Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Somethings Chat: Wednesday, January 30th, 2008

Morning Everyone.

Weigh In Wednesday and the only day that I seem to be able to force myself to get off my toosh and post something on here. Weight bounced down a little after last week's spike. (I don't expect miracles, but I _do_ expect things to start to go DOWN, not UP. )

Didn't have a great week, so I'm actually surprised to see the weight down. Work has kept me VERY busy so I'm not getting my treadmill in and I was south of the boarder this past weekend (in West Springfield, MA for a HUGE model train show). Travel means dining out - fortunately, much of it was "good food" as opposed to fast food. Also, being at the train show meant being on my feet pretty much 9-5 both Sat and Sun....and there were few snacks to get into.

Hopefully I can get things back under control (worked late last night to get caught up from taking Friday and Monday off work to drive to MA) and get back into my fitness routine. My Pilates video came just before I left last week, so I plan on seeing what that can do for me; I think I might watch it through a couple times to get an idea what to expect. I've never done yoga or pilates or anything like that before, so I'm a rank amateur.

Okay.....time to nab that shower and get the nose back to the grindstone.
to everyone who said HI and offered words of encouragement. They didn't go unnoticed and are always appreciated. I'll try and be a better participant....though I seem to be saying that every time I post.

Take care & stay motivated.

:Lawrence
Railroadin' Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #2  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hey, all. I need to be brutally honest here and just tell you I'm about to do something really selfish... I'm moving to the WW at Home board. There's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much going on in my life right now that I honestly can't keep up with all of you here, and I feel guilty when I miss days and don't get to say hi to everyone individually. On the WW at Home board, there are not many people, so it's just easier for me to keep up there because I don't have to get on every day and I don't feel like I have missed EVERYTHING while I was gone.

In the last two days, I've been told Kegan (my two-year-old) has a bleeding disorder, and Creed (my six-year-old) has to have surgery - again! My dad's still in chemo, my brother's still in the midst of an abusive marriage with four kids in the middle of it all, my sister is about to move back here to Kentucky from North Carolina and needs my help to get a lot of things done, our worship leader's baby was born and just went home last night (he's sooooooooooooo sweet!!!), so we have to practice extra for the next two weeks to work with someone new who's filling in, and I am severely overwhelmed. Take care, and maybe I'll be able to come back when life slows down a bit.

God bless you all! Lord knows you're all a blessing to me!

~Megan
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

Rooster- Hope you have a better week!

Megan- You and your family will be in my prayers!

I've got the kids off to school and have to get DH to the airport for an overnight trip to Houston, then I have to go babysit for a friend. Her soon to be ex-DH is in Iraq and she has no family here.

Not much else going on, but I hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Renee
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

morning all...got to sleep in some....it felt great. i'm finally down to where i started weight wise at the holidays...171. now if i could only break thr the 170's. It would be ice. I'm only 3 lbs from the 20 lb mark. I need to work extra hard these next few weeks to get down there.

Roo- hey there buddy...glad to hear you have lost weight..hang in there
megan- sorry to hear you are going thr all this stuff...hang in there.

not sure yet what i'm going to do today. I think im going to take the dog hiking this mornign (once it warms up some). I've got laundry to do, go ride the pony, and clean the house some. I think my day off will go very fast.

Alright all...i'll check back later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

It is still incredibly cold here - another day in the house. The schools are starting late because it is too cold for kids to wait for the bus.

Welcome back, Rooster!
Megan - We will miss you. Please know that we will be thinking about you.
GG - enjoy your day off!
Hi Renee!!

We were considering a small group tonight at our new church, but with DS last few days of seperation anxiety, I am not sure if it is a good idea. I think we might give it a little more time. I already called the library and told them to give someone else our storytime spot - I just don't think he is quite ready yet.

Does anyone belong to a Moms Club? I am considering joining the local group here.

Well, need to make sure that DS is not driving DH nuts while he is getting ready for work and attempt to get a workout in.

Have a good day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning i think i could use a gallon of coffee today!!!! well it is so cold the schools are delays 2 hours right now it -15 with the wind yuck!!!!!! gives me a good reason to stay in. well i weighted in and i am down 1 lb. well need to get kids moving here . hope everyone has a great day and try too stay warm!!!!!!
hugs
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #7  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all,

It is a frigid morning here. The wind chill is -21. Needless to say son is has no school today which means I miss another day of college. I haven't been there since last Wednesday. I only go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. But I had to be gone last Friday, didn't go on Monday because I had to go to the doctor and her only open appointment was during my classes, plus with my issues, I wouldn't have gone anyway. I was planning on going back today so I could get things back to normal for me. But I will have to wait until Friday. At least my teachers are understanding. I just e-mail them and let them know and they keep me up on what is going on. I have to go back to the doctor today to get blood drawn YUCK... Then off to pick up some groceries and maybe take the kids to the library. I worked out for 45 minutes yesterday and it felt good. Hopefully I will get to do it again when I put daughter down for rest time this afternoon. My son can watch after himself while I work out, he is 9. But daughter likes to try and get on or around the treadmill when I am on it so I don't like to get on it while she is up. Well I hope you all have a warmer and good day.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

RoosterDude! It's always good hearing from you. Good luck with the Pilates!

