Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: maintaining at 135-140

Height: 5'5"

Valerie,

I just wanted to comment here to applaud your attitude. You are very inspiring, and I wish everyone could read what you wrote here!

I went from being very overweight in high school to being very underweight and anorexic in college and for several years after. It took me a long time to come to terms with food and my body. I finally feel as if I'm at a healthy spot with my weight, but more importantly, with the way I feel about myself.

It is still a struggle sometimes, to be honest, and I find myself slipping into old behaviors occasionally, but I try to recognize it when it happens. "Food is not the enemy" - YES, so true!

When I read Violin Jenn's post, I immediately recognized that behavior as anorexic behavior. As you probably know, anorexia nervosa literally means fear of gaining weight. Jenn, I am glad you recognize this bahavior, and I hope you take the advice you have been given here and take care of yourself! Your health is much more important than your weight, so be good to YOU!

Last edited by Bluebird; 01-26-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling :P
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

"It is still a struggle sometimes, to be honest, and I find myself slipping into old behaviors occationally, but I try to recognize it when it happens."

EXACTLY!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I slipped into anorexia as a 16 year old. I didn't eat for long periods of time. Weeks and months at a time. I finally realized what I was doing when people kept telling me how thin I was and I all I saw in the mirror were my faults/flab/you-name-it. I found myself slipping into it a few more times as I entered my 20's but now I know that you lose weight, you must eat.

Thank you for saying I'm inspiring. That made me feel great!! I am just trying to be successful like everyone else... but if I can help some one else who is going through the same things that I am... it makes all the difference to me.

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote