Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 07:57 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of August 24

Hi guys. Since I'm up so early to go to my class I will start the new thread. I got back into my smaller pants today!! Yippee!! They are even loose enough that I can sit for eight hours in them. Yahoo. According to my home scale I've lost 5 pounds since Wednesday. I think there must be a slight imbalance in my scale and Curves Scale!!

Gotta go now, have a wonderful Suday!!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:05 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Yeah Karen!!!!I am really looking forward to dieting and excercising like I used to!!!Plus that would mean I am holding my little girl!!!!!

The thread is soo quiet this weekend!!!Hope that means we are all being constructive in some kind of way!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!
RR
Old 08-25-2002, 04:37 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm Back!! Had a great weekend down the shore. In classic "Lauren & Jim Style", it poured cats, dogs and elephants while we were at the outlet centers in Delaware!! DH decided that we should make a deal with Gov. McGreevey to send us on vacation every week to a different county in NJ and by the time we're all done, all the resevoir's will be back up to full because it will rain constantly when we're there!! We wouldn't have minded soo much, but Gramps decided to go with us (probably to get away from Gran's nagging about whatever!!) He is going to be 91 on 9/5, and he doesn't get around really quick because he broke his hip a few years back!! So, Jim and I could've run through the raindrops, but not Gramps!! We were all soo soaked, it looked like we had jumped in the ocean fully clothed!! It stopped though, and the sun came out, and we dried out at the next outlet.

I spent most of my time in the Carter's outlet. I bought 5-6 adorable little boy outfits. They're all soo fleecey and soft, I can't wait to dress Petey in them!! DH picked out a couple of them. I'm going to eventually take pics and have DH scan them in, then I'll post them on my picture trail site. I got one winter sweater in the Motherhood Maternity outlet...which wasn't very outlet priced, but it wasn't bad either, like $28-29.

DH & I decided we'd like to go down there again, and maybe stay somewhere around Rehobeth Beach, so we can drive to the outlets, instead of taking the shuttle bus. It's nice to have the bus, because you don't deal with as much traffic, they have bus lanes, but you can only go to the three outlet centers, and the beach. It would take a few days to cover everything. The Cape May-Lewes ferry was great though. I've been on it many times, DH was his first ride. He liked it. You can take your car over, but we chose not to.

Karen- Glad you liked Curves. That's what I like about it too, that it's over fairly quickly, and there's no time to get bored really.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'll probably be swamped at work this week, being out for two days!!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:25 AM   #4  

Default I'm Back!

Hi everyone!
Just got back from vacation this morning and am stuck again at the office again.
I had a wonderful time, I must have slept an average of 14 hours a day (at night and in the afternoons), got a nice tan etc etc. Two days it rained cats and dogs, which is very rare during summer, but I liked it actually, I went out to sit on some (covered) terrace and we had coffee with a very old friend while the rain was pouring down and lightning was playing over the sea...I also took the tortoise with me because I didn't want to leave it with BF. I warned my dad that he should keep an eye on him while it was walking around and not in its box, but of course he didn't do that and it escaped yesterday from the balcony to the neighbours. my dad had to go and ask all our neighbours if they'd seen it and then fish it off the last balcony with a fishing rod because those particular neighbours weren't there!
I was not awful on the food but not good either, so I'm scared to death of weighing myself (so I'm not!). I'll just start up at the gym again tonight, and CUT the Cr...! I also though to start on Meridia today, can anyone tell me if they liked it, I never used it before!
Have to go now, glad I'm back!

Love to all for today (don't have much time, boss may come back any minute, maybe I'll be able to post later).

and rested again,
Vassiliki
Old 08-26-2002, 10:41 AM   #5  

Hi all, I'm trying to refocus myself (again!!). I've been completely out of whack. Hopefully my meeting tomorrow with a personal trainer will help me find a new plan. At least I'm still maintaining!!

I was having a crappy day Saturday. DH was stressing over school and I was PMS'ing so I had to get away from him. I took whoever's advice it was in here and went by myself to go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding. What a funny movie!! It was just what I needed.

GG, how do you catch a tortoise with a fishing pole? I'm trying to picture that one. It sounds like you had a great vacation -- 14 hrs. sleep?? Wow!! I love nice long naps.

LBH, too funny about all the rain. Stay outta FL cuz we're already way over our averages and the mosquitos are having a great time multiplying. BTW, congrats on finding out you're having a boy!!

RR, don't worry about the weight too much right now -- just focus on being healthy for your girl. I have two friends that are having a baby soon. I can't wait to see them.

KK, congrats on fitting into the pants!!! That's a great sign you're accomplishing your goals.

Hi to everyone else!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Liz- The reason you're way over your averages was because DH & I were there over July 4th weekend...remember?!

GG- Sounds like you had a great vacation! I would love to sit on a covered terrace drinking coffee in the pouring rain!