Megan ~ Girl, you have one seriously full plate. You don't sound selfish at all. You need to do what works best for you! You've come such a long way and we'd all hate to see you lose your momentum. Continued good luck!

Hi Renee! Happy babysitting...

GG ~ good feeling to be down to your pre-holiday weight again. I just hit that this week as well. Considering that we're still in the month of January I think that's pretty good. Enjoy your day off work ~ you deserve it!!

Morning Dawn ~ I belonged to a Mom's Group at our neighborhood and *loved* it. It's a great way of meeting other moms that have children around the same age as yours. I still keep in touch with a few of them even though we've moved.

Hi Adah ~ Yikes but that is cold! It's 14 here this a.m. How many kids do you have and what are the ages?

Yo fightingtolose ~ Sorry to hear about your missing school. That's great though that your teachers are being understanding. Have fun with the kiddies...

I did my bike twice yesterday. Once in the morning and then again in the evening. I'm a maniac, out of control, truth is... it's a little worrisome;-). I like that bike a lot! DH works home on Wednesdays and my little one is having a playdate here this afternoon. So, I need to go exercise and get a shower in. Happy Hump Day... writing that always reminds me of Sheila... I miss her naughty sense of humor ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Joan, You're going to have the buffest legs around!

Fighting, hope your day gets better!

Adah, congrats on the pound!!

Dawn, when I was unemployed a couple years ago, i tried to find a local mom's group and all I could find were a bunch of stuck up SAHM! Nothing like my SAHM friend IRL and here.

GG, you're soo close!! You'll be there in no time!

Megan, you don't have to feel guilty!! You do what you need to do and make sure you take care of yourself! I'll be praying for you and your family.

Roo! Soo good to see you, miss you around here! Congrats on being down a bit.

Retaking my RE exam tonight...good thoughts please!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

laruen - good luck in the exam.

joan - keep up biking and in no time you remind me of that commercial where this guy with large legs walks around the world and then you find out he's helps ride the bike that makes the world spin (i think its for monster.com). good for you though.

I ran errands this am...had lunch and next going to see the pony. Don't think i'll ride however...with the wind chill its FRIGID out there.

alright all..hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Good luck tonight Lauren.

Megan, I'm sure we will see you around..Sorry to hear about the boys health issues. Come back to say hi sometime. Big hugs to you and the fam.

Wish I could get back to pre holiday, pre moving weight. Good for those of you that have.

Roo, congrats on your loss. Let us know how the pilates works out.

Joan, glad you're enjoying the bike.

Went to the grocery store last night. Picked up AWFUL food choices. Instead of sweets its "tangy". Olives, Hummus, which isn't bad till I smather it on the loaf of italian bread I bought. No wonder, huh?

Was suppose to run errands today. Don't know if I'll get them in or not. Started cleaning. Then I decided to do some "touch ups" on my painting. Well now I will have to go back and touch up the trim. I am gonna get my workout in before Spencer gets home from school.

Hey to everyone else! Have a great day everyone.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Luck tonight Lauren! You will do fine, just remember to relax.

GG, I know what you mean aoubt being too cold to ride. On days like this, my g'pa just goes and visits his horse.

Megan, don't forget us, remember to pop in everyonce in a while to let us know whats going on. I will keep you in my prayers.

Roo, enjoy the vidio. Keep up the good work.

Today is finishing up laundry (sheets and towels). Nothing else exciting going on. My next day off is Sunday, but thats cool cause its the Super Bowl.

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 01-30-2008 at 01:58 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #13  
KAR

Afternoon,
Well I went to TOPS last night, which is Take Off Pounds Sensibly support group. I was up 1.5 on the scales. The only thing I can think that would cause that would be from lack of sleep. So I am keeping a postive mindset and moving on. Hoping for a good wi next Tuesday. Enough about me.
Roo glad to hear from you. Congrats on the scale going down! Enjoy your pilates dvd.
Megan I understand about being busy with family and stuff. So do what you have to do. I will say prayers for you and your family. Just drop in once in awhile to say hi.
GG glad that you are enjoying your day off. You sure do desevre it after the last couple days you have had at work.
Alicia, sounds like you are keeping yourself busy today. Hope you get your workout in before you go pick up Spencer from school.
Lauren good luck on your exam tonight. Hope you have had a nice day and are calm before taking your exam.
Hi to everyone else. I need to go and get ready for my kids to come back from their special. Chat with you all later.
Have a wonderful afternoon!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #14  
Smartypants

Hi everyone!!! I'm home for lunch so can't type long, just wanted to share I woke up to another 1 lb loss today So yuppers I got me a new ticker! K I'll pop back in tonight
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Holli, congrats!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote