Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #16  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Bearcub, you can get the weight slider just by clicking on anyones slider. I think it will take you to the page where you can pick one out. Or maybe click on the USER CP on the top tab of the page?
Old 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #17  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey all thanks for the encouraging words. I didn't quite make it yesterday or today... a couple of hundred calories over both days. But I'm keeping track, and I know I haven't done as badly as I was doing for a while. I'm going to get back to exercise too, just starting with 10 minutes a day. I know I can do that much, and it's better than nothing. Tomorrow I'll check in again, whether I make it or not.

Heather, I'm glad you enjoyed the spa treatment. I was so happy when I finally found a nonjudgmental place to get my hair done!

Terri, I know what you mean about being stuck. Struggling feels like it's my address these days. Any idea what the roadblocks are? I know mine: Depression, disorganization, overcommitment in my work life. Not getting enough sleep, not keeping regular hours, not planning my food. I think that's enough, lol. But now the trick is to figure out what can be done about them.

Have a great Wednesday, all.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- I bet you're at the point where 200 calories over will STILL have you losing!!! Let us know!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I won't have time to post in the morning as I have to be at work before 8:30 for a HR class.

I've entered all my food into balancelog and for two days, I'm within my calorie budget. I've managed to get my calories down to around 1300 per day. I'm trying to see if this will jump start the scale. I've been very honest with my calculations and I've not been sneaking any chocolates at work either. That seems to be a problem if I let it.

Angela - The big thing is that you're being accountable. For me, I think the struggling comes from the fact that I've been stuck for so long. Its a vicious circle - I tell myself I'm trying really hard, yet a part of me is afraid that nothing will happen no matter how hard I try, and I choose to take in extra calories and pretend that I'm not. So guess what, I don't lose. I think the other part of it is the ongoing stress at work and needing something that is comfortable and something that I don't have to work at. I hope that you get more balance going in your life.

Heather - The spa day sounds wonderful. What a great treat!

KarenNJ - Did you get in any exercise today? Hope you day continued well.

Bearcub - I need to get more exercise, I could use some new brains.

Lilion - Great job on getting on the IM, no matter how long it was. That's a big step to getting back in the groove. Gotta take step one. Are you getting caught up at work at all?

Well, I need to go put up a couple of loads of clean laundry before going to bed.

Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #20  

Default Ah, a new day.

Isn't it great? The sun comes up, it's a crisp (read brrrrr) day, but it's a new start. My blood sugar was 115 because I remembered to take my metformin last night. I won't get to the Y today I know but I'll be walking a lot because I'm going to my local school to help some teachers so I'll be walking from room to room most of the day.I probably should get a pedometer and keep track of my steps. I had one years ago but it died because of the load of dust it accumulated!
Hope everyone has a good day.
Bearcub
Old 03-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #21  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Happy First Day of Spring ...

Hi Ladies ~ We had a fun day; it started off with white-out snow, then light flurries, then rain ... all in one day; but, at least it was mild and spring-like.

to CASSIE AND BEARCUB ~ we all have such similar stories to tell; it's kind of eerie almost. You must be using a different kind of blood sugar gauge or your sugars are very, very high. I am on metformin also, but am managing to keep my sugars mostly in the 5-6 range, which I'm told is very good (anything under 7 is great). Best wishes for that.

FITDAY says I'm supposed to eat about 2200 cals a day, which is pretty close to what I was doing. I was aiming for between 2000-2100 cals daily; but, I like to focus on the portions more. When taking MET, you have to make sure to eat enough, or you'll feel sickly.

I feel bad for some of you that your lives are so hectic, with heavy work schedules, interviews, schooling, and families. We all have different kinds of challenges, I think ~ mine just happen to be mostly physical.

I've been nursing my bad knee again; fell on some ice last Thursday, and popped it out again. It'll take a while to heel, so I'm back to RTM's, chair aerobics, hand-weights, and indoor walking. The worst part is dealing with the pain, and being patient; so, I'm staying home a lot this week.

Hope you all have a good OP week, or as close to it, as you can get. Take care ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking Saying HI

Hi Ladies
I am so sorry for not being here as often as I said
BUT I finally got my alone time and computer time so I thought I stop by to see how ya'll are doing?

This past year has been very rough for me, but my faith and GOD has brought me comfort and you all my friends. I also know that I will see my little boy in Heaven when it's my time.

Just to let you all know, I haven't been losing weight, well I do but I end up gaining it back. I think now that I have added more days to my Curves workout that it well help.

Well got go, but I wil be back for the weekend gets here. Have blessed week ladies and I'll talk to ya'll lighter
Old 03-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls,

I've had three really good food days. I've logged it all and have kept within my target calorie range. Logging it with the balance log is helping me to see where I can make changes to save calories for things more nutritional, like protein. I'm going really low on the starchy carbs this week. The scale was kind this morning. I would really like to be able to keep this up until the end of April and then see what if I can increase calories for the summer. Heck, I'm already thinking long term and really my first focus is just to get back under 260.

Joe Anne - Great to see you. I'm so glad that you're healing from your loss. You're right, you'll see Riley again when its time. Take care!

Rosebud - Ouchy! Sorry about the knee. I'm with you on the pain - my foot still isn't better and I'm tired of it. But looks like you've got some good alternative exercises planned so good for you! It would be so tempting to just take it easy on the couch. You're also right in that we also have our own challenges - and they can be challenges or moutains - just depends on how we look at them, isn't it?

Bearcub - Don't you just love cool, crisp mornings? Just something so revitalizing about them. I did say crisp too - not frigid cold! Definitely count that walking around the school as exercise. It burns calories so it counts.

to everyone else! Have a great day! This is my Friday so I'll be thrilled for quitting time tonight!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #24  
aka Karen

Good evening everyone! I am down another half a pound...whooppee!! I'll take it, especially after the week I had! So far today, my eating is ging very well and I actually logged in over 20,000 steps on my pedometer today! Flea Markets will do it everytime! I think that is about 5 miles or so? That will surely help the cause, right!

Rosebud, man, I can relate to knee problems. I was diagnosed with Degenerative Joint Disease about 4 years ago. I know some of it is weight related, but my entire life I had very physically demanding jobs, too. Ice is a definite NO-NO! I wish you well and send lots of hugs for a quick recovery. Your attitude sounds great, though!

Determined, sounds like you are having super success!! Kee p up the great work!

Joe Anne, we haven't met yet, but Welcome Back!!

Cassie,

To any chickies I missed
Old 03-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #25  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Good afternoon chickies!

Wooohooo!!!! Spring Break!!

So what do I do on my first day off??? Laundry, dishes, clean the house. Oh well....I have a "special friend" visiting next week, have to get myself all frillied up! I'll let you know how it goes.

Meowee - I don't think i've ever seen you before, Thanks for the info.

Bearcub - Glad you're feeling better! Very nice on the ticker too!

Karen - on the loss and the clean eating today! I have to agree with you on the "IT" that this site has. There is no where else I can talk about what i'm going through and have not just one, but thousands of women know EXACTLY what i'm talking about! My girlfriends try, but either they don't want to hear it because they are having their own issues about weight and don't want to think about me doing something about it or they've never been heavy and can't identify.

Angela - Did you make it?

Terri - What class are you taking? I'm in Employment Law right now and Human Resources Information Systems.

Rosebud - It's hard to think of you guys still getting snow, it's been so nice out here. I have to keep my windows open to get the breeze going. Any hoo...I can identify with the knee problems. I had a boyfriend back in highschool that was a quarterback. We were playing around and he thought he was going to tackle me. Well...I wasn't going to go down, so he PUT me on the floor...RIIIIP...My knee went in the opposite direction, thought I was going to die! It's never been the same. On your eating, can you do more frequent smaller meals? I eat every 2-3 hours and it helped me more than anything else.

Joanne - Welcome back. One day at a time!

Terri - Sounds like a good plan!

Last edited by cantforgetthis; 03-22-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #26  

I think the knee problems are the scariest part of being overweight (except for what my sister had to go through.) I fell once two years ago outside one of the schools I work in. No one saw me. I missed the sidewalk, turned my ankle and hit the ground on my right knee, right hip, and left palm. I lay there for a few minutes assessing myself to see if I broke anything. Fortunately I hadn't, but there was NO ONE around to help me get up. It took me several minutes to manuver myself into position to get up and hobble to my car. I was crippled up for several days afterward. So now I use a walking stick I got at a hiking store when I have to walk on uneven pavements. It gives me a little support and security. One of my goals is to lose weight so I won't be in pain when I want to move around.
Reading all your logs gives me encouragement. It's a daily task isn't it?
My goal tomorrow is to uncover my treadmill which is currently standing in my living room serving as a place to hang clothes! I'll let you know my progress on that end.
Bearcub
Old 03-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4" (and a half)

Red face Hi, I'm a newbie, 43, depressed, undergoing reno's...

Hi everyone! I've happened upon your site and so far just love it! Thanks for putting this together!

I've been reading some of the postings, starting with the 300+ and then venturing into the 40+ area. I'm probably around 350 now. Have lost 100 pounds twice, and twice gained it all back (plus some). Now I'm 43 years old and beginning to feel hips and knees and back problems creeping in. My home has just finished being completely reno'd (it's a rental, so beyond my control) over the past year and half. My mom's having major health issues. My siblings are at war. I've been off work for nearly 4 months for depression. And I'm a compulsive / emotional overeater.

But I refuse to give up! I've joined an organic home delivery service and gone back to the gym and this time I'm not telling anyone. I think that was my downfall. As soon as they know, they watch, and they notice, and they comment, and then I feel pressure to perform as it were (all in my head, I'm sure, but still real to me) and then I feel like I've let them down, so what's the point, might as well enjoy the food and take life easy. So, this time, no one knows except me. And if one day someone says 'hey have you lost weight' I'll look dumbfounded and say something like 'gee I don't know, I'm not trying to lose weight' and then they'll drop the subject.

That's my theory this time around, anyway! I'm truly inspired by everyone here and I hope to get to know you all better. Thanks for sharing your stories!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #28  

Default Welcome Bootales

Welcome!Bootales! I can relate. I have been over 300 lbs. for too many years. I lose a little and then gain it back. Sometimes the food seems soooo much more friendly than the gym. I've been donating to the Y for several months now! I agree though, talking about it makes it harder. Check out the Volumetrics food plan. I'm using that and it makes sure you are filled up on good stuff without overdoing calories. I think the fact that you've already lost 100 lbs. before is amazing. If you did it before you can do it again.
The people here are very supportive and it helps to check in and hear how everyone is doing and get encouragement from people who have been where we have been. I think my worst time was being on a plane and having someone ask to change seats because they were uncomfortable sitting next to me. That was a real downer for me. But rather than feel sorry for myself, I've decided to make it a motivator for my weight loss.
I'm keeping a food log which seems to help me focus on when I'm eating and what I'm eating so that I don't eat unconsciously. I also try to work on my cross stitch when I'm watching TV because then I can't be eating.
Take it one day at a time. We're all in this together!
Bearcub
Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #29  
aka Karen

WELCOME BOOTALES!! Your story sounds like mine and probably a bunch of others here as well. I have been here three weeks and have not told anyone in my life that I am doing this. Not even hubby. He is one of those that gets insecure when I start loosing weight, although I have been telling him I have to start getting healthy to get my BP down, becasue I refuse to take the meds for it. It's so true, what you said. The minute other people "know" they turn into the "food police"! "Are you sure you should be eating that"?? "Is that on your diet?" It's enough to make wanna eat something! BEEN THERE!!

You will find tremendous support here unlike anything you have tried before. Good luck to you on your healthy new lifestyle!

Terri, yes I know what you are saying. This is the BEST place to come and VENT!!

Bearcub, good luck uncovering that treadmill! Start out very slow, even if it's only a minute at a time. You will eventually build up your "tolerance" for walking strong. Keep up the super attitude! PS, I chew on ice cubes throughout the day. Satisfies my need for "chewing" and my water intake!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Rosebud -- ouchy on the knee. I have knee problems too, from time to time. I really had a bad knee at my highest weight!!

Karen (breathless) -- 20,000 steps is probably closer to 10 miles than 5 (depending on how your pedometer is calibrated!) WTG!!!

Welcome, Bootales!!! 3fc is really a great place!
Closed Thread