Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I have to laugh at RR and the diaper bag dilemma. When I was looking at them, I thought to myself, this is gonna be as hard as the bi-annual pocketbook search!! DH even said, is this gonna be like shopping for pocketbooks, you'll never have one you're happy with?! He's right, I'm afraid. I registered for the Eddie Bauer backpack one. It was fairly reasonable, and everyone I've talked to says the backpack kind seems to work best. Besides, DH wanted the backpack kind, so he wouldn't look stupid. I think it's black, and it has a tan suede flap on top. The carrier I picked also has a fanny pack attached to it, so if it's just a quick outing to the store or something, that's all I'll need...I think!!

Kesco- We're doing Bradley classes, so I really hope I use the techniques! And my midwife has a significantly lower medicated rate than the doctors at my hospital, so I'm keeping my hopes up...even with my no-tolerance for pain!! Now, STAY AWAY FROM THE EVIL DR. PEPPER!! Someone poured that stuff on the roof of an old car I had years ago, and it took the paint off!! You got your craving out of the way, now acknowledge and move on!!

Hi Jul! Good to see you!!

OK, back to work, headache's still there, but starting to fade...thank God for Tylenol!!
Old 10-29-2002, 04:37 PM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--At least the 3 bags were all Eddie Bauer...I really like the weekender and the other somewhat larger one..I will let DH decide and stick with that one!!!Our Childbirth classes are all day Sat from 3:30 to 2pm after he gets home from a 23 hr plane journey on Friday...He is a trooper and knows how much this means to me and will go happily!!!!
RR
Old 10-29-2002, 04:45 PM   #18  

Default Introduction

Just wanted to post an introduction and a hello . I just discovered this site and think its great. Ive enjoyed reading the posts and have gathered some helpful tips and recipes etc.

I posted a bio in the bio thread, but a little more about myself. Im 33 year old female with 2 children (8 and 5) and I work full time.

Ive been struggling with weight issues most of the my life and have recently lost 39 pounds with WW and am hoping to lose 25 -30 more. Up until now Ive felt really motivated and strong in my determination but lately Ive been feeling kind of tired of the struggle.

Im generally a quiet or shy person, but since I can identify with alot of the things Ive been reading on the board, thought Id like to put myself out there and give/receive support on the issues we all experience with weight loss and life in general I guess

So, thats me I hope I can make a home in your thread
Old 10-29-2002, 08:54 PM   #19  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Ah heck, I had a nice long post all typed out and lost it!!

RR: ONLY THREE MORE NIGHTS!! I think your DH sounds like a terrific guy. I don't think I would want to go to an all day ANYTHING after traveling that long.

Lauren: Glad the tylenol worked for you. Wow, the things I have to look forward to buying.........diaper bags, nursing bras, diapers............

Kesco: A woman after my own heart!! I LOVE Dr. Pepper. Real stuff, not the diet. Where are you from again?

Deena: Welcome to the group. I think you will find lots of good support here. I know I have.

The weather here sucks. It's sleeting outside. SLEETING!! The lady on the radio said cloudy with a slight chance of LIGHT rain. Hummm. Think they made a booboo? I'm curled up with a nice cup of decaffinated tea. I had a cup of the regular stuff last night and I was up half the night. I went out and got the decaf stuff tonight. Since there's no DH to snuggle with I gotta have something to warm me up. I'm not ready for winter. I don't want to buy a pg coat. I guess I will have to use bungy cords to tie mine shut with!!

OK, have a great night all. Hope everyone is well.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:38 PM   #20  

Kesco, yes I'm homeschooling. The boys are pretty young, just 5 and 6 so its not to hard. We aim for 3 days a week. We travel alot to art shows and the public schools don't like it when you tell them that your kids won't be attending mondays and fridays for most of the fall and spring. I'm home till thanksgiving so we're trying to fit in a bit more homeschool between now and then.

Apparently I need to get a fresh binder started for "Health". I've just let it all go the last couple months...if I start a new binder and set some new goals maybe I'll get inspired to start losing again. I'll work on that tomorrow afternoon - tomorrow morning I'm off to the flea markets with a friend. - jul
Old 10-30-2002, 05:59 AM   #21  

GOod Morning!!!!

Welcome Deena to the group!!!We are a fun supporting group of women and U will find U can post about anything!!!!

2 more nights...I cant wait!!! Yesterday, started with major Braxton Hicks contractions and pressure in my "area". MD wants me to slow down...soo I am gonna work 3- 12 hr shifts as a "telephone nurse" to sit down more...Of course, it is longer shifts but should be easier than pulling on surgical people, pushing stretchers and wheelchairs and standing for 8 hrs....I dont mind the contractions as long as DH is in town and now knowing that she is 4.5lbs!!!!

Have a great day!!!SD#2 is up and the cats are screaming for food!!!!!
RR
Old 10-30-2002, 09:05 AM   #22  
LBH

Hi All,

Despite the weather, this just may be a great day! I walked in this AM and almost didn't recognize my desk!! I spent most of yesterday cleaning it off and reorganizing it and labeling piles by what needed to be done to them. I have never seen soo much of my cube!! I even cleaned the stuff that was stacked under it, so when I walked in this AM, I was shocked!! Hopefully I can make a dent in my piles today.

RR- That's good that they have an option for you besides leaving work. What do you do as a telephone nurse? Who do you talk to? Oh, I didn't realize there were more than one kind of EB bag! Duh...

Jul- Good luck getting back on track!

Karen- I'm not looking forward to the nursing bra saga...I have enough troubles with these monsters to begin with!! It was sleeting when I left work last night, and DH said he saw kind of snow this AM when he left! They said NW Jersey was supposed to get 1-3 in. snow last night, I don't know if they did, but if we had still lived in Budd Lake, we would've gotten it!! I dug out my winter jacket yesterday and it fits fine. It was a little big to begin with, but I've still got extra room.

Deena- Welcome! Hope you feel at home and find lots of support here!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:22 AM   #23  

Good morning!! I am doing my last load of laundry so I can pack for my trip to visit my family. I am so excited! I was going to leave tomorrow but have decided on today instead. The more I stay here the more I hate it (long story). I am deathly allergic to fire ants and well one of the dang things bit my arm last night. I have no idea how it got in the house, but I am spitting nails mad! It is so swollen and it hurts.

LBH - anytime you want to come over here and organize, be my guest. I am a very organized person but no one else around here is so I have given up on trying to keep things tidy.

RR - take super easy with those BH contrx. I was about 26 wks and started getting them pretty bad. Well I didn't take it easy and they ended up as full blown contrx and I had to take Brethine and be on bedrest. It sucked and it was scarey.

Jul - are you an art enthusiast or are you an artist? I art shows and museums, etc. That is part of the reason I wantd to move here so my children could experience some culture.

Karen - I had a Dr Pepper again yesterday. Just a medium one from Subway with my low fat sandwich. I almost pushed the diet Pepsi button (yuck), but I couldn't keep my fingers off the Dr Pepper one . Oh and I currently live near San Antonio, Tx.

Deena - welcome! I'm new here too. only been posting a week and I feel very at home

Well, The dryer stopped so I've got jeans to pack. I'll look in from my parent's house. I'll be there until Sunday. Oh, and I have to tll everyone. My parent's are going to babysit my kids on Friday night while I spend the night at my brother's house. I get to sleep in!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #24  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Well, I had to take one of our dogs to the emergency vet this evening. She was limping, wouldn't eat and was acting generally unwell. She jumped off of my four-poster bed this am and hurt her knee it turns out. She had to get a shot and pills for inflammation. Poor thing. I felt so bad.

RR: Only two more nights!! Yippee. Glad you can do the easier job.

Lauren: Yeah on the organizing. I need to get my house in order but I've been so tired this week with going back to work. I can't seem to get up the gumption to do what needs to be done.

Kesco: I am originally from outside Dallas. DP is my family's favorite drink. (DH likes it too even though he's a Yankee). Are you originally from Texas? I miss the wide open spaces. Yeah on getting to sleep in.

Hey, I just realized that my baby is going to be a Yankee!! Uh oh. That's hard for a southern belle to take!!

Have a great evening all!!
Old 10-31-2002, 03:26 AM   #25  

Hi all,

this might be my last message for a week or two. Today is the big day where late boss is going to decide where I go (I still don't know). Lucky me, I have found smt from 15/11 whatever happens. In the mean time, I might read how you're doing but will probably have little access to a pc, mine has broken down.

Think about me as I will of you,

I'll be back!

Greekgirl going guerrilla
Old 10-31-2002, 06:19 AM   #26  

Karen--I had to laugh at your comment!!! Kaleigh is gonna be half yankee/half cajun!!!!I tell DH all the time to watch that 1/2Southerner part..He is not gonna be used to baby with an attitude!!!!

Lauren-Telephone nursing is just sitting in an office pre registering people for their surgeries...the only walking is when I take them to get their lab work...IT is definately much easier..really busy but more sit down....I even stayed up later last night and never had the backache even though I did 10hrs...I am planning working as long as I can but I am constantly evaluating everything!!!!

GG-Good luck today!!!

Take care all!!!!
RR
Old 10-31-2002, 09:15 AM   #27  

Thanx RR, things ARE going well! I might still be able to check in, Wouldn't want to miss the Birthing Saga on this thread, more from Monday onwards, because Friday's free! Yippeeeee! Good the new sitting-down job is working out!

Hug to all,

Grrrrrrilja Greek
Old 11-01-2002, 06:36 AM   #28  

Only 13 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 11-01-2002, 09:10 AM   #29  
LBH

Hi All,

TGIF...that's all I have to say really, it could be a better day. I don't know why I'm complaining, it's Friday, I'm dressed in my most comfortable sweats and sweatshirt, it's beautiful out, but my printer here at work is acting up!! Man, the craziest things set me off lately!! ARGH!!

Have a better day than me all!!
Old 11-01-2002, 09:14 AM   #30  

The ant bite was way out of hand by Wednesday night. I tought I was going to have to go to the ER. I kept it on ice most of that night and the swelling and redness seemed to have quit spreading. It is still swollen today (Fri a.m.). but most of the fever has gone. Am I the only person in the world allergic to fire ants? My trip is going great otherwise. My parents are on somewhat of a health kick too so thefeasting is much more subdued here. My youngest son is going to spend the weekend with his dad so my oldest and I are going to see Santa Claus 2. My oldest lives here now with his dad. I sent him to start the school year here (2nd grade). Since we live with my inlaws and are very broke, he had much more opportunities living with his dad than me for now. The boys' dad is a good father. It's hard only seeing him once a month, but it will only be for the school year. Anyway, that's a small portion of my huge story that will unveil itself to yall over time.

Greek - take care and good luck with the job placement. I have no idea what smt and 15/11 means.

Karen - yes, born and raised Texan here. I've lived and visited a lot of places, but I always come back here. Half yankee half southerner, huh? Poor little one......going to be so confused.

RR - enjoy having your hubby back!!!!!!!
Closed Thread