General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #1  

Smile I Want A Consistent Group!!!

Hey all you Extreme Fat Smashers/Fat Smashers, I love that we have a Forum totally for us but it seems that we are not as consistent on them as we should be, or maybe I just have high expectations from us all! I would like to have a group of Smashers that are willing to post at least once a day, I know that we are all busy and have lives but at the same time we are all working towards the same goal, healthier more fulfilling bodies and life styles. So if you commit to just one post a day to let people(me) know that they are not in it alone and someone has their back please subscribe and post here
Alisha
Lishusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #2  

i totally agree. i visit this forum almost every day and sometimes there are no new posts. is it possible that there just aren't that many people who do the fat smash? i find it so unbelivable as this really is one of the best diets that i have ever tried.
i am starting back tomorrow. i will gladly check in everyday. i already know that tomorrow for breakfast i will have a banana and some blubberies (that is our family word for blueberries.).
ttyt
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #3  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Maybe we don't have time to chat like other forums because we are so busy doing FS and exercising.
I will be here till I move and leave Dh on 11/5, then I can only be on when I can get access to the internet.
I too wish there was more support for this diet, I thinks its the best one I have been on hands down.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #4  

I agree I am looking at the other forums on this site and they get big traffic. I just think there are not a lot of people doing this diet. I do look on the site every weekday (usually when I’m bored at work). But I do wish there were more people here.
Brook506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey. Well I am restarting tomorrow. Nursing school and other things have me stressed out. So eating and exercising went out the window. So I need all the support I can get.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #6  

i restarted today. i had home made sweet potato chips for lunch and a banana for breakfast. i am coming off of the flu so my stomach won't stand for too much. )c: i am hoping to lose about 20 lbs and am looking forward to the diet. tonight i'm headed to the grocery to buy some goods... peaches, tomatoes, veggie burgers, you know the drill. i really need to be careful to drink all of my water. that, i would say, is the hardest part of the diet for me.

how did it go for you guys today?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #7  

Raygunclan- I have been doing fine today; I had oatmeal for breakfast with a cut up banana in it. For a snack a plum, grapes and an apple. I am going to heat up my rice and broccoli if I could just get out this chair! I am at work and super tired I have a sick five month old at home who has been restless the last few night getting up every 15-30 minutes. I am hoping I can stand up long enough to get my workout in.

How do you make your sweet potato chips?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #8  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

I have been doing ok, not really doing FS 100% though. I have been eating ok, not much exercise.
Separating from DH and moving out 11/3, so I'm stressed to the max. Luckily we don't have claws, we would be a bloody mess now.
Two Scorpios don't fight well.
Future is uncertain except I know I don't want to do it fat.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #9  

Me Too- Try to stay as positive as possible. I can only imagine how tough your situation is right now. I know when I am stressed I eat junk and more junk. Just keep thinking about reaching your goal and I’m sure you will get there.

Last night I didn’t get to work out I was just to darn tired. My baby seems to be feeling better so it’s getting a little easier. It doesn’t help that my boyfriend is now sick to so that leaves me to do everything. I will make sure I get that work out in today no matter what. I actually want to work out the rest of my detox days since I am already on day 4.

How is everybody feeling today?

Starting Weight 149
Current Weight 144
Total to lose as of today 29
5 lbs down 29 to go
goal weight 115

Last edited by Brook506; 10-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #10  

aw, me too, i'm sorry. i know that must be hard. i'm with brook on the fact that this must be so hard to eat right. but, darn if there isn't a more motivating time to do it!!! (yeah, i know that is a corny smiley, but it just seemed to fit.)

brook- the sweet potato chips are AMAZING!!!!!!!

take your sweet potato and slice it as thin or as thick as you want it. (mine are somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. and i do about 4 at a time). in a large bowl, toss these with olive oil, garlic, thyme, and s&p. line your baking sheet with foil, spray pam on it and bake at about 400 for about 45 minutes. the longer the better i have found. they carmelize and i've got to tell you how incredibly delicious they are. and if there are leftovers, they are still pretty good warmed in the microwave.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #11  

Thanks Rayclangun if I have any energy this weekend I am going to try them.

Well I am very proud of myself because as tired as I was yesterday I still got a workout in. I am not very motivated this morning though. I think I am just really hungry and the only thing I broke for breakfast was an oatmeal and banana and I sooo don’t want that. A coffee and a blueberry muffing sound so much better ugh. I hate days when I wake up hungry and want to eat any and everything. Well its day number 5 for me so I will see if I can stay on track

Hope everyone has a great day!

Starting Weight 149
Current Weight 144 (as of 10/19 after 5 days on detox)
Total to lose as of today 29
5 lbs down 29 to go
goal weight 115

Last edited by Brook506; 10-23-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #12  

i do not know what is wrong with me!!! when i did this diet last month, i loved it! this time around, i am having a hard time sticking to it. it is strange. i love all of the food i can eat (with the exception of the oatmeal, which i can't tolerate). i have had my "first day" 3 times this week and cheated each day.
so my new first day is monday. i was going to go for tomorrow, but the dolphins play at 4 and i always make my hubby and chickens a bunch of junk food for the game so i decided not to set myself up for failure and thought i would start monday. i went today to get some fruit to ripen up and will be ready and raring to go come monday.
brooke, great job on the 5 lbs. that is so awesome! is that enough that you can tell in your jeans?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/243/150

Height: 5'8

Hello, I'm new and I want to start within the next week or two...I really want to do some research first and I already bought the book; but I need more recipe and preparation ideas, so I can craft a good grocery shopping list and be ready. I hear this diet is only east if you're prepared, so I'd like to be prepared. Does anybody have any suggestions for things I can buy/prepare? That would really help...Thanks!
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #14  

Epithany- If you look at the beginning of the forum there is a section with only receipts for this diet. The first 9 days is really strict and don’t really offer many options but I know it works if you stick to it.

Raygunclan- I hear you I have not been able to make it my whole 9 days yet (detox). I can do it all week but the weekends are my breaking point. For whatever reason I can’t seem to get through a weekend without cheating. Even with all of my cheating I have technically made it through detox and lost 6 pounds. I know that if I would have stuck to it that could have been more. 6 pounds is still good in my book but my plan is to stay on detox until maybe sometime next month. So once again today is a new starting day for me I just have to stay positive.

Last edited by Brook506; 10-26-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #15  

hey epi
my thing with the diet is always having RIPE fresh fruit on hand. also, i make up a batch of hummus and eat off of that for a day or 2 and then make up another batch. i love the hummus with fresh veggies, especially sweet red peppers, dipped in... mmmmm. also, i always have brown rice in the fridge. i always say this, but the brown rice is delicious with chicken bouillon and basil mixed in. and then i like to squeeze some lime onto it when i eat it.