Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #16  

Hi!

I read the thread this week - and I must say you guys are great!

I haven't been able to do anything and don't seem to care either. So I figured i'd start posting. I know I should - I guess its the posibility I can't see.

anyway I feel better just posting - i'll hang around
Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri and Angela -- I'd love to borrow your scales! My scale at the gym is down, but at home it's up!! Stupid analog scale...

ubercontralto -- not caring is tough. I hope you can figure out how to get started.

I got a lot of movement in today... I walked to and from the doctors (reg checkup) and then went to the gym and warmed up on the elliptical and lifted with my trainer (who threw in a few extra minutes).
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #18  

Holy cow – you guys are already on the second page of a new thread!

Terri – hope you are feeling better. Your garden sounds quite prolific! And congrats on breaking through 260!

Lilion – Sounds like you had a fun weekend. My DH lived in Texas for a while and dreams of the Waffle House. They don’t have them up here.

MTM – It’s good Zoloft is working for you! Must have been awfully frustrating to deal with the night time eating.

Angela – make use of the case manager as much as you can. If you’ve got a good one, they can be really really helpful in getting all of the services your Mom needs set up. (It’s what I do - so I am a bit biased – but our job is to make it easier for families to manage everything!) All of the family stuff is so stressful. Congrats on the weight loss!!

Hello to everyone else.

I’m actually back down to the weight on my ticker AND I was able to wear a skirt today that was too tight even two weeks ago. I’ve kicked the exercise up a notch and have been counting calories and have once again quit Diet Coke. Don’t know why but not drinking diet coke always helps. At this point my whole goal is to eat at lest 20 grams of fiber and to burn more calories than I eat. After I stop losing again, then I’ll make some other adjustment. My stomach is adjusting to all of the fiber – hopefully by the weekend it’ll be happier.

The only other thing is SEND RAIN. You'd think with all of the heat and humidity we are having we'd get some rain. Seems wrong to have tropical humidity levels and drought all at the same time!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning gals,

As usual, I have not much time to post. I slept through exercise this morning. Maybe that will just be my Thursday treat.

I got my hair cut and new color last night. I used to go with blond highlights over my brown. After watching multiple episodes of What Not to Wear, I said its time to do something different. She did an all over dye of a warm reddish brown and then put in blond highlights that look carmel color instead of blond. A very nice warm, darker color. I love it.

Food was pretty good yesterday. I forgot my afternoon snack and so I got a snickers. Dumb Dumb. However, everything else was 100% OP and low in points. I walked the dogs when I got home so that was something.

DH is having a colonoscopy. Today he's on a clear liquid diet and then taking that nasty meds. Tomorrow I'm off so I can drive him to and fro. Looking forward to hearing him whine about the taste and his misery.

Better scoot. Have a great OP day! to all!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #20  

luja -- congrats on the skirt NSV. I'm closing in on one myself!

Terri -- Good for you for getting a new look! I'm thinking of getting my hair colored at some point. Time to try something different and maybe cover up the grey!

I exercised a LOT yesterday. Walked to and from the doctors office (which, it turns out, is only a mile away!) and then elliptical before weights and then an extra long weight session! If I did only 10 days like that I'd make my goal!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #21  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey ladies, this is a quick note to say I'll be gone until around August 19/20, spending time with my mother until school starts up again.

Stay OP everyone!!! I'm going to miss posting but I'll keep track of things and be in touch when I'm home.

Take care all!

Luja--Congrats on staying OP and getting back down to your ticker! Now it's onward and downward!

Heather--Wow! What a workout!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #22  

Good Morning Ladies

I've been terrible about posting lately, except for spending half the day on that Fat Acceptance thread yesterday. Not sure why. Just hitting a lull in things to say I guess.

Food continues to be a struggle. I made a WW burboun chicken recipe last night and was doing okay - until DH pops up with Klondike Bars. So I ate one of course.

Getting back on track really continues to ellude me. I am trying - but not as hard as I ought to. I've made several bad choices lately and they are annoying me.

Work continues to be a pain. One of the reasons I'm not on as much as usual.

Angela - I hope you have a nice visit with your mom. She continues to be in my thoughts.

Heather - I used to take my car to the doctors from my office - it's .3 mile! In my defense, it IS uphill, both ways (I'm at the top of one and he's at the top of another) but I decided never to do that again! I walk it now.

Terri - Hope your DH is doing well after his procedure and there was no bad news. Your hair sounds lovely.

Luja - be glad there is no Waffle House - it is a very evil place!

ubercontralto - to the thread! We're slow on this one - but steady!

Ruth! - I'm thinking about you dear!

I really must run now - things to do, files to review, justice to dispense.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #23  

Angela -- Well, that wasn't all at one time!

Enjoy your visit with your mom and recharge for the term!!!

Lilion -- I'm enjoying the Fat Acceptance thread too. Really got me thinking!

I know what you mean about not being able to get quite back on track. I feel like everyday I make just enough bad choices to keep me where I am.
I was doing great until I hurt my knee last week and want to get back into that mindset.

Ah well, even my bad days now are worlds better than my "good" days ever used to be. Course, back in the day, I wasn't trying at all!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #24  

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the welcome all!

That hair color sounds good - what not to wear is a good show - can't watch it anymore its not on my direct TV which comes with the apt. so beggars can't be choosers!

I wanted to put my photo up but its too big.. I am not really good with the graphics thing yet - so i moved a graphic to my avatar.

I started keeping track of my calories on fit day one day at a time. I am higher that I thought I would be so at least i know and tomorrow will try to eat stuff with more volume.

I value this thread and will try to post.

Susan
Old 08-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #25  
MTM

Hi Everyone!

Thank heaven I got that wrap removed Thursday from my leg! It was so tight my leg looked like a wrinkled shirt does after it 's been in the dryer for a couple days. It's just very sore right now from being wrapped so tightly, but that should go away in a few days. I wish it would heal--I'm really so tired of this! I think I mention that in every post, don't I?? I'm doing pretty well with food, I think. I got a pizza at Sam's this morning and only ate one piece--how do you measure the calories in a piece of pizza like that? That's where I get lost as far as counting calories go.

It's so amazing to me that I no longer eat through the night...I still get up to potty, but it seems that that's not even as frequent now, but I think that is probably because I'm not eating. I can't remember ever waking up hungry, and now when I wake up I'm starved. Just amazin'!

Susan~~Hi! I don’t remember seeing you on here, but I’ve only been posting again for a couple weeks.

Lilion~~I’m so sorry you’re still having a bad time at work. Are you looking for a new job? Sounds like your director is a big pita! Mmmmmm, a Klondike. That sounds yummy. I can’t even have those in this house…I can’t stop at one, so it’s just better to keep them out of here right now.

Heather~~You do so well at exercise! I thought I’d be able to get started again by now, but I was wrong. I do need to force myself to start lifting hand weights and using these bands I bought. I much prefer my bike, but I think it’s wiser to stay away from that for now.

Terri~~Everything go well for your dh during his test? The hair color sounds very pretty. I’ve never colored my hair, and so far don’t have enough gray to bother. My mom really didn’t go gray until she was 78 and developed Myasthenia Gravis…she seemed to go gray overnight. I’m very lucky I inherited that gene from her! Most everything else I inherited from my dad.

Luja~~Good job on the skirt! I haven’t worn a skirt in 100 years! I do love them, though, and hopefully I’ll be in one again one day. Have you gotten any rain? We haven’t here in Ohio, and today was absolutely miserable. 92 degrees and as humid as it could get I believe. Sure feels like Topsail Island weather to me, but here I am in Ohio! Maybe next summer.

I just called the cable company to put our internet speed back up to the highest (trying to save a few bucks, but it is really noticeably slower). They refused to allow me to raise it until my husband gave them ‘permission’ to allow me to make changes. Aaarrgghh! That just makes me so mad, so I told them to forget it (as if they care). I think that’s called cutting off your nose to spite your face, isn’t it? It’s the principle, though. Apparently this Zoloft isn't doing much for my temper...thank goodness it seems to be working well for my night eating, though. I really need to work on this temper of mine. My kids think I am certifiably crazy, and one of my girlfriends won't even let me drive anywhere anymore. Maybe the kids are right!

Take care everyone!

Charlotte
Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #26  

My daughter is running a half marathon tomorrow, and then there's the Farmer's Market and cleaning MIL's house and painting and weeding. Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful weekend and see you next week!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #27  

Hi Charlotte,

I haven't been on in a while - i'm just starting up again slowly but surely I hope.

I think the key is logging all on fitday - I hope so.

more tomorrow!

Good night!

Susan
Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #28  

Hi! Well this morning I was able to cut down the breakfast calories abnd logged them on fitday.

for me its a minute by minute process.

S.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #29  

Smile Hello!

I didn't want to get to be a stranger, so here I am! I thought I would run in here and say hello while I had the chance. I am still going to the nursing home every day and between that and the housework, I don't have a lot of chat time. I do come on and read you all every chance I get though. I need to know what is going on with my buddies.

It takes me one weekend to gain 10 lbs and three weeks to lose four......does anyone else have this problem? OK, I know if I didn't blow it on the weekends I wouldn't have that problem Right now I am being soooooo good.

Susan, Hi and welcome back. I think we all live minute to minute where food is concerned. If we weren't addicted to food we wouldn't be in the 300 lb. thread. We have to just hang in there and keep on trying. Not so easy sometimes.

Terri, a new do can make you feel so good. I used to color my hair but then nature caught up and I didn't have to frost anymore. I think I will just let it be the nice streaked color it is. (I love snickers)

Luju, good luck to your daughter. I hope the run goes well for her.

Charlotte, I am glad your leg is getting better. It doesn't sound like the bandage was a lot of fun.

Lilion, what are we going to do about staying on track? Seems as if you and I derail often! I will send you one of these and if you will send them right back. LOL. Just remember ALL of that weight you have already lost and hang tough. The last time I lost that kind of weight I let it slip away again, just went right back to old habits and gained every single lb. plus a few more. ARGGGH! I tell you a little secret, it comes back twice as fast. Have I motivated you yet?

Hello Heather, I would tell you the same thing as I told Lilion. Those old fat cells just sit there waiting to be refilled, or so it seems. You two have come so far on your weight loss journey, don't let that old food get you now.

Hi Angela, I guess you are long gone by now. I hope your trip will be uneventful, and that your Mom will recover soon.

Well ladies, I have laundry to do and a million other small task waiting. I really don't feel like doing any of them, but that is life. Take care, Ruth
Old 08-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #30  

Hi Ruth!

Thanks for the encouragement - yes you are right - you know I am having trouble admitting that I am addicted,

but I am as you say or I would not be in the 300 thread.

wow - that is sobering.

a well placed phrase and I thank you.

I truly thank you.

I am cash poor the this weekeknd - its fine - I have $14 and want so badly to have chocolate ice cream. There is a particular kind they come in small quanities they are "bon bons" ice cream cookie and chocolate. I could get it and have one at a time.

But I know that I will never stop there. I opurchased the WW bars and ate them all in one day.

I have no resistance it seems!

I guess like a crack adict - boy I am going to have a lot more apprreciation for addictiosn.

You knwo I tried OA once but was uncomfortable - maybe I will do again.

Any way - thanks.

S.
Closed Thread