the local lake. I am training myself to walk a little farther each day so I can nature walk without problem when we vacay upstate next month. I am so looking forward to getting out of the heat although it is driving me to drink beaucoup water so that is good.

Has anyone been to the Grand Canyon is the past 5 years? Can you still drive around in your own car or do you have to ride a shuttle? I need to check. We travel with a little dog who is well-behaved and we always pick up after her. I know that we can't take her on a shuttle so I hope it is still worthwhile to drive a car there. It is hard to find dog-friendly places and I blame the irresponsible owners that ruin it for the rest of us.

My weight-lifting partner just got laid off and I fear she won't be going with me anymore. I'll just have to suck it up and go alone but I so prefer the accountibility when someone expects you to be there.

Enough about me! I hope that everyone is doing well and, if not, I send you hugs!

Pennie
Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #24  
MTM

Afternoon everyone!

Well, so far I am too chicken to get on the scale and too wary of my bike to get on that. I think--no, I know--I'm doing better with food, but not nearly as good as I need to do. I'm hungry all the time, but I know it's going to take some time to slog through this phase...it did before and I know it will this time.

I was reading a blog, I think it might have been Terri's, and something she wrote made me wonder what on earth people that are not fighting their weight and constantly thinking about what they're going to eat, think about!!! Basically, I think about food when I get up, all throughout the day, and then I go to bed trying to convince myself not to get up throughout the night and eat. I am forever talking to myself about how I need to stay away from the crap food and out of the drive-through's. Geesh.

Thanks for all the welcome-backs. I am so going to try to stick with this job this time...I did so well a couple years ago, but then life got in the way again and I slid right back to where I was, only further up the scale, I'm afraid.

How on earth did I allow this to happen again?

Charlotte
Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #25  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Charlotte, my mother, who is Greek, and tiny, thinks about food all day. And I believe all Greek women think about food all day. I believe all Greek men think about sex, what their mother is going to cook for them, how to get out of doing any work all day. Also, a good portion of time spent not thinking about anything at all.

What would you rather be thinking about?

Georgia
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #26  
MTM

Quote:
What would you rather be thinking about?
Hmmmmm, that's interesting. I guess I'd like to quit worrying about food all the time--it seems that I'm always thinking and planning on what and when I'm going to eat and whether I can control my portions. I wish I had more self-control over food and it bugs me that I don't. I quit smoking 19 years ago next month--2 1/2 packs (at least) a day and I honestly don't know how I did it. I know that that took a lot of self-control so I know that at one point I was able to practice it, but I've certainly lost it since then.

I guess I'd rather think about my kids, my grandson, my family, whether I have a book to read...just easy things. It's awfully hard to explain, I guess, and you've certainly given me something to think about today!

Charlotte
Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #27  

When I was actually losing weight, food was all I thought about. Morning, noon and night. What can I eat for breakfast? How many points are in that? How can I cook that to make it less fattening? What can I order off the menu if I go out? Where can we go that has decent, OP food? What will I make for dinner? Will I have enough points for the day? Will I have too many points for the day. And on and on and on and on.

I got SO TIRED of it! But I also know that when I quit being that way, I stopped losing weight. I got started thinking about other things, stopped thinking about food all the time, and gained 30 lbs. I'm still not where I should be, still not doing enough thinking about food, and still not losing any weight.

I just KNOW there is a happy medium out there, where you think about food enough to keep losing, but have time for other thoughts to enter your mind. But I haven't found it yet.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #28  

I have slacked on the thinking about food also. Maybe that is part of my weight stall and super slow loss. I use to figure up my calories while i was eating or right before I ate a meal. I knew how many cups of what I could have. Lately I have been winging it more...I also catch myself picking up a chip when the kids have them and not counting it. Those 10 calorie chips add up fast!!
I seem to be an all or nothing kind of person...Cant go back to not thinking about food and just eating it mindlessly.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Morning ladies,

Interesting conversation. I know I've been there where all I think and talk about is food, Weight Watchers, points, South Beach, . I agree with Lilion about getting tired of it. One thing isn't going to change and that is that we have to eat every day until we die.

I'm not really talking about it with DH anymore. Because I know he's tired of listening to it and yet I'm doing something besides what I talk about. For this week, I made the menu plan and grocery list and stuck it on the refrigerator. He was happy because he didn't have to think about food or what to cook.

I find that if I make the plan and make sure I am prepared for my plan, then I'm not thinking about the food so much. Actually, if I make a plan of many things that I need to be doing and concentrate on getting those things done, it helps to occupy my mind elsewhere. Another thing is to have earbuds stuck in my ears a lot during the day. I listen to books on the way to work; podcasts while I'm working; and music while I'm outside working. It all helps keep my mind off food and focused on the task at hand.

I think it was Jillion that made Tara (on Biggest Loser) walk away from the exercise and food rigidity for just a while to give herself balance. We have to purposefully put that balance into our lives in order to sustain healthy habits. Its not easy but we have to work hard to make this second nature to us if we want this to be for life and not just a temporary accomplishment.

Backing down off the Sorry if I got carried away!

I'm happy with the week so far. I have gotten in some exercise each day in addition to the other work I do at night. Last night, I walked the doggies and jogged (slowly) down the driveway three times. Duke likes it when I jog because he gets to run a little bit more like the girls do. He so wants to chase them but he doesn't get to be off the leash and I feel bad for not being able to move faster.

Better get to work. to all!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 05-28-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #30  

I am a list maker. I get up and make a list of things to do each day.I stay at home and run a daycare so I am able to squeeze in a bit of housework each day...well most days.LOL
I find that if I dont make those list I get sidetracked and dont get my jobs done for the day.I think for me its the same with food.If i dont know whats for dinner then I am more likely to eat something unhealthy for me.If I know im having baked fish and green beans and a baked potatoe, I seem to look forward to eating that and not tempted by a cookie or a few chips.
Closed Thread