Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 10:42 AM   #16  

HI.

Lots of posts today! I'm checking in early as I'm heading to a friend's pool today - woohoo!

Tech - glad you're enjoying the new job! ~ I don't think I'd like cooking for 40 either - too stressful - although I've thought about it also. ~ Cool about the baby quilt! I want to learn to do that! ~ Good luck at your weigh in. Wish me luck as well.

Elisa - WooHoo on the 30 pounds lost!

Jul - only fruit and only veggie days sound tough!

Greek - oh that is so awesome that you have such a great relationship with your Grandma!! ~ Hooray for staying op.

RR - neat that sd lost a tooth!

Lauren - no it is not stressing me at all to be on the wendie plan. I'm rather enjoying it. I am not showing a loss and I weigh tomorrow night - actually my scales show a gain - so we will see. 2 things could be a problem there - 1) I went way over on my super high day and I've not completely made up the points yet 2) AF is here. ~ so I won't give up on the plan yet. I think I'll try it for maybe a month, but if it keeps not looking like I'm gaining I may not do that super high day as is. ~ good luck with the child care - so expensive - I used to pay $40 - $50/week for ds!

gotta run.

Rabbit
Old 06-26-2002, 03:34 PM   #17  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Don't have much time, need to go grocery shopping. Just wanted to say that WI was nice I was down 1.6 . Hope I can keep it up and be down again (two weeks in a row what a novelty).

I don't remember who asked but I'm working as a Historical Presenter at Greenfield Village. Which means I talk all day explaining what went on in the building when it was in actual use. Most of the buildings don't have a/c, and some days I'm outside working a train platform. It's fun and WAY different from automotive engineering which is what I was doing.

Talk to you later when I have more time.

- Tech
Old 06-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #18  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Evening!!!

Tech-Congrats on the new job!!Sounds interesting..My mom in law is volunteering somewhere...Is that the same as Meadow Brook Hall????She volunteers at some big house over there and really enjoys it!!!

Lauren--WOW!!!!Daycare is soo expensive!!!!I am putting peanut in Kindercare and it is $125/week...It gets cheaper as they get older cuz it is less care...We pay $75/week now for care 6a-6p...WE are moving to Kindercare next year and for before and after school care...the vans to pick her up from school it is $65/week.....I will then get a discount for having 2 with kindercare...It was a great place when I interviewed them..Good luck!!!!
Thanks for the thread cleanup!!!!

Talk to all later!!!I have been hitting furniture stores for the last 4 hrs looking for furniture..Everyone said this weekend it will be on sale!!!!
Have a nice evening!!!!
Vicki
Old 06-27-2002, 12:21 AM   #19  

Lauren: I don't have any advice on childcare for infants. I worked until Alex (#2) was 4 mts old but I was a minister of youth so I had built in childcare during activities...otherwise I just took them to the church and Weston followed me around in a walker. I quit and have been home ever since (except for running our business). I did put Weston in preschool at 4 but it was only $40 a week for 3 3hour days. I started Alex in it at 4 but it went up to $50 and I didn't like the program or new director and pulled him out after 3 weeks. Good luck finding dependable, safe, childcare.

I totally forgot that I was going to do water and fruit today - oops! Maybe I can try it tomorrow. I do have a DR apt at 9 a.m. and I know I'll show a bit of gain. Even though my DH made me feel better tonight because he asked me if I'd lost a bit more weight (it was hard to tell him that I'd actually gained).

I'm going to look up what a diabetic diet should be...people with PCOS tend to end up with that so I'm thinking I should go ahead and start following the diet plans. - jul
Old 06-27-2002, 05:57 AM   #20  

Sigh, I just tried to send you my (page long) news of the day, and in sending it it got lost...
Anyway here goes again,

I went to the gym like a good little girl last night to my favorite step class, only I forgot that I had just eaten dinner (spinach and beans) at grandmaw's (very nice and very very light in cals, so I ate a lot of it), and had a lot of trouble doing the class. I sat it out, but felt really queasy afterwards. i then had to do the ironing which i hate (but I like the results) but forgot half so I have to do the rest tonight. BF is leaving with his team to the netherlands and aftrewards to Dublin for games (fieldhockey), so everything needs to be ok with his stuff.

RR, good luck with the redec, it's always very exiting to change things for someone who's autistic, but I'm sure she'll love it!

Tech, congrats about the loss! Very good!

Rabbit, What's the Wendie plan? Smt like WW?

Juldiet,
About diabetic diets, the only thing i have read so far is that there is no such such thing as THE Diet for diabetics. Everyone recommends something else, but the main idea is to keep bloodsugar levels stable, which is also a big issue with insuline-resistance. It usually means you have to eat a lot of small meals a day (total "meals" and "mealettes" of about 5-6). There are a lot of sites on the subject,:
www.diabetes.org, American Diabetis Association
www.LifeScan.com

www.diabetes-education.com
http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4764
http://www.diabetic-lifestyle.com/ar...00_healt_1.htm
www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_08_200.htm
www.diabetesnet.com/cyber_kitchen/index.php
diabetesplanner.com/diabetes_menus/default.htm
www.life-with-diabetes.com
www.worldwiderecipes.com, has links to diabetes recipes and lots more

These recipes mostly also fit into everybody's diets here, and they're tasty (I tried some), so we can all use them, especially really good for those of us who suffer from PCOS

Good luck, let us know what you think of it,

see y'all around,
Old 06-27-2002, 05:58 AM   #21  

Vassiliki, Athens (forgot to sign...)
Old 06-27-2002, 03:57 PM   #22  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I am craving Mac & Cheese. And it has to be homemade, not store bought. I have like 4 boxes of store bought in my pantry, but it's not very appealing. I was looking for my WW magazine with the Mac & Cheese on the cover, but I can't find it. At least I think it's on the cover?? Anyone have the recipe, or any homemade mac and cheese recipe??

GG- Please tell about your spinach and beans. I'm always trying to try and like new things, and those are two things that I'm still working on.

Jul- I was going to offer to send you some stuff, as my mom's a certified diabetes educator, she has a lot of materials at her office, but it looks like GG got you covered! The more I think about the child care, the more stressed I get. I thought at first that I'd like to find someone that does it in their home, thinking that would be better. But then I thought, I couldn't trust a stranger that did that, only if it was someone I knew, or a friend of a friend. I'd rather go to a place like Kinder Care that has state regulations they have to adhere to, and are subject to inspections, ya' know? I'd trust them more than a "mom and pop" day care center also. I think I am seriously going to look into working for them also.

RR- Oh, I thought it would go up as they get older, because they supply meals and snacks! Hmm... That's a huge difference...guess it just goes to show how ridiculous cost of living is around here!!

Tech- Congrats on the loss!

Rabbit- Good luck tonight!!

Have a great evening all!
Old 06-28-2002, 05:43 AM   #23  

LBH, here's your Mac & cheese recipe (Healthy version), can't remember where I downloaded it but I have a huge collection so ask away. I'll ask my gran the exact recipe for the spinach-beans thing, it really IS good!

Classic Mac 'n Cheese with a Twist
Serves 6
· 1 pound Elbow Macaroni, Rotini, or other medium pasta shape · 2 tbsp. margarine · 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour · 2 cups milk · 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese · 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper · 1 tsp. salt · 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese Each Serving Provides:
394 Calories
18.6 g Protein
44.7 g Carbohydrates
15.2 g Fat
37.4 mg Cholesterol
700 mg Sodium
Calories from Fat 35%

Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Stir in flour with a whisk and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add Cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir until the cheese has melted. In a large mixing bowl, stir the cheese sauce and pasta together. Spoon into a 1 1/2-quart oven proof casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake until browned on top and hot all the way through, about 30-35 minutes.

hope you like it!

BF is leaving on Monday, so we've got lots of preparations to do, have a nice weekend and look after yourselves!

Old 06-28-2002, 09:07 AM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Thanks GG!!!! I found a recipe on allrecipes.com that I made. It wasn't necessarily light, but I didn't figure out points. It was OK, but not quite the texture I was looking for. It had sour cream in it which gave it a nice little tangyness. It wasn't creamy though. I'm going to try this one though, and see if it's better!!
Old 06-28-2002, 11:42 AM   #25  

Just a little note: When I went shopping last week, I bought 3 pairs of jeans. Size 14 to be safe, size 12 because I thought that was the size I would wear, and size 10 for wishful thinking. Well, the other day I got brave and decided to try the 10's, and they fit. I was so shocked. I could even zip them up with out laying down. Back in January, I couldn't do that with size 16's. Needless to say, I am not going back to wearing the 12's, I am going to go buy more size 10's!!! And the scales are now at 150, for several days, so now I am ready to break 150, and see the 140's!!!
Old 06-28-2002, 12:13 PM   #26  

hello.

Well I had a small loss - 1/4 lb - for my first week at the wendie plan. I was showing a gain up until Wednesday afternoon & then suddenly it was gone - so I thought I'd have a bigger loss maybe, but no such luck. I'm going to keep doing it - AND this time not go 10 pts over on my SHD!

Tech - hooray for your loss! ~ Your job sounds fun.

Jul - Following a diabetic plan would probably be good for you - I'm impressed you'd be willing to do it without needing too! Hooray for you!

Greek - the wendie plan is basically a ww plan - you just vary the amount of points you have day to day.

Lauren - glad you got your mac & cheese!

Lysa - Yeah for your size 10's! ~ And good luck on getting to the 140's!

have a great weekend everyone.

Rabbit
Old 06-29-2002, 02:49 PM   #27  

hi all - just updating my journal - couldn't believe nobody has been at the site since I was here yesterday morning. Everyone must be busy!

have a great weekend.

Rabbit
Old 06-29-2002, 03:13 PM   #28  

Hi! Rabbit I have a good excuse for not being around yesterday - a temp of 102 and a body so sore that no one could touch me.
I'm much better today - still sore, but no fever.

My Dr visit was a suprise I was down 1 lb. Not great for a month, but she thought it was great considering all the traveling we've done over the last month. She is moving me up to 1000 mg. of the gloco stuff (one with breakfast and one with dinner).

Greek: thanks for all those links. I just remember when I was little and we had several friends who were diebetic and they had such strick diets to follow and a long list of things not to eat. I'm glad to see its a little easier to follow these days. I did find www.soulsisters.com that is a great site for PCOS. They have a discussion board too.

I'm off to follow some of those links that Greek posted!
- jul
Closed Thread