Thread: Whole Foods
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
kaplods

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

South Beach even in Phase I isn't carbless, and there's no "law" that you can't skip Phase I and go directly to Phase II (which my doctor recommended for hubby and to a lesser degree me, because we're on blood sugar lowering meds - since hubby's on insulin it's more important that he reduce his carbs too low).

I have a number of whole-food cookbooks on my wish-list at amazon.com (after reading the reviews) and have been working my way through the list (ordering from my library, and then deciding whether I'm going to buy them).

So far, I can only vouch for the first one (I liked it, and have added it to my "to buy" list).

The Whole Foods Market Cookbook by Steve Petusevsky and Inc. Whole Foods (Paperback - Aug 20, 2002)

The Whole Foods Diabetic Cookbook by Michael Cook and Patricia Stevenson (Paperback - Mar 2002)

The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health, Second Edition by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre MS CN (Perfect Paperback - Oct 19, 2007)

Whole Foods Diet Cookbook: 200 Recipes for Optimal Health by Ivy Larson and Andrew Larson (Paperback - Jun 1, 2009)

The Rodale Whole Foods Cookbook: With More Than 1,000 Recipes for Choosing, Cooking, & Preserving Natural Ingredients by Dara Demoelt

The Natural Foods Cookbook by Beatrice Trum Hunter

Super Natural Cooking: Five Delicious Ways to Incorporate Whole and Natural Foods into Your Cooking by Heidi Swanson (Paperback - Mar 1, 2007)

The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating (Compass) by Rebecca Wood (Paperback - Jul 1, 1999)

Cooking the Whole Foods Way: Your Complete, Everyday Guide to Healthy Eating by Christina Pirello (Paperback - Mar 1, 1997)

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!

Last edited by kaplods : 10-26-2009 at 07:28 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote