Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #91  

Height: 5'6"

Good for you Jilly! In the past, putting together healthy lunches was my downfall. However, we are cooking enough for several leftover meals that get put into single serve containers and into the freezer. I am ofter running out the door and it is never hard to grab one on the go. It sets you up to stay OP.

I also make ahead some brown rice in a container that I can throw together some veggies and some type of bean for a good meal too. I cut up celery so I can make a quick snack with that and some baby carrots and a small container of salsa to dip them in.

You can do it!!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #92  

brenda i do struggle on the weekends cuz i tend to get lazy and dont want to cook or my hubby wants pizza and stuff like that. i am planning on doing better and stop my lazy weekend habits though beginning this week!
Old 02-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #93  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

not an easy thing to do huh Patti? I usually do all my cooking on sunday's for the week but havent done a thing so far today. I was thinking on chilli but I didnt pick up all the stuff for it. Maybe I will go look and see what I need....

I have been fighting the urge to bake today. I love baking I thought maybe I could make something and bring it in to work tomorrow. I have oodles of baking supplies in the pantry left over from christmas and I would love the extra space if I used it. I found a recipe for oatmeal peanut butter cookies that use pureed dates. Probably pretty tasty...

ok, so I am going to finish watching curling and then do SOMETHING in the kitchen... jilly has me inspired See, THATS why i love coming here

Brenda
Old 02-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #94  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya ladies! I've had a bit of an ugh weekend really, nothing much great going on, kids were bickering, husband working overtime sat and altho at home today again nothing much going on...anyway was feeling really low this evening and sorry for myself, so just put on my trainers and went for a long power walk, really marching in the cold and light rain, but it made me feel sooo much better and much more in control ... So thats good, I hadn't exercised since Friday and I think I missed it! Thats a first for me!

Think part of the reason I feel low is that I weigh tomorrow and I am having next to no luck getting the scales to go down, I am exercising lots, drinking a bit of water, and my cals are around 2100 a day, I bet u I won't lose, its so depressing, I guess I'm just going to have to eat less until the weight goes down I just would love to see some results, a pound a week would be fine with me, in fact would be great. We'll see I honestly haven't been on them for a week, but feel quite bloated and ugh!!

Anyhoo at least I walked my butt off tonite!!

Hope y'all are doing ok?

Jilly - good for you for getting back in the saddle hun!!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #95  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

em~ Sorry you are having a rough time with the scales.... maybe u should hide them for a couple of weeks. Give them to a girlfriend and ask her NOT to give them back. Skip at least 1 WI. Just do what you are supposed to, exercise, eat right and.... don't drink a BIT of water... drink LOTS of water!!!! I'm sure when you WI you will be a-ok! My suggestion to you is to go to the kitchen and down about a litre or more of water.. RIGHT NOW! go on.... i'll wait It will SO help you in your weigh in tomorrow

ok so I made a soup... lots of spices, chicken, beans, spinich, mushrooms, salsa... hopefully that will get rid of my.... I wanna eat BAD food cravings that I get when Steve is working *L* I did the math and there isnt many calories in the WHOLE pot so I can eat till I finish the whole thing if I want and still be ok for the day I certainly wont eat the whole pot but its nice to know that I can if I lost my control

off for now...

Em, I'm still waiting for you to drink that water.......

Brenda
Old 02-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #96  

weekends are tough thats for sure. at least i made a big veggie soup so i can eat heathy this week!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Finally feeling up to writing. I had another bad weigh in yesterday that put me in a funk. I am perplexed but I have still been op and exercising. Maybe the stupid scale will go the right way next week.

Sharon: Good luck with the new program you are thinking about.

Mechelle: I hope your Blood pressure has already gone down some thanks to the pills.

Emilymay: I feel ya honey about the stupid scale. I have been a ww angel and haven't strayed in three weeks from my diet. I have exercised every single day and for the past two weeks I have gained weight. GO figure. Hoping you have good luck tomorrow with the scales.

Catherine: Hope your MIL stops her fun and games soon. Hugs.

Sandy: Thank you for the great advice. I am going to take it and not say anything to those girls at work about their potty mouths unless they call me a nasty name directly. Then I will tell them I don't like it. Thanks for the words. Sorry about your SD being such a poo. Hope she goes to live elsewhere.

Jilly: Great job on making lunch things ready for the week. I hope that helps you tremendously.

Hugs to you all.
Blessings,
annie
Old 02-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #98  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. i am sooo tired, my work schedule this week really sux, and its been very busy! i really really need a vacation , soon
JILL: the food you cooked sounds so good, its making me want to cook something too! i tend to rely too much on lean cuisines or the like, as my schedule is so full. maybe i can cook some things later in the week.
SANDY: im sorry your having trouble with your SD. I hope things get better for you, if shes a teenager, that says it all, they are so difficult!
CATHERINE: hugs to you and what your facing with your MIL. its really sad when others try to make someones life miserable, because they are unhappy. i hope it all blows over.
MECHELLE: hope your feeling better, and hope your blood pressure gets better.
PATTI: weekends are harder for me too, when i am off. evryone wants to go out and eat!
EM: i agree with brenda's advice, dont weigh this week, and drink lots of water. you will see a loss.
BRENDA: sounds like you are doing wonderful with your food plan. keep up the good work!
SHARON: hope you are doing well.
AMMI: how are you
ANNIE: i know the frustration of doing everything right and not seeing a loss. could it be water retention or something? i know you will see a loss too. how is your job going?
As for me, on the food and excersise front, i am great. on the "i work too much" front, im not. i seriously want/need to lessen my work load, so i can enjoy other things. i think in the past, my xtra wt became a motivator of sorts for me to be "the hardest worker, the one that never called in, etc". i need to think of a plan to work less. my weigh in is wed, and i am hoping for a loss. unlike many of my friends, i totally avoid the scale until tues, as seeing the numbers flucuate, freak me out!! im expecting TOM, so hopefully it wont mess me up. I hope everyone has a wonderful week, stay focused, determined, and never give up!! we can all do it, and remember its not a race, we will get there when we get there
Peace
Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #99  

Annie hang in there you are doing great you may be building muscle and then soon the lbs will follow!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:49 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

The March exercise thread is open -- set your goals!!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with our exercise thread... we set goals for number of minutes to exercise for the month, then we report our minutes over the month. Provides some great accountability -- at least for me.

What's more fun, is that we keep track of the minutes we exercise as a GROUP. Last year we exercised nearly 200,000 minutes! That's a LOT of exercise!!! I hope to pass that goal this year, but to do so, we need LOTS of participation!!!!!

So, please, if you've never joined us, consider it. You don't need to set a big goal. In fact, you may be better off starting small and building! But you can help us reach our goal!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #101  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much for the input ladies, I didn't see it until after I weighed though!! lol Anyway I DID LOSE!!!! 3 MAGICAL POUNDS!!! I AM DELIGHTED!!! Seriously - this is a MAJOR thing for me becos honestly since my menopause I have become convinced the weight is going to stay on no matter what I do, but maybe starting the exercise has paid off!!! Went to gym this morning too and did a power walk last nite. SO I am actually enjoying the gym, I get a few sideways glances as if to say I don't belong there, but I WORK IT!! AND look PROUD and with my workout I am saying I DO BELONG HERE!!!!!!

Yeee- hah!!!

Ecstatic!!!

Wahoo I lost some weight!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #102  

way to go Emily on losing 3 pounds!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Emily -- congrats for not only losing the weight, but maybe more importantly, conquering the GYM!! Exercise is helpful in so many ways, if we can only get ourselves to do it! It's certainly my biggest challenge!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

STOP
PLEASE DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE
JOIN US ON THE NEW WEEKLY THREAD #1095
SEE YOU THERE
Closed Thread