Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Here's the recipe for the (Denise Austin) Apple muffins. I made 4 dozen yesterday (YES4doz!) they are SO good and can be frozen too!

Double-A Applesauce Muffins

Makes 18 muffins

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups whole-grain pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 large egg
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 medium Golden Delicious apples, grated
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup currants

To Make:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray. (Don't use paper liners.) In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, brown sugar, and oil until smooth. Stir in the apples, applesauce, and currants.

Pour the apple mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared cups, filling them nearly to the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until springy to the touch and lightly browned. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

Per muffin: 100 calories, 19 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein, 2 g total fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 3 g dietary fiber, 115 mg sodium

I was amazed at how fast they rose BEFORE they were even in the oven! Be careful though as they are so nice it's hard (at least for me!) to get control of portions!
Just eating a turkey bacon & wholemeal sandwich for 'lunch' I wasn't OP yesterday for the simple reason my tummy was so bad I daren't eat anything til 7pm, but I made do with lots of water. Thankfully I'm ok today, a bit tired but I'm OP, & staying busy. Still no TOM, but keep getting cramps & swollen boobs but then nothing happens, anyone had this happen to them? I feel so weird just stoping like this. Looks like I'm getting to be an 'old lady!!
xxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 09-14-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning peeps - I posted a Biggest Loser weigh-in schedule for anyone who would like to use this forum for WIs like we did last time. It was great for me too see. Hope you will join me.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning all..

CAROL: I didnt participate last time can you explain what we are suppose to do? I would love to have been part of the challenge but I didnt sign up in tmie.

Well I got my kitchen and 1/2 my living room done before I pooped out yesterday. I was scrubing cubbards and pulling out fridge and all so my kitchen is sparkling again. I did the dusting and sweeping in living room..then its like I was exhaused. I swear when I was thin..I could clean and do evrything in one 1/2 a day...now I just get exhausted.

I watched a show on Discovery Health yesterday..It was about a lady Jackie I think her name is..that had the surgey and lost weight. She started out at 627lbs..and I think by the end of the show she was down to 385. It was sooo sad. She was a sweet ladt, seemed that the whole town loved her. I don't know how old the show was, but I hope she is on the road to recovery.

The kids made brownies yesterday..that is a big no no for me. BUT they put frosting on them..which I dont like..and then baked sugar cookies and crumbled them on top...let me tell you...that was the nastiest thing I have evr tried to eat lol.Good thing too!! So needless to say I had one bite, and the rest went in the trash lol

Today I am going to work on my grandmas flower garden quilt and watch a few movies.

Last edited by azcyn; 09-14-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixin typos
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #79  

Cyn - last time we just posted our weights weekly with a little chat. Several of us couldn't keep up with the main BL thread. It was nice for me to see the weekly WIs. Just copy the dates into a new post and edit weekly - hope you join in - no rules - just update with your WI.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #80  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I survived the evening without resorting to "difficulties." The key is to get there so early, that I can lesurely get things organized, and get the steamer full of hot dogs (it holds 150 at a time) and the oven full of burgers (it holds 200 at a time). That way when everyone else starts showing up an hour later, instead of standing around, they go right to work wrapping hot dogs and burgers. If things are ready, no one has to come to the back looking for stuff, it is in the bin waiting for them. They just about ate us out of everything. We ran out of hotdog buns, so I just made more corndogs. We sold over 1000 burgers, 500 hot dogs, 400 smokies, 300 footlongs, 500 corndogs and 22 lawn and leaf bags full of popcorn. Those bags hold enough popcorn to fill 20 of those huge tubs of popcorn. That's $80 worth per bag that costs them $4 to make.

I worked a movie theater during the original run of Star Wars in the 70's, and we never sold that much popcorn even when people were lined around the block. Granted, our theaters didn't hold over 50,000 people. We found out that we sold twice what the rest of the concessions did. When things are cooked and ready, and the bins are full so that the orders can be filled quicker, leads to shorter lines, and people go for the short lines. The key is to know when it's time to put in more burgers or fries. It takes 20-30 minutes to get them ready, so you have to start ahead of when you need them, and I seem to be good at figuring that out. After everything was up and running, they were content to have me sit and direct traffic, and I can wrap things and fill popcorn tubs sitting. They made about $20,000 last night, and our church gets 10% of that, yeah! The lady in charge of the concession for the company asked me real nicely if I could come back for the Halloween game. It will be a Friday night game against one of our rivals, so they're expecting a big turnout. So we'll do that one too I guess. I sure am tired, and my back has decided to sue for separate maintenance.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #81  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hello Chickies

I just caught up on the weeks posts. I havent been around due to over scheduling myself. Bad habit. Kids first full week back to school DS1 broke glasses spend one afternoon at eye doc and lenscrafters...my tooth had a fit so I bullied my dentist to make room in his week for the root canel he cancelled on my the last week of Aug. That was thursday and man I am still feeling it! Then the fool I am I bought 50 lbs of roma tomatoes and spend the last few days juggling canning sauce, roasting and the execution of best friends bridal shower which was last night and went very well. And there was some other family drama that I was able to keep some distance from and stayed on plan except for the shower last night. Have a great day. Gotta finish canning one last pot of sauce.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #82  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I was sitting here reading all the posts and asked my husband for the toenail clippers on the off chance I could do it myself. I have tears running down my cheeks because this is the first time I have been able to clip my own toenails in
ever so long. A strange milestone but one nonetheless!

Last edited by ToniLight; 09-14-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #83  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Whoo hoo for the toes! Great job Toni!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #84  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Toni, I did the same thing the first time I leaned over to tie my shoes. I had been putting my leg up on the bed for years, and almost absent mindedly leaned over, and was on my second shoe before I realized what I was doing. Most people didn't understand why I was screaming that I had tied my shoes. I felt like a kindergartner again.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #85  

Greetings Peeps!

I'm hoooooooooooome! I am sunburnt and sore. BikerMa, her friend Terri and I rode 51.5 miles. There were some killer hills that we weren't really mentally prepared for on both Saturday and Sunday. I had to walk up the last half of the last one on Saturday... it had to be a 15% grade.. geeeesh! It was also way too hot both days and BikerMa got a touch of heat exhaustion at the end of Saturday's ride. She recovered quickly with gatorade, fluids and AC.

On Friday, my left knee started hurting like I twisted it (but I swear, I didn't!). It wasn't happy during the ride and I'm not sure why it was hurting. I think it spasmed one night. My left leg is my good leg! Tylenol to the rescue. Oh, and last night, TOM decided to arrive. Bleh!

This wasn't the best bicycle ride all in all, but it was one of those we shall chalk down to surviving the best way we could and still had fun. Who'd have thunk 3 grown women could laugh so hard in a restaurant about flatulence stories. We still had a good time and it was nice to be near Mom and some positive energy.

Catherine, absolutely wow on how much food you sold!! Preparation is indeed the key. Take care of that back! One of the things that helps me is to have the hot shower pounding on my back and me stretching to touch my toes for 30-60 sec (no bouncing). Doing that once every morning helped my back spasms. I spent $1000's dollars on doctors and chiropractors and it was my dancer friend that told me about that stretch. It cured my back when money and doctors couldn't. Go figure. Let me know if it helps any.

Hugs to all my Peeps here!! Grats on the losses and hugs to those struggling.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Carol: about TBL weigh in..do we weigh everysunday? Like I would weigh in today for this week? I am going to the gym in a few..I will weigh there I dont even own a scale!! LOL I weigh myself there.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #87  

Cyn - I think next Sunday would be your first weight - however it works best for you - the whole date thing is confusing to me too.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

Angie: Congrats on that -7 pounds. You are doing so well.

Carol: Woo hoo on the size 20 pants. That is so wonderful. I will post my weight here with you on this biggest looser thing you posted. Thanks for that.

Toni: Hugs. That is a wonderful NSV!

Debbie: I had the right address but I was able to get on your site today. I have to say WOW! They are soooo beautiful and amazing detail. I love, love them. Good luck hun with the biggest looser challenge and exercise.

Debi: Woop Woop on the 3.2 down. Wow you are at 236.6! I'm soooo happy for you. I am still at the same weight I was yesterday but I'm happy with that as I am expecting TOM any second and I am retaining water like crazy. Good job bouncing every day.

Cyn: Hi

Catherine: I am always so impressed by how much food you sell. Great job.

Penny: Congrats on the wonderful -3.5 pounds! I love to bake and I baked a lemon cake for my DH today so he could have a variety in his lunch. lol.

Julee: Hugs to you hun. Sorry things are so sad right now. Bless you.

Brenda: Hi there.

Sharon: Thanks for the recipe. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Julia; Whew! sounds like you have been very busy.

Rat: Good golly girl. 51.5 miles!!!! You are a biker chick indeed! Glad you are home safe and sound.

Well, I think I am pretty well caught up. I noticed that I have really slacked on my exercise this past week. I think that I am so stressed out that it makes me tired and depressed. I know if I exercise more I will do better with being tired and depression. I think the biggest looser challenge came along for me at the perfect time.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 09-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #89  

Height: 5'7"

Wow what a day!!
I was sitting here this morning posting and the electricity went off. We had horrible winds that lasted for hours. We lost alot of shingles off the roof. We were lucky overall though. Most of our neighbors lost trees and some went thru roofs or cars..
I spent a few hours helping clean up our preachers house. He has a huge tree fall on the house and we pulled and carried limbs as the men cut them up. GOOd exercise!!!
hugs to all
Old 09-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Chickies,
I actually got on the Ab-doer today for about 10 minutes and hand weights for about 5. Woohoo! It's a start ladies. I'm going to try and concentrate more on exercise this time around and hopefully the food part of it will fall into place. You ladies are probably tired of me saying I'm doing this or that, but I won't give up. Just bare with me. I need you ladies!!

Penny, How's the water in the basement? I hope it's let up some so you can get some sleep. Congrats on the 3.5 lbs gone!!
Yes, I made the enchiladas. I made a panful for the kids and one for my parents since my mom is not feeling well again. The night turned out really nice. We played some games and then dil had to go to sleep since she had to get up and go to work early in the morning.

Debi, so glad you got to spend some time with your newly engaged daughter!! Those winds can be so dangerous. Glad nothing happened to your house and bless you for going to help others.

Carol, stay dry. We're suppose to get some rain on Thursday. The leaves are starting to turn on the trees already. It's going to be an early fall. Yep, I don't see what lying gets for these people. We're not going to say anything. Sooner or later it will catch up with them. It's so sad when it destroys relationships though.

Julee, so sorry to hear about the losses of loved ones. It's so hard. That train wreck was just awful. Take care and give hugs to those that are close to you.

Sharon, the muffins sound delish!! Sorry to hear your going thru a rough time with TOM missing but still getting some of the symptoms. Take care and feel better.

Cyn, have fun on the quilt. Take pics and post them when you get done. Love seeing what other crafters do! Yep, I remember the day when I weighed less and was younger and cleaned my whole house in a day. Those were the days.

Catherine, sounds like you've got the routine for the booth down to a science. That's alot of food your church sold!!! So you didn't have to wallop anyone with a frozen hot dog huh?

Julia, wow~! You've been busy!!! Hope you're getting to rest up some today.

Toni, the littlest things can mean so much. Congrats on getting to those toenails!!

Ratkity, I'm still in awe of your mom. She's one lively lady. That was one heck of a ride you went on but sounds like so much fun just to get out there and ride. The flatulence stories, I can only imagine.

Annie, thanks so much. I'm glad you liked them. I agree, I think the BL challenge came around at the right time for alot of us. Good luck to you!!

Well, I think that catches me up. I'm off to finish my Christmas moose!!
Debbie
Closed Thread