Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something Chat Tues Jan 29th

hey all..hope everyone is well. I'm meeting with my personal trainer tonight. Hopefully work goes smoothly, we'll see.

Hannah - hang in there..hope things with sean get better...hugs for you

hey to everyone else
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

We are up watching Happy Feet this morning. I don't think we will be going much of anywhere today - it supposed to get below zero again and incredibly windy with snow.

Hi GG!

Joan - DH is going to run the Grandma's Marathon in Duluth this summer. He has run the Twin Cities Marathon before. I will make a good bystander again!

Will check back in later! Need to get breakfast going, etc.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning GG, DD, and all 3FC up and at it this morning! Not much planned today except finding a way to dress my 8 year old DS up as Thomas Edison for a play this week.

Everyone stay warm and have a good one!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Morning all

There is definitly a learning curve for the new position. My previous managers are definitly spoiled. I think I will tell them that the next time I see them too . I have to do the floor moves, price changes, damages, and all the other stuff ~ without having staff work with me ~ so I also have to man the register. (Old bosses had at least one other person to man the registers)

Hanna, Has the school suggested anything?

GG, glad you had a better day. Hope today is even better yet.

Well not much going on here, I tried to sleep in but that didn't work. I am off today and tomorrow. Last night I was going to come home and work on my exersize ball ~ but got a call from one of my guy friends from college. I would rather talk to him than exersize .

to yall. I will check in later ~ time to take the laundry downstairs and do my workout. ~gotta stretch out my back~

Later,
Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #5  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all,

I has been a few days since I posted. I went home to visit family for the weekend and then have been having some medical issues to deal with. Hopefully I will be able to get back to working out today. I haven't worked out since Wednesday and I feel so sluggish. DH stayed home from work with me yesterday but went today and son is getting ready for the bus right now. As soon as he is out the door I need to give daughter a bath so that I can go get my eyes checked. Then we are going to go get hair cuts. Talk to you all soon.

Last edited by fightingtolose; 01-29-2008 at 08:57 AM.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Hanna, I'm soo sorry Sean is having such a rough time. The doc doesn't have any suggestions?? Any new, experimental treatments?? How did it go with the new people from the county?? Did they have any good news for you? Lowes will honor the BB&B coupon?? I didn't know that!!

Joan, your new bike is a recumbant? Glad you like it.

Danger, I love your dog. I wish my old cat would've been that bright. He just used to crap on the rug in the bathroom every night. When he wasn't crapping just outside his little box.

Christina, Hope the little guy is feeling better!

Trapped, How'd the chili turn out? Care to share the recipe with us?

Lvly, Girl, never go shopping when you're hungry!! At least not without someone that can discipline you!!

Holli, Glad you're starting to feel better! Congrats on the 2 lbs.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Everyone...

GG ~ thanks for the info on the hydraulic lifts, etc., etc... Amazing that some of them have pools. I can't wait to see this facility; should be really interesting. Hope that you have a good day.

Delta ~ My DH wants to run the Twin Cities Marathon in October. We always go as a family but we're thinking that it'd be fun for just the two of us to go. No kids... my body might go into shock LOL. I hope that it works out. If it doesn't then we'll all go as a family to the Rocket City one in December.

cr ~ Thomas Edison... you're on your own with that one... can't think of a thing other than maybe some old spectacles. How are you feeling today with the new medicine? I hope that you're adjusting to it like Holli seems to be.

Lisa ~ enjoy your days off. Those are few and far between for you!

fightingtolose ~ I hope that this is nothing serious and that you're feeling better shortly.

Lauren ~ calm down... don't get too excited about Lowe's honoring BB&B coupons LOL. I think that Hanna put both places in the same sentence but meant that BB&B would honor it's own 20% coupon ~ not Lowe's. I must admit that I got kind of excited too and had to reread... BB&B is a cool store. They have a huge sale going on right now and it's killing me not to go buy some stuff. It's super cheap but we don't *need* any of it. $$$ is really tight this month so I'm watching it big time. Oh, and yes the bike is a recumbent.

Holli ~ I read your post from last night and I'm so happy for you! You've been diligent with food and exercise and the scale is finally showing results. Good for you Girlie!

Hanna ~ I am so sorry that Sean isn't doing well. This is all so unfair. I'm glad that you have the little girl to cheer you up a bit.

Time to get my fanny on the bike. I have got to start dragging my buns out of bed earlier to exercise before everyone gets up in the morning. I like doing it before I shower and get myself ready for the day. Getting up early to start a new routine is sooooo hard but I've done it before so I know that I can do it again. I need early bird Pam to give me some tips...

Hugs ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #8  
LBH

Joan, Thanks!! I guess I should've read slower! Darn-it!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Well, Joan, I'll give you one tip...try to make sure your son doesn't wake up at 3 :30 am...yes, Frankie was up that early today, and he couldn't fall asleep until 9:30 last night, so he's a t school on 6 hours sleep...he usually gets 10. He looked like the walking dead this am, but he wanted to go. I told him I'd pick him up rather than ride the bus home...

I think it's easier for me to get up cause DH is up at 5...have my coffee & wathc the news for an hour then get my butt in gear (not today though!!).

I really don't have a lot to do today...went to AC Moore for a few cake things, got a lot of orders coming up ths month (YAY!!) so I'm buying my supplies a little at a time.

Hanna...honey, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. said a prayer for you & the family...hoping you can all find a solution. I know I haven't been here long, but has it always bee this way with him?? I can't even imagine...big hugs to you, girl.

GG..seems like you had a better day yesterday. Great job on the working out!!

Holli...congrats on the 2 lb loss.

Ok, I'm gonna ask a rude question....I've thought about asking the doc for Cymbalta (or something) before because I go through bouts of feeling sad, tired, and not wanting to do much, also, getting really short-tempered with the kids for small things...not sure if this is depression...do those of you that use it have big issues?? I don't go to the doc often, so I'm hesitant to even bring it up to him, but thought I would get your girls' take on it...Thanks

Alicia...don't you hate when you don't buy something, then decide you want it & it's gone??!! It is so irritating!! Hope you find something that works. AS for BBB coupons, I have to look into the Lowe's thing. I do know that BBB will take LNT coupons, as well as expired ones. Something I just found out last month, they will take more than one coupon at a purchase, liek if you want to buy two items, you can use two coupons...never knoew that before...I always used to make two trips!!

Lauren, how's your mom doing?? My mom has an appt with the urologist today, to see what they can do for her...nothing's happened yet, so hopefully they can take care of it, cause she's missing work/in pain!

I gotta go get Cadence from school, hope everyone has a great day...will try to check back later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hanna, lol, I am sorry I don't know how I confused you about my brother. He has been in boot camp for the Marines. He definately got through this time. He graduates this Friday! Yay for him! So he is in the military, but still going through the training. He broke bones during boot camp which prolonged his graduation. We are sure he is in the record books somewhere as the longest stay in boot camp ever. He is a very sweet kid. Hope I cleared it up? I am very sorry about Sean, Big hugs to you! Now I am confused about the coupons, I also have a HD coupon, I wondered if lowes would honor that? Since they are in competition. I saw bueatiful hardware at lowes. However, it was not big enough to fit my window. (Its over 100in long). I would have to buy an extender. The extender they had, I would have to spray paint to match.

Pam, I hope the doc does something for your mom. I can't imagine sitting around in pain like that. Big hugs to her.

Joan, I had to look up Colin Firth after our chat. It looks like he will be in a few films coming out the spring, YAY! Oh and we havent been anywhere without kids in 12 years, lol. That should be fun.

Hey Dawn, it sounds so cold, I don't think I would go out either!

Hey to everyone else!

DH is working from home, so I've putzed around even more than usuall today. I have errands that I just have to get done. No work out yet today.

Hope everone has a great afternoon!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #11  
LBH

Pam, my DH gets up at 5 also, and I've considered just getting up then and going for a walk...think I need to wait until it's warmer though, just can't drag my butt out of bed in the cold! Teach Frankie to count sheep....or shadows on the ceiling, as Peter did last night! Mom's doing OK, but is having a lot of diarrhea (sorry tmi). I think that's a side effect of the tube feedings though. At least she has Depends. The stones have not passed for your mom? Did they give her any meds to help? I don't know how those are treated. I know my cousin (a guy) had them last year and they needed to be "blasted".

Oh, as for your symptoms...I do not suffer from depression, formally, but I am pretty short tempered with the kids, especially Peter. I also get pretty bad PMS, the emotional side. My mom, DH and my midwife all suggested a happy pill...Wellbutrin. Midwife told me she takes it and it's just enough to get her through the day. Mom was taking it and she thought it helped her a bit. So I asked my primary about it and he thought Wellbutrin would be a great pill to take, because it has relatively few side effects. He called it, "a nice safe drug". My friend, who doesn't have an official diagnosis, but is borderline depressed, and probably has adult ADD, just started taking it a couple months ago and says that she can definitely see a slight improvement. They start you off on one pill a day, think it's 150 mg.? Anyway, you do that for 2 wks., then if you think you need it, the doc will up it to twice a day. I am prescribed twice a day, but I always forget to take it. Make an appt. with your primary and talk about trying it.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #12  
KAR

Afternoon everyone,
It is a rainy day here. So rainy in fact that I want to take a nap. But that won't be happening anytime soon. Did get up this morning and do my walking video so I got my excerise in. Looking forward to going to TOPS tonight. I am curious to see what my weight is. I bought batteries for the scale at home, put them in and the scale won't work. So I bought a new from Avon last night and just waiting for it to arrive on Thursday. Hoping that I see the numbers go down. Keep your fingers crossed!
Pam hope your son makes it through the day w/o any major problems. What caused him to get up so early? Are you going to sneak in a nap this afternoon?
GG hope your workout with your p/t tonight is a great one. Glad work went a little bit better for you yesterday.
Lisa enjoy your two days off. Other than laundry and excerise what other exciting things are you planning on days off?
Hi to everyone else. My kids are coming back from computers. I will check back in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #13  

good morning all!

i am in such a great mood today...its a good good day!..really not sure why but im not gonna argue with it

my little mario is feeling better today..he is at daycare...we'll see if i get a call!

my dominic...i cant even tell you guys..the ones who have been there through all of his drama last year...he is doing WONDERFUL...better than i would have ever expected or hoped for...so 2 weeks ago he was moved to a different house..more personal responsilbility, more freedom...more ways to hang himself really..and he is doing everything perfectly...he went for an interview on thursday at sears..his first interview ever...he had a 2nd interview yesterday...he got his first job!...he asked for mens footwear...that is what he got...i am so proud of him...i dont know if anyone could ever know how happy i am for him

gg: have a great workout with your trainer tonight...i love going to my trainer...how often do you go?...i only go monday and wednesday..just wondering what others do

delta: have fun watching movies...stay warm!..

crbowles: good luck getting him an outfit..thats a hard one for me...

lisa: you probably mentioned it so sorry for asking again...what is your new position..i remember you were interviewing...congrats!..wish you had more help though

fightingtolose: hope you get through everything soon..hang in there!

lauren: thanks sweetie..he is doing well today!...when do you get to take your test again?

pam: i couldnt imagine waking up at 330 am...im barely up at 645...my kids are sleepers...and i am thankful!...try to get a little nap in if you can

alicia: hi!!!!...how are you...ive missed posts...have a great day!

hanna: im praying for you and sean and your hubby..hang in there!..you are a wonderful mommy and sean is lucky to have you!

holli: congrats on your weight loss

joan: im with you..i like working out in the morning..my problem...little mario will wake up...im really not sure why..but its like he knows im not sleeping so it must be time for him to wake up...i dont get it...good luck getting back in your routine

ok all...i have to get to work..have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #14  

kerry: we were posting at the same time...good luck tonight with your weigh in...what is TOPS?...is it like weight watchers?...sorry about your scale...i saw a scale from curves i think it was in the avon catalog i just got..is that the one you bought?...let me know how it works..i was looking at it and thinking about getting it...have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ I've wondered the same thing about myself. I'm basically a happy person and yet I have periods of feeling sad and lonely. I think much of mine is related to my weight. When I exercise and take better care of myself I feel better. However, I do believe that there is "something" else there as well. Depression certainly runs in my family but God forbid any one actually call it that! Big hugs to you sweetheart...

Alicia ~ Colin Firth in a new movie??????? I need to run errands but must look that up beforehand lol! I love that man... now I'm the one blushing like a schoolgirl!

Lauren ~ You're always so good about sharing information ~ thank you for being so open with us!

kerry ~ have a good afternoon!

Christina ~ I am sooooo happy for you and your family. I remember your posts from last year when you were feeling so sad and scared. So glad that all is turning out well for Dominic.

Gotta run to the grocery store. Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote