Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat Thursday 6/14

Good Morning!!! I NEED THE WEEKEND TO SLEEP LATE!!!!(at least until 6am ) Work has been really busy..
Ok..off to the real world@@
Take care everyone!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning RR....i second that weekend...well at least sunday. I work this Saturday too...so no sleeping in til Sunday. Keeping fingers crossed that i won't be working another 11 - 12 hour day....and that it will not be chaotic...but somehow it seems whenever boss is out of town all the crazy emergencies come in. At least i did get sleep...had 3 glasses of wine with dinner and passed out at 9 LMAO. So at least i'm feeling slightly more refreshed...as refreshed as can be with all the work i've been doing
by all...i'll try to check back later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' RR! Ditto on that weekend thang. I have tomorrow off so insulation can get blown into my house...so I'll get to crash until at least 6 myself! Sooooo excited. Though I do want to run out and grab donuts for the guys. We'll see.

Mornin' everyone else! I'm really sorry I haven't been responding and reassuring all individually. I promise to get caught up...soon. Today I have 4 panels reporting and yesterday I had a full house too...and I have to scamper to get everything done since I'll be OOTO tomorrow.

Christina: Thanks for the protein tip! Yes, this book stresses eating plans similar to the Bodybuilding Diet, South Beach, Insulin Resistence, etc....so protein is very key. Also low sugars, good carbs, etc. It also discusses foods that are basically the "enemy" of your thyroid. Things like raddishes (sp?) which I LOVE and broccoli, etc. Anyway, yesterday was the first full day that I stuck with cleaner eating and taking my supplements-Flaxseed Oil, Primrose Oil and a multi vitamin. I'm also taking a spoonful of coconut oil. Yes, all this may seem crazy.....BUT, I dropped 2 pounds and am at my lowest weight in 17 days, and I actually felt great all day yesterday...even on my lower dose of Synthroid!

I also went to our local health food store and stocked up on natural soda, vitamin water, and lots of other yummy treats! I love that place! I'll be shopping there a LOT. It's great.

Basically here's my deal: Since medicine is obviously not going to be the total answer (I should have known better than to think it would be), I am going to go at this disease with a natural approach too! I'm tellin' ya, I feel really good today!

This Judge in D.C. that is suing his dry cleaner's is a total nutjob! 5+ million dollars for a pair of pants? What the HE-double hockey sticks is this country coming to?

Kerri: I haven't chatted with you in awhile, so I wanted to say HI and I love ya babe!

Sheila/Karen K./Lauren/Joan/GG/Lisa/Clover/Vanessa/Kirsten/Michelle/Michelle B./Lois Lane/and all you gorgeous 3FC ladies out there-Good Morning Sunshines!

Have a great day! I have to eat some oatmeal, get my coffee in, pee and touch up hair and makeup, throw on my blazer and get ready to charm these lovely citizens about to show up to do their civil duty. Yesterday's group was pretty nice (except for one lady that refused to speak to me @ check in----I'm like....I wanted to tell her: "Ya know, you ARE going to have to talk when the Judge and attorneys ask you questions!)" But, I kept my mouth shut!

BTW, my listed weight isn't correct, but I'm too lazy to make the change. I'm at 152.2 now (I had gone up to almost 157 about a week ago)!

Love ya all, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

• Hey RR I agree the weekend. We are suppose to go to the company bbq in sheridan wyo. I told DH I will be the DD so he could kick back and have some fun but apparently we have to take trolleys in to the ranch. I still think I will just stick to the good stuff so i am not hung over.
GG: How ya doing?Hopfully today will be easier on you. by the way the pics of your house...............pretty

Melinda: You are just like a fart in a skillet I bet. I love ya yu can cheer someone up instantly. Have a great day

Everyone else have a great day I will check in later.

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All...too tired for words yet...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Melinda: You are just like a fart in a skillet I bet. I love ya yu can cheer someone up instantly. Have a great day

A fart in a skillet???!?? Wow I have never heard that before. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I am with Lauren, I need some caffeine.

talk to you all later.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 AM   #7  
sheila

Oh that is a good thing that is a big compliment. Meaning she always stays busy. I guess that is wyoming lingo.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post

You are just like a fart in a skillet I bet.
OK, my caffeine deprived self missed this the first time.

KAREN! And anyone else it applies to... Did you see the recall notice on the wooden Thomas trains?! I know you have the wooden ones. Ours are all metal, so there's no problem there, as of yet. I don't have the link handy, but I heard it on the news yesterday. They have lead in the paint.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #9  

Good Morning All....i Am Soooooooo Tired This Morning..dh Didnt Bring My 2 Year Old Back From Gmas Last Night Till Almost Midnight!..what The Heck Is He Thinking That A 2 Year Old Will Get Up This Morning, So Not Looking Forward To It....ugghhhh

Gg: Good Luck Today..hope You Have A Consistant Day, Not Overwhelming And Not Slammed....i Totally Know What You Mean About The Front Girls Calling To Remind Of Appts...the Girls At Our Office...do It "if They Can Get To It"...its So Frustrating, Cause If The Pts Dont Come The Drs Just Sit Around, Then When They're Sitting Around, They Find This Excess Crap For People To Do, Mainly Me And Mainly Some Report That My Dumb A$$ Office Manager Should Be Doing.....but The Other Part For Me Is, Part Of My Pay Is Determined On How Much Money I Bring In And How Much Charges I Post Out...so They Screw Me Also, Not Just The Dr, When They Dont Do Call Backs To Help Ensure A Full Schedule...ughghghgh

Rr: Sorry You Are So Busy.....try To Get Some Big Time Rest This Weekend!

Sheila/laruen/lisa/hannah: Have A Wonderful Day

Melinda: Can You Tell Me What The Name Of That Book Is...i Know You Said It But I Am Way To Lazy To Try To Go Back And Find It....i Am In Shock That Broccoli Is Not Good For Me...i Love Broccoli!...what Else Off The Top Of Your Head, If You Dont Mind?...i Too Take A Multivitamin And A Flaxseed Oil Supplement, But Why The Primrose Oil And The Coconut Oil?...do They Both Come In A Capsule Form...(cause I Wont Drink Anything, Im Too Particular And I Dont Try New Things, I Know Worse Than My Kids!)...i Will Have To Try Those Two Things Also...i Was Stressed Protein, Protein Protein...that I Need To Have A Good Healthy Amount Of Protein In My Diet...so With My Protein Shake I Get 28 Grams Of Protein Just From The Powder, Then I Add Nonfat Milk And Nonfat Yogurt With Some Strawberries...once In A While I Will Not Add The Strawberries And Add This Chocolate Smoothe Powder From Weight Watchers (its Really Good, Not Funky After Taste) And When I Do That I Get An Additional 13 Grams Of Protein!...so Up To About 31 Grams Of Protein Just In A Morning Drink...pretty Good I Think!....well I Love To Hear What Info You Are Getting...great Job On Your Two Pounds!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning ladies
and fart in a skillet ? never heard that one LOL
i'll check in later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Hi everyone!

Melinda you sure GREAT! I am so glad you are here posting, you lighten up my day!!!! Congratulations on the 2 Lbs. loss. what in the world was in the pants? what were they made off? I thought they make pants of that very rare and extinct material called "fabric" LOL....
As far as eating healthy, I definitely agree with feeling a lot better, int he beginning of the year I did a detox cleansing diet "7 day detox miracle diet" it was a miracle I completed the 7 days but at the end I felt so good! and I keep eating some of the things I tried during the diet, at first I thought it was crazy and not very tasty food, but it kind of grew on me.

Lisa Hi! I never heard that before, but it doesn't sound bad, it sounds like Sheila said busy! I like that! Have a wonderful day!

Sheila I am glad DH is actually going out! that is great! have a wonderful time!

Lauren hello!

Karen I wish you a very restful weekend!

GG you too, a very not too crazy end of the week at work and a very restful Sunday. I wish all the emergencies wait till Monday!

