Why are people so mean?!?!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • As with many people n here I am writing a blog. Something to try and record how I'm doing, how I'm feeling etc but I have received some totally spiteful comments. I've had 2 lovely comments but about 5 horrible ones. Why do people have to be like that? If they didn't like what they were reading why didn't they just stop and move on? I don't mind constructive comments but why be spiteful?
    Has anyone else found the same thing? It's really got me down
  • Im sorry youve had to deal with that here! Ive only had one person write something negative on a thread of mine and i just blew it off everyone else has been very respective, supportive and helpful. Dont let it get you down theres so many other people on here looking to help people and give them support!
  • Just to clarify the comments are on my blog entries not on any threads here. Everyone on these boards has been very supportive
  • It's the internet hun.... unfortunately, a lot of very nasty negative people lurk on-line just looking for other people to be nasty to...

You have to consider the source.
    Those people have unhappy, hollow lives, and only feel better about themselves by hurting others... many are teens-- remember High school? (*EEK!*)

Their lives will NEVER get any better until they treat others as they want to be treated...
    Karma tends to come around--- ya know?

Hang in there-- and report/block them if you can!
  • Some people (internet trolls) thrive on causing others rage and pain through their comments.

Delete them off your blog immediately. Put them out of your mind and move along!
  • Pickle, I'm sorry you've had to endure that. I just moved to a new place where the people are much meaner than where I used to live, and it's getting me down. It hurts when people are rude or malicious, I know!

But you and I both have to grow a thick skin. I've never been good at that but I need to learn. These jerks have no right to make me feel bad, and I refuse to let them! It's a waste of energy to think about them. I'm working on turning off the hurt feelings immediately, like a light switch, and moving on. Try that!
  • I'm sorry you're enduring this.

People can be bleeps, and for them, the Internet lowers inhibitions.
  • People are so "tough" when they can hide behind a computer screen sometimes eh? I would just consider where it's coming from and delete the comments myself.
  • Thank you everyone for your comments. You are right. I have deleted the comments rather than dwelling on them and have got my my mind fully focused again
  • That really stinks! I started a blog on blogspot when I first started and kinda anticipated getting a few snide remarks. Luckily nothing so far... but it is hard when you put yourself out there... I know it was hard for me to do it.
  • Share your blog with us! I would love to post some really nice comments!
  • The link for my blog is on my signature I think but if not itcalled Fat to Fit and you can find it if you click on the blog section near the top of the page.
    Thanks again for your comments
  • I think people like to put other people down who are doing well so they can make their self feel better! Just look the other way and continue down your road!!! Good luck to you!
  • I couldnt find it... what is the link? Mine is...........

melissasinsanitychallenge.blogspot.com
  • I think this is the link. 3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/fromfattofit/. I think there is a link under my user name that you can click on which says My 3FC diet blog or something along those lines which should take you to my blog if this link doesn't work. Let me know if that doesn't work but hopefully I've got it right now