Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Well I am pleased to report that I am not aching one tiny little bit after my gym work out yesterday. I thought my thighs might be sore after that demon elliptical machine, but they are fine. Mind you, I am sure had I not been working out so much in the last 10 months I WOULD have been crippled after yesterday Daren has a bit of soreness in his abs, but nothing too bad. We are both definitely looking forward to going again next week.

Patti - good luck at your WI today, I hope the FFM will be kind to you I know you don't plan on weighing, but I am sure that curiosity will get the better of you

Good for you for not 'forgetting' that hubby promised to set up the Wii, make sure you start nagging him when he gets home. Maybe you could forget to cook his meals til he remembers to set the Wii up

Kymberly - that's great news that your team is still in the top 3 of the contest. Do you think there's chance of hitting the top spot?

Sandy - cabbage brain here I did remember that you told me you were taking Abby to Chuck E Cheese for her birthday. The sledding afterwards sounded fun too, it sounds like she had a wonderful day.

Yes it's school holidays here, the kids have been off for a week. As you know Beth is at her dad's, but she'll be back on Sunday in time for school on Monday.

As for your question about working out with weights. I have two DVDs that incorporate weight training with aerobic work out. They both say that you should alternate your work outs, weight training one day, aerobics the next to give you the best results.

Chimi - great news on losing a kilo, you are doing great

I better go exercise now, we are going to town later and I won't feel like exercising after that. So take care all and I will be back later.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #62  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya gals! Just a quickie to say that I went to the gym again this morning - Ammi - I can go at about 9am to fit it in before college but 6.30 am to fit it in before work, some shifts start at 7am so thats too early to fit it in before hand. I LOVE the gym!! It is such hard work, but its so great and I am really really feeling the difference in my body! Its soo cool, do hope that translates into a loss on monday, but u know what??? - WHATEVER!!! Even if I never lose another pound at least by training I will be fat and fit!! Better than fat and flabby

Right now I am anxiously waiting to hear if I have passed an assignment - there are no grades for this one, just pass or fail and if I fail I know I will feel upset as I really did try my best. Still we'll see in 20 minutes!!!

Em xx

Ps KIM - very well done on coming 3rd in the competition, you sound like you are so in the zone and Lilion well done on moving it downwards hun!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #63  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey girls!
How is everyone making out this week? I see some of you are OP and some are struggling. I myself have struggled a bit this week. I was down with a head cold for 3 days and havent exercised all week. I'm feeling better however I have my WI in an hour and THAT kinda freaks me out. I know I have to bottle that feeling and make sure I use it to my avantage this coming week and make sure it is a good one I will let you all know when I get home how things went.

Patti~ I LOVE WII!!! Boxing can be a brutal workout!! Did you get the 2nd nunchuk so you and someone else can box each other? Wow, we did and I am really surprised that I am not sure. They great thing is my hubby hasnt beat me yet. I get pretty intense

Ammi~Good going on the gym I'm proud of you! I am so happy that you enjoyed it!!! Look out once you start to tone!!! Darren wont be able to keep his hands off you even more!

Kymberly~ on your WI!!! You should be proud!

Chimi~ a kilo is a bit over 2 lbs isnt it? Either way, a loss is a loss and each loss is wonderful!!!!!

Lilion~ A note on something I watched the other day. There is a fat hormone (starts with a c but the name has slipped) and when you are stressing even if it is over weight loss (like you are) it kicks into over drive and will not let your body lose any weight. They said that you have to relax and not stress over a #. I know that is easier typed than done Just thought that maybe you would like to hear that it isnt something you are doing, it is something that maybe you arent doing....relaxing! Maybe try changing the ""goal"" and try losing 102 lbs instead. Mind over matter?

ok... I have to go, maybe I will box for a bit before I go for my WI.

Brenda
Old 02-23-2007, 07:33 AM   #64  
EmilyMay is on her way!

I Passed!! Yeah!!! Lots of fails too on this one so I got lucky!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:30 AM   #65  
trying again!

Hi again

Well, after having a crappy food week, even though I ate what I was told plus more, and literally no exercise.... I lost 4 more lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That brings me to my lowest in 15 years!!!

Sorry to those that are struggling. I don't mean to rub it in.... I'm just really proud

Brenda
Old 02-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Brenda, YOU DESERVE IT!!!! & WELL DONE!!! I am struggling BUT enjoy everyone's sucesses vicariously. I'm sure others feel the same too.xxxxxxx
Emilymay, WELL DONE TOO!!!!!! I hated waiting for results, tests or assignments, I always thought of things I could have done/said/written AFTER the fact, lol. How long now before you are a 'REAL', lol nurse? Is it still a degree course?xxxxxx
Sorry for no other personals, I'm fed up & not really up to being 'chatty'. THOUGH Nancy, your post gives me hope that maybe one day Gareth (high functioning Autistic) can live a 'normal' life like your bf, or ex-bf. I hope evrything goes well for you & I now understand how you agonised so much over splitting up with him. BIG HUGSxxxxxxxx
xxxsharon
Old 02-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #67  
trying again!

