Old 03-31-2010, 06:46 AM   #301  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Well, its Wednesday, and you know what that means: Weigh In Wednesday!

I got on that scale, after 7 long days from stalling at 203.0 and what did my eyes see?

I am secretly disappointed because I REALLY wanted 199 by Easter, but any loss is a loss and I will take it. I should really be pleased it wasn't higher since I started exercising this week.

So thats it. Its finally over and done and I can get on with it.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #302  

Height: 5'6"

Mollz- hope you feel better soon. UTI's suck big time.

Silver- Take that 148 and RUN with it!

Parkedout- 201 is as awesome as awesome can be. Think of how close to 199 you are. You will be in ONEderland before you it.

Mel- 4 inches off your waist... your melting..your melting... lol WTG!

After some thinking about what to do and discussing with DH, and the lady that is organizing the trip to Guatemala I have decided to wait until next trip. She said they are going to go again in 6 months which will put it at about October or November. My church is also going in Janurary so I will have the oppurtunity to go. I am going to go ahead and get some luggage, supplies and my passport so I will be ready for the next time.

Since I am not going to Guatemala, DH, DD and I are going to the beach. I found a condo in Myrtle Beach that if I book now I can get a fourth night free. I also have a online friend (about 9 years now) that lives there and I get to meet her. We talk on the phone at least once every two weeks.

Yesterday was not a good eating day. After I went home I pigged out on chips, a couple of cookies, a chocolate poptart, pizza.. ugh.. I felt horrible. I MADE myself go to the gym and workout. What's funny is that i saw on the news last night about food addiction. People that eat junk food has a similar addiction/feelings about food as a crack user does. Interesting..... it seems the more you eat of it the more you want, which was totally true yesterday. Someone had given me a couple of mini candy bars before leaving work, by the time I got home the cravings were out of control. After a long talk with myself I have decided to go cold turkery. No junk!! I would like to cut out processed foods too but I think changing one thing at a time is the best way to go so I don't get overwhelmed.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Mollz Hope you're feeling better! UTIs are not fun... my best friend gets them every now and then and it makes her absolutely miserable.

parkedout I'm so excited for you! You're almost ten lbs down - that's fantastic!

squeak it sounds like you came to a good resolution on this on Guatemala. You'll have plenty of time to plan, get everything together and save some money and fund raise for the trip. How is the family? I hope the stress levels have gone down some.

Yesterday was beautiful, so we walked outside instead of going to the gym. Unfortunately we walked straight to the pub!

I was pretty good and had a grilled chicken salad. I did manage to make a big old batch of veggie stir fry to carry me through the week, and got all of our laundry done. Those gym clothes sure do pile up quick!

Anyone use the sauna at the gym? I'm not so much interested in the whole water weight loss, but I would think that it might feel nice on me old aching muscles at the end of a workout. Our gym has a sign on the door saying to use the sauna after you've already showered, which kind of confused me. So you workout, take a shower, sit in the sauna and sweat... then take another shower? I don't know if my dry winter skin can take that many showers in a day. Just curious if this is how it's normally done.

The scale is already starting to be a jerk again. Today it said that I'm back up to 149. Stupid scale and it's shannanigans.

Have a lovely day ladies!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
Jenn, thanks for the tips. I will have to look up St. Patricks Cathedral. Last time we went we took the subway into the Ground Zero Terminal. There is a really old church across the street from there. Do you know anything about that church? I am going to try and talk my DH into driving down to Philly too. Last time we went on a hunt for Pats and ended up eating a philly cheese on South Street. I can't remember the name of the place. I also REALLY want to tour the Philly city hall. That is the coolest building I have ever seen.

NSV's for me: I ran 3 miles last night. Woot! My body fat % went from 37.7 to 32.2. I have lost 4+ inches around my waist.
The only thing I know about that church is that despite both the Towers falling, it survived. That is where some of the first responders rested between shifts. I believe a memorial was held there, in which Joshua Bell played violin, not to long after 9/11.

If you get to Philly, let me know, I currently work in downtown Philly. Philly is cool, but NOTHING beats NYC!!! Best city ever!!

Whoo! Congrats on the 3 Miles and the reduction of body fat! My bf % is at the moment somewhere around 25.2%. I gotta get going with the weighttraining!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Jenn -I'm going to have to get some tips from you on where to go next time I'm in town. My company is based just outside of Philly in New Jersey.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 PM   #306  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Caro You're not butting in at all, just jump in and start chatting!

squeak Thanks... and do you suppose seeing that newscast may have triggered some sort of reaction in your head?? Kind of a coincidence that you had a bad eating day RIGHT when the TV told you why you want those things. Kind of like when I lose weight and want to 'reward' myself with a cheat meal.. (Remember me?? The goof??? LOL) That may have been ALL mental.

I think your post about it has helped me a TON. I mean, learning how to cope and live and live WELL on this journey is what its all about, right?

Mollz Congrats on the belt AND the three miles AND the inches! WOW!! You're amazing! Can I be you?

Silverstar We don't have a sauna at my gym , so I don't know the procedure, but thats a bit odd isn't it? I mean, you're just going to sit in there and sweat anyhow... why the before shower??

And me today: Pretty good, although I had candy again. I worked it in, but its the second day in a row. I am not liking that. I don't want to mess this new diet up. I LIKE my routine. I just need to sit myself back in it and try to stay focussed.

Good news: My SIL brought her step she isn't using over and its set up and ready to go for when I get home. I DVR "All My Children" and without the commercials(which I fastforward through) Its about 35 minutes of viewing and the step (I am hoping) will offer me some mindless exercise while I am in front of the TV.

I am also going to watch this weeks episode of Biggest Loser tonight(Had a ballgame on Tuesday) and I am excited to see if Melissa is back on--although I am pretty sure she is for shock factor... I just hope my two favorites aren't part of the elimination(which are Sam and Steph)...

Hope everyone is doing well! Oh, and my son won his tournement... which put his team at #2 for the season! Yay!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

Yay for me, my WiiFit finally arrived! It is so much fun. The games are hard but fun. Yesterday I did 30 minutes before midnight, 30 after (then I set my game to night owl mode) then today I did 40 minutes of game time.

I unlocked the next level of biking where you hit the flags, and did the one after beginner thinking oh no big deal. 15 minutes later and over 4 miles of riding I hit all the flags. Riding up hill is no easy task, neither is the sand area! I am totally wiped haha. Leg cramps, asthma troubles, sweating. Had I known it'd take that long I wouldn't have done it, but I am glad I did it.

I don't like the one where you hit the mushrooms to make 10. It hurts my hip, so I will skip that one. Then I did some strenght training and yoga practice too!

I am really good at the hula hooping one, I figure my husband will have trouble with that. He can't hula hoop for real either, where as I can and do for fun when it's warm out.

The best part is, my Wii age is 9 years younger than my actual age! I do not feel in shape, and I do not feel my balance is good at all. I was expecting it to say 58 hahaha! It says I did good though! I apparently need to lean a little more forward though to have good center of balance. That feels weird to stand that way.

I am having way loads of fun. It made me laugh a lot when my Mii puffed up at the start too. How awful haha, but so very funny!
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote