Old 08-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I drink mainly water and coffee, but if I really want something "soda-like," I drink club soda with a splash of 100% juice and/or a slice of lime or lemon.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #17  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I used to be a big fan of iced tea (very sweet iced tea). I weaned myself off by making my tea with 1 bag black tea and 1 bag of fruit tea - like orange. After I got used to that, I did 1 bag of green tea with 1 bag of fruit tea, and then I found out they make fruit blends. My favorite is green tea with mango. It has just the right amount of sweetness, there's not that much caffeine and green tea is good for you.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #18  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

I'm having the same issue. However, ever since doing a family challenge a few years ago to not drink sode for 1 month I at least no longer keep a 12pack or more stashed in the refridgerator. So I am actually thinking about doing a 30 day challenge of NO SODA to see if it helps.

I'm glad I read these post. I will admit, I cannot stick to water. If I switch to water alone, I will likely become dehydrated from not drinking anything.

I'm going to go switch to club soda with lime/lemon and I am definitely doing the "fancy" method with the berries and lemon cubes! I love that idea!

Last edited by LGW; 08-19-2011 at 02:00 AM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #19  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

I love Propel Zero (flavored water), and I think I am definitely addicted to Diet Snapple teas

Good for you for wanting to switch away from soda. I try to avoid it too, it is so bad, even diet!

Good luck
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Wow, such great ideas in this thread.

I couldn't give up my diet soda completely. I tried ... but I figured it was healthier to have one a day than to eat a candy bar a day.

So I made a little ritual out of it. About 3 p.m., I grab a can (I said no to 20 oz bottles) and take a break from work.

If I have super-duper cravings, I'll drink some sparkling water. Perrier is good, but my personal favorite is San Pellegrino.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 287/265/200

Height: 5'5

When I first started making a effort to lose weight, pop was the first thing to go.. I substituted sparkling water with either Mio or the single servings of crystal light mixed in, then I graduated to just drinking the sparkling water, Now, I can't drink pop..or juice. (Way too sweet!) I also was a big fan of the sweet teas (Raised by southern grandparents!) I stopped drinking tea all together until one day I was so thirsty I needed something cold and there was only unsweetened tea around. I tossed a splenda packet in and never looked back.

Pop is a hard thing to kick.. But you can do it!!
Just Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #22  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

I use to be a complete Soda Junkie... flavors didn't matter... coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, mt. dew, root beer... I liked it all... and we ALWAYS had some in the fridge. Happy to say I kicked the habit over a month ago. I got a couple of kido's and I didn't want them to think it was ok to drink that stuff all the time. As much as I don't like it... I am basically drinking water... Publix does make a really good diet sweet tea in their Deli... calorie, carb, and sugar free... I think they use a "truvia" sweetener so it is actually pretty good! I will have that once in a while, but mainly water...
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #23  
On the wagon again

S/C/G: 201/188/155

Height: 5'7"

Default They just did a tv news segment on this yesterday

And said that diet soda (and regular soda) was one of the toughest things to crack.

I LOOOOOVE my diet soda -- breakfast, lunch, dinner. But I've been trying to cut back. Alternating with water (make a big icy pitcher with cut lemon slices -- looks fancy, LOL!) and crystal light peach iced tea.

One other trick -- get one of those big plastic glasses with the straw (they sell them everywhere now. Fill with LOTS of ice and water, and then alternate soda and water. You drink more liquid with a straw than by sipping, so you'll fill up faster on water that way.

Good luck!
Laurabelle5 is offline   Reply With Quote