Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #31  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening chickies!

Bootales! Nice to have you, pull up a chair.

Ooo...I like the home organics idea. I just read a post in another thread where they were talking about Community Supported Agriculture where you own a "share" in a farm and get the produce. I thought it was such a GREAT idea to support the local farms.

Here's the link of one site that lists sites all over the country if anyone is interested. http://www.localharvest.org/csa/

Bearcub - Wow...sorry to hear about the fall, that would be scary! And that person on the plane, just makes me mad! But good for you, turning it into positive!

Karen - I think I had lost about 40 pounds before I had to confront anyone about what I was doing. Even at that point I basically said the reason my eating had changed was because I could no longer eat salt (which of course cuts out a lot of processed stuff) Of course that was true since I seemed to be having a problem retaining water, but they didn't have to know all the reasons! Sure enough once it was out that I was losing weight, I am under a microscope. Today my boss's, boss's, boss came in...LOL that make him the regional manager. Even HE had to say something, asked how much and so on! Lord forbid, I should ever decide to have something they don't think I should!

Wyllenn

Have a great night everyone!

Last edited by cantforgetthis; 03-24-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Its been a pretty good weekend. I was off work yesterday so this is day two of a three day weekend. I could use a couple of weeks off.

Yesterday, we ran a couple of local errands and then headed to the city to go to Nebraska Furniture Mart. Gads, that place is huge. It was pretty much an all day affair. DH's #2 son works there so we had to stop by and talk to him for a few minutes. Then we went to the kitchen flooring section and bought new tile for the kitchen. It isn't vinyl but it isn't ceramic either - maybe a laminate with masonite backing. Too technical for me. There was a super good price on it. What we have now is the do-it-yourself stick down tiles. Which there is nothing wrong with except the guy did a half-a$$ job and I hate the color. Just looks drab and dirty all the time. Then we meandered over to the bookcases and I bought two. One for the family room so that I could finally put some family photos and stuff out. I pretty much sold all the furniture when we moved last year. Nice oak bookcases at a great price because I didn't hesitate to say "family pricing please". The other book case is also a nice oak one and is for the office room. We went upstairs in search of southwest/desert art for the bedroom and found the funkiest chair. Its round, about four feet wide, on a swivel base and has three pillows for the back. We bought one just on a whim to put in the bedroom for me to lay in and watch TV. I bought purple! Love it. And DH found himself a baby smoker so I said "happy Father's Day really early". We had the truck bed jammed full. They did a fabulous job of tying everything down. If you're not careful, you can spend hours in that place and way too much money. I did count that as exercise.

Today was my lazy Saturday morning. I did putz around unpacking some of the photos for the family room and moving stuff around in the office. I spent about four hours outside this afternoon. I tilled some organic soil into the garden and planted two rows of onions. That sucked. I had forgotten how mom used to do it so it was taking forever. Then I remembered to make a row and lay the onions down the row and then put the dirt back around them. Been a long, long time since I planted onions with mom. And, I remember hating it. Since that didn't kill me, I raked up landscape mulch at the front of the house; preparing for the guy to come build up the dirt around the foundation. When he's done that, I have herb seeds to plant to be at the very front by the sidewalk.

Food has been okay the last couple of days. I've relaxed on my calories on the weekend somewhat. But I'm still getting it all logged in and I'm still staying around 1500 calories a day. Feels good to get a grip.

Tonight, I decided that Danni needs more exercise. We made them be outside with us today but she just can't sit still. I got the 4-wheeler out and made her trot along side it for two laps up and down the driveway. My foot is still bothering me or else I would have been walking her. She's sacked out now.

Bear is holding his own. He scared the absolute crap out of me the other night. I had fallen asleep in the family room and woke up about 2:30 am to go to bed. I said something to him, walked past and let Danni out to pee. I spoke to him again and he didn't move. I walked over and reached down to pet him and give him a little shake, and he still didn't move. I started to freak out because I was just sure he had died in his sleep right there on the family room floor. I ran over and turned on the hall light and then I hear this big sigh. Again, he didn't lift his head so I was thinking that okay, he wasn't dead but maybe he was fading away. Danni ran over and sniffed his butt and up he went. Guess he didn't like that. Maybe he was making sure that I really was going to bed before he bothered to move.

