Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #91  

Hi all -

Wyllen – That sounds like an exciting weekend – lots of ab work. But it could be fun – think of all of the treasures you’ll find! It’s always interesting to see what parents thought was worth saving. My Grandmother made rag rugs and when we cleaned out her house she had enough rags to carpet a football stadium. She also had about 30 years worth of twist ties that come on bread. You just never know when a couple hundred will come in handy!!

I went to Rocky Horror once – it was an experience what with all the toast throwing and all. Alcohol just might have helped!

Valerie – it’s so great to have a walking buddy, makes the time go so much faster. Glad the scale is on the right trend.

Lilion – the logo is so cute! How many toys does your group usually collect?

Terri – your critters sure keep you hopping. It sounds like more work than kids! But what fun to be able to go out and ride whenever you want.

Charlotte – garage sales are so much work. I hope yours is successful! Spaghetti squash and meatballs sounds good. Glad the night eating problem seems to be resolved.

Hi Valerie – good to see you around again!

Ruth and Angela – hope everything is going ok with your Mothers.

Hi to anyone else I might have forgotten.

I am off work until next Wed. YEAH! Getting Thing 1 and Thing 2 off to college (that’s what we’ve always called them, awful parents, I know ). I’m also planning on some yard work and work on outside of the house. Tomorrow we are having a family picnic at a park to wish them bon voyage.

Exercise is going great and food is better with room for improvement. I’ve FINALLY reached the 25 pounds lost mark. It sure took long enough. I also do measurements periodically and have lost about 20 inches. If I go by a body fat percentage calculator that uses a formula of weight and inches, I may even be less than 50% fat now. When I started I was almost 60% fat according to that calculation. I’m going to go to the Aveda school and get a pedicure as a reward.

I’ve decided to go back to school to see if I’d like computer programming-type work or doing helpdesk support or some such thing. I was in the Americorp so I’ve got some tuition award coming – so the classes are essentially free. So what the heck! If I were independently wealthy, I’d never work and just keep going to school forever. Classes start in a couple of weeks.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning all,

Oh TGIF's in a big way. I'm finding that I start out the week doing well and fall apart beginning on Wednesday and am barely alive on Friday's. I'm blaming it on the heat and poor air quality. Falling apart means no exercise and not journalling my food and getting a little careless with what I'm eating. Fortunately, I'm still hanging in there at 258.

Heather - Have a safe trip. I'd say enjoy your trip but it doesn't seem to be one to enjoy! Hope that you can keep your allergies under control. We had to do something similar last fall when mom moved across the state. Took months to get the place ready for her to move and she still moved so much crap it was unbelievable. And I was really grouchy about all her crap by the end of it all. I think this is our punishment for all the bad things we did as children.

Luja - Are you "Things" excited about taking off on their own? Enjoy your time with them. The college classes sound like fun.

Lilion - Love the patch! That must be a very rewarding project to work on even though you'll be so busy.

to all. I need to get in the shower and get out of here. I could snooze in the recliner for a while but that will have to wait until next Friday when I'm taking a day off. At least the boss won't be there today and I'm leaving early.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #93  

Good Morning Ladies!

IT'S FRIDAY!

I'm VERY glad to see the end of the week and, apparently, cooler temps! It's only supposed to be in the low 90's here today! Of course, we didn't get a drop of the rain that was supposed to come thru yesterday, but I'll take what I can get!

Heather, I love exploring other peoples stuff - nosey - that's me! But it sounds like you are in for quite a hot and dusty day! Take plenty of allergy meds and stay cool and I hope you find treasure!

Valerie and Terri! You've never seen Rocky Horror! Your educations are sorely lacking. Tim Currey in a bustier, fishnets and 5" heels is a sight one never forgets!

Luja- Thanks! In the years I've been involved with TFT we contributed between a low of about 650 toys and a high of about 1700, all from our one event. It's a very good feeling when we get the big numbers in!

Alright girls. Here I am, once again, recommiting to this weight loss thing! I told my DH last night "This weekend we are going shopping and we're going to go back to the way we did things in the beginning!" We're making a menu (with figured points) and buy whats on the menue and COOK and EXERCISE and STICK TO IT - D@MN IT! The scale continues it's slow and steady climb and I've GOT to stop it!!!

Say a little prayer for me!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #94  

Hello Friends, We buried my Mom yesterday. Her health started to decline fast about two weeks ago and she went into a coma last Fri. She died right at midnight on the 14th. It is a very hard loss. I will always miss her. My son did the service for her and he did it beautifully. She would have been so proud of him, as was I.

I just wanted to let all of you know, and that I have appreciated all of your prayers and good thoughts for her.

I will be back full time with you as soon as I can. right now there are many things to take care of. I really need to get back op and I will!

Later, Love Ruth
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #95  

Ruth - my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #96  
MTM

Ruth--I am so sorry.

Charlotte
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #97  

Ruth - I am very sorry to see that about your mom. That is awesome that your son did the service. Take care of you during this difficult time.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #98  

Hi guys,

I haven't posted a pictue in a long time. DH took pics of me riding Spanky yesterday. I posted one on the picture thread.

Back later, off to do laundry and something besides sitting here at the 'puter.

to all!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #99  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Ruth, My condolences. That's lovely that your son did the service. I hope you're feeling the love from your family and friends.

Lilion, Re-commitment is always good! Hang in there.

Hello to everyone else. My two weeks in Ohio were okay. I stayed OP pretty well for the first week and a half, and got careless at the end as I felt more pressure to get things accomplished before returning to Illinois. Not much time to catch up with personals right now, but I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I'll check in tomorrow and try to catch up with y'all a bit.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #100  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Dear Ruth, my heart goes out to you for your loss. I'm so glad the service was beautiful and your son was a part of it. Warmest hugs to you.

Terri, I'll check out that pic directly!

LUJA, 20 inches off is awesome. You're doing great!

Lilion, Day Four was a bust for me. Ate like a horse at the horse show on Saturday, and didn't do much better yesterday. But today is a new day, and we're off again. or still. But either way, we WILL move forward, right?

Saturday was my little miss Stephanie's first horse show that she actually RODE in. She did great - I was a mess, the horse was a goof, but SHE was great. She got a third in English showmanship, fifth in Western showmanship, and 6th in walk-trot barrel racing - her FAVorite! Showmanship is a class handling the horse from the ground instead of riding, and it's lots tougher than it looks. She didn't do so well in her pleasure and equitation classes, but the classes were really big for a first show, and the horse was goofy. She handled it well in any case and it was good experience.

Much of the day I was a raving lunitic, actually, and when her classes were over, I worked as point secretary for the rest of the show... with WAY too much access to the kitchen where several friends were working. They did a great job, especially on the pulled pork... ahem, and brownies.

Today will be a great day. I'm planning everything, counting everything, and drinking plenty of water. It should be real fun, especially with my boss returning from a week's vacation, and payroll due this week. I think I better make sure I have some emergency stress snacks available.

Ladies, all of you have a good week. I hope you find the peace that you may need, the energy I'm sure you'll need, and the direction that everyone needs on a mission such as ours.

Now for breakfast... Green eggs & ham, hold the ham.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #101  

Morning gals,

Time to brush ourselves off and make a clean start for the week.

The weekend was okay. I rode on Saturday, did some housework, and pretty much was a loaf. That was evident because the dogs were crazed last night with too much energy. And this morning they are running rampant; which Duke is too big now to run rampant. He can turn over furniture.

Food was so-so. No binge eating, just not great choices on the two meals a day that we tend to have on the weekend. By looking at my hands this morning, not enough water.

Okay, I have to post this now. I just had the in-home equivalent the of McDonald's hot coffee in my lap incident thanks to Duke. He just leaped through behind me, catching the laptop power cord and ripping it which turned over my really hot cappuccino - on me, table, floor and the computer. Much screaming was had. Enough that DH thought maybe he should get up and help me with the dogs this morning. THANKS DEAR.

to all!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm back!

The attic at Dad's is EMPTY! It actually wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. It was a lot of work, but we actually finished on Saturday!

There were not a lot of treasures (most things were in bad shape), but I did find a "vintage" PEZ dispenser which, based on what I saw on ebay, might go for something!

Tons of rain here -- in fact, my fact was mucho delayed last night and I didn't get home until nearly 1am!

I have so much to catch up on -- I'll check in later!

Ruth -- My condolences on your mom.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #103  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

First and foremost - Ruth - I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. She lived such a long life, which I know is no comfort, but I envy you the long time you had with her. God bless you, you are in my prayers.

Terri, That's a good looking boy you have there! Nice photo! (And who's that lovely lady riding him? )

Valerie, Sounds like your student did great under the circumstances. You should be quite pleased. I know what you mean about stress snacks. Add on that I'm trying my hardest not to bum cigarettes from anyone and this place is just about too much to take. The best part - no food I don't bring with me. (I keep telling myself there are NO snack machines on the next floor....eventually I may believe it....maybe.)

And a big hello to everyone else!

This weekend was okay. Didn't do TOO bad as food went. It's just really hard when I'm home and DH is asleep. I find myself bored and ready to eat. Did a bit of shopping on Saturday. Sunday ran up to a neighboring town's renfair run by an aquaintance and checked it out (mine is better ) and then took Mac and Suzie to Hot Dippity Dog Day at the pool. Basically, the last day the city pool is open they let you bring your dog in for an hour. For $2 a dog, it's a LOT of fun. Even though poor Mac still can't swim very well even with his life jacket. They had a good time still and were such TIRED little dogs by the time bedtime came around. I got to wear my swim suit in public for the second time this summer. I just love this suit, best one I've ever owned. I hope it isn't out of style next summer - although I also hope it's too big and I need a new one!

Got up early enough to work-out today, but didn't do it. It was the first day of school, so I fixed the boy breakfast and drove him...it's raining. He looked so BIG! Still distressing that he's so grown up.

That's it for me guys. Need to get work done. So Later Gaters!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #104  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I've been trying to get a grip on my eating since the holidays, and haven't succeeded for more than 3 days at a time. Then I go haywire. I get on track for a day or so. I start feeling better. I swear I won't do "it" again. Then I do "it" again. The result was a net gain of twenty pounds since last fall. I've knocked just a couple of those off, but the struggle has overwhelmed me too often.

SO. I'm going back to the Doc I went to a few years ago. If he can help me get on track like he did then, then I can succeed in getting the sugar out of my system and start losing the weight again. I've given it my best shot, and so far that's not good enough. I'm going to ask for help.

I heard a study recently about brain activity of alcoholics and people with drug addictions. The same part of the brain is active with genuine food addiction. Not that everyone who overeats is a food addict, any more than everyone who enjoys a beer or wine sometimes is an alcoholic. But in people who have an obsessive addictive behaviour, the brain acts the same.

I just know how I feel under various circumstances, and I know that meds can help me get started. I'm so tired of fighting and failing. I'm so tired of the cycle of "Hooray! I'm on track" and "Oh God, I can't stop myself!" I just wanna feel normal for a little while. So my appointment's on Thursday. I'm excited and optomistic.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #105  

Morning gals,

We'll try not to have a repeat of the cappuccino incident as yesterday. The dogs are at my feet playing but I have nothing hot on the table. Actually right now one is barking and one is baying. Wonder how DH likes sleeping through that? Better than me screaming.

The last two mornings I've done 40 minutes of stretching, strengthening and core work instead of cardio. I did that yesterday because cardio just was too much for that early in the morning. I did it today because yesterday I was so incredibly stiff and creaky. This week, I am going to spend my mornings doing that kind of exercise just to get the body woken up again. Then I'm setting the goal to start back on the push.tv workouts in September. I have six months of those DVD's so that will be good to build a strong body over the winter.

Valerie - I had to chuckle while reading about the raving maniac at the horse show. When we were doing those local shows two summers ago, I too was a maniac. It was fun but Lordy I was a wreck. I was always exhausted at the end of the day. And I only did a few classes too. I loved and hated showmanship. Hated it because we sucked but loved the idea of having the discipline and precision that others had. I may try again next summer with Phoenix. Not much more humiliating than having your horse refuse to trot beside you in front of the judges. Sounds like your Miss Stephanie had a great learning experience and hopefully she had a great time at it. How was your day one?

Heather - Good to see you home again and in one allergy piece. You accomomplished a lot.

Lilion - The dog swimming sounds like a blast. Bear loved the water however he wouldn't swim. He'd bob for big rocks and then just sit. Hey, getting up early enough for exercise is a start! Baby steps. Boredom eating is a big issue for me. The only thing that saves me at home is that DH is usually in the house when I am and I don't do the mindless eating in front of him. But....if he's outside mowing, watch out!

Angela - Good to see you home again, safe and sound. When do classes start for you? How's your mom doing?

I better feed the dogs and hop in the shower. I'm taking Friday off and I already have long-weekend fever.

to all!
Closed Thread