Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! I'm sooo glad the weekend is over LOL. I think that's the first time I've ever said that, but the dieting pressure was crazy... I made it though! A few missteps here and there, but we're not always perfect right? I still ate WAYYY better then I used to, so that's something. I just want the weight to hurry up and come off, but that's just me being impatient like usual I hope all of you are having a good Monday and I'm not going to know what to do tomorrow without 3FC while it's down...boo!

PS- What is breakfast cheesecake, it sounds yummy!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Sharon - I posted the full view pic on the pic page. Thanks for the lovely comments.

Today was a much better OP day for me - many things lead me to the issues I had over the weekend - 6.5 pounds in 2.5 days. The biggest single thing I believe is disruption of my routine - oh how I love my routine. It seems such a simple thing - to be more spontaneous and not let changes stop me in my tracks. I'm working on it.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone.

YAY my power is on...god I hope it stays on! lol...

Later I'm going to do Yoga for the first time in ages and a strength workout as well. I'm also doing an experiment. Going to do only raw, uncooked, foods and see if this weight gets moving!!!! GRRRRRRR! I'm like the Hulk today...GRRRRRRRRRR! Maybe this little tiff I'm having with my body is going to jumpstart me into completely raw, which is what i want. I know I have all these friggin' intolerance to food, allergies, and well food directly affects my skin conditions. So, BLECH! lol... I gotta learn how to EAT and eat well and keep it up! I'm actually a bit pumped up today...I did get some sleep, didn't get up early. I think on my off days I'm going to get up a bit later to catch up on some sleep. It was nice sleeping in as the last three days I got up like at the crack of dawn for a morning walk.

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 05-12-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning gals!

jacquie:glad your power is back on! That wouls so suck!

carol: Love the new avitar!!!

Catherine: sorry about the MIL troubles!

As for me: Hubby and kids and I wateched a movie last night that we rented from Netflix! Lakeview terrace..the one where samuel L jackson is a crooked cop! It was good but those movies tend to make me a little mad lol. My oldest is going to put in applications today. I hope someone hires him. he is very frustrated.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #20  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

A quickie post this morning after my walk, before my breakfast. It's sunny but cold this morning. I keep waiting for summer, but it seems so far away.

Annie - I agree, I don't like walking alone. However, I did do it a bit last fall in the city I go to school in. So, I suppose it's time to do it close to where I live.

Catherine - boo hiss on the MIL. Sadly, there's probably little you can do about it by this point.

Jacquie - I'd probably go nuts without power, glad it's back on though.

Carol - love the new avatar, and I saw the pictures too. Looks like you were having a good time!

To everyone else

That's me for now, breakfast time, and then who knows....
Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #21  

Anne - Drove me nuts! lol...The power thing really ticked me off as our landlord gave us like no notice, but I suppose it is better than what they usually do. They just shut it off without any notice including our water. I actually lost work on the computer when they did that! When we complained there were like "uhhhhh...yeah...okay." *KICKS THEM* At least I cleaned a bit. Hehe....You know you inspired me to try to jog a little. It is hard to pick up my legs...I never knew it would be that hard. I only did a little and got worn out ,but still I'll keep trying!

OOOOOOOO Today I LOVED exercise. I did my Yoga, really exciting until the lady on the TV told me to bend like that and stick and hold my leg out. I went "OMG NO!" lol..so I was done. But I got further than I ever did. I also did my core and weight training and my arms, legs, and abs are really feeling it. I got farther than I did, but I was worn out. Sweating, making funny noises like *UH...NOOOOO...OHHHHHH* and shaking. Had to stop, but I'll make it my goal to get all the way through the entire workout, including the core training!

*HUGS*
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #22  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

My MIL really doesn't bother me. I think she bothers himself more. I think the best way to pay her back for her kindness is to lose weight. Living well is always the best revenge.

I've had about 5 days in a row of OP. The best part is that it has been easy. That's always scary. I've got more energy, less pain, and generally feel much better. I just wish I could remember that all the time. Usually when things are going good, that's when something comes up.

Tonight we are going out to eat with friends, and they've picked Tony Roma's. I don't have my own car, so have less say in the place we pick. She is an overweight type 2 diabetic, so you'd think she'd pick someplace different. I looked up the menu on line to prepare myself, and no nutritional info at all. Big shock. I guess it's one of those places that if you have to ask, you shouldn't eat there. Hopefully there will be some grilled fish. It's on the menu, but up here, it can be hard to actually find it in the kitchen.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #23  

Good morning peeps.

Today I struggled to get out of bed. This routine is hard to get into for me and I've made slight changes, like doing Yoga and Strength on the off days. So, yesterday I pumped and pumped and felt the soreness today! Groaning I got out of bed and went for my morning walk! I feel great about it...I keep ignoring that little evil voice "Why not sleep in? Why not just go home now? You don't need another lap?" SHUT UP! lol

I feel kind of like a late bloomer. Everyone else seems to be in this routine, doing their thing and I'm like just now getting it lol. :P

I hope everyone is well...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #24  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

WTG CATHERINE - pay her back! Thinner and healthier is the best revenge.

ANNIE, i LOVE your avatar! You are so awesome!!

I am SO glad to see so many familiar folks - RATKITTEN, CYN, ANNE & everyone else!!! I tried to post yesterday, but logged on just before the site shut down. But I'm back - with a serious reduction in excuses.

When I last posted I had started the new job, but thru Jan-Feb I was working 80+ hours a week. You have NO idea how exciting year end processing can be with new staff, a new computer system, and just a couple of chain reaction program glitches. Yikes. But all is well now, work has settled down, my slightly broken ankle is 98% better, I'm riding Gabriel out thru the woods and life is good. It' would be a heck of a lot better at 100 pounds less tho!

So there it is. I gained a bunch of weight back, although not all of it. I've topped out this time at 305 and have backed it off to 302 so far. I'm looking for some kind of program that I can afford, fit into my schedule, and will help me stay on track. I have a friend that wants to walk at 5:30 in the a.m.... but that's just not happening. I'm tempted to join a that I looked at before and liked, and I have to drive past it on the way to/from work, but I don't want another contract. I paid for over a year @ Curves and got there, like 3-4 times. They're never open when I could go.

Anyway, I'm back. Again. This week is my 49th birthday, and I just can't imagine continuing this slide and being like this or worse when I hit the big FIVE-OH. Everything is starting to ache, and even taking my blouse off over my head last night was a challenge. Seriously, should THAT be a CHALLENGE? But it is. So what did I do? I sat and cried watching BL finale... while eating ice cream.

I am a seriously conflicted person sometimes. I have to fix that, or at least learn how to deal with it. Maybe I'll start going to TOPS tonight...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Val - Hi and welcome back.

I have been entering my food into spark people and i like it!! Took some getting use to though!
Today is super windy here even though the sun is shining. We have storms heading at us for this evening and night.
You know the scales are going to be nice when you wake up with your rings turned upside down on your finger. I think drinking extra yesterday really paid off!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #26  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Life is good. I got another couple of wheelbarrows full of medium-sized wood, cut some of it up (will do the rest later) and had my lunch on the patio. And yes, my wireless works on the patio! I have the umbrella up enough to cover the laptop, but I'm enjoying the sun. It would still be nice to have a summer job, and not be as broke as I am, but still....

Today's favourite iPod tunes:

Love Shack - B52's
Jaded - Aerosmith
50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
B*tch - Meredith Brooks
Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn
Come Sail Away - Styx
Heartache Tonight - Eagles
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

(I know, it's on shuffle, and I really need to load some new stuff.)

Now off to do a few things before having a swim with my mother. Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Last edited by RealCdn; 05-13-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi gals...

Val: Glad to see ya again!!! I agree with you about the contracts. That is one reason that i joined the YMCA no contract. BUT it was expensive and was a ways from my house.

Catherine: You go girl!!!!

jacquie: I have always wanted to try yoga. I did once..it wasnt pretty lol

As for me: Today at work was national :something" day..lol..so we were given a free lunch. It was really tasty! I had leomonade with it instead of pop. This will be my last week I think for this early schedule. Our boss is suppose to let us know when we can go back to the 9-530 schedule.

I had an interesting conversation with one of our supervisors. I guess she thought I was still going to school. Then she asked if I was happy with my salary...I am not. I am basically $2 away from being at the top of my pay scale. Although we "survive" on it, I am troubled that is as high as I can go with it. In order for me to advance to anything I'd ahve to go back to school. Either in the medical field, or get a general AA degree to become a manager. She said my name was brought up in a meeting because some bosses thought I was still in school and they wanted to know when Id be done so that they could keep me in mind for manager positions. I dont see myself as a manager. BUT I am considering going back to school. So will keep that in the back of my mind for now. I did enjoy school when I was going.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #28  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Cyn-Isn't it nice to know that people value your work?

Got my walking in today. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting my sea legs back. It was hard last night sitting there eating grilled fish and steamed veggies while everyone else was having all you can eat ribs. I made it okay. I surprised myself. At least I'm not waking up today with a food hang over.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Val, good to see you again! Welcome back!!

Anne, I LOVE so many of those songs. It takes me back to the good ol days!

Cyn, that's great that they are looking at you and considering you for a manager even though you don't want the position. They're seeing that you have potential. That's great news!!

Catherine, that's willpower girl!!!

My son and dil have decided to move to California. They found a rental, and have put in for transfers but don't have the money to do it now. I don't really think they thought things thru and how much it would actually cost to make such a big move from Washington to California. My son was here trying to borrow money off of my parents, but they're on a fixed income and couldn't do it. Plus, they still owe my parents money from a couple of years ago they never paid back ,so they done burnt that bridge. We can't afford to give them money, so I don't know what they're going to do. I hope they end up staying here but they seem determined.

I just wanted to let you ladies know that I'm doing a fundraiser for the USO thru Avon since it's Armed Forces Day this Saturday 16th. If you would like to help out the troops, PM me and I'll tell you how you can send a "USO2GO" kit to our troops overseas. (Hope this is ok Heather)

I'm still struggling. Seems I can do exercise, or I can do the food well, but I can't do them both together. How do you keep your hunger down when you exercise and build up that appetite??
Well, that's it for me. Have a great evening!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #30  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post
I'm still struggling. Seems I can do exercise, or I can do the food well, but I can't do them both together. How do you keep your hunger down when you exercise and build up that appetite??
ME TOO!
Closed Thread