Okay, DH is really ticking me off at the moment, so I'm going to get out of here and go watch TV in the bedroom. Sorry for not doing replies, but I'm too aggravated at him to think much.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4" (and a half)

Today was a bust for me. I'm afraid I slept in, didn't eat before going out, and ended up at DQ. Well, I guess since it was my only meal today calorie-wise it probably wasn't that bad. I'm scheduled to start going back to work week after next and I think I'm getting a little anxious over it. I've been off for nearly 4 months now with this depression, and the 4 months prior to going off were horribly hard (I hadn't yet figured out what was wrong). I'm only supposed to do half-days for the first month, but I work in a very hectic high-tech manufacturing firm that has no mercy. Eek!

Determined - Gardening must be great! My mom was also an avid gardener, but unfortunately I have an aversion to it (I kill everything, plus I have an unnaturally morbid fear of worms...no idea where that comes from ). But good for you to do something that is not only pleasurable, but good for you. Hope the onions sprout well!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #34  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Good evening all. YEAH TOM is still here! Ever have one of those days that you want to eat something and you just don't know what? So you end up eating everything imaginable? And you still haven't satisfied the "need"? So you go to sleep before you do any more damage? That was yesterday. At least I got in some exercise in the A.M.

Today was another good exercise day 7,000+ steps on the pedometer. Pretty good eating day, overall.

Karen, I hope you have a super Spring Break! Sounds like you have great plans already....laundry? dishes? cleaning? Sounds Fab! Hope there's some fun in there somewhere!

Terri, I have had pets do that to me, too! That's one thing you don't need, especially now with the pet food recalls. Tell him not to do that anymore!

Bootales, I, too, worked for a ruthless company for 20 years. Try not to even think about the day you have to go back until the night before. Don't drive yourself crazy ahead of time for something you have no control over. The day before will give you plenty of time to feel anxious. Don't do that to yourself so far in advance. Give yourself a break.

Wyllen, my calibration must be weird or something with the pedometer? Maybe I'm shorting myself? 7,300 steps comes to 2.32 miles on mine. I will have to check my step length again. I think it is set at about 18"? I don't remember. I wish it were 10 miles! I've walked that before, only because my car broke down and I thought I was gonna die by the time I got home!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #35  

Karen, I know my pedometer is set for a stride of 18" and so far today I have walked 7556 steps and that equates to 2.86 miles. I really like having the pedometer because it gets me moving and motivates me to get over 5000 steps a day. I hope when it is nicer out I will clear 8000!! We shall see...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Karen -- Yours may be alright then! I just know that mine was shorting me for a long while!!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #37  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all,

Well, I met my calorie goal only one day last week. I was pretty close a few other days, but had my downfalls each time.

For three years now I've been thinking and talking but not doing enough.

So, here's to doing.

Terri, hope you're finding more balance, too.

Bootales--Welcome!

Must run but I'll try to be back later.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #38  

Hi ladies,

Its a muggy Monday here. Though it is so nice to see the bradford pear trees in bloom. We've never had them before but do love them - until they explode due to wind or ice, that is.

I couldn't even lurk at work today. I tried the website and I got one of those "you have tried to access a adult website that is forbidden" or something like that and of course logged my used id and said it was being sent to security. I got this when I couldn't see the sliders and clicked on the box - now I get it just for trying to access the website.

It looks like I may become a proud parent after all. My brother is looking to leave the state to go to work for a few months. He has three kids and the mother is pretty much psycho. He's a union electrician and there is no work in the city for a few months. He may be going to West Virginia. His kids are 21, 19, and 15. He's signing a power of attorney for us to have the 15 yo come live here. My sister said that should be like having a rabid pit bull come live with us. She is 15 and thinks she pretty much knows it all. She also has a "mouth" problem, as in, she doesn't know when to shut it. Hopefully this will only be for a few months and may begin as early as this week. Lord help us all.