I'm still catching up on last week's stuff that was piled on my chair and desk!! Have a great day all!!
Old 08-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #7  

Lizzard, let us know how it goes with the personal trainer. I'd love to hire one for a few days to help me and DH come up with new ideas considering how much we travel. I'd also like to hire a nutritionist. (maybe I can find some that will barter their services for glass!!)

Can anyone remember the name of Rabbit's stores?? I'd love to stop in one during our travels.

We've got a show close to home this time. St Louis. The boys will go to my parents.

I am not motivated to go for a walk tonight!!! I need to!!! - jul
Old 08-26-2002, 08:40 PM   #8  
LBH

Jul- I'm pretty sure she said Dry Ice was the name.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:09 AM   #9  

Hi Lizzard! you saw it earlier than me! The personal trainer thing is very good, because it will keep you on your toes, same goes for Jul's idea about a nutritionist, lots of times we have no idea what it is EXACTLY we eat. Example: I know many caloriestats by heart, but I still had a (small) piece of Tiramisu cake today because of my colleague's and thought it was HEAVEN when I ate it, but it turns out to be indigestion instead, lol...
Lauren, nice to hear you had a great time, too, and great about the baby being a boy!
Lizzard, i think my dad just kinda hooked the pole around the tortoise (which is very small anyway) and pulled it towards him. If you know what my dad lookes like though (funny little round man) you would have wanted to see it, believe me, it was so funny!

bye for now, Vassiliki
Old 08-27-2002, 02:22 PM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

I'm just stopping in for a quick hello. I was away for a few days last week and it was my birthday/anniversary so there was some celebrating to do! The last couple of weeks have been really bad food wise but I think I've mostly managed to maintain which is a miracle. I really want to be 140 by September 10th because that will be exactly a year since my husband and I started to watch our weight and while I was around 176 last spring, if I get to 140 by then it will be exactly 30 pounds from that date! I'm thrilled about that but am still looking for more. I know we've changed the way we eat overall which is great but we still splurge on occassion and the question for the continued weight loss is just how often. Lately it's been a bit too often but that's okay. I know I have the maintaining thing down pat!

Glad to hear all the good news from the expectant mothers here - I can't even imagine how exciting it is - hope to join you all one day before it's too late!

Sorry I can't respond to all the posts but I'm here and lurking and thinking about you all. Back to work time though...

Elisa
Old 08-27-2002, 04:01 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Wow, what a busy couple of days. I did my second curves last night and it was good. It's over before you have time to complain.

Our ac went out last Thurs and MAN!! is it hot!! I thought it was supposed to be cool but I am sweating bullets. I don't want to keep the laptop on my lap any longer than it needs to be 'cause this thing is hot too!!

Gotta go jump in the cool shower!! Have a good evening all!!
Old 08-27-2002, 06:25 PM   #12  
Donna

Hello All,

Just wanted to pop in really quick like. Getting in lot's of extra hours at work because all the college/high school kids are heading back to school. I like it but after 9 hours out in the heat I don't feel like looking at the computer . Gained at WW last week, but its that TOM so it was expected, I was pretty happy it was a half pound instead of the three pounds from last month. We're supposed to go to WW tonight, but K worked late and it's his b-day so we'll probably skip.

KK - congrats on getting back on track, good luck at curves, I wish they'd build one by me, but I probably couldn't afford it anyway .

Lauren - I had to laugh about the , I was talking to a couple of guests today about how dry it is in NJ (that's where they were from) and then read your post. Congrats on the boy.

RR - Glad things are working out with this PG . Are you going to stay home after or go back to work? Just curious.

Elise - Keep lurking and jump in when you can.

GG - Glad your vacation was a blast. Sometimes the relaxing ones are the best. Just jump back on the wagon and you'll get rid of those vacation pounds in no time.

Jul - Good luck finding a nutritionist willing to trade.... Two of my aunts are dieticians so if I really wanted to they would probably give me lots of advice. When my sister was PG the doctor told her she sould see someone so she 'saw' them.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know when you should get your baseline mamogram? I have a feeling it should be now and I'm not looking forward to it .

Well should go change before K gets home so we can go to dinner. Have a great evening all.

- Tech
Old 08-27-2002, 08:22 PM   #13  

Baseline boob squeeze should occur when you are 35.
(I have to get mine done this year)
Old 08-28-2002, 05:34 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!

Tech--I had my baseline at 30 due to Grandmother having breast cancer..If a family member on your mothers side is positive, they start earlier...Otherwise, it is 35...Well, since I work 50-60 hrs a week now and have 2 jobs, I would go nuts not working..I am a workaholic!!!!!I am taking 3 months paid leave and then returning!!!!!!

Take care--
Vicki
Old 08-28-2002, 04:33 PM   #15  
Hollywood Homebody

hi everybody

i'm a 30-something, single, never married, no kids. everybody here seems to be married, i'm starting to develop a complex

i'm just looking for a place i can go and talk about stuff that nobody else i know really understands. i do have one friend who's being very supportive, but the rest of my friends are all married and have their own lives now and i don't see much of them anymore. but i'm not bitter, really!
Closed Thread