Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 01:35 PM   #31  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I passed, I passed!! I passed my 1 hr. glucose tolerance test!! I can't believe it, I almost fell off my chair!! It was 89 (normal is 70-120, give or take a few pts.) The girl was like, why are you soo surprised, I said, well, let's see, I'm fat, my gramma is diabetic and I love my sweets and carbs!! Guess it helped to eat the eggs and taylor ham that AM!!

Think I'll celebrate with a plate of mashies for dinner!!
Old 11-01-2002, 02:29 PM   #32  
Donna

Just popping in to wish everyone a great weekend.

Haven't been on the computer all week but stopped in for a bit before I go lock myself in my sewing room. Skipped WW this week, K worked late and I crashed on the sofa, woke up when his boss called looking for him. I don't think I've been doing too bad eating wise, but I haven't been keeping track and haven't exercised this week at all. Maybe we'll walk the dogs before dinner.

Anyway.... Have a great weekend all!!!!

- Tech
Old 11-01-2002, 04:55 PM   #33  

Kesco: my husband is a glassblower.

I still haven't worked on the binder and goals. I did redo my measurements and they are o.k., not great ...up a little around the waist (I knew that! my jeans are tighter) but overall not as bad as I thought.
I think sometimes I get so down that I see myself worse than others see me.

Just got bad news, we were rejected from the wholesale show in Baltimore for Feb. Sometimes these jury things really hurt my feelings (as well as my pocketbook). Therefore I need to sit down and fill out more show apps for retail shows. We still have one wholesale show in Feb. in Philly.

My UPS driver just pulled up so I need to go visit while he lifts all my heavy boxes into his truck .
- jul
Old 11-01-2002, 07:36 PM   #34  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Hope everyone had a nice Halloween. The kids were a bit surprised when I gave them little toys/pencils/paper instead of candy. I gave the really small kids hackey sacks. Several of the parents really seemed to appreciate it. Best of all..........no candy hanging around here . Thank goodness for Oriental Trading.

Kesco: I surely miss Texas sometimes. What I don't miss is the heat. I've been here for 7 years now and we were back home in August. Wow, the heat was awful. (My brother teases us that I got pg because of all the wonderful TX air!!)

Lauren: Yeah on passing the test!! I'm dreading that one myself. Although I haven't been craving sweets like I usually do. I want meat and salty stuff. (Also not so good for you though.) Hope the rest of your Friday is good.

RR: Yippee!! Sure hope DH makes it home safely. Mine should be here in about 2 hours or so. I can't wait.

Jul: Sorry about the show. Hope the others work out for you. So, does chatting up the UPS man help when he sees all the heavy boxes .

I have to work tomorrow so I think I'm going to go take a nap!! I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I am SO tired all the time. I thought I was over that. Guess I was resting more than I thought while I was off. Have a wonderful evening!!
Old 11-02-2002, 07:56 AM   #35  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow, I'm up waaay too early for a Saturday AM, but I guess I better get used to it, huh?! We're headed down to my grandparent's house to p/u a secretary desk today. The plan was to leave by 9, get there by 11, and be back here by 2. Well, it's almost 9 now and I just sent DH back to bed because he was up at 3 this AM with an upset stomach. So we'll be running a little later.

Karen- I craved a lot of meat too. Not salt really, but beef definitely, and still do. Actually, there both good for you. The protein helps balance out your blood sugars and the baby needs the salt. Our instructor told us to always lightly salt your food, because the baby, or the placenta, whatever, needs that salt. It's been hard for me, because I don't add salt normally, but if I make eggs (another hard thing for me to do), I add salt. And don't forget, they say if you're craving something, it's probably because your body needs it.

Jul- Bummer about the show, hope you get the other one.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-02-2002, 08:28 AM   #36  
Working on Weight loss!!!

He is home!!!!Still sleeping of course in preparation for childbirth classes!!! Tired..but wonderfully safe...His eyes popped out when he saw the belly though...He was shocked it had grown soo big.. I saw an old friend last night who brought me my stroller I registered for...This is soo great!!!She commented that I have lost weight in my face and upper body..It is weird cuz it really is just the old belly sticking way out there with boobies!!!!!Sitting at a desk, when I stand..people say.."wow U R pregnant!!!!"It is too funny!!!

Lauren--I really think I failed my GD test because of the fact I dont eat meat...My mom has fussed the last 2 weeks cuz my intake is soo little..I try to explain that following the diet, eating every 2 hrs I am never hungry!!! Well, the Eddie Bauer "Weekender" is the winner of the diaper bag saga!!!! I will get the tiny one for quick trips to match it or the back pack!!! THe other two go back!!!I get my Armoir today and will have all my little clothes hanging up by this afternoon!!!!!

Jul--Bummer about the show!!!Hope U get the apps out and have more shows than U know what to do with!!!!!

Karen--I am an Oriental Merchandise freak also!!! The best thing is with U Promise...everything U order goes to the baby's college fund!!! Between there and BabysRUs, I have $24 saved up!!!!

Tech-Dh had a 3 hr layover in Detroit and met his mom for lunch..He said he was shocked the temp had dropped!!!Get those dogs walkking!!!!

Kesco--Watch that antbite!!! U dont want to get cellulitis from it!!!!

Have a great day!!!Off to learn about carseats and things!!!!
RR
Closed Thread