Food as pretty good today. I've got to log it in my food log tonight. I did start my morning with 30 minutes on the stationary bike. Although I was a little sluggish.

Bootales - Welcome to the group. I haven't officially welcomed you. I too work in a very stressful environment. I agree that you should just not think about work coming up. Focus on now; not tomorrow.

Angela - Good job for being accountable all last week. At least you know what you did rather than just blow it all off. That is a great start.

Peggy - Great job with counting the steps. I have had a couple of pedometers and never got consistent results. I had one once that talked and I accidentally pushed the button and it said something - while I was in the ladies room stall. Kinda humiliating!!

KarenNJ - Usually those days around TOM are days when I feel like a bottomless pitt. There are times when I just can't get enough not to feel starved. Darn hormones.

Lilion - How's the renov's going? Hope you've doing okay and feeling okay too. Miss you!

Valerie - Miss you too!

Karen - The class I took was just a one day class on how we're supposed to take care of HR functions now that we're on a new system and under new rules. A little mind boggling.

I'm going to post this because I've almost lost it twice. to everyone!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 03-26-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #39  

Smile Happy Monday everyone!

You're right and I'm going to enjoy this final week of leave and not think about work at all. In fact, I signed up for a wood burning workshop on Friday.

Finally, I feel like I'm getting a bit of my old energy back. Got a full gym workout done today. Well, that's all I got done, but I did all 3 circuits plus stretching and feel great. I'm sure tomorrow will be a little stiff and sore but it felt good being back with my gym buddies. My goal for tomorrow is to do a complete (half-hour) Richard Simmons DVD. He's a goofball, but I like his DVDs.

Question - has anyone tried yoga? I've been comtemplating, but at my weight I would think that I wouldn't be able to get into half the positions. Any experience with 'super size' yoga?
Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #40  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Just checkin' in ...

~ Hi Everybody ...

Been MIA for a few days cuz I was a little sick over the weekend, but I'm starting to feel better now. We've had unbelievable weather here; warm temps and even had our first rainstorm for the year, melting half the snow. Don't know if this is gonna last 'til April, but sure hope it's a sign for a good summer!

One of our furry babies had us up 'til 2:00 am last night cuz she was so frightened of the thunder and lightening, she kept jumping on us ~ lol! Gonna have to get to bed earlier tonight; I'm so tired already.

My knee is much better and I can walk on it now, so I can get some more exercise in again this week; been going outside as much as I can (just in shorter stints).

TERRI ~ I luv gardening, but DH does help me with the hard parts, like the tilling; we've found faster and easier ways to plant; and we mulch for an ez-care garden.

KAREN ~ yes, I do try to have smallers meals with healthy snacks in between about every three hours; it also keeps me from feeling like I'm starving (less binging that way).

I've been stayin' OP pretty good this week; and taking extra vitamins to give me some extra energy (hopefully anyways). Take care Ladies; have a great week, and keep on keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #41  

Bootales - "Just My Size" has a yoga DVD. I tried it after reading about Lilion getting it and trying it. It was pretty good for a beginner. The model is a plus size and she doesn't do anything ridiculous. I ordered mine from Walmart.com. Keep exercising! It does help the mind too.

Rosebud - Sorry you've been sick but glad to see you're back to feeling better and your knee too. I don't like those days when I start off with too little sleep. Makes for a long day. Hope you set good sleep tonight!

I'm off to hit the shower. I confess that I sat on the couch in a daze instead of exercising this morning. Must be the spring allergies kicking up. Great.

Any computer techies out there? It must be a bad sign when your screen just goes black for a couple of seconds and then comes back, huh? I am so not wanting to spend money on a new laptop this year. I did buy an external hard drive recently just to keep everything backed up.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 AM   #42  

Hello ladies!

It's near the end of the month, so you may know why I'm here! I've posted the April exercise thread and it's time to set your goals!

For those of you who don't know, we are trying to get in the habit of regular exercise, so we set goals in MINUTES of exercise we hope to do for the month. I recommend you start LOW if you're just getting started, and don't worry about comparing your minutes to anyone else.

The part that makes it more fun is that we track our group minutes and are working on a goal of 200,000 minutes this year (we were really close last year!). We need all the help we can get, so your minutes WILL help.

You can start at whatever level you're at, and as long as it's intentional exercise, there's lots of things you can count!!!!!

If you have any questions, please pm me, but I encourage everyone who's ready to head over to the April exercise thread.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #43  

Bootales -- I do yoga and really enjoy it, but I didn't start until I was smaller.
However, this topic just appeared on the 100 pound club and you can read it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108057

Terri -- make sure the connections between the computer and the monitor are solid! Sometimes that's all it is!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #44  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Bad Lilion! I haven't posted in days and only lurked occasionally. But I DO think about you guys!

I'm almost back to 223 I believe. I let myself backslide there for a bit and can't say I'm really OP yet, as I'm still having real problems getting in the exercise and journaling, but at least I'm back to watching what I eat and counting my points. I kept skipping The Infernal Machine this weekend, because I expected to help a friend move into her new second-floor apt, but she never moved! Now she's supposed to do it today and tomorrow! We actually have a meeting this afternoon, that I forgot all about, but she'll have to deal. We were planning on moving her last weekend.

Bootales- I don't believe we've met - HI! I have done yoga and love it! But I haven't done it in ages now. Even a beginner's class can be a bit ambitious for someone who isn't in fairly good shape. I was always very limber for my size, but when I took classes one teacher I could handle just fine. I swore the other one tried to kill me! And it was the same class! The Just My Size yoga dvd is really quite good and at the end of the dvd it has a section about adapting the workout for plus-sized bodies. Another decent one is "Yoga for the Rest of Us". It shows the stretches and poses either "normally" or using a chair for assistance. Only problem with that one is the woman's voice is very monatone and I just want to say "GET ON WITH IT!" Which makes it less than relaxing.

Terri, I pulled into our Wal-Mart parking lot this weekend and it was a sight! They must have 40 Bradford Pears planted on that lot, all in full bloom! Darn things do break easy though. A instant teenager, huh? That could be - interesting. I think the only reason people don't kill teens (and pre-teens) is that by the time they get there you've invested so much time in them! You may want to remind her of that - and the fact that you haven't invested that time!

Angela: Meeting your goal once is better than not meeting it at all! Keep trying!

Everyone else- Sorry, out of time! Got to run but I'm rooting for you!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #45  

Thumbs up Thanks for the yoga tips

Thanks all (including the ones on the other thread)...I've started poking around Amazon. I must say, I never thought I'd be a gym member, either, but the one I joined (local Curves outlet) is like an extended family and I don't feel the least bit out of place there, so maybe I'll even gather up the courage to go talk to the local yoga centre about my concerns.

Computer monitor problems...you may be experiencing power dips. Most people use a power bar with surge protection, but frequent dips in power can be just at damaging. I zapped 2 motherboards before the guys at work finally touched on the power dip theory. After investing about $150 (Cdn) on a UPS (uninterruptable power supply...it's basically a battery pack about 1/4 the size of your tower, that you plug your computer and monitor into, then you plug the UPS into a surge-protected power bar, and that into the wall), no problems whatsoever. And I know it's saved me several times because I've heard its 'humming' sound when the battery kicks in. I am not a geek! My level 57 druid will back me up on that...

Not stiff at all from yesterday's first official day back at the gym! (I did, however, slip getting into the tub this morning and that giant bruise hurts like the dickens ). I did my Richard Simmons workout today (have to start logging my minutes in towards the group goal). Tomorrow's goal - gym again.

I found a group of knitters who meet twice at month at the cafeteria in Ikea. I'm going to join them and see if I can pick up some tips for nifty scarves for next year's Christmas gifts. Besides, the Ikea mu-zack is so soothing.......

Oops, just heard my organic delivery guy outside, so now it's time to go put away the groceries. Take care!
Closed Thread