Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Peter having too much fun at breakfast this AM:

This is what happens when you don't take an afternoon nap...this was 7:15 last night!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:42 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

hello guys,

lauren: those are such cute pics!!! i guess he went to bed early last night?

rr: i kept meaning to tell you...i think we have the same diaper bag...eddie bauer back pack? i got that one so dh wouldn't be embarrassed to carry it.

well, we went to the pedi yesterday: 12 pounds 12 oz 24" so he is average. He got his three shots. (yuck) last night he was nursing and got cranky so i went to rock him. i got settled in the chair and he vomitted all over me. i took him to his room and dh took over so i could shower. i was only in there a couple mins and when i got out dh said he had just thrown up all over him. i went into his rooom and the baby was so pale i *totally* freaked out. omg, he looked dead. we called the pedi and she was totally unconcerned. she said it was probably something i ate and not the shots!!?? hello? i did not eat anything diff. so she said it was probably crying. he was only fussing not screaming his head off. it took him about ten-fifteen min to get his color back. ugh. i never want to go through that again. then at 5 this am dh woke up w/a back spasm. he was convinced he was dying and i was afraid he was having a kidney stone. i sent him into a hot shower and he came out a new man. whew. i'm exhausted. two sick boys in one night is too many!!

hope you guys are having a great day!!

Last edited by KarenK; 08-29-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #18  
LBH

That's scary Karen, I assume Alex is OK this AM?! Glad DH is OK! Hang in there!!

Here's what I deal with everytime The Wiggles are on!!

Old 08-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #19  
LBH

OK, one more!! This kid is soo funny these days, I'm getting camera happy!

Peter "helping" mom fold laundry!
Old 08-30-2003, 02:37 AM   #20  
Rattie Lover

Hi..

Do you have to have a baby/toddler to post in here? My kid is almsot 10! But I could sure post about her...LOL..Thanks!
Old 08-30-2003, 08:28 AM   #21  
LBH

Hi Noodles!! No, that's why we call it Kid Chat, not baby chat. It just so happens that the three of us have babies! You can be our voice of experience!! Tell us all about her!
Old 08-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #22  

Good Morning,

Sorry I forgot to mention in my other post that Alex was just fine after the puking incident. DH was also fine after the hot shower. We just needed some excitement around here I guess!!

Have any of you guys (BTW, HELLO NOODLES AND WELCOME!!) ever ordered anything from Ikea online? They do not give you shipping rates...you have to wait for them to call you and give you the price, then you decide whether or not to place the order. Is that the stupidest thing you ever heard?? So I am sitting at home on a nice enough Saturday waiting for Ikea to call. Who's stupider?? Them or me?? I'm seriously considering calling them and telling them to cancel the order.

Lauren: Those are awesome pics. Keep 'em coming. I need to get DH's camera out and take more pics. He has changed so much over the past two weeks. He hardly looks like the same child.

Noodles: Welcome to the group. We appreciate the voice of experience. We just happen to be three first time moms!! You also can let us know what to expect!! I'm last inline so I get the benefit of everyone else's experience!!

OK, gotta go. Hope everyone is having a super great day!!
Old 08-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #23  
LBH

Karen, I'm probably crazy, but I love going to ikea and looking at everything. I've never ordered online, but I remember looking at the sight and not being happy, because they don't show everything on the site! What are you getting?? We bought our entertainment center and two buffets there for around $500!! The one buffet we use as storage for plates, napkins all that stuff in the LR, the other has the microwave on it and all the corelle and that kind of stuff in it. I like that one and would like to get the hutch that goes on top of it someday.

Definitely get that camera out and go pic crazy!! I was a nut yesterday taking pics!!

We had another bad night. DH went to bed at 8:30, because he wasn't feeling well. I followed at 9:00. Peter was asleep by 8:00...no nap again. He woke up at 11:30, 2 something, and was wide awake at 4:00 w/DH. I got up at 5 because I heard him in the LR, so I fed him, he didn't want to go back to sleep, so I tried again at almost 6 and he finally went back to sleep. I did too, DH followed a little later. I got up at 7:30 again w/Peter, DH got up around 8. Peter finally went back to sleep at about 10:45. What funky hours we're holding here lately!!
Old 08-30-2003, 04:53 PM   #24  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok..this happened when I decided to take Kaylees pic unstrapped in the carseat and she decided to jump backwards and flip the carseat over..OMG I almost peed in my pants..I was shocked that I snapped the pic!!!

Lauren--Too cute!!! Petey is growing!!!

Karen--SOo glad Alex is better!! Yes, we do have the Eddie Bauer!!! That is the only one DH would even consider carrying!!!
I think the next carseat is the Eddie B black leather 3in 1..IT is sort of expensive but it matches my car!!!!

Well..I bit the bullet and bought the Honda Oddesey(cant remember how it is spelled) It is nice..I decided that I like the fold down seat factor in the Toyota Sienna and the Honda..I got the Honda fully loaded with leather etc for about $5000 less than they would do the Toyota....I am excited cuz Kaylee is alone in her own seat and will never be bothered by #2!!!!!!
THe nice thing is the door can be opened by the remote and I never have to sit Kaylee down to get her in the vehicle when my hands are full....

Noodles--Welcome!!!
Off to Walmart shop!!!!
V
Old 08-30-2003, 07:19 PM   #25  
Rattie Lover

Talking Hi Everybody!

Hi! What a nice welcome! I appreciate it! I am also a 1st time and a last time mom (had a hysterectomy). I would like to become a foster mom though, but I am waiting to get my medical problems all straightened out before I pursue that idea further. Here is a little story from my post on the PCOS page...I have also been doing that journal thing, but I only have 1 entry so far. I am not sure how to link it though to where you can see it? Anyhow..here goes...

I have been chatting online since 1991. I met my husband online on a local BBS (chat line & forum type of thing) in 1991. We have been together ever since. Our "Big 10" year annversary is this November 10th. I have worked on a few BBSes (chat lines, forum messages, etc) as a moderator & systems operator (SYSOP) and even ran my own for a bit, so I know what kind of time you put into this to make it work and keep people interested.
Now for the PCOS Part... I have had this disease for YEARS, but I didn't get an official diagnosis until 1998. I have never used birth control but got pregnant only 2 times in my life. 1st pregnancy was perfect, 2nd one was awful. I was pregnant with twins and mis-carried the 1st one and the 2nd one was a tubal that blew up inside of me and almost killed me. Right after that it seems like the PCOS got worse. I started getting the dry eyes, acne, hair growth (in places I did NOT want it), weight gain, itchy skin, heart arrythmias, missed periods, EXTREMELY tired all the time, feeling bloated, swollen, etc.
My 1st doctor put me on clomid, but that didn't help any cept make me cranky. Then we moved to a colder climate than what we were in before and I started getting REALLY sick. I went to the Drs. and it turned out I had 3 different forms of arthritis! I was on so many different drugs, pills, even chemotherapy for 3 years but I just continued to get sicker and sicker from all of these things so we finally moved in 2001 down to nice dry hot Arizona so my bones could de-frost and I could get somewhat better. Well, I got better arthritis wise, (I mean I still take Celebrex but I managed to get off of the chemo) but the PCOS just got worse and worse. I had damaged my liver from the chemo treatments, which in turn screwed up my pancreas/insulin levels along with the PCOS, so I became a borderline diabetic. Well, here I was thinking most of this was arthritis related, but then I went to my GYN (who actually took the time to take care of me) and he told me he believes all of this stems from the PCOS wrecking havoc on my chemical systems in my body. He also recommended a hysterectomy due to the fact that I had periods only every 3 months, but when I did, I would bleed so bad I would almost hemmorage and I'd get sick from that too! So this June, I went ahead and had the Hysterectomy (NO regrets btw!) and he got a chance to see the ovaries in person and guess what? Totally Polycystic..full of pus, cysts, underdevloped eggs, gunk, etc.. What a mess they were! If he could "repair" the ovaries, he didn't want to take them out because of my age (almost 33 here) so they wound up staying in. He cauterized the ovaries and drained out all of the pus and gunk.
I can tell you that as soon as I had this done, I felt so much better. It is very weird..it is like your body isnt "poisoned" and swollen anymore. Well ok I still am a little swollen from arthritis but I can definitely feel the difference otherwise! I dont get extremely tired like I use too, and I have lost 12 pounds since surgery! I am still not totally fixed though so now I am going to see an endocrinologist this Tuesday to start some form of medication for the PCOS, and hopefully with that and the work my Dr. did on my ovaries I will lose the weight a little easier. It really sucked because I couldn't lose very much weight, for YEARS, no matter what I did. I tried it all, including diet and exercise (I Love to skate, garden, bowl, etc.) nothing worked..I was in a depression, and in turn got snackier, and of course that didn't help matters any so I know how it is. I really do! if anyone could offer support on this disease it's me. Never give up!! That's my motto...I almost did and I am so glad I didnt!!

Well there ya go..thats my health summary in a nutshell. My life summary would be a lot longer so I'll just post the short version next time. No time now. We're headed out to dinner and the swap meet here in a few. The swap meet here is at NIGHT! It's so cool! Lots of goodies and stuff. I get my fruits and veggies here cause its alot cheaper and I like to support the local growers. Take Care!

(Tis me..always going every which way!)

Noodles
(Angel)

Here is an older photo of us..skinnier days!

Here is me now..with my friend in Oregon.

As you can see..I got a few pounds to lose! EEKS!
Ok One More Pic..(I'm having fun with the new pic thingy!)
I took this one in Sept. 2000. on the Oregon Coast with my then piece of junk digital camera. I was surprised this pic came out so well! I sent this into a picture contest and won! Now they use it for postcards, calendars, etc. so if you ever see this picture on a greeting card, its mine! hehehe
Old 08-30-2003, 08:48 PM   #26  
LBH

Angel, WOW, you sure have been through a lot!! Hopefully things stay on an upswing for you now! Great pics, love the beach one!

RR, So I take it Kaylee didn't launch herself off the table?!?! Geez!! Congrats on the minivan! I read a review somewhere awhile ago that said the Honda was the best. I haven't gone out looking at them, but I like the fact that the back window goes down in the Toyota...but not sure I need that feature. I also like the way the middle seat moves forward, so like, when you're at a light, and the baby spits out the sucky, you can just reach around and stick it back in!! That's my take on it!! Does the Honda do that? I'll probably look into the new Nissan Quest too, because DH's firm represents Nissan and they get special pricing on Nissan's.

Just got home from the IL's. Had a nice time, Peter was such a good boy! He actually ate cauliflower!! My MIL almost fell over, she couldn't believe he ate it!! It was mixed with his cereal, but still, I was shocked too. He also had some sweet potatoes.

He's crawling all over the place now! He started everything this week. He pulls himself to standing, crawls the right way, tries to walk...forgetting that he can't just get up and walk...you'd think he'd be soo tired out from all this new stuff that he'd sleep. I guess he's decided he doesn't want to take an afternoon nap anymore! Oh well...

Hope everyone's enjoying their long weekend!!
Old 08-31-2003, 02:34 AM   #27  

Hello guys,

Well, if your the type to check the time of posts you know that it is after 2am and I am still awake. I just can't sleep tonight. DH and Alex are snoozing away. Even the dog is snoozing. The cat and I are the only ones up. Geeze, I would love to be sleeping right now. We were watching a tape and I fell asleep just long enough to mess me up!! Ugh.

