Old 06-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Question Alli ????

Has anyone heard of the new diet pills that are FDA approved called ALLI.
I saw a Wal-Greens commercial for them. Has anyone tried them?
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #2  
it's always something

It's not being sold yet, so no one has tried them. Some stores may have them available for sale beginning tomorrow. However, some members have taken the prescription strength Xenical, and hopefully a forum search will turn up some helpful threads
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #3  
On my way...

Oh. Ok. Thanks. I didnt know that it wasnt for sale yet. I just caught the last couple seconds of the commercial and i heard that it was FDA approved.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i would definately consult your physician before taking any diet pills...FDA approved or not. Remember many fda approved wt loss pills have been found to have serious side effects.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I am a pharmacist and would never recommend that drug to my worst enemy. It has very bad side effects such as smelly oily discharge from the rectum as well as frequent explosive diarrhea. And I did take it myself years ago when it was still prescription. I took ONE capsule and didn't dare go out in public for 2 days. Also, it doesn't work very well for weight loss. The average is about 10-20 pounds in a year. No better than what we all know to work.

But that is my professional opinion and talk with your doctor first if you are going to take it.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #6  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

GG & Kerr: I am so glad to hear your thoughts on Alli, since I trust both of your insights. I was actually thinking about calling my dr. about it...but I had heard that it wouldn't knock off too much weight and against the side effects, it wasn't worth it. Besides, with my thyroid meds, I would think it might be contradictive (or whatever the term is). 8-) Have a great day all! MO (GG, I'm thinking of adding: The carrots make me do it to my signature line....like your monkeys!)
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #7  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

I was just watching the today show this morning and they were talking about the side affects. Not pretty. They said as long as you are eating a low-fat healthy diet, it could be okay but if you are still eating a lot of fat it could get ugly. It said explosive diarrhea and gas with oily discharge. It even suggested taking an extra pair of pants to work with you!!!

Basically they said it isn't a magic pill and you shouldn't take this unless you are ready to change eating habits as well.

Hope this helps.
sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I agree...I would not take that diet pill. Basically I think it is forcing you to not eat at places like McDonalds and such. It's trying to teach you not to take in alot of bad fats. Eat alot of bad fats, have explosive...you know what!!! I don't need anything to teach me like that!!! I'll just do it the old fashion way...eat less...move more!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #9  
On my way...

OMG. Thanks alot everyone. I was going to talk to the Dr. But I dont want something that will give me ANAL LEAKAGE..... That is so nasty. How can they approve something like that. I guess it will teach some people not to eat FAT....... HAHA