Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 11:05 PM   #16  

Lauren, congrats on Peter James (if we'd had a 3rd boy he would of been James Easton - get it...Weston and Easton...we wanted to give our boys direction in life???

Vicki: my two boys are less than a year apart (they are the same age for 8 days - its been great having them that close!)

They just put in one of those curves places just 4 miles from my house...I'm tempted to look into it but not sure when I'd be able to go.

Remember how last week I pulled out all the duct work under the house ? We were having nice cool weather at the time. The man who was suposed to replace the duct work hasn't been able to get here yet and the weather turned super hot again. Guess what I did - super woman that I am - I went back under the house and put on the new duct work myself!!! Saved us several hundred dollars in the process. Went swimming tonight but expect to be sore again tomorrow - this time I'll remember to take some alieve.

I haven't weighed this week - may be brave tomorrow.

- jul
Old 08-23-2002, 03:14 PM   #17  

hello.

Well, ds is all moved in. Always sad to see him go. Although glad that he is doing this and also I know he was ready to get back.

Now I've got to get ready to go to Tampa - leaving Sunday & will be gone until next weekend.

Lauren - congrats on the little boy! I'm partial to boys myself!

Karen - glad for you that school will be done in 9 weeks! hang in there. ~ Thanks for your wishes for ds.

Jul - did you mention before that you have pcos? If so, what type of eating plan do you follow?

Rabbit
Old 08-23-2002, 05:28 PM   #18  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. I just got back from Curves. I sure didn't like the measuring part. YIKES!! The workout was good. Just when you are thinking you are getting really tired it's time to switch stations and then before you know it the workout is over. I think I can deal with this!!

We are going to the inlaws tonight so I gotta go get ready. Have a great evening all!
Old 08-24-2002, 10:33 AM   #19  

hello.

Great first day to a new week yesterday for me - had 2 points left. Plan to do well while I am gone.

karen - curves sounds great. Glad you liked it.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Rabbit
Old 08-24-2002, 01:52 PM   #20  

Rabbit, yes I have PCOS. Right now I'm taking 2 metaformin a day (totals 1000 mg) its the generic to glocophase (sp?). I'm trying to follow a more diabetic style eatting plan but failing at it.
Trying to up the protein and the veggies (they don't want me eatting as much potato) I can have fruit at breakfast and lunch but not dinner. Cutting back the breads/cereals. Also trying to increase the soy, tofu, yogurt. I go to the DR next week for bloodwork, I haven't lost any weight since starting the met. stuff so she may increase it to 3 times a day.

- jul
Old 08-24-2002, 03:57 PM   #21  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Jul--I have several friends who were put on glucophage for PCOS..It really made a difference in how they felt once starches were eliminated or really decreased... I have 1 friend who was able to conceive once she started the meds...Best of luck with it...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend..I just got home from doing a little OT at work...Take care!!!Off to nap a bit!!
RR
Old 08-24-2002, 05:19 PM   #22  

Jul - thanks for the info on PCOS. My gyno mentioned it to me as something I may possibly have, I have some of the symptoms - particularly irregular periods he said. So I've been doing some research. I've been looking at low carb eating plans. What is metaformin?

Rabbit

ps - I am leaving tomorrow for Tampa for a week. Talk to you all later.
Closed Thread