Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

Getting ready to go and babysit my granddaughter. I can hardly wait! I think i am going to stop on the way and get a haircut. I have been letting my hair grow for over a year with just a few shape ups along the way.Ithink I will see if they can give me a style without taking much length off. Mind you its not really long but for me its long..down to my shoulders. I use to keep it reallly short.
Has anyone noticed after not exercising that they are flabbier..I noticed today how flabby and saggy my tummy is,even though i am at my lowest weight. Time to get that tightened back up before the wedding..plus thank God for spanxs!!
Hubby wants me to get a new pair of jeans my 18s are really getting baggy.I was planning to just keep wearing them until i get down to 14s but he said NO WAY!! So I guess tommorow I will go and try to find a new pair of jeans.
cyn_ wanna come do some sewing for me??

angie_ your right about all this with my brother reminds us why we need to get the weight off. It shows that WLS is no quick easy process. He now has a feeding tube in his stomach.He wasnt going to have that before they had to go back in.

hugs and drink your water!!

Last edited by dgramie; 12-21-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies. Hope everyone has been having a good day so far. I have done well with my exercise, but not with my food. didnt over do, i underdid lol.. wasnt hungry this morning, so i just had a slim fast. still wasnt hungry at lunch so i had some orange juice. im having chicken and brown rice for dinner with brocolli, cauliflower, and cabbage, but if not for my creamer in my coffee i would be well under 1000 cals for the day with all the cals i burned off. oh well, it'll even out tomoz im sure. daily plate says i have 1002 net cals for the day (with dinner included) and 1500 gross cals.

I'm supposed to hear about the job either tomoz or tues, so here's hopin. I am getting so bored not working.

well, gonna get off here and see if i cant work up the energy to clean my bedroom lol.. will check in tomoz. have a great day and stay OP
Old 12-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #93  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hellooo ladies.

It's very grey and dull here today. It's been raining on and off all day. I went to the shop today and bought myself some chocolate. Naughty me! I shall be having a chicken stew later so that should minimal the damage.

brandnewme
Nice to 'meet' you too. It's so lovely to know that my mum has been an inspiration to many on this website. She's my inspiration too and I hope she's going to support me in my weight loss journey. I don't think I'm beautiful, but thanks for saying I am, as many people have said.

Purpleorc
I know it's ok to rant but I don't like being such a downer on people because I am usually cheery. A lot of people know me for being shy but cheerful so they get a shock sometimes when I am moody or cursing. Are you an emotional eater then? I am, and I often turn to food for comfort. I eat when I am bored, upset or stressed. I am always bored and stressed because of school, so that's not good!

Yes, my father likes to work and keep himself busy. He hated staying at home doing nothing and not earning money.

That always happen to me! In school, I have a support worker with me to use sign language and take notes. If someone wanted to know something, they would ask my support worker and not me. They should know that even if I didn't understand them, I could still ask the support worked what they said, and I will tell them what they want to know.

Take care all.
Beth
xx
Old 12-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

BLC - thank you noticing I had the wrong date for beginning weights. Yes, it is actually January 2nd!!

Beth, thanks for pointing out my mistake on the date. I probably confused alot of people with that one. It's actually January 2nd, so you are more than welcome to join if you want to. I think it will be a great boost in motivation for us all. Talk your mom into it too!!! ( I changed it on my other post)

brandnewme, I'm so glad you're going to join us on the BLC!! We're getting quite a good group!! The reason I'm doing this is to help others as much as myself. I need a BIG HUGE kick start!!!
Love the new avatar!!

Cyn, yep, you're right, it's the 2nd of January. I cracked up when you said you extended your middle finger in holiday cheer. Good for you!!! People are so rude at this time of year. I think the true meaning of Christmas is totally gone.
Have fun with the slumber party lady!!

Jacquie, have fun out there with all the crazy people!!! You'll be getting plenty of exercise just dodging people out there in the stores. Good luck to ya!!

Americaninuk, yes, the BLC ends in March. I think you're one brave chickie for posting your pics too. Sometimes that's what it takes to make us realize what kinda shape we're in. I feel like making a lifesize one of my starting weight and have it sitting everywhere just staring at me to remind me of how I felt and looked back then. That would be a shocker!!

Carol, I can't believe you didn't take before pics!!!! You must have one of you somewhere. That's really a shame because you've come such a long way. Yep, you can just weigh and that's it if that's all you want to do. I don't want it to be alot of rules and freebies and all that stuff like the other one, although don't get me wrong, that one is great!! But I just wanted it simple and fun but still see people have good results.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with water and food. You'll get back into the groove of things once the holidays are over. It seems this time of year with the stress and extra foods around, it's really hard. I know you'll get back to your healthy way in no time.
Tell Johnny I'm thinking of her and hope she heals quickly!

Purple, yes indeedy, you can join too!! I've signed you up for the BLC!!

Debi, have fun with the baby!! I love the smell of the little ones! Continuing prayers for your brother. With all of us praying there's no doubt in my mind he's going to be just fine.

My parents have heat again!!! They looked at the breakers and found that one of them was off, so they switched it back on and now it's warming up!!! They didn't find that out though til this morning so they spend a cold night over there. They're still STUBBORN!! LOL. It's snowing again but not quite as bad as it had been. We didn't get the winds they talked about either. I think it hit down south of us more than here.
Gotta go get some laundry done. Have a great Sunday!!
Debbie
Old 12-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #95  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

It is snowing again here in Montana, I have warm/hot coffee and a dog to warm me up, then it's time for the kitchen to get cleaned. I hate that job, it is never done and it never stays clean for more than 5 minutes. Come to think of it, that is why I hate housework. It is a never ending chore.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #96  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Debbie
Haha, no worries. I might will be a little late telling you my start weight because I am going to stay at my father's during the holidays and I will be back home on the 2nd of January. So I will weigh myself in the afternoon or something, is that ok?

Beth
xx
Old 12-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #97  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, I hate snow. We had a ton of it the other day, a little overnight, and more on the way. I'm also finding myself very unmotivated as well. I pushed off my morning workout to the afternoon, because I didn't even get out of bed until 10am.

Brandnewme -
I'm off school until Jan 12th, which was 4 weeks, but now closer to 3 weeks now. I think after being so busy for so long I just feel like doing nothing, which really isn't an option.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good afternoon all,

I fell like I have been asleep since Friday night. lol. The Dr. said my back is definately in need of some rest and pain meds. She gave me some muscle relaxers and pain meds and some litocain patches for localized pain.

Friday night we went to some friend's houses for dinner, they served pizza. I ate the top off of one piece and then I had brought a protein bar to eat while they were eating the dip and beer bread I made and cookies etc. I made. It made me happy to "be good" eating. Saturday we saw in the local paper that most roofs are able to stand up to about 3 feet of snow before they cave in. Last year there were many roofs that caved in around here from the heavy snow load so, Dh climbed up on the roof and I stood on the ladder, stupid thing to do but I was overjoyed that I could climb the ladder, he would push the snow to me and I would scoop it off the roof. We did this for over 2 hours and I nearly froze. Not to mention my back was killing me so yesterday afternoon I took a hot bath and took some pain meds and slept and slept like a bear. My weight is up 5 pounds today and I am assuming it is water weight because I didn't eat much of anything.lol.

Mimi: Hugs. I am so glad that you checked in. I'm so sorry that you got a result of inconclusive. I will continue to pray and I am thinking about you. Hang in there sweetie.

