Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 05:56 PM   #16  
Donna

Hello All,

Well, WI wasn't pretty I gained back 1.6 of the 2.2 I'd lost the week before. So I guess you could say I'm back on my roller coster. I'm hoping it was just AF (I started mon. pm and WI was tues.) but at least it has me back to journaling. Let's hope this week goes well.

Rabbit - good luck getting back on track!

Karen - Too funny about the dinners , I had the opposite problem last time K went out of town. Good luck with tomorrows goals

Nanci - yea but vacations are worth any havoc they cause .

DB - I don't know why it comes back faster than it goes off, but that's definately true. Good luck getting back OP.

RR - I don't think I'd like running through mud even not PG!!!!

Lys- hope everything works out with the kid, situations like that can be really sad

Well, should go get something done tonight. But will probably bum until K gets home

Have a great day all!!

- Tech
Old 06-20-2002, 08:22 AM   #17  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm Back!!

Hi Everyone!!

I'm back again! I've been around the whole time, reading and lurking but I had been feeling bad about my eating so I was taking a break. A good break not a bad one. I would eat well for a few days and then just go a little crazy for a couple of days. Not too bad, I've certainly learned that my new pigouts are not near as bad as my old ones. Last weekend we went to a friends Saturday night and I had three slices of pizza, a cookie and a little bit of snacks and felt bad but it wasn't really so bad. I did drink a lot of regular non-diet soda so maybe that was why I felt so guilty. And Sunday we had a Fathers' Day barbecue and I had some snacks and one hamburger, some potato salad and dessert. Again, not great but not as horrible as I felt. So Monday morning I decided this would be a great week and it has been so far and I got on the scale this morning and it read 149!! I was so happy to be back under 150 and so I felt I deserved to come back and post!! I don't know if the last three days have been so good or my weekend wasn't so bad but I couldn't be happier about the number this morning. I'm just going to really have to keep it up to be there. If I plateaued around 145 (or less would be nice) for a while then I think I could stop myself from going back over but 149 is still too close. Anyway, that's where I've been - eating and feeling guilty but still in charge!

Otherwise we've just been packing and shopping for the new house which is fun. We take posession on the 2nd of July and move in on the 18th - so exciting.

I've written so much I don't have time to reply to everyone but I'll come back later.

Have a great day,
Elisa
Old 06-20-2002, 10:55 AM   #18  

I'm back for a bit. We spent 5 days in Cleveland and leave tomorrow for Nashville. After that I get 2 weeks home before I go to Philly and my DH goes to Baltimore.

At least I'm maintaining. No gain and no loss.

Hello to everyone.
- jul
Old 06-20-2002, 12:47 PM   #19  

HI ALL!

Well yesterday I measured everything. That has got to help. Plus I am trying the"wendie plan" that I read about on ww's site. Basically it is about alternating your points daily so your body does not adjust to one pt value. Sounded interesting, so I'm trying it - I like trying new things.

RR - I'd say this is not the year for the mud race!

Tech - sorry about the gain.

Elisa - hi and welcome back! Cool that you are under 150.

Jul - nice to have you check in! Enjoy your travels.

Rabbit
OP since 6/19/02
Old 06-20-2002, 01:39 PM   #20  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Rabbit - I had heard about the "Wendie Plan" too and I thought it sounded really interesting. A lot of people seemed to say that it helped them get out of a rut or a plateau. I can't remember where I read about it (somewhere on this site actually) but maybe you can post the details if anyone wants to try it. I had thought I'd try it when I hit a plateau and then forgot. Keep us posted on how it works for you and good luck!!
Old 06-20-2002, 01:50 PM   #21  

HI ALL! I guess I am back for now. Have heard nothing from the girl. I just hope she is ok. I have no way to get a hold of her, and her "aunt" isn't trying to reach her right now. But I will tell you if I hear anything!!!

The scales are doing the bounce routine between 150, and 155. AF is here, so maybe in a few days I will be at 150 and stay there for a while. I have had a problem lately with Mr. Good bars. I have only been eating 2 little snack bars at a time which is only 80 calories, but I would rather be spending those 80 calories on something more substancial. Oh well, at least I am not eating whole candy bars like I used to.

