Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ladies -- I'm actually out of town for the weekend and enjoying a lovely weekend with some friends!! Eating too much, but fun!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday! It was a good, busy, tiring day here. Saturday is my one day of the week to sleep in a bit. DH gets up with the boys and then I head to they gym at 10am. I had a great workout with one of my trainers. It was different than any workout I've had up until now. I didn't get on one piece of equipment. It was all dumbells, stability ball and medicine ball. It was fun and some of it felt like we were just playing...but my aching body tells me it was a lot of work.

After that I hung out with the boys, ran errands, cooked dinner, played and now I'm finally relaxing a bit. I'm going to update my ipod with a good workout playlist.

I also started gathering stuff the the garage sale we are having next weekend. Ugh. I absolutely hate doing garage sales, but my neighborhood does one a year and I really want to get some stuff out of the house! I'll try to do little by little each day this week.

Oh - the shoe issue is a bit better again. I took the shoes back I bought last weekend and they swapped them out for a pair of New Balances...now the pain I was having in the soles of my feel it gone. I still have al ittle numbness but I'm realizing I just have to deal with that.

I don't think I reported in my loss yesterday! FOUR more pounds this week bringing my total since 8/1 to 31!!

Terri & Heather...I hope you are having a good time out of town.

Val - Life up your head and stand tall and proud! We are here for you!

I think I will stop rambling for now....catch ya later!
Sweet Dreams...
Barb
Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,

I'm back home. It was a nice visit but always way too short. And I always hate leaving her that far from us. Maybe one day soon she will decide to move back closer to one of us. Food is never good, dietwise, at mom's.

And the scale shows it this morning. I am going to do a shock and awe (stealing that from someone before) this week and get my head back in the right place concerning food. I won't have so much going on this week that will derail exercise either. Or, more to the point, won't be an excuse for me to derail myself.

Anyone get the People magazine? There is a picture of last season's Biggest Loser winner showing how she's maintained her loss. OMG, she looks amazing. She went from 234 to 125 and has stayed at that weight.

Today, we need to run to the grocery store and get a birthday cake for DH's #1 son. Its his birthday. We've never done a cake for him before. But the day after his daughter's wedding, DS fell in his driveway and shattered his elbow. He had to have surgery and has nine pins. DH saw him on Friday (cause we didn't know until Thursday) and is feeling sorry for him. I told DH that instead of a cake, he should be making his favorite food - pumpkin pie. I always make him a pumpkin pie around Thanksgiving.

This afternoon, I'm driving up to go riding with Lorrie. Instead of hauling my horse, I am going to ride her big paint, Chief. He needs exercised plus makes it much easier for me since its an hour drive. She always does a long trail ride and its hard on the inner thigh muscles too.

I wasn't planning on these two trips so its crimping my time for getting caught up on laundry, housecleaning and bills. I'm working on the bills and will have to do the other stuff tomorrow night.

Better get back to the bills.

Barb - on your loss. Truly inspiring and I am so thrilled for you. Good to see that shoe store is working with you and making progress. Check out the Couch to 5K podcast on itunes. I use it for doing interval work on the treadmill and elliptical. Pretty good music and is cued for when to speed up and slow down. I also like Cadence Revolution for building up during a workout along with the music.

Val - That sorta counts as front and center. Yeah, the work stuff worked out and I have returned to being a normal human being again.

to all. Better get at this or else I will not get this done today.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #19  
I'm on my way!

Default BarbPA

OMG did you say BOYS???? I know its been awhile!! Fill me in will ya? I know you adopted your first! I had no idea you have another son! Thats so wonderful! How is Jeff doing?

MichelleK

Last edited by MichelleK; 09-21-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

(((MICHELLE)))
Hey Girl! It's been way too long.

Yep....2 boys! The oldest turned 3 at the end of July and the new "baby" is now 19 months. A lot has happened in the past few years....I'll send you a message! So GOOD to bump into you again!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40!"
Closed Thread