Angie: Sorry that your boss was a brat and didn't support you. That stinks. I understand jealousy even if it is a little bit. I really do. No worries. I eat cottage cheese almost daily. I do love it but it is such a great source of protein for me. I start out my day at 3:30 with a protein shake of EAS powder. Occasionaly I put in a small slice of banana. I make myself drink 32 oz. of water/decaf tea before I eat anything else. I really sip, sip, sip at work and usually I am finished drinking that before I get home from work. When I get home from work, I ride my bike or do the gazelle thing first thing before I do anything else. I exercise about an hour then I am ready for something to eat. Lots of days I cook skinless, boneless chicken breast while I am working out. I put it on low and add spices but I cook it from frozen while I'm working out. Lots of days I eat this with salad and a table spoon or so of cottage cheese. I will slice up about an oz or 2 of that on top of the salad. Occasionally I eat a tiny bit of chedder cheese sliced into cubes on top of that salad. After I eat that and wait about an hour I start drinking my 2nd 32 oz. water/tea mixture. In the afternoon I will usually drink some sugar free hot cocoa if it is cold. I take a protein bar, costco brand, and slice it into about 4-5 slices and I will eat a slice with my cocoa. Kind of suck on it like a treat. For dinner I will eat some chicken or, cottage cheese. Some days I eat soup. It just depends. I know this isn't terribly helpful but it is honest. I say that mainly what I eat is protein. That is my biggest thing to try to eat. I hope that helps you sweet friend.

Toni: Wooooooo hoooo. I am so happy for you on getting to the 100 pounds gone forever! You are rockin it. I will go peak at your pics soon. Hugs.

Catherine: congrats on all the book/writing activity going on in your life. That is something I would very much desire to do for myself. I have a wonderful scrapbook/journal that I have been working on and I would love to get it published. I'm kind of chicken. lol. I envy you. and you are doing so wonderful.

Cyn: Glad that you did all your shopping. Sorry you ran into someone so nasty.

Jacquie: Sorry that you are a bit depressed. Hang in there hun. Hugs.

Beth: I think that Caliegh should be the one to go down to the sofa. If you both have to sleep in that room then whomever is the one not sleepy should be the one to be nice enough to leave the room so the other one could sleep. Hugs.

Tracey: Welcome back hon. I'm so happy to see you. Don't you worry about gaining weight. It is just a starting place. Hugs.

Debi: I got all teared up when I read about your brother. What a blessings that was to me. I will continue to pray for God's healing on him. Hugs and have fun with your new baby! Congrats on being at 224 too!!!!

Americaninuk: I will go see the pics as soon as I can. I am actually getting to the end of my "sitting in a chair" mode right now so it may have to be later. Thanks for posting them though.

Debbie: Snow, snow and more snow. We got 37.5 inches the other day and guess what. It is snowing again right now with nothing but snow forecast in the next week. lol. Glad that your parent's heat is working again. Stay safe and warm. Thanks again for doing the BLC. I am looking forward to it.

Brandnewme: It makes me smile everytime I see your beautiful avatar that you posted. Hugs sweetie.

Carol: Thank you for the update on Johnnie. I will keep her in my prayers also. Poor thing. Sounds soooo painful. Hugs to you.

Purple: sorry that you didn't get to go to your friend's for dinner but thankfully they thought better than to have you over there where you could catch something.

Well guys, my back is giving me fits so I need to go sit in another chair now besides this desk one. Hugs to you all and stay safe.

Blessings to you,
Annie
Old 12-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Purple - I made the muffins with blackberries today - I'm excited to have them for breakfast in the morning. Thank you for the recipe.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey, just checking in real quick. I need to kick my self and drink some water today. Not getting much in. Army son to be home in about an hour and a half. YEAH!!! We are excited! Weather here is freezing. The windchills feel like they are going right through the house! I wish it would stop blowing. They say sometime tomorrow! UGH! Well, better keep moving. All, have a great week! Penny
Old 12-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Beth, that's fine. Have a great time at your dad's. I'm sure your Mom is going to miss you alot though!!

Annie, sounds like you really worked out alot just by moving all that snow around. Now you're paying with the back pain. Take those meds and keep warm and hopefully it will work itself out.

Penny, have fun with your son!! We miss you here.

The eagles (real ones) are out flying around today and they are just beautiful. One flew so close to the house I felt I could reach out and touch him. There were 3 earlier but one keeps hanging around. Nature is truly a blessing.

toodles
Debbie
Old 12-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

OK warning this is a rant!!!

Ok so I skipped out to shop today to get me a new bra or 2. I go to Catherines cause they have my size and the lady there is nice. They have a 30% off sale today. So I am think bonus!

So I go in look at some pants..and a shirt..and i get 4 different bra types. Pants are too big..yeah..shirt to $$$ lol $50 buck with the discount is too much right now..and so i try on the bras...

Now I never try on bras i know what size I wear and always grab and go. This time I thought Id liek a prtty bra..tired of ugly old bras. Sooo I try on all 4 1 fit really great and it was pretty. BUT they dont have my size around. Sooo brilliant me gets bra extenders. The lady tells me they work great.

I go home..get ready to go to my Slumber meeting..get the bra out...and my bra has 4 loops the extender has 3!!!!!so I try it anyhow and it seems to stay put. So I get it on and adjust my b**bs. The cup size is either too big or something. It is bunching up and looks horrbile. So I am thinking its the extenders so I try it out with out the extenders it fits around tight but fits BUT thee cups are still all wrong!!

I HAVE HAD IT!! I sat on my bed...cried my eyes out..and didnt go ot my meeting. Hubby was like honey you know what you have to do...just do it! Someone tell me how do you just fo it! I have wrote out my calendar of goals...but I swear I can't take being this heavy. I can not even buy a bra for petes sake. NOW, people that have not seen me in a while say I look like I have lost soem weight. I dont know if tha is true, but its like things are loosing or dropping or something to where I can not even buy clothes that fit right.

I am sooo sick of being obese! It is preventing me from being who I am or who I want to be. Hubby asked what I wanted for Christmas..I said a treadmill. BUT will I get my butt out to the garage to do it???

Thanks for listening ..you ladies are great!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Cyn....please don't take this the wrong way....but how you just do it is just that. Just do it. Don't think about it, don't ponder it, don't wonder if you want to do it, don't ask yourself if you have energy to do it, don't tell yourself you will do it tomorrow, don't settle. Just do it. Take the instructions you have put on your calendar as something you must to do. You don't go to work for the fun of it, you work so your family can survive. You don't workout for the fun of it, you workout so YOU can survive.

Just do it.

Angie
Old 12-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Brandnewme-Like you, posting my pics was like admitting i have a problem even tho i knew it before hand.. actually seeing myself was like.. whoa lol.

Dogpal- i hope your back is feeling better. i slipped a disc when i was 25 and i know how bad a back can hurt..

Azcyn- im sorry about your bad experience with the 'bra'. i too have had moments when i put something on and just cry.. just turn it around, and use it as more motivation to lose the lbs and by this time next year youll be able to buy and wear even nicer bras.. i can totally empathize with you tho.. its such a sad thing to be overweight.

I hope everyone is having a good day.. i woke up at 3am (no idea why), and have been bright eyed and bushy tailed since.. however it is only 8 30am atm lol. im sure ill be taking a nap at some point today.
i will sure be glad when christmas is over. i spent way too much, and it just makes me sad cause all my family is in the states.. i sure hope we can afford to move back by next christmas. if i get this job im waiting to hear on, we should be able to as we can put all my wages in savings.. we figure since we have been living on one income this long, we might as well continue.
im really looking forward to this BLC. afterward, im going to post new pics and hopefully see a diff lol...
well ladies, i guess i should go exercise instead of continue to sit in front of the pc.. i'll check in later.. have a great day all and stay OP
Old 12-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Stop! Please don't post here anymore. It is a new week so we need a new numbered thread. Come join us at #1190!
Closed Thread