Christina I hope you have a great day, not to overwhelming!

Roo where are ya???? you got to stay cheered up!

Kerri how are you? how are things going? don't be a stranger, we miss you!

Michelle haven't seen you around too much, have you seen the baby? how is everything going? keep your head high!
I went to the Dr. yesterday, they are doing the complete hysterectomy not just part of the plumbing ALL the plumbing is going out!
Today I am going to call my regular Dr. I am barley hanging in there, I have been trying really hard not to get depressed there is just to much stuff going around here, DH sent DS to school today and he came upstairs afterwords and was crying DH never ever cries, but it has just been too taxing! DS is not doing well, not even at the new school. He ran away yesterday, kicked and punched the teachers and when he came home it was horrible, he was in a maniac trip ALL Afternoon, DH and I agreed if I get a call from school today because he is maniac and all that goes on with that it is time to do what his psychiatrist has been recommending and DH hasn't been ready for, but they are going to have to call a PERT and hospitalize him. It sounds horrible but that is what he needs to stay safe, we are all worried about his safety.
Please if you pray put him in your prayers!

Everyone else have a great day! Don't be strangers!
Hugs,
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hanna, sorry to hear about your son. That has to be horrible, and I will surely pray. I am also sure that you will feel better after your hystorectomy (sp?). My mom had one and she said it was the best thing she ever did. Of course she had different medical problems ~ but once they were taken care of ~ she was like 1000% better. I wish you the best of luck. Your surgery is next week right?

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #13  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Sheila: You KILL ME! That's funny. Yes, I suppose I AM a fart in a skillet! (Don't worry, I knew from the beginning it was a good thing)!

Christina: It's called The Thyroid Diet (Managing Your Metabolism for Lasting Weight Loss) by Mary J. Shomon. I can't remember everything in there as I've only been skimming through it so far. But I was surprised at the things it said you should limit. It didn't say broccoli was bad, but to limit it-and I'm sure it's not something that necessarily affects all thyroid problem sufferers, ya know? Yes, the primrose oil (Omega 6) is in a gel tablet form-as is the flaxseed (Omega 3) that I take. The coconut oil isn't, it's pretty gross looking (comes in a jar)....BUT it tastes fine....kind of bland w/o sugar. I'm only taking the coconut oil because there are supposedly positive benefits for the thyroid. I'm not too sure on that one, but it's worth trying. The primrose-because of the Omega 6 essential fatty acids. The protein shakes I have a hard time drinking (they don't mix well w/o a blender), but I drink Isopure which is a great fruity protein supplement w/o sugar. It has 40 grams of protein in one bottle! I don't know, I still say that I feel much better taking these supplements so far, so I'm not going to stop. I will also be checking into ginseng berry extract-I don't know if I can find that, but I'm gonna try!

Hanna: Aw man, I was hoping good things for Sean in the new school! Give hubby a hug from us too! You two are saints for everything you endure! I think you're right about having to call for hospitalization next time. Sometimes keeping someone safe requires those drastic measures. I mean, what else can you do Hanner Nanner? You guys have tried everything. I support you! I never found out-how was your massage the other day? Wow-EVERYTHING is coming out? That's tough. BUT, I'd rather that than lose you-so get 'er done and get that mess outta there!

Lisa: I thought you were getting some caffeine and then coming back on here...where are you? GG:How about you? How's the day comin' along?

Lauren: I'm so glad you brought up the toy trains...I heard about that too...and it's like a LOT of the pieces involved warranted that recall! BTW-aren't you proud of me...I haven't mentioned food in awhile! Hey, when does our Joan-Joan come back to us?

Ok all, jurors coming back from lunch, gotta run! MO/Melinda/MJ/PanFart

Last edited by mjoste; 06-14-2007 at 12:39 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:56 PM   #14  
sheila

Hey melinda I am so glad you knew it was a joke. Wow that is an old term used in this neck of the world.

Hello everyone
Old 06-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #15  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Good afternoon everyone.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote