Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

cyn_ at least you know what is going on now. Even though its not good new you can deal with it better just knowing what it is and how to deal with it.
Sounds like you may have gotten a good dr this time. YOu might want to continue seeing her.
catherine_ your humor keeps me laughing..You deserve the attention!! ENJOY!!

A new tv series aired in the US last night and i find it distrubing it was called MENTAL. Basically one guy was taken off his meds and they showed him living a so called normal life. I just hope it doesnt encourage people going off their meds. I know with my hubbys bipolar illness he would end up in the hospital fast if he went off meds. I will make sure we are busy when it comes on next week so hubby forgets about it.I dont think its a good show for him or me!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 AM   #32  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

JuliaDH-I have a problem with wanting to eyeball calories and that throws off my calories like the others said too. Thanks for the welcome!

Realist-I hope your father is doing alright!

annette-that's great!

I am going to recover from my misstep last night, today and try and not let it happen again! haha
Old 05-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Haleygirl: Welcome. I adore all of the ladies here and I'm sure in time you will to. They are so full of information, encouragement and love. I'm looking forward to this journey with you.

Catherine: You are too cute. I think it is so great that you are feeling so much love in your new homeland. Hugs to you sweetie. Take it all in, You are loved.

Cyn: Hugs. I'm glad that you went to a different Dr. I hope you can keep that one instead of going back to the other one. Hang in there.

Debi: I swear some of the shows on tv now days are just plain weird! Hugs to ya anyway.

Well, I am finally down again to 213 today. I have been working so hard lifting weights and doing the trampoline, ablounger and cardio stuff. I have also really started paying closer attention to what goes in my mouth. I am trying very hard to focus on eating the way I am supposed to, protein, protein and more protein. lol. I do manage to eat some veggies daily which I love, love, love them. Last night we had leftover grilled Pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus (my favorite way to eat it) and a nice green salad.

All of our veggies are popping up which is so exciting to me. We planted more lemon cucumbers and last year they didn't pop up at all and this year they are already up and stretching towards the sun. The squash is already up too and we purchased and planted tomato plants over the weekend and they are looking fabo. Joel was thinking about buying one of those topsy turvy tomato plant hangers but instead, he looked at one his friend bought and then he got stuff from work and made 2 of them with no cost to us. Granted they are not that expensive but he is so industrious that he made his own and the 2 tomatoes we have planted in them seem to be just fine. I'll let you guys know towards harvest season how they are doing. lol.

I hope you are all doing wonderfully well and having a great op, exercise filled, water drinking day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #34  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody. Just wanted to check in before bed and catch up a bit on reading your posts. I worked half a day, then went to nutritionist, then did a hard one hour pool workout so was ready to eat dinner and crash with a book for a bit. But wanted to let all of you know you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight
Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Debbi, thanks for the pm, so sorry that the tv series is so CRAZY, what are the programme makers thinking? Do they want to shock, scare & sensationalise menal illness???? How irresponsible! I never knew your hubby suffered, is he ok with whatever meds he takes? Hope that's not too personal, if it is ignore it & accept my apologies. I'm sure there are people without responsible families who could react adversely to this programme, they are leaving themselves open to legal action.xxxxxxx
Well my leg/hip is a little better but I still struggle to get dressed, I can twist but not bend & have great difficulty moving my backside in bed to get comfy. as for showering, putting socks on & 'toilet' stuff, I have to grit my teeth & put up with the pain. Is anyone else scared to go see their Dr coz they are sure whatever is wrong wil;l be blamed on their weight? If I'm no better tomorrow I will have to go. Sorry for the moaning.xxxx
Annie, WTG, I bet for a second you were worried about Alzheimer's! I hope your family made a HUGE fuss over you & said how proud they are of you.xxxxxx
Gotta go & do some housework, I can dust & hoover so I'd better get on...
xxxxxsharon
Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Annie - I wish I could garden! I do love this time of year when the markets start overflowing with awesome, earthly, delights. I'm very excited. Awesome for the weight loss! You are an inspiration to me. I look at you and say to myself that I can do this! *HUGS*

Cyn - I hope you get the care you need. I sent you an PM days ago about a possibility, but I'm glad you got a diagnoses and now can take steps you need to heal.

I'm crampy like crazing this month. Very bad ones, but you know since taking the BC pills it is different. It is more like a stabbing pain, makes you double over, then it sort of fades away. It doesn't last long; it just is different. I'm not depressed, but the fatigue this month was rough. I haven't been exercising again. I could barely get myself to do housework, which I did do. Not sure what I can do for that, but you know this whole thing is trial and error really.

Weight has started to go down. I'm less bloated, but that could be because TOM has started, yesterday. Perhaps I'm starting to release some water or something. I noticed my clothes fitting a bit better...maybe that is a sign of me evening off. Not sure.

I'm going to start juicing again. I am going to juice every day if I can. Perhaps I'll even go on mini juice feasts or maybe a longer one, I don't know yet. I sort of just want to see where I go with it for now. I think juicing is amazing and could really benefit me in so many ways. We'll see how it goes...

I hope everyone is well. *hugs*
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Sharon: Ya, my family made a huge fuss over me. My Stepmom kept telling me that I have lost enough weight and she is sure the rest is extra skin. She said that she can see my collar bones a lot etc. I appreciate it but, I am not finished loosing weight and I don't think that anyone can have that much extra skin to weigh that much. lol. I need to get to my next goal so badly. I am so close to that goal and have been on this one for sooooo long. 3 more pounds and then I can look forward to getting out of the 200's! I am glad that your hip is feeling a bit better. Hugs.

Jacquie: Oh my goodnes honey. You absolutely can lose this weight. I have to tell you that when I first came here I was at 510 pounds I could have been higher at times but, I was so out of control with my eating and I know that If I could do it ANYONE can do it. I know that I had surgery and stuff to help out but, I was on a all liquid diet for 6 months prior to my surgery and I still am amazed that I didn't eat anything for that time period. I loved, loved to eat. Food was my everything. I used it to help control my daily panic attacks and that was often. I used it for being bored, lonely, happy, sad, well, I think you get the picture. That was a major, major accomplishment for me to be in control for once. So, I knw you can do it! I was a person who ate infront of people then when they all went to bed I would get up and eat more. I obssesed about food and what I would eat next.

The only thing that I can tell you is that it stopped being about how I look when I finally was able to grab ahold of this monster. It was about HEALTH! I knew I was going to die next. I had lost 2 brothers in 2 years and knew I was next if I didn't change my life. I got such a bonus along the way. I feel physically sooooo good now. I get to do things I haven't done since I was like 19 years old. I had stopped living for over 23 years and now I am living life again not just alive! Please don't ever, ever give up. Hang in there and keep on trying when you have a little relapse, just pull yourself back on that wagon or, yell, "Hey, I need help". I will do anything I can to help you hon.

Well, can you tell I'm a bit fanatical about changing your life. lol. Sorry if it sounded preachy. I really care about all of you and want so badly for you guys to feel freedom from this monster.

I'm off to have a protein shake and spend my morning time with God. I hope you all have a wonderful water drinking, exercising op day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #38  
Haley wants to run!

dogpal- I would love to have a garden! That must be so nice, but I live in a 4th floor apartment with no balcony and my windows don't get a whole lot of sun....anything I can grow in those conditions? lol

I ordered a Leslie Sansone walk at home dvd because first thing in the morning is when I'm more consistent with exercise but having downstairs neighbors I can't do any of my current dvds cause they all have jumping in them so I'm excited to get the dvd!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Dogpal- that was such a great story about your dad not recognizing you. As other people have said, you definitely are an inspiration!

Haleygirl- I think the walking videos are great, I started them at the beginning of the week and I am thinking about stepping up to the 2 mile walk. Its just such a nice start to the day I think. Its great for me because the weather is getting so wam that going outside is just not a good idea until the evening and for me, that usually doesn't happen.

I finally finished my last essay final last night and officially free from classes until august! I am hoping to use the summer as a great spring board for everything so when I go back in the fall I will already have my set plans and will be less likely to fall off the wagon. I have been debating on going to the university gym now that it is summer because I think there will be less people going and I won't feel as uncomfortable. Plus, if you aren't enrolled in summer classes it is a $25 fee for a summer pass and I am assuming people won't want to pay that. I'd be willing to because I think it would motivate me to go even more since I would be paying for it. They have some really cool group fitness classes that sound like a lot of fun. It is still intimidating though since I am usually the biggest girl in a room when I am on campus. Maybe I need to just get over it and go.

When I hit the 15 pounds lost marker it also put me under 300 pounds and to celebrate I went out to a running store and bought a wonderful pair of walking/running shoes to treat myself and also motivate me to try the C25K. I was nervous about goin in because, well I was still almost 300 lbs going into a running store, but the guy was great and when he asked if I was walking or running and I explained the C25K he had a genuine smile and it wasn't at all awkward like I had imagined it being!Well I'm not up to C25K yet, but the shoes have really made me more motivated to keep moving. I see them sitting there and need a reason to put them on!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #40  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekster View Post
When I hit the 15 pounds lost marker it also put me under 300 pounds and to celebrate I went out to a running store and bought a wonderful pair of walking/running shoes to treat myself and also motivate me to try the C25K. I was nervous about goin in because, well I was still almost 300 lbs going into a running store, but the guy was great and when he asked if I was walking or running and I explained the C25K he had a genuine smile and it wasn't at all awkward like I had imagined it being!Well I'm not up to C25K yet, but the shoes have really made me more motivated to keep moving. I see them sitting there and need a reason to put them on!

Oh don't ever be nervous about stuff like that! I was about 350 lbs when I got mine. I was also about 300 lbs when I joined a gym! Most people are too into their own thing to be looking at you. I think its great that you are getting moving!

What type of diet plan are you following?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #41  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I'm not really doing anything specific. I'm kinda doing my own thing because when I restrict myself it just doesn't work for me, its like setting myself up for failure. I'm sort of following a diabetic diet, with lowering carbs, which I have to do because I'm on Metformin for IR associated with PCOS and if I eat carbs my stomach does not like me. Upped my fruits and veggies dramatically and my main problem is making sure I am actually getting enough calories. A couple weeks ago I hit a complete plateau and realized after analysis that it was because I was only getting around 900 calories I was full everyday, but because it was mostly low cals I didn't realize. But yeah, just basically chosing healthy options, and I might have a cookie, but I will have 1 or 2 rather than the whole bag

Since I started all this I've been using my wii fit and a boxing cardio game for the wii as well as using an elliptical, weights and doing some yoga, but I'm getting bored and I think if I go to a gym I'd get more variety. I've never actually been in one though haha. I'm thinking about going monday when they start up the group fitness classes again and see what happens.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #42  
Haley wants to run!

i just ordered a pedometer, that should help so each day or week i can set a step goal!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #43  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I got my walking in. The weather is finally nice here. I've started putting on big pots of soup again. That really helps for him to have something in the fridge when I don't want to eat right then. Actually kind of tired.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #44  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!!!

Well, I've been super busy and have had a great weekend/week. This weekend DH and I kept our DN and went to visit my brother and his family and my parents came up and brought their RV and stayed at a campground. DN was such a PLEASURE to keep up with and to take care of. I can't believe that her parents have literally zero desire to want to take care of her and to be an active part of her life. Ok, not going to go into that...

This weekend was great, my side of the family all cooks healthy so staying OP was not a scare or issue for me. Plus something I've noticed is that when I have DN and I'm trying to make sure she is eating I tend to eat less b/c I feel full when I am full. Go figure huh! lol It was so nice seeing my parents, brother, and SIL and my beautiful Nephew, he is getting so big, and looks JUST like my brother! LOL

DH and I came back on Monday and we took DN home to her house. Her "parents" (which I like to call them "donor" and "host") was all laid up in the bed when we got there. We had been there for like 5 minutes before the "host" decided to come out to see her, she picked her up gave her a kiss and a hug and set her down then grabbed some clothes from her bag and went back to the bedroom with the "donor." My MIL had to take DN back to see the "donor," then come to find out that they did not give DN any love or attention the rest of the night, they left to drive around get high or whatever they do all day and never once played with her, fed her, changed her diaper, bathed her or anything. And yet they NEED her! HA! she is a pawn to them. er..... sorry.... i get so fired up over this!

Tuesday was my scheduled day off so I had a lovely 4 day weekend. I did laundry and my Bible study then DH and I went to Hobby Lobby for some supplies. We are going to PAINT! I'm so excited. Mine will be something that I feel I should do to represent what God has done in my life. My DH on the other hand wants to splat paint... lol he's so funny!

Yesterday was a normal Wednesday night and today the same ole Thursday. Tomorrow and Saturday should be fun. We're having a Prayer Meeting with the youth tomorrow night and a car wash fundraiser on Saturday. hey DEBI you should come up and support!!!! LOL

I've really been trying to count my calories and stay OP, I have been doing good and was very happy to see when I was on the scale at the dr's office today that I was down another 3 pounds. I'm always leary about it though b/c they do it so fast! I will take it though.

So, the dr's appointment. In February I went to my OB/GYN (1st visit actually) and had my yearly exam. I explained to him that I have PCOS and that DH and I are TTC. He put me on 2,000 mg Metformin daily and also paired it with Clomid. He told me to do that for two months and if I do not conceive then to come back and we will discuss options. So if I had normal cycles that would have been back in April. well, I don't so I'm actually on day 62 right now... He told me today that we've got two options right now, I can either continue with the meds for another couple of months or have a procedure done called ovarian drilling. WHAT??? apparently he will laparoscopicly drill my ovaries about 5 times to decrease male horomones and to increase ovulation. I told him that my husband is a minister and we do not have insurance so I would rather continue with the meds. He told me that he was "comfortable" with me doing that. So PLEASE everyone who does pray please pray that God will bless me and DH with a precious baby within these next two months.

Well it's late, and DH has asked "what are you typing in there!" LOL Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

OH and SHARON--go to a CHIROPRACTOR. sounds like you need an adjustment. I've been where you are and have felt the very same thing and need the help up off the potty and out of the bed. And the chiro really helped out.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:08 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lauren I now understand why you are so concerned about your neice, initially I thought you were letting your desire for a child cloud your judgement a bit, SORRY!!!! I hope your MIL ciontinues to care for her but it sounds like they need a reality check, like living on their own! Though of course your DN would suffer, it must be so hard for you. I hope things 'work' in the 'baby department' for you, if it doesn't coninuing to lose weight will help & I'm sure you can try the meds again, even if you have to save up for them, fingers crossed it works this time for you. I'm off to see the nurse (nicer & more understanding than the Dr.) today, I think it's from being pregnant, SPD, though its the rear of my pelvis that hurts. I researched it on the 'net. xxxxxxxxx
Annie where are the pics of you & your family???lol xxxxxx
Debbie, hope hubby is doing well.xxxxxxxx
Valerie WHERE ARE YOU????xxxxx
I'm doing ok but wish I could exercise, hope the visit to the nurse today helps & she can advse on exercise. I had SPD whilst pregnant & every TOM or mid-cycle I get 'loose' around my knees & hips/pelvis, I read up on it on the 'net & there is help to strengthen my muscles to 'hold' everything stable. I SHOULD be referred to a physio, chiropracter (sp??) or something, fingers crossed!
xxxxxxsharon
Closed Thread