Well, I found an answer to my depression. The dr. was going to put me on Zoloft, which I didn't want to do, but I needed to be off of St. John's wart for 2 weeks before I tried the Zoloft. Well, the day before the Dr. told me to take Zoloft, my friend read an article about how light affects seratonin uptake, and told me about it. So I decided that during the 2 weeks I would try increasing the light in my house; which before I kept my house pretty dark (few lights, and the curtains shut). Now I have all the lights on in the livingroom and curtains open. I feel great!!! There have been a few days that I was lax in turning on the light, and I could tell the difference. Oh, and PMS this month was way better!!!

Rabbit - I do know that your measurements can change even when your weight doesn't. I hope that will help you stay focused, and I hope you do good on your new plan.

Jul - Hope you are having fun!!! And Maintain is definitely better than a gain!!!

Elisa - I am aiming in your weight direction!!! I hope we both get/stay under 150 permanantly!!! If I get there, it will be the lowest I have been in 10 years. The move sounds exciting. I hope all goes real well for you.

Tech - AF has a way of doing that to a person. That's where I am right now too. So, by the end of the week I hope we both see big losses!!!

RR - I think I would be afraid of the mud race anyway. But PG would definitely rule it out!!!

Nanci - Welcome back from vacation. Did you have fun?

Karen - While you are eating out, remember that there are healthy choices even in the restauraunts, and that their portions are huge. Save some for the next day's lunch. And my favorite... McDonald's Chicken Ceaser Salad Shaker is only 100 calories!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 04:25 PM   #22  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

It's soo nice to see more people back and posting! The life has come back to our board! Hey, what do you all think of like, a question of the day, or trivia a couple times a week or something to keep us entertained? I've seen it on some other boards and it seems like fun.

Lyss- Sorry to hear about your little girl. I hope everything turns out alright for her. Hope AF brings the scale down for you! And that's a step in the right direction just eating a couple snack size candy's! As far as the depression, that's great that opening the curtains and lights has helped you, I've read that before...I think it's the natural sunshine that's supposed to help, not sure about aritificial lighting. I remember seeing a light that was being sold somewhere that mimiced natural light just for that purpose. If you still feel you need it, go ahead with the Zoloft though.

Rabbit- I remember reading something about that Wendie plan awhile ago, good luck with it, it does make sense.

Jul- Nice to see you! Sounds like you're crazy busy these days!! Enjoy your upcoming break!

Elisa- Glad you delurked! You know, 3 pcs of pizza really isn't that bad when you think that it could've been something much worse!!

Tech- Sorry to hear of the gain, but it sounds like there's a good chance it was the hag!!

RR- Yeah, uh, no mud race for you this year!! (Like Refman would let you anywhere near it!!)

Nanci- Hope you get caught up soon!!

Karen- How are those goals coming? When is DH coming back? You're having salads for all those dinners, right? And air-popped popcorn for dessert?

Brat- Nice to see you! Hope everything works out with the ex.

I did go to Curves Tuesday night. Went around twice before I was too pooped. Didn't get my clothes packed for tonight though. It did feel good to get back, tired as I was, so I will try to get back to it more regularly.

Think I hear thunder out there, may have to slip out of work a few minutes early, to avoid the storm...more like to close my windows!!

Have a great evening all!!
Old 06-20-2002, 10:04 PM   #23  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Well, not so good today. However, we got out of school early tonight so I went to the grocery store and picked up some healthy fruit and stuff. I have planned for tomorrow, but I had already made plans to have dinner at a very unhealthy restaraunt in the evening. It's a small polish place and they only have pierogies, stuffed cabbage and kielbasa. Oh, well, I guess the beet soup is healthy.......PPPUUUKKEEEE!!!

At least I will have healthy breakfast and lunch.

Will catch up later!!

Karen
Old 06-21-2002, 03:16 AM   #24  

Default FRIDAY!

Hi everyone!

I have had a very busy week so did't have much time to write. Have not been op (SAY something!!!!), but reasonable according to my fitday log. Have been following all of you, though.
No more TV for me (thank god, it really pooped me out, although it was fun), hope to go somwhere this weekend, it's holy spirit day. I have a wedding and a christening to go to, today and tomorrow so it's ging to be fun! Only, no Greek party goes without food.... OK I will keep to the grilled ans salads....Tell you about it on Monday.
I had a very good OP day yesterday, AND fries! I made them myself, they're called "guiltless fries" and they taste really good! The recipe is in the food! section under one of my threads easy and quick recipes. I felt doubly ok, because I did have the fries and did not have to feel bad about them because they are very low cal!!!

My colleague here (Greek-American from NY) just got a box of Havana cigars. I don't smoke, but she gave me one anyway because I just Love the smell...It's lying on my keybord as we speak...

Lyssa, very sorry for the girl, we can only hope...Good you found out about the light, doctors are sooooooo easy today with prescribing drugs for these kind of complains!

Karen, eat something you will really enjoy and get back to op again, once in a while is ok I guess.

Everyone,

have a wonderful and OP weekend Vassiliki from ly hot Athens
Old 06-21-2002, 05:06 AM   #25  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Well, I have had a "pop" of the stomach this week, so non maternity wear is now out!!!!! It is kind of nice that people ask"RU pg???" instead of just feeling heavier....THank goodness for hospital scrubs!!!!I had to move to the medium pants and I took the next step in ordering the "panel"!!!!!!!

It is great to see everyone again!!!Elisa-Yeah on the house!!!Take some pics and let us see it!!!!!

Have a great day...Off to work!!!!
Vicki
Old 06-21-2002, 11:38 AM   #26  

hello.

I had a one pound loss last night at weigh in. I've been charting my progress for the last 7 weeks and in that time I've lost 4.5 (really 4.6) pounds. That's a little over 1/2 pound per week, not stellar by any means, but I'm moving in the right direction. Maybe this wendie thing will help. I definitely think it will help that I am weghing & measuring everything again. That'll keep me honest!

Elisa - I went to pointingmywaytoanewlife.com to get info on the wendie plan. There are different sites though - if you go to google.com and type in wendie plan, it will bring some up.

Lyssa - the light thing is interesting. Ds had a roommate at school for awhile who had a special light he had to use in the winter for light therapy. ~ I started doing measurements again at the beginning of my 7 week chart - forgot to do them at the beginning of June - will have to remember at the start of July.

Lauren - the only scarey part of the plan is that on your super high day you are supposed to have 10 points over your maximum. Makes me nervous. You stay within your weekly point allotment though - at the high end.

Karen - Beet soup??!?? Oh no.

Greek - what is holy spirit day? ~ It is also warm here - in the 90's and with a lot of humidity.

RR - I'm sure those scrubs are a lifesaver!

have a great weekend all!

Rabbit
OP since 6/19/02
Old 06-21-2002, 11:12 PM   #27  

Well, not much new here. We got a loan, that will hopefully help us get a second car. We really need it, too. Being stuck at home with four kids and no transportation in Houston is not fun.

I am not wanting to look at the scales at all until AF leaves. I know I am still doing really well on my diet, and that helps, but when the scales stop going down, it brings me down. The good news is, I am in need of new clothes!!! Most of my clothes are just too big on me now.

Rabbit - I know you are doing good. I think keeping your metabolism guessing may be a good idea. If it doesn't know how much food it is going to get, it doesn't know when to slow down and get satisfied with a perticular weight.

RR - What an exciting time. It is definitely nice when people can tell that the fat you've got is all baby. Enjoy your glowing phase!!!

GG - Busy weeks are good at getting us off plan. Just remember, when life settles down, you can get back on point, and stay there. I will have to find that "guiltless fry" recipe, sounds good.

Karen - How was the polish food?

LBH - Glad you went back to Curves. Exercise is definitely good for you right now.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:44 AM   #28  

hi all.

I have a party to go to today so I planned today as my SHD - super high day. Makes me nervous still! The day before & the day after a SHD are SLD. Af stuck her head out this morning - no wonder I've been having the hungries.

Lyssa - hope you find a car you want. Not having transportation is tough. ~ Congrats on needing new sizes!! ~ I think it should be good to eat at difft. point values - it requires control though!

have a great weekend girls!

Rabbit
Old 06-22-2002, 11:28 PM   #29  

Dh got his car (well, technically he gets it tomorrow morning) and I got some clothes. When I started this new way of life, I was barely able to fit into my size 16's. Tonight, I bought size 12 jeans. They are a little snug, but they fit better than my 16's did back in January (I had to lay down just to zip them up). I also bought a size 10 so when the 12's get too big, I already have a pair of jeans. So, size 3, here I come.

Rabbit - I hope you enjoyed your party!!!
Closed Thread