South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Default Question about cheese....

I hope it's okay if I post this here...

Okay so we can have reduced fat or fat free cheese. Do you think there's a huge difference between the two? I bought reduced fat instead of fat free because I heard fat free doesn't melt as well. But I don't want that to end up being my sabatouer
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

In my opinion, there's a huge difference in the flavor between lowfat and fat free cheese. I think fat free tastes very artificial and bland, and lowfat cheese has much more body and flavor. Actually, you can have any hard cheese that has no more than 6 grams of fat per serving, and that includes a lot of cheeses.

So the answer to your question is no. Don't worry, you are just fine with the reduced-fat cheese. Enjoy!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Thanks so much!!! Just a moment of panic on my first day LOL
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I only buy RF, but I try to eat no more than 2 servings a day. Can't stand the FF kind.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

In my opinion, none of the fats is likely to send you over the edge in terms of cravings. Higher fat will mean higher calories, so if you consume a lot of higher fat choices, it will reduce the amount of weight loss you have, but the main reason Dr. A asks us to limit our dairy products to low fat or fat free is to reduce the amount of bad saturated fat we take in. Remember, Dr. A is, first and foremost, a cardiologist, and so his plan was created to not only reduce our weight, but to make our blood chemistry healthier.

That said, some things are just not very good fat free, while others are not much different. I never eat fat free cheese, as I find it very unpalatable, while reduced fat cheese is just fine. On the other hand, I find fat free cottage cheese and yogurt to taste just the same as the reduced fat stuff, so I buy FF of those. I also love fat free milk, and I buy organic, which often seems creamier than the regular stuff, but I still get some 1% milk for coffee.

Hope that helps! Good for you on being conscientious!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote