South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Chatter

Good morning. It's nice to not be the first one up around here. I hope Fluff and Meelsie put on the coffee.

Busy Friday ahead with gym to start things off. I am becoming quite addicted but am still puzzling as to why I don't do this exercise thing here at home. Maybe I need the socialization?

Today will be a test of my knee replacement as I will work a long charity Bingo for the Fair - the first since June 2007. Please don't tell me to "Have fun" because these events are plain old hard work. However, without the Bingo profits, our Fair could not afford the calibre of entertainment that makes it a success after 178 years!

Some things are such that you just grit your teeth and plough through. I can hardly wait for my "me" time late this afternoon!

Hope your Friday has some fun in it.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Well it is finally the last day of Spirit Week. I am so ready for all this craziness to be over. I really shouldn't be like this because I remember spirit week when i was in high school. But still...LOL now I see what the teachers/administrators, etc were thinking. Its green and gold day. Funny thing actually...the high school I went to is the rival of the school I am working at...I am SOOOOOOO tempted to wear red and white...LOL
Have to go in early today to test a student because he/she is unable to take the standard tests. I have no problem with it, but I am concerned the teacher doesn't have the exam ready and I'm gonna be S.O.L. I'll have to let you guys know how that goes.
Gonna bring my tennis shoes and walk on the track again today and then mom and I are gonna walk when she gets home. Sunday is the last day of phase I for me. I told my mom to hide the scale because I went into the BR yesterday and saw it there and it was calling to me to step on it. I did. I was happy but I need it moved so that when the numbers aren't going down I don't get disheartened.
Well I'm off to go check my facebook. Later guys. Have an AWESOME day!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:33 AM   #3  

Yes gotta love that UK time difference. Was on here from work first thing this morning, I'm need a bit of motivation this morning as I was in such a rush to get into work that I had no time for breakfast! So toast and other naughty goodies from the staff cafe are calling me. I'm not listeningggggg!!

SillyFluff, i'm the exact opposite- I want to hunt down some scales! I want to check if i'm actually making any difference- I feel like I am, but need some form of confirmation to keep myself going I think. Although having said, I have just started back on the contraceptive pill as of Saturday just gone- so any weight gain will probably be from that. My poor body is going through all sorts right now! Beginning of the pill, phase one of South Beach, and i'm taking Apple Cider to help lose a bit of the weight, and for my skin (I suffer from psiorasis and it's very good for it)

Yes poor me. TGIF!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

meelsie, Apple Cider Vinegar? I take that. Helps with hunger and so much more benefits, it's been great. My skin cleared up in no time.

Well yesterday was fun, got some exercise raking leaves. I checked my weight this morning and I lost 13lbs altogether so far. I feel great about it.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #5  

Yes sorry Apple Cider Vinegar- but the tablets. I meant to write Apple Cider 600, the name of them.... but i'm still half asleep obviously!
What problems did you have with your skin that it helped with?

PS- 13lbs! That would nearly get to me to my goal wight! What phase are you on Jellybean?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-23-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #6  

I had acne and breakouts alot.

Oh, I'm not on the SBD, I'm on my own little diet just eating less and more protein like sardines and eating weight watchers string cheese (which are so good btw) and I get a baked potato once a week at Wendy's, LOL

Last edited by JellyBean32882; 10-23-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 AM   #7  

Ah interesting- I didn't realize it was also good for acne. Great news as my skin has broken out in recent weeks and it has been to the point where my face has HURT- something that's not happened before. My poor body's just trying to tell me to look after it I think! Hopefully the Apple Cider vinegar will get rid of my pimples in time for Halloween- I don't want to look THAT scary...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Jake had the coffee ready by the time I came downstairs, and it's gooooooood!

I have most of the day off, just have to leave in time to pick up the girls at school, along with a friend who's coming over for a playdate. Richard promised he'd be home by 6. I'm not sure what this morning will bring, as Jake has the day off and I can't get anything done when he's around.

Ah, rain is coming, just in time for the weekend. I'm going to my SIL's Tastefully Simple party tomorrow, so that may present a challenge. If she wasn't my SIL, I wouldn't even go. I don't think they have anything SBD friendly, but I vow to do my best!

meelsie! It's nice to meet you!

Fluff, I hope the tests are all ready to go for you, and your day goes well!

Ruth, I hope your knees pass the Bingo test without protesting!

JellyBean, good morning to you, too! Congratulations on that great 13lb. loss!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-23-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelsie View Post
Ah interesting- I didn't realize it was also good for acne. Great news as my skin has broken out in recent weeks and it has been to the point where my face has HURT- something that's not happened before. My poor body's just trying to tell me to look after it I think! Hopefully the Apple Cider vinegar will get rid of my pimples in time for Halloween- I don't want to look THAT scary...

Ya, I have the liquid kind of Apple Cider Vinegar and I just put a little in a glass of Apple Juice. It almost tastes like Hard Cider to me, lol.

Your breakouts could be hormonal or you are just eating alot of greasy foods - I used to get major breakouts just from eating McDonalds.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning chattery early Chicks

Ruth - I'm just too lazy to start the daily thread most days. I sit around sipping my coffee, catching up on Facebook and reading all my various news sites.
Good luck with Bingo. I hope the knee performs with flying colors. I know that Scotch will be waiting for you at day's end. Maybe with a nice hot soak.

Silly - You made it through spirit week! The lunchtime walking sounds like a good way to deal with the day. I have the same love/hate thing going with the scale. When I was losing I was very strict - once a week, everything as close to the same as I could make it.

Meelsie - Have you checked out any of the egg muffin or breakfast casserole recipes? Might be just the thing for those hectic days and keep the toast from talking to you
Would love to know how the apple cider vinegar works for psoriasis. We both deal with that around here. My arthritis is connected to it so I'd definitely like to give it a try if it helps.

Jellybean - Glad to hear things seem to be working for you this time.

It's Friday Seemed like it would never get here. Happily the boss is out all day so it will be a relaxing, pleasant day in the office. I'm off on a visit this morning then in doing paperwork and making calls all afternoon. After hours I'm meeting my former co-worker for a glass or two at a new pub. Should be a good day all around. I probably won't walk today because it's 20 degrees colder than yesterday and I'm a big wuss! Hm, we'll see

Hope your Friday flies by

* Cottage - I knew you were out there somewhere Sounds like maybe a relaxing morning at home?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #11  

Cyndi, thanks.

Ruth, you play bingo too huh? I play online from diff sites, but mostly from gsn.com hoping to win a few bucks, not likely though cause I don't have the luck
Old 10-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #12  

Cyndi- i'd send you a link but can't as yet as my post count is too low. It's good for topical application (make sure you use organic, with the mother) to cleanse the top flakes right off as the acidity just eats away at it. It's painful but worth it....
I'm sure a quick google search would uncover the other benefits... otherwise I first learnt about it in a great book called "The Good Skin Diet" which changed the way I thought about food and myself. There's a great chapter on self worth and deserving to have good skin and body... and why we lash out and break diets- it also poses the question of maybe failing because we don't feel we deserve to have these things, something which I know hit home with me. The book is by an Australian nutritionist so it may be harder to find, but I know it's a popular one.

I'm really keen to get going on a breakfast frittata recipe but I have been BROKE this week, so have been eating breakfast from the staff cafe as it's very cheap- they do a mean poached egg so that's been me the past week... today is PAY DAY though, so i'm headed out to the supermarket tonight to either buy frittata ingredients... or egg and ham cups using a muffin tray.

I'm excited to do the south beach shop- this week has been hard without having anything decent (or legal) at home!

Jellybean- I think the break outs are just due to adapting to a new lifestyle. I moved to London from Australia 5 months ago and my diet hasn't been that great while i've been over here.
I don't think they're hormonal as i'm 23 and to start having odd breakouts for the first time is a bit odd- i've always had pretty clear skin apart from my psoriasis.
Can't afford McDonalds - poor traveller!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-23-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #13  

I always thought I had Psoriasis in skin folds, but turned out to be Intertrigo.
I tried Dermarest Psoriasis cream, Psoriasin.. and they worked at first, but didn't stay working. Have you tried those for your psoriasis?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

WOW, Y'all are chatty this morning!

Ruth, One of the reasons Jazzercise is so great is the socialization part. I would NOT sweat in my living room like I do in class.

Fluff, It's PJ day at my son's school today!

Meelsie, I agree, you need an egg in the a.m.

Cottage, Enjoy your day with Jake!

Cyndi, It's Friday! WooHoo!!

Jelly, Happy Friday!

Me: Busy, jean wearing day today. Yay! Tomorrow is our annual Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser at the Children's Center. Today we shop and decorate. I have to be at the kitchen tomorrow morning at 6. I will be working the registration table tomorrow. Perfect!

My in-laws who lost their home to a fire a couple months ago are moving into a new home today. My Hubby has taken the day off to help them move. Of course, it's going to rain all day long. Glad I'm going to work!

I hope you all have a beachy day!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #15  

If a product works at first then stops working, don't START using it. What those products usually do is supress the psoriasis and then the skin will build up a resistance to the cream eventually... and come back worse.

I used to use cortisone on my scalp and thats what happened and it was horrible- when it came back I didn't know what to do as it was so resistant to anything I tried.

I put about a kilo of salt in a hot bath once a week and use natural creams, most of which contain things like honey and eucalyptus to soothe and promote healing, and this, along with apple cider, has been the only thing that's been a long term solution.

Which is nice, as it's much cheaper too! Natural is usually better for skin etc I find.

Chelby, I'm so sorry to hear that about your in laws' house- today must be an emotional day for them. I hope they see it as the exciting new beginning it should be! New home new life!
I HAVE to stop this double posting but i'm so behind! People keep beating me then I want to reply!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-23-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Closed Thread