Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #76  

Morning everyone. Just a quickie today. I've got SIX hearings and only one down so far. Going to be swamped. And although it's burning hot outside , it's about 65 degrees in my office and I'm about to freeze! The maintenance guys just HAVE to figure out how to shut my AC vents!

It was a good weekend, but uneventful and unproductive. It's just SO HOT! 100+ all weekend and supposed to be all this week too! My poor garden. It's trying, but not doing too well with the heat. I think my beans have about had it and the zucchini too. I planted my fall veggies, but nothing is germinating in this heat. I actually have some seeds sprouting in paper towels in the house, but I'm afraid to plant them out for fear of burning them up.

DH and I went to see a stage production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show Friday. It was a good time in a tiny little theater here in town.

Other than that, I overate quite a bit I suspect. DH bought trail mix and when I get those cravings for nuts I always over do. I have a real weakness for nuts, but I had four servings yesterday, which is about 16 pts! Too much.

I best run. Hearing #2 is closing in!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:03 PM   #77  

Hi all -

Just popping in to say hi. It was a hot and stormy weekend. We got lucky the main damage stopped about a mile short of our house. There is a beautiful park in St. Paul that has a lake, golf course, zoo, picnic grounds, a carousel and it was really hit hard - lots of lovely old oaks are gone. Some folks around here have been without power for 4 days now. We don't have air other than window unit in my bedroom, so it's been a sticky weekend. You can only have the whole family and all of the animals crammed in the bedroom for so long! But I am not complaining - we got needed rain and survived unscathed!

Staying OP and exercise is going well.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #78  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi all. 'Member me? Just like a bad penny, I keep turning up. I love the new list name. I had to look a little closer to find you, but you couldn't hide for long.

The main thread is still moving so fast I can't begin to keep pace. Heavens, even you guys are moving right along.

Terri, did Ginger founder? I've missed so much, but saw something about sore front feet... and a bit about your poop eater - ha! I hope your AC is back to 100% and your DH is home.

Lilion, I hope you find a way to warm up, as Terri finds a way to cool down. Boy! You Show-Me girls are just never happy, are ya?

LUJA, I had something to say to you, but in finishing scanning the thread, it has already slipped my tiny brain. If I showed up more often, I wouldn't have to remember things from 5 pages ago, now would I? I DO hope the power comes back up for you folks up there. The Twin Cities have suffered more than your share lately.

Julie, Charlotte, Heather, Ruth, friends - Hello to all!!!

I had a good day today - I even got up and headed for the treadmill. But before I could get the chaps, western hat & my winter vest off of it, I was distracted by the free weights. At least I did SOMEthing this morning. I have a walking date with a friend at work for lunch time tomorrow.

I think I'll even get on the scale tomorrow, just for the hello of it. I've had kind of a don't ask- don't tell policy going with that little thing lately, but I guess I really want to know the truth at this point.

Onward!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #79  
MTM

Good Morning Everyone!

Beautiful weather in Ohio today! It got down to 50 last night...the house has finally cooled off and maybe the a/c can take a much-deserved break. Going to try to spend much of today getting ready for this garage sale--the weather looks perfect Friday and Saturday. I had a really good food day yesterday--spaghetti squash and meatballs and sauce for supper. I really love that stuff. Got through another night with no eating, too. It's just so amazing to me how much better I feel in the morning now. Keeping my fingers crossed that I've finally kicked that habit. I even did 10 minutes on the bike yesterday--then had a lot of leg pain during the evening and night, but I don't know if it was the bike or one of the things we're using on this wound. I think I'll try it again this morning and see if it still hurts. I know I could do just so much better if I could get some bike riding or walking in my routine. We'll see...guess I can mention to the doctor again Thursday and get his opinion.

Lilion~~Did you get through your hearings? I see you guys in MO are still suffering with the heat. I know I'd probably never go outside in that kind of weather!

Luja~~I remember those days of having only the bedroom with an a/c!! Kids would be all over the floor and all the animals were in there too! Hoping it cools off for you guys like it has here in OH.

Valerie~~Welcome back kid!! Wondering if you had melted last week in that heat or if you got waterlooged with all the rain! Your treadmill sounds like my bike--more of a clothes catcher than exercise equipment! I really enjoy your posts--don't ask don't tell with the scale? Too funny!!

Terri~~Morning!!

Everyone else--have a great OP day!!

Charlotte
Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- I haven't seen Rocky Horror in AGES.... I went in college (a lot). How was it?

Valerie -- Glad you found us! Good luck with the scale!

Sounds like everyone has survived the heat. Good! It's supposed to really cool off here by the end of the week... just about the time I head to Massachusetts! Where I will be moving tons of crap out of my dad's attic. I really hope the weather is okay there this weekend.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning all!