Thanks Sharon

Time to go haul the furniture out of the bedroom.... Doing some painting in there today and tomorrow. Chocolate brown paint for the walls... I cant wait I love the color... Buying a new bed frame as we broke the other one I love redecorating
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #68  

Morning everyone!

Ammi – So glad you like the gym! I always liked it when I went, other than the standing around waiting for the right machines, but we just somehow never found time to go!

Emily May Good for you!

Brenda – First - You should be so PROUD of that loss! Four lbs is GREAT! You've worked so hard! Second - Thank you (for lots of stuff). You know, I've heard the same thing about stress and weight loss. Between being so obsessed with getting my weight down more and work, I'd say I'm in stress-city right now! You know, it's kind of funny. I always considered myself a fairly laid-back kind of person. I said that to my husband once and he looked at me in utter disbelief! According to him, I'm not exactly high-strung, but definitely an "easily excitable" person. I suppose he's right.

I was SO tired when I got up this morning! Two cups of coffee later and I was finally ready for the evil elliptical, but I did the simplest program it has other than just going without using one and only did 20 minutes. Felt like hours this morning. I have NOT been sleeping well. Anyway, I also parked over ½ mile from work for the extra 10 minutes of walking. It's supposed to be over 60 degrees today! Unfortunately, at the moment it's about 36 – I thought I'd freeze! At work now though and ready for my day. My DS is spending the night with a friend, so DH and I have the house all to ourselves for a change on his night off! Whatever will we do????

Got to get moving for now. Later ladies!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- So glad to hear you're not sore! As for me, I first tried ellipticals after we joined our first gym, probably last January. I weighed around 240 at the time!

Lilion -- Getting to these big milestones is daunting! You ARE getting there. And remember, you aren't going BACK, you are maintaining a large weight loss. Yes, you're losing slowly, but it IS happening!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #70  

Ammi - Good for you for going to the gym!! Even once a week is good I think. I am too embarassed at my weight to go to one at this point. We are going to go out this weekend and get a stationary bike and that will be a start for exercise for me!!

Lilion - Hang in there. As others have said, when stressed the body will hang onto every last bit of energy. Its a defense mechanism. When things get less crazy the scale will drop, I just know it.

Chimi - Woohoo on your loss!! Good on ya!

Em - Congrats on the pass. That is terrific! Also..good for you for getting to the gym!

Brenda!! What a nice reward for you! You are doing something right!

I have started to take the stairs at work, rather than the elevator. I am also parking further away in the lot, to get more walking in. Did I mention the LONG walk to the restroom? Did I mention I am drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day?? Sometimes its a very FAST walk!! I liked the idea of parking 1/2 mile from work. That is a great idea for when the weather improves here.

Anyway...have a great day all.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #71  
EmilyMay is on her way!

Brenda - wow lightest in 15 years, thats amazing, u must feel on top of the world!!

Sharon - I am doing a diploma in nursing, I have done 2.5 years and I finish this July I cannot wait to finish, its been such hard work!! I do have a degree however, a BSc in Anatomical Sciences and hope to do a masters in nursing once qualified! What is your MA in??

Torister - sounds like u are building some great habits!

Thanks for the well dones everyone I am so relieved to pass, I went into college and there were a lot of fails, so sad faces around,

I am going swimming tonite too, so for the first time in YEARS I will have exercised in the morning and the evening!! lol

Em
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #72  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

OK – I have been trying to find a few minutes all day to post and it has just been too busy. I am leaving the office today at 3:00 to head to my parents for the weekend and probably won’t have internet access (unless I borrow one of their computers).

My big news was that I formally broke it off with my BF last night in the counseling session. I was the one who did most of the crying, but I know that he was pretty upset. I think we will be able to stay friends, and in fact, I really think that is what we probably should have been all along. I am still feeling a bit numb about it. I am sure it will all sink in much more over the near future when we changes start happening. I know that it was the right thing to do, but change is never easy.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #73  
trying again!

Nancy~
I am happy to hear that you have finally made your decision. Now you can start to heal and move forward. Things can only get better from here.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend. You have been working so hard and been under so much stress that you deserve it.

Brenda
Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #74  
EmilyMay is on her way!

Nancy - I'm sure that feeling numb is par for the course, as in to be expected when such a massive change is on the cards - good luck with the future, its onwards and upwards now!!

I've just been swimming, only 30 mins as the pool was shutting, but managed to do 20 lengths in that time, not bad!!

Have a great weekend
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #75  

Ammi good idea and fixing my hubbys supper or not lol1 i have busy really busy away from home today so i didnt weigh i think i will wait til next friday though just in case!
brenda way to go on the 4 pounds gone that is great! no i didnt think of getting a 2nd nunchuk but maybe i will... isnt the WII great?!
Closed Thread