Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

*HUGS* Skin issues can be such a pain. I hope you get the help you need. As for the diet, I think all the suggestions are spot on. It might be a good idea to try to consult with a nutrition...perhaps your doctor can set you up with someone? That might be helpful for you so you can make sure you are getting enough nutrients.

*HUGS HUGS HUGS*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #17  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I can second what KLK said about devoting a day or evening to looking at the different eating plans. Before embarking on my journey I did this plus read vigorously anything I could to to with weight loss.

As others have said soups are an excellent way to fill up with very little calories. There are many various soups to make and try to vary your "diet" a little.

Eat more white meat (poultry) and fish. Cut back on red meat and cut out the junk foods. Look at recipes you make at the minute are there any that you can tweak to make them healthier such as exchanging ground beef for ground turkey. I have also reduced the amount of meat I use in a dish and put in pulses such as lentils, butter beans and red kidney beans to add more fibre to my diet. Fibre fills you up for longer so look at things like breakfast cereal with high fibre. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetable which are low in calories.

Good luck as you embark on your weigh loss journey. You can do with with the help and support of 3fc. I hope your skin condition clears up soon. Skin infections are painful and I understand what it is like.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote