Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #76  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

The UPS man survived, although there were kisses involved. So I've been signing and packaging up books all evening. We're trying to keep costs down to maximize the proceeds for our charity, so we've had everyone giving us used mailers. It was a little strange seeing the places that some of my friends from church have received packages from. They'll go on the shelf at a couple of local places tomorrow, so we'll see. All you chickies who've ordered one, or more, can start watching your mailboxes. If you don't like it, just remember, I'm delicate.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #77  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Vicki-Good Job for you to discover what is the issue and change things in your diet to fix it! That is a HUGE NSV in my book! I had the same issues when I first started (WOW! I can say that NOW!! I’ve officially been on my new path for 4mths next week!) It took me awhile to discover my major issue was portion control and not necessarily everything I ate. Go you with 2 slim jims & string cheese! Ummm for me I have to have more filling breakfast....I usually stick to oatmeal or Go Crunch Cereal.........kills two birds with one stone......increased fiber as well as good cals for longer fueling...LOL

Wow! Heather! That is an awesome idea about the gift to eachother for christmas....maybe I will convince my kids to pitch in for DH & my anny in Oct LOL!!!!
I need to use the DDR more that I convince DH to buy a couple of years ago for me....I have played it but not consistantly.

Rat-Good for you on the rollerblading....my kids tell me it is easier than skating.....I tried when I was younger to skate........fell toooooo many times on my rump....I have padding but I don’t think there is enough EVER for those kind of falls! LOL I have never attempted rollerblading.

YEAHHHH Catherine!!!!! I know you are just tickled pink that they are finally in!!! Can’t wait to start reading!!! Im so glad summer is coming and I will be able to read it without too many interruptions! I usually get into a book and can’t put it down anyhow!!! LOL but while I’m working its hard to do that. When I was a kid my mother would punish me by taking my latest book I was reading away till my chores were done! LOL my youngest daughter is the same way..........and yes I’ve used my mother’s technique of withholding her reading material to get her chores done! LOL

Kayley-Big HUGS to you! Be proud of all you have accomplished! I will still keep your dress issue in prayer that your swatches come in and you find the right color! I think a good seamstress will be able to do the trick! I had to have a bridesmaids dress altered for a wedding once....too tight uptop in someplaces and too loose in others....but the bottom was really flowy.....so she was actually able to take a couple of pieces from the bottom and add it to the top portion that was too tight.......not sure what style of dress you have, but this might be an option......the Maid of Honor usually has a slightly different dress anyhow........so if yours is straighter than the bridesmaids than it wont be that drastic of a difference. (just a thought)

Ok so all you carpet cleaning wacko women!!!! YOU GINXED ME!!! Thanks!!! I didn’t need to clean my carpets at all........and low and behold my poodle decided that the canned dog food didn’t sit well with him last night! So I had to break out the shampoor and clean my dinning room carpet!!!! At least it wasn’t the whole house huh? LOL

So Dh made his pizza and OHHH was it delicious....he actually made two one for dinner and one to share with our coworkers tomorrow for lunch....he actually isn’t going to eat any for lunch.......but he wants to take 2 slices to his boss........so I get the rest of it for the girls at work and DD is packing one for her lunch. It had Baked chicken, spinach, mozzerella, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, alredo sauce on a store bought crust(bobali type). Was fantastic & I ate two slices without feeling stuffed or guilty! LOL

Just because I saw it on the news.......and thought it was horrible......and a couple of you are bus drivers.......here locally outside of our school district........a bus rolled onto its side....into a shallow ditch along side a rural road...with 50+ students on it.....immediately following the accident per their district policy they ran a drug/alcohol test on the driver to rule that out. Well this happened thurs or Friday last week.....weds they fired her....her test came back for marijanna and now the police arrested her......she is being charged with dui and 50+ counts of wantent (sp?) endangerment of a minor! The kids were all transported some flight lifted to a near by children’s hospital......I have not heard of any children needing extensive stays at the hospital.......but how horrible for those kids and now that driver! Now don’t get me wrong.....she should not of been driving and I don’t condone marijanna use......but I know (not from my own experience LOL) that it can stay in your system for days......she has never tested positive on any random tests they have done......so for her if this was a weekend recreational usuage and she was NOT high during her workday.......and still tested positive........it has killed her career and her life from here on out! The press of course hasn’t disclosed any info on wether it was high enough in her system to be blamed on the accident........they are still investigating that idea. IF that is the case I say slap the book at her! What the kids were telling people when it happened was that there was a fight on the bus and she took her eyes off the road to redirect the kids and went off the road and the bus rolled to its side......parents & kids have said nice things about her and that she was a good bus driver. So I guess we will see how things work out...thank goodness no children were killed!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:38 AM   #78  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Random musings...

I doubt ZZ Top will have David Cook with them b/c he is contractually bound to the Idol tour which begins in July...but who knows. My friend sent me a YouTube video so I got to see the end with the announcement and all.

Wii Fit...saw an article the other day about an 11 year old girl who is physically fit...just solid and muscular who Wii Fit told was "fat" and she is actually barely over her weight range...so Wii Fit has an attitude...ignore it and don't take it personally.

I think I irritated my corneas and that is what is making my eyes hurt so badly. The worst is the photophobia...I hope it passes soon.

I left work today at 3:40 and it was 83 degrees. By 6:30 it was 65. In betwen it rained for about 30 minutes and we had major thunder and lightning. Some places had flash floods. Too weird. People are using the E word and thinking the big one is a'comin...

Went closet shopping tonight..found a dress I bought last summer for a party and never wore. Still fits and looked quite nice...so it's coming with me this weekend. Hopefully my Spanx will smooth out the lumpy bumps.

Nothing else really to report...looking forward to making space on my bookshelf for Catherine's book very soon!!

Happy weekend...
Old 06-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

post On #1160
Closed Thread