Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1210

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Hey everyone -- Just wanted you all to see the announcement at the top of all forum pages. This site will be down much of tomorrow as we switch servers!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm finally back to posting our modemn died on us. Took forever to get a new one shipped to us. I have sucked at trying to lose weight and am jumping back on this morning. I'm sticking with my low carb eating I seem to do better. I had breakfast cheese cake for breakfast oh sooooo good. I need to get a move on stuff today. Got schooling and such with the boys to do. And then cleaning and of course excersing.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Morning people. Quick post as I'm going to be WITHOUT POWER today. God...I swear. Every single day it is something around where I live. So, now I'm gonna miss my aerobics workout again. *sighs* So, I'm going to spend the day doing housework as I can't do any work work as my computer will be down.

I did manage a shower in...just waiting for the power to go any moment.

I hope you all are well! *HUGS*
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

I had a great mothers day. We went to my sisters. Everyone went swimming cause it was 103 here!! I could not swim because of my STAPH, but thats ok. This will be my last week for the early shift. It is not relaly working for me or my friend. So we are going to go back to 9 to 530 and carpool. Not sure if we are going to carpool everyday or not. She is in the process of finding a new house .

Drink your water today all!!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday everyone!!
The sun is shining here in KY. I plan on spending some time in it today while its here.
I lost 1.2lbs this week.
hugs to all
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #7  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. It's cool, but sunny here today. I did my morning walk on my own this morning (probably a first for me). My mother wasn't up to it (probably did too much yesterday) and the other option, my neighbour, has a class on Mondays. I found out that my natural walk/jog pace on my own actually got me home at the same time as I would have with the neighbour (although she walks too fast for my taste).

Not sure what I'm up to today. I'll figure it out after breakfast. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday everyone! My no-carb modified fast to test for food allergies seems to be working very well ~ after a 3-month stall I lost about 4 lbs last week, yay. I don't expect that to continue but a steady 1-2 lbs a week would be fabulous at this point.

Hope you all had a great weekend and a good week so far.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #9  

Greetings sweet Peeps!

GGG, hugs to you and your doggie. That weekend was rough. Now you had another?

Annie, you go girl on that trampoline! I used to jump on one as a kid and loved it to death. Perhaps I should look into a small exercise one?

Zelma, healing vibes are still being sent to you and your brother and family.

I had a 5 day bout of a sore throat and low grade fever. Ticked me off because I just got over intestinal grumbles not but 10 days earlier. Yes, I've been good about taking my vitamins! hehe. I knew that would be your first question. I think stress and allergies are making my immune system drop.

My older sister got drunk at my family's Mother's Day dinner. I wasn't there (I live 5 hrs away) yet I heard about it in minute detail. Never a dull moment. Her 20 yr old son is getting very angry at the whole thing. I worry she is going to get into an accident drinking and driving (I have no idea why my family let her leave after dinner either). Alas! Prayers for my knucklehead sister would be appreciated!

I did get the yard mowed, the hedges trimmed (dang that stickily old holly bush) and the weeds poisoned. The dogs had a great time chasing the ball while I was outside (mow 10 ft, stop, pick up ball, throw... repeat).

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

It is a rainy day but not too cold. I had my ortho check up at 7 a.m. and it is almost 10 a.m. now and I have tons of banana bread baking. It is our turn to take snacks to bible study on Wednesday. I am baking banana bread with nuts and coco chips and butterscotch chips. I will be taking veggies and dip and spinich dip and sour dough, Hubby requested them. The bread smells really good baking but I am determined to "Just say no". I am feeling a bit under the weather today. Nothing I can put my finger on just icky and sore ears hurting.

Carol: It was a weird eating weekend here too. I never hardly ever eat bread but yesterday I ate about 3 pieces of garlic bread??? I Hope that we both do better from here on out.

Ally: Welcome back.

Jacquie: I hope your power isn't out too long.

Cyn: Wow, 103 sounds soooo nice and warm. lol.

Debi: Woo hoo on another -1.2 pounds. Way to go. Enjoy the sunshine. I did yesterday.

Anne: Great job walking alone. I don't often walk because I don't like doing it alone.

DC: Woo hoo on another -4 way to kick that stall in the bootie.

Rat: Sorry about your sister. I will be praying for her. Great job on all that yard work.

Well, I think I am going to try to take a nap now. The sister in law that is moving in with us in July will be coming this Friday for about a week so I have a few chores to do. Not many actually as my house is usually pretty clean. Joel is looking forward to seeing her again. I am too.

Blesings all,
Annie
Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #11  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Well, in the constant battle for motivation, my mother in law, bless her, gave me some great stuff to work with. She has apparently given up trying to convince my husband that I'm going to divorce him, since it is quite clear that if I was going to leave, I'd have done so long ago. She has now changed tactics, and is telling him that he should leave me because, "Catherine is crippled and holding you back. It is dynamite. Leave her behind. You are young." Or, "You should not always walk with Catherine. She will handicap you, for God's sake." Those were just the ones he was willing to show me. I cut out those parts of her letters, and posted them right next to me. I have all the incentive I need now.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: So sorry. Please consider the source but, use it girl. Hugs.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #13  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday to everyone! I'm back from my quick trip to San Diego and a crazy weekend. My diet has been all but destroyed in the last week with going on vacation, coming home for DH's birthday and Mother's Day yesterday, but back on plan today!

Had a great time in San Diego and would go back any time. It is a really nice city and the weather was fabulous. Next time I want to go to the wild animal park - we did the zoo this time and it was a lot of fun!!

Hope everyone has a great week. I'm ready to be back on track and continue my way down on the scale!

~Jenny
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi chickies,
Got done painting my Mom's livingroom/dining room. It was our Mother's Day gift to her. Not as young as I used to be....LOL... The brain kept telling me I could do it but the body was screaming noooooooooo! Anyhow it's done and looks so pretty.

Food sucks at the moment. I'm a foodaholic for sure. Just can't seem to get it under control. Still walking my steps though but need to get more in.

That's about it for me.

Catherine, wow! what a nice mother in law. So glad that Himself doesn't listen to her. If she would only sit down and really get to know you, she would be sorry she ever tried to come between you and hubby.

toodles!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Well, my power was out for 7 and a half hours... *rubs temples* Listening to the guys outside doing whatever they were doing was...amazingly frustrating. I loved it when they stood around and talked for half an hour. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...i was cursing them out in my head, but I'm polite and waited patiently.

I cleaned though, did housework, and just occupied myself.

Going to make up exercise time tomorrow hopefully, but it is a Yoga/strength day. I'm excited...I miss YOGA!

Hope everyone is well! *HUGS*
Closed Thread