Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1159

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning, everyone!

I still have two more weeks left in the term, but I think the worst of my craziness MAY be over. I hope. I've been checking in here, but no time to post. That ends now!

I need the support too! I am trying to lose the pounds I've gained this spring. So far it's only 5-7 pounds but I hit my mark -- the point at which I need to do something. So, I started getting back on track this weekend.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

(I'm not actually here -- just poking the very tip of my nose in to put my Biggest Winner weight in and to wave from afar -- I don't think I'm going to be on much before I get back from our trip, but then I'll be back, bay-bee!)
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Great to see you Heather, sorry you gained a bit but it's better doing something now, like you are, rather than 30+lbs along! Hope things settle down for you at work soon.xxxxxx
Anne you REALLY can see a difference in your pics, what a shame that blue top is so big, I LOVE it! Have you thought of altering them? I KNOW you won't be needing THAT size again!xxxxxxx
Annie, has anything happened on the job front yet? Fingers crossed you get a good one. xxxxxxx
Battle hope you enjoy the new job, we'll miss you.xxxxxx
Kayley those clothes you got sound lovely, wish there was a reasonablely priced larger clothing shop near me which sold 'different' stuff, instead of baggy tents or boob tubes!! YES boob tubes for someone a size 26 (or more)! Not that I will try it as I need a REALLY good bra to keep me decent, lol. So glad the shower went well & you had fun.xxxxxx
Dolfin, I thought that guy would have 'slung his hook' by now, he ought to be looking for a flat/apartment/something instead of drinking beer! Grrr I feel so angry for you! It can be hard dieting without any added stresses.xxxxx
Brand new me, great to 'see' you again! Did you have a new hairstyle/colour? It looks FAB! Sorry things are so bad for youxxxx Keep coming on here, I know you'll get lots of support AND hugsxxxxxx
I can't remember if I told you all I got to go out with hubby the other week-end when my parents stayed...ummm...well I got REALLY drunk AND flirted with some guys(hubby was there & loved it) they actually were 'giving me looks'lol. I'll post some pics of me AFTER the night out, lol and you'll see why they were looking at me, or rather my chest! I think the term 'wardrobe malfunction' applies here!lol we had bil and oldest son & his gf for Sunday dinner as she's 19 on Tuesday & she (not me!) had a cake with candles on, I love spoiling her, she's the daughter I never had.
No more time, but hugs to you all, without you I dread to think what I'd weigh! or for that matter, do, when I have weight or 'lady' probs, I know there's always someone who can help.xxxxx
xxxxsharon
Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #5  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

So now that I feel I have a handle on getting enough cardio. I am beginning strength training! Felt silly that I needed to ask DH what was a rep and what was a set. But he is being patient since he has wanted me to do this for a long time! But he wants me to try stuff he does. NOPE...I work slow and have a beginners program that I want him to help me with. He thinks its not challenging enough for me. But I have requested that he be supportive and let me work at my own pace and confidence. Or else that nasty stubborn streak in me will kick in and I just wont do anything!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #6  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I spent the morning getting my sewing together. So today, I cut out pants. I've got 5 pairs of pants, and one suit jacket. I need the pants first. I remember when I used to wear out pants in the crotch from the friction. I no longer wear them out there. I now wear them out down by the knee. It is so strange.

I'm starting to feel a bit more settled. I'm such a control freak, that when things aren't just right, I have trouble. It's as if I can't concentrate on my sewing if I see anything else that is out of place or needs doing. I don't think I was always that bad, so I'm going to chalk that one up to the head injury. So I am off to eat my breakfast, and then I'm going to put up my cutting table, and go nuts, ignoring the mess around me.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Anne: You can really see a difference in your pics! Thanks for posting. I love to see everyone's progress!

Sharon!!!! Wowza. I can see why you were getting so much attention. You are a pretty lady and add those guns to the picture. lol. Nothing on the job front yet.

Kayley: So glad that the shower was a success. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Debbie: Stay safe with the flooding. There is lots of flooding around here too with the record snowfall melting now. We are about 4-5 miles from the river and up hill so we should be safe. Hope you are enjoying your job. Hugs.

Debi: Ohhh, how exciting for your tomato plants to be producing already.

Bernice: There was no link when I got on the site but the one photo I saw was already impressive. Just seeing the young men in there uniforms standing there gives me goose bumps. You must be so proud. Hugs and glad your trip was wonderful.

Catherine: Have fun sewing. Maybe you could get your dh a dog. Every front porch with a sofa needs a dog on it. lol.

Brandnewme: Hugs to you sweetie. I am so very proud of you for recognizing that you are a strong woman who can care for herself. Sorry you are having so many medical issues. That is scary. I have been there and it felt scary and honestly I felt hopless. I'm happy to see you don't feel like that! Wanted to mention that your picture is beautiful. I love the hair cut.

Vicki: Sorry Silva is still around. Hopefully he will get the picture and disappear. Some people just don't care if they use other people or not.

Heather: Hi there. Glad to see you poke your head in. You are so smart to get a handle on your small gain before it gets out of hand. I bet lots of us wish we had done that wayyyyy back when it was only a few pounds. Hugs.

Walrus: Have a great trip.

Julia: I hope you enjoy strength training. It will be cool to see your progress from where you start to how far you can go.

Well, I am feeling a bit better today. Just TOM issues. I am retaining water pretty bad though but eh what ya gonna do about it. lol. I am starting to deep clean things for my inlaw's visit/spring cleaning. My inlaws wouldn't notice if it were dirty or not but I feel better having everything sparkling clean.

My old employment called yet again to plead with me to come back just until I find a job. They are really hurting for people as one of my former co-workers is seriously ill. I told them I would pray about it and I have decided to let them know I will come back for $2.00 more per hour and I will need time off for interviews and only until I get hired elsewhere or they bring someone in. They have an ad in the paper to hire vocational consultants. I could use the money and it won't be as bad knowing that it is temporary. I don't know if they will go for the $2.00 per hour more thing but if not, no problem either. I know what other people are making there and I know that my work is just as good as some of them and a ton better than others so I will stick to my guns. If they need the help from me they will have to pay. We'll see what happens. In the mean time, I am continuing to pray for one of these other places to call me.

I am sooo looking forward to going to CA in a few weeks. I am very excited about seeing my sisters. I am looking forward to being in the pool and just visiting.

Everyone have a wonderful op, bootie moving, water drinking day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Heather – I have a little over two weeks to go until the end of my term as well. I’m counting down the days! Here’s to less stressful days to us both!

Sharon – GO YOU! Lol, that’s gotta be a great self esteem booster, out there flirting. I’ll have to go check out the pics you posted after I type this up.

Julia – Strength training is wonderful! It really helps me lose the inches fast, too. At least you had your hubby there to explain it all. Some of it, I had to ask my fiancé for help with when I first started as well. Strength training is actually my favorite thing to do now, instead of cardio!

Annie – Well, I hope they decide to give you that $2 job increase. And good for you for sticking to your guns about it! I’m sure you’ll hear something on the job front soon!!!

Well, I’m feeling better now. Weighed, and I’m down 2 lbs this week. Since TOM is here, I’ll take that over a gain any day! Lol. I’ve got to call my college and get my tuition paid. Classes start again on May 28th. I’m actually pretty excited. AND I did my scheduling for the Fall, and I get to take my first Digital Photography class! Means I need to invest in an SLR, and pronto! My b-day is two weeks from today, and I have a feeling that my Stepdad is going to get one for me. We’ll see. Well, I’ve got to get dressed, wash my face, have some lunch, and get back to work!

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,
My day is going pretty good so far. The boys seem extra tired today..its monday.
Today is senior skip day and I let my daughter sleep in for a few hours extra. She has gone off to school now because she is having some friends over for the night.
I am starting to worry about getting everything done before the weekend. I have alot of cleaning to do still but with me having kids all week its almost useless . Oldest daughter said she is coming home friday evening to help me cook. I hope we have enough food. I still need to call subway and order my sub platter. Cake is ordered and we ended up getting a full sheet cake. I hope they eat it all!! If not i will be sending it home with people.

kayley-great job on the 2# !!YOu are doing such and awesome job!!

annie_ way to go standing your ground. You are a special lady!!

catherine_ i get my sewing machine back this weekend.My mom had borrowed it over a year ago and hadnt been able to afford to get hers fixed until she got her BUSH MONEY. I have been lost without it. I have about 5 things waiting to take up. I also want to start making a few things for the baby. OCt is coming fast!! I am the type to not want to stop sewing to cook or anything once i start a project. I like to start and complete it in the same day. My mom will have about 8 things going at a time.....
I may check out some dress patterns and make a few sundresses for summer.

julia_ hubby has been great with my lifting. He taught me how to do it and only once moved me up in weight to fast. I was so sore and got mad at him so he lets me judge when i am able to increase weights. Today we are going to try and walk...if it doesnt rain. Its a great way to spend time with hubby and get a work out also. IN fact I have found it to be a real turn on for him...LOL
sharon_ im with you on thinking what weight would be with my friends here. I know coming here has really kept me going!! I cherish my friends here!!!!

walrus_ good to see you!!

Heather_ we are here for you!! Glad you got back on plan...I know i can lose weight but i know now after gaining 90lbs back once that i will have to only allow myself a few play pounds and then go right back on it> This is a way of life!!!weigh of life!!LOL

Debie_ hope works goes good for you this week. OH i found a good quick lunch at walmart this week.It is lunch to go by oscar meyer its kinda like lunchables but a little more meat and cheese. Its about a dollar per meal and only 340 calories. Check them out. In our store they are with the lunchable section. Thought it might be something you could take with you for lunch.

dmpls_ glad to have you back my friend!! Cant wait to see more pictures of your baby!! You must be beaming!!!

Carol_ Hope you are not working to hard at work tpday
Old 05-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

No time to post really, but I had to reach out for help. What do you ladies eat that makes you feel "full"...or at least not hungry again within the next hour or so. I don't feel like I am not eating enough, I am obviously just making poor decisions and wasting calories. Do you have any "go to" foods that you are sure will hold you over for 4 hours or so? help...
Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Kayely: Congrats on the -2 more! Way to go. I hope you get the camera of your dreams.

Debi: You will get everything done sweetie. No worries. Just do a bit each day that the little ones can't undo if possible. That is what I am planning on doing this week. Something each day to prepare for Friday.

Angie: Anytime I want to feel full for longer I eat protein. It really helps me. Maybe if you up your protein for a while you will start feeling more full. Boil some eggs or get some almonds, cottage cheese, I love the laughing cow cheese. Costco has these turkey hot dog things that are 45 cal. each and 5 grams. of protein. I eat 2 of them and I am full up. Hope this helps. Hugs.

I am cruising on my chores. Going very slow but making progress. I called to let my old employment know what I was willing to do for them and the supervisor that was frantic last week is gone on vacation for a few days. lol. So, I will just pray that someone calls me before then and offers me something permanent instead of even going back there for a bit. lol. What ever happens, I am trying to trust it will all work out for the best.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #12  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post

Bernice: There was no link when I got on the site but the one photo I saw was already impressive. Just seeing the young men in there uniforms standing there gives me goose bumps. You must be so proud. Hugs and glad your trip was wonderful.

Blessings,
Annie
click on the picture it should take you there..........or maybe I could just post again possibly making it do the slideshow here.....

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t=8110b224.pbw
Old 05-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Dgramie – Sounds like you are on the ball with the party! When is it taking place anyhow? Graduation season is upon us! Subway platter sounds yummy. Subway is one of my favorites, and once I’m back on Weight Watchers I plan on hitting them up for lunch! Lol.

Realist – I eat a lot of protein. Luckily, I love chicken, so I eat it usually for lunch & dinner. That will usually fill me up. What I also take are the Green Tea pills you can buy at any drug store. I think they are called Mega-Tea or something along those lines. They are only about $4-$5, and last about a month. They have an appetite suppressant, and also boost your metabolism. You take one after breakfast and after lunch, and I’m not hungry for HOURS. I usually don’t eat breakfast, so I just take one after lunch.

Well, I’m home from work. My cousin was thinking about coming over and doing some more photos with me this evening, and then her Mom sprung babysitting on her, so it won’t happen tonight. I’m going to grab some dinner, and I think head outside, and read for a bit before the sun goes down. It’s only about 50 degrees out, but the sun feels great! I’ll be back sometime tonight.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

kayley - the party and graduation are saturday. Then i get to work project graduation and stay up all night. I dont stay up all night to good.LOL I think my age is catching up with me.LOL
Have fun reading outside.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #15  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon all,

I'm having a lazy afternoon. We might go for a swim at 4pm, but I really doubt it. I was going to do 30mins on the treadmill, but I've left it too late. I will sneak it in somewhere, but I suspect it will be at 4pm instead of the swim. It's back to being quite cold again. So my plans on buying plants tomorrow and starting the planting are pretty much shot.

I managed to survive the party last night (food-wise). Although in the end I didn't eat enough, so I had to make myself something when I came home. I overestimated what I had (1 cup chili, 1/2 cup rice) knowing I hadn't even taken that amount. There were veggies and salad, but I just wasn't in the mood. It was a cold night, so the hot food seemed like a better choice. I did come home to put on my silk (long) underwear since we were sitting outside the entire night. I poured some of my own pisco sour into a water bottle and just took that back with me. I avoided all cakes, cookies, squares (there were a lot - partly because there were likely more kids than adults). By the time I go home I was about 650 cals short for the day. Since this morning was a weights day I made a point to eat the missing calories before hitting the sack. I figured if I didn't I might not have the strength for this morning's routine, which was brutal.

The fireworks were pretty impressive. This has been a long standing tradition, although not always at this fellows house. It turns out they've been doing it for 22 years. And now that we've been once I've been informed that we're pretty much committed to coming back each year. Of course I know see that the perfect hostess gift is firecrackers.

I'm going to start the personals and then either swim or use the treadmill. I suspect this might need a good evening before I finally end up posting it!

Annie - I'm always amazed by your weight loss (and the speed of it). You've summarized the changes I think all of us feel. Although I'm not as far along as you are right now, I too feel the higher energy levels (well, most days). I think that was a good option that you gave your old company. Decades ago I left my job to start working for myself (on good terms). They called me to train a couple of people, and I quoted an insanely high amount (compared to what I had been paid working there) and they said yes. I was really quite surprised. In Canada the added benefits that companies pay can add as much as 30% to the cost of the employee's salary. That's things like unemployment, govt pension, health care, workman's comp, vacation pay. So sometimes an external contract person can ask for more and still be cheaper than a permanent employee.

Carol - we have a pair of cardinals that have been around for years. They seem to love our grapes a great deal. I think I got a scolding a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't get at the vine in the winter, so I did a late spring prune (this is a very bad time to do it, but it had to be done). While I was cleaning up afterwards, father cardinal came down onto the now sad looking vine and started squawking at me. I think he was disappointed that I'd cut a lot of his favourite food source back. No worries though, it will grow back quickly. Although the cardinal is right, maybe not as many grapes this year.

Debi -
looking forward to the pictures. Sounds like you're getting kind of busy in preparation for the weekend already.

Debbie -
the only thing I can suggest when at the register is try and keep moving, even a little. Assuming that you don't have customer's there for the whole time - even walking a little back and forth will help. I used to have to be on my feet for work all the time. Most of the time I could be walking around the plant, but from time to time I would be at a machine or the furnace. Small movements help take the stress off a little bit. Good luck.

Bernice -
I took a look at your slide show - very nice. Thanks for sharing it with us. Sounds like you had a great time.

Kayley - I know you hadn't done it on purpose, I was thinking subconsciously though. I was in the same situation on Sunday, planning a light morning/afternoon (although still 1000 cals) since I wasn't entirely sure what would be in the menu. I came home quite light on calories for the day (1500 when I aim for 2150) so I made a point to eat. If you find yourself at 800 calories another day you really do need to find something to eat (whether you feel like it or not). Anyway, glad you had a good party on the weekend.

Brandnewme -
sorry to hear that things haven't been going well. At least getting on track is a very positive step. As to your issues with DH, I suppose all you can do is try and figure out what's best for you in the long run. I hope that works out for you.

Dolfingirl - it's amazing sometimes how things you think are low cal (or low carb) can turn out to be higher than you think. I looked at a spinach salad last night but decided I'd pass since I didn't know what kind of dressing was on it (and salad dressings can be killers). If nothing else, at least you enjoyed the salad! On the BF's friend, I maybe missed it, but what does the BF think of all this? It sounds like you're past the breaking point, is his coming soon? I think the turkey loaves will be good. I'll likely be getting into the new lunches either tomorrow or Wed. I haven't done my meals for tomorrow yet, so I'm not sure. If I was making them for dinner I might have added some veggies as well (onion, celery), but since they're meant to go with roasted veggies I decided they didn't need any more.

Heather - hoping you get through the next two weeks. It's very good that you recognize that you need to get back on track after a small gain. I think that's something I wished I'd done better.

TheWalrus - in case you drop back in - have a great trip!

Sharon -
I have altered a lot of things as I've gone. This one I think I'll keep, for posterity or something. Love the pictures though, and yes, we can see what they were looking at.

Julia - good luck with the strength training. If there's one thing I've taken out of mine is that heavier weights with lower reps is challenging me way more than lots of reps with light weights was. Have fun with it. I know I do (even when I'm dying).

Catherine - I used to do a lot of sewing, although I don't think it was great stuff. I'm at the point where I can alter existing items, and perhaps even make something using another item as a pattern. Good luck with your work.

Realist - after looking at my usual schedule, I realise that I really never go more than 3 hours without eating. And mostly it's 2-1/2 hours. Protein helps as well. My snacks during the day can be an ounce of almonds or soy nuts, sometimes combined with a protein shake or some fruit. The meals in between (breakfast, lunch, dinner) almost always involve a fair amount of protein. Some breakfasts may be light, but those mornings I always have a protein shake mid-morning.

Well ladies, I got caught up in time, so now I'm off to make dinner. Take care and hope you all are having a great week so far.
Closed Thread