Old 11-03-2004, 04:33 PM   #16  

Hello all.......

RR: Thanks for checking in, glad they were able to go ahead with the surgery. Sending get well wishes that she gets back to normal soon!

Karen: Cute pictures, especially the one in the dressy outfit.

Well it looks like things might be getting better with the house. Boy I am glad. THey are going to finish tiling the island in my kitchen and the back porch tomorrow and Friday, and then we have to get one more coat of varnish on the doors, and then the plumbers have to come back and install the misc parts that were not included with our special order shower kit. So hopefully, next Tues or Wed we can get our final inspections and get power on.

Talk to you all later
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:01 PM   #17  

Karen - really cute pics!

Rr - glad surgery is over with and hope she gets feeling better soon.

I have piano lessons tonight and have been very lax about practicing this week. uh oh.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:33 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Ok I have to admit it was a really bad day yesterday so instead of stopping at Subway I went to Burger King, and I got a chocolate milkshake. Today I did much better though. (No chocolate)
RR - I know how bad ear aches can be. I used to get them all the time, still do every now and again. I also had tubes put in my ears twice, and all the other stuff too. I eventually out grew them. Not that its very comforting. I loved the picture of the little boy, I'm sorry I didn't get the name.

I was wondering how to get my goal and progress on a line like some of the other people. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:28 AM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Lisa, that's from tickerfactory.com. I will warn you though, there's been an overload of them recently, and it's been slowing the loading time (ticker factory & 3FC) down for some people. Glad you did better yesterday than the day before!

Rabbit, when did you start taking piano lessons? Did you ever play when you were a kid? I begged my mom for piano lessons when I was little, around 9 or so, and she bought me a used piano and sent me for lessons...well, I hated to practice, so she finally stopped! I regret not sticking with it, I wish I could play.

Jackie, glad things are looking up with the house.

RR, glad everything went well! Hope Kaylee is feeling better today.

Peter's entering the clingy stage I think. Either that or it's leftover anxiety from us leaving him for our trip. The past two days at daycare he is freaking out when I try to leave him! He cries and says Up Mommy, Up, Up!! It's heartbreaking.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #20  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone is having a super morning. Alex decideed he didn't need sleep last night, so guess who else didn't get any. I'm a grumpy bear this morning!

Lisa: You can go to your user CP and create a signature. You can put whatever you want in the signature: your goal wt, current wt etc. It would look like Lauren's signature. The same thing will appear everytime you post a message.

Lauren: Are the tickers really slowing things down? I'll take mine down. I didn't know they were causing a problem. Ohhh. What an awful way to start the morning. That would be so hard. I hope he gets back into the routine soon.

Gotta go. Little guy needs me.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:44 AM   #21  
LBH

Karen, there was a discussion about the tickers, basically, whenever a new one is added, it just takes longer for the page to load, because it's a picture from another site, you know? Once it's cached, everytime you load, it's right there...KWIM? Apparently tickerfactory is getting a lot of traffic these days and it's slowing them down. It's really an individual thing. I personally don't notice any difference...no need to remove yours!!

You know, you guys can add custom siggys too, like the signature cards you see on other boards. I don't see many here, but I do have one on the other board I post on, a parenting board.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #22  

hello.

Lauren - I started taking piano lessons in the summer. No, I had no music lessons as a child and have never even read music before. So I've got a lot to learn! ~ Hope Peter gets over the clinginess. Sounds like it could be from your trip.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #23  

Thanks so much for the info I think I got it.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Just checking in: been super busy lately ~ my parents when to the Oregon coast for a week, so I am short babysitters. DH took DS to "the golden dragons" chinese acrobat show last night and I fell asleep nursing Anna, didn't wake till they got back at 11:00. Scot said Wil(2) was really good and sat in his seat through the whole thing.

Welcome lisa! - I'd give you a bunch of tips, but none of them are working for me so far. I can at least say that I haven't gained any weight in the last 4 months. This week I bought a bunch of cliff bars. I have been eating one just as I leave school. My biggest problem eating of the day is when I walk into my mom or grandma's house, haven't eaten anything all afternoon, and graze for 2 hours till I take the kids home. They both keep lost of junk food, candy, and homemade treats all over. My idea with the Cliff bars is that if I walk in there house 20 minutes after a snack, I will be less likely to eat. It is kind of like the theory where you have dinner before you go to a party and then make sure you do not stand next to the food table. So far I haven't been that successful. About 1-3 evenings I have the cliff bar and still eat when I get home.

Rabbit: We are getting ready to go to a wedding in April. We will be gone 10 days and are leaving both kids with my parents. I am still a bit freaked out about leaving them behind, plus I am going to have to either wean Anna, or pump the whole time I am gone so I can continue nursing when I get back. She will be 10 months at the time. The wedding is going to be on the carnival cruise ship "miracle".

sorry to hear about your friend miscarrying, it sounds really aweful.

My friend ~ the one who I made the baby quilt for ~ just had her baby, but something is wrong. At first it wouldn't breath, now he is breathing and eating, but has no muscle tone. They are sending the baby home, but said he might not live to be 2. I guess it is a genetic problem. The whole thing is terrible, I have been getting updates from her best friend and neice almost everyday, but I haven't called her. For one, she has been at the Ronald McDonald house in a town 2 hrs away for about 2 weeks, but also, I just don't know what to say. I almost feel guilty for having such perfect little kids of my own.

Still really struggling with eating. I have been as off track as almost possible the last few months. I have been haphazardly keeping a journal to watch for what all the trigggers are. I know what they are, but am still overeating.

Last edited by morrigan; 11-05-2004 at 08:02 AM.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:11 AM   #25  
LBH

Hi All,

Morrigan, Sorry to hear about your friend's baby. I will pray for them. Good for you putting in the effort with the Cliff bars...I'm sure eventually they'll win out! I can't imagine leaving Peter for 10 days!! That's a long time to be pumping non-stop also. I honestly don't know if I'd do it. I mean, I nursed/pumped for Peter til just over a year, but I don't know if I could do it like that. Just remember if you decide to wean, you'll have to start at least a couple weeks before you leave, so she's not going cold turkey and both of you are miserable!

Had my 31 week appt. this AM. Have only gained 12 lbs. soo far. BP was great as usual. I passed my GTT w/flying colors (109). I start going every 2 wks. now, until 37 wks., then every week! WOW, time is flying!!
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 AM   #26  

Well I am proud of myself. I have two of my Christmas gifts out of the way! Also I normally wear a size 18 or 20 depending on the cut and today I put on a top that was a size 16. Anyways, I thought I would share my joy.

I am so sorry to hear about everyones losses, or at least losses to friends.

I have a suggestion for anyone that eats alot of (or a fair amount) of fast food. There is a documentary out called, Super Size Me. I had to watch it for a class, I would highly recomend it. You really don't want to eat it for a while. Plus the documentary isn't gross like some can be.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:08 AM   #27  
LBH

Lisa, CONGRATS!!!! Going down a size is a huge accomplishment!!

I'm going to start the new challenge thread today...we'll make it a New Year's Challenge, OK??