No time to post this morning. Did my time on the stationary bike. Fed the dogs. Chased the horses around this morning and got them in the barn. Showered and raced out the door. Geez, and I was up at 5 am too so why did it take almost 3 hours to get out the door this morning?

Not much new this AM. Food was good yesterday. My exercise for the evening was using the string mower to mow the fenceline and front of the place. Good for sweating off a few pounds.

Got a good lunch packed so I have no excuse for the vending machine.

Valerie - Good to see you again. Good job for getting a walking buddy. I saw over on the other thread that Gabe's training is delayed and worse, you mentioned that you might sell him??? You need inspiration girl! Get that boy trained this fall.

to all! Gotta get to work.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #82  

Hello everyone!

Just a quick pop in late at night. I've been spending way too much time on the computer, but for fun - kind of - stuff. I've mentioned my medieval groups several times and this year I am the event coordinator for the Toys for Tots Tournament. We are the largest contributor in mid-Missouri. Anyway, it's a big deal and there's so much to be done. Today I designed the site tokens. Hope this shows up.
Anyway, it's November 17 and there's so much to do!

Valerie, So glad to see you over here. I still lurk the other thread but there's just so much going on over there I never post anymore. I need to I suppose. We miss you over here!

Luja - Howdy! Hope things are going okay for you.

Charlotte - there's never time for me to get caught up at work...so I just muddle through my hearings and do my best!

Terri, As hot as it is here, I consider walking from my office to my car exercise since it certainly works up a sweat. Of course, it takes about 5 minutes for me to feel the heat after I leave my icebox. I mean my office.

Heather - Rocky Horror was a hoot! The guy playing Rocky was VERY good. It was a teeny tiny room for a theater - like 30 x 20 - maybe - so the actors were right on top of you. Interesting during the bedroom scenes!

Well all, must run. DH has gone to play poker, DS is in bed and the pups are alone in the living room!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #83  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

OK, I'm one of the 6 people left on the continent that's never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show. Poor child, me.

Terri, If I can't ride him and feel comfortable, then I should get one that I can. I don't really have any doubts that "Uncle Kenny" can bring him around and make a solid boy out of him. I think the worst fear is that NOW if I get hurt, with insurance, how the heck will I get patched up??

Thanks for all the welcomes - makes me feel like I've come home!!

I just walked with my buddy at work again today. (Yeah!) But after work I'm going to see a guy about a truck. We'll see how it goes, but I've told him already that I only want to drive until March. By then I'll need to start getting home for horse show season next year. Who knows how it will turn out? I just felt like coming in this morning and turning in, like, 30 days notice at work. That would give us all a deadline we could work with/commit to. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes, of course.

I talked to the scale this morning, or rather, I posed the question and IT did the talking. It's in a downward trend, and that's all I ask for.

Oh, another victory, long story short, I had lunch with a friend yesterday (on the way home from the Emergency room after my dog bit her) and even with the stress of the day and the temptation of the menu, at the last minute I pulled out an at-a-girl and ordered the grilled chicken salad. Phew! it was a close call, but I went to bed feeling much better for that small success.

Good day to every body!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Oh my goodness, Rocky Horror. How fun. I remember going to see it in High School.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #85  

Whoops! I said the guy playing Rocky was good. Not true. He stunk - but was well worth ogeling! The guy playing Frank - Now HE was good! Had Tim Curry's version down to a "T"!

Must run! Howdy everyone!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #86  

OMG! Valerie I was going to post the same thing - never seen Rocky Horror. I tried to rent it once and thought it was stupid. I just didn't get the appeal.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Determined, as a movie it doesn't really stand on its own. You had to go to the theater for the full experience. People dress up, they sing, they yell at the screen--it's a scene, and it's fun.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #88  

A few beers or martinis would probably help too!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 PM   #89  

Terri -- You got it!

Definitely an "experience" movie. There are all kinds of different things the audience needs to say and do at different times. In fact, there are lots of places I don't know the actual dialogue-- only the audience's response!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #90  

Morning all!

I am headed out today to visit my dad in Massachusetts. The agenda for the weekend should be a blast -- we're cleaning out the attic of the house he and my mom lived in for 30 years in preparation for selling it. The house has no air conditioning. It's August. No one's been up the rickety stepladder to the attic (with it's rolled out insulation and only slats for floors) for years. Maybe there are critters up there! My dad had surgery recently and can't really help me. Ragweed season may be in bloom (which I am very allergic too). Oh, and did I mention that he and my mom (who would be the best person to help with this) are recently divorced?

Yay. Should be a ball.

I'm prepped with long pants and a long sleeved shirt, dust mask, gloves and allergy meds just in case.

So, if I don't post after the weekend... send flowers!!!

On the plus side, it should be a great workout! All hunched over.

So, yeah, I will have internet access, but it will be much more sporadic than usual.
Closed Thread