OK, our microwave totally died on us. Of course we happen to have the most expensive kind of microwave, one of the combo hood ones. We first decided not to replace it and just get a counter top one. We have NO cabinet space though. Then we decided to replace the convection oven(which we discovered tonight is ALSO broken) with a countertop micro/con combo. Then we thought about it some more and decided that since the current con oven is sitting on a butcher block we should replace the broken micro with a combo mic/con/hood. We gain the space on the butcher block and turn two appliances into one. I'm going to use the butcher block as an island. Anyone know how to get grease stains off of wood?? I had a placemat to catch the grease drips but DH often did not pay attention and there are a couple of stains. Whew, what a convaluted story.

RR: OMG!! I sure hope she was OK!! She seems to be quite the little daredevil. I hope she enjoys her new peace in the car.

Lauren: From my research on other sites...maybe Petey hasn't been sleeping well because he is working on so many milestones. The child does nothing halfway does he? All teeth at once, crawling, walking, standing all in a couple days. No wonder he's not sleeping!!

Angel: My goodness you have been through the mill. I'm an occupational therapist. If there is anything I can do to help with the arthritis (exercises or equipment info) please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer I probably know someone who does. I'm assuming you know all about paraffin which is the only thing I can think of right off the top of my head. Which joints are affected?

OK, I intend to go to church later this AM so I guess I better try to get some sleep. Hope you guys are all having sweet dreams about now!!
Old 08-31-2003, 05:20 AM   #28  
Rattie Lover

Angry Todays Day..Noodles Style!

Hi everyone!

Yea..I've been through the ringer and back..but it's ok. What didnt kill me made me stronger and I'm not dead so..I guess I am stronger. Mentally anyhow. Trying to get there physically again but after not being able to exercise much for months it has been tough! I have been REALLY sore after working in the yard every day but it seems like the soreness is getting less and less each day. Hubby and I are also going to start playing tennis & then swim our laps again this week so that will help some. Plus he promised me & the dog walks after dinner so he better follow through!

KarenK: I have never heard of paraffin. I am curious now! I will do anything to help the arthritis. I think I am doing ok because I managed to go off the chemo in December of 2001 and I have been managing with Celebrex. I still have bad days but not like when I lived in Oregon. I know the dry weather here in Tucson has helped tremendously. The only thing that really flares it up is when we get the monsoons and humidity (which we have now...ugh!). This sounds weird but I prefer it to be 100°+and dry than 90° and humid. You can really tell the difference in your bones/joints. I am affected everywhere just about cept maybe my ears. LOL! I just try not to let it get to me anymore...I was very angry when I was diagnosed, but now..I just think my lucky stars it isn't worse. I could of got diagnosed with something deadly...so I am grateful and I try to do what I can do to stay positive.

Well, I hope I didn't bore you all. I live a relatively boring life...Today was the same. I got up..got on the PC for a bit, then got ready and went to the swap meet to get my weekly fruits and veggies and of course I had to browse and I wound up bringing home some more goodies, but its fun! I got an older depression glass fruit platter(50 cents!), some antique horse playing cards (50 cents!), some really pretty gold metal dragonfly plant sticks (2 for $5.00!), Legos ($3.00 for 2 buckets full plus a carrying case), hand blown glass Angel fish (10 cents!), Giant ferret ball for the ratties ($1.00), thick white wood box for a plant or magazines or something($2.00!),2 miniature gumball machines ($2.00), some McD dolls & Kelly dolls ($1.00 for the bunch), and of course tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, cantelope & corn. After the swap meet, we went over to my aunts & I gave her 1/2 of my veggies. (She's on a limited income so I take her goodies whenever I can). Then we went to hubs work to pick up papers, then to jack N box for the starving child, then to Safeway for our BBQ tomorrow, now I'm home. See what I mean..boring! hehehehe but I like it that way. Keeps the stress level down.

Well, everyone have a good Sunday! I'll bore ya tomorrow about the BBQ and Pinochle with our friends.

Angel
Closed Thread