Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One positive thing about me toady is.....Part Five

GOOD AFTERNOON DARLIN' SWEET TATERS'S,

I AM HAPPY TO GIVE BIRTH TO THE NEW PART FIVE OF THE ONE POSITIVE THING ABOUT ME TODAY IS.....WE ALL KNEW THAT PART FOUR WAS REACHING IT'S END, BUT ENDS CREATE NEW BEGINNINGS AND SO PART FIVE IS BORN!!!!!!

LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED WE WILL NOT MISS A STEP AS ALL THE POSITIVE'S CONTINUE.

FOR ANY NEWCOMER'S TO THIS THREAD, LET ME TAKE THIS TIME TO LET YOU KNOW JUST WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE A REALLY COOL WAY TO BUILD OUR SELF ESTEEM AND STAY POSITIVE ABOUT ALL OF THE STUFF IN OUR LIVES THAT MAY SLOW US DOWN IN AND ON THIS JOURNEY. THIS THREAD IS ALL POSITIVE, IT IS ABOUT ALL THE POSITIVE THINGS IN YOUR LIFE, WETHER IT IS BIG OR SMALL, ABOUT WEIGHT OR NOT, ANY THING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, INSPIRE YOU, AND TO HELP YOU TOOT YOUR OWN HORN. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO AND READ THE FIRST POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION AND THE SECOND JUST TO SEE HOW WE ROLL AND I WILL ASSURE YOU, ONCE YOU HAVE READ IT, YOU WILL FEEL UPLIFTED AND READY TO FIND ALL THE POSITIVES IN YOUR LIVES. THAT'S WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT, BEING UPLIFTED!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA.

LOVE ,
AGS
___:carrot

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-14-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have been gone for over 2 months! YIKES!
I hope everyone is doing well I cant wait to get caught up on everyone now that life has calmed down for me. lol.
Here is a re cap of the past few months....
Came to Colorado (from Idaho) for a 3 week vacation to visit family/friends. Got some bad news which pushed me into moving home. I have lived in Idaho for nearly 5 years but I can say it has been very lonely being away from family so the push didnt have to be real hard..LOL. Labor day weekend-- we drove to Idaho Friday morning, packed Friday night, loaded the truck Saturday morning and left for Colorado Saturday afternoon...Talk about WHIRLWIND! Im just now finally starting to feel normal.
My Positive for today is Im back on 3FC! life is calming down, and even though I haven't lost any weight these past two months I have NOT gained any either!! WOOO HOOOO!!! Im so very excited to get back on track
*sorry for such a long post*

Last edited by Inkedmama98; 09-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #3  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Ladies,
it looks like part five has started. I did not close part four but I guess the moderator did. We still had about 14 post left to go, but that is okay, we will start out in five fresh and look a here Ink has found her way back home, now the rest of you, find me too.

Ink, glad you are back, you were missed. We will get caught up soon.

It was a good day today and I felt better than ever in a long time.

Good night my lovelies, until tomorrow,
Hugs, love and blessings,
Ags
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #4  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay Learn and Oatmeal,

Here is the recipe for the Four Cheese Pepperoni-Vegetable Pizza

1 med onion, halved and thinly sliced
I red bell peper, thinly sliced
8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 pound refrigerated or thawed frozen pizza dough, at room temp.
3/4 cup fat free marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Italian four-cheese blend
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
36 slices turkey pepperoni

1. Adjust the oven racks to divide the oven in thirds and preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 101/2 x 15 1/2 inch jelly roll pan with nonstick spray.

2. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over med. -high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender and the liquid has evaporated, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook 1 minute.

3. With floured hands, press the dough over the bottom of the prepared pan. If the dough shrinks back, let it rest a few minutes before pressing again. Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese blend and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan. Top evenly with the onion mixture and the pepperoni.

4. Bake on the lowest oven rack until the crust is browned on the bottom, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese blend and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Bake until the cheese melts, 4-5 minutes longer. Cut into 24 squares.

per serving: (2 squares): 190 cal., 7 g fat, 3 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 23 mg chol, 641 mg sod, 21 g carb, 2 g fib, 11 g protien, 170 mg calc. Points value 4.

Extra tip, add i cup of sliced zucchini or broccoli florets, cooking them along with the other veggies and add to pizza as well.

Hope you babies like it, we did.

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-14-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies !!
I slept in this morning !! It felt so good !! Today is my day off and I plan to make it a laid back day ..
Ink..... so nice to meet you ... Sounds like you have had a very busy time in your life .. So glad to see your here and ready to share your positive in your life!!

Learn I hope you are doing ok this morning you beat me hear alot of the times!! Wake up girlfriend!!!!!!

Ag....... thank you so much for your Pizza recipe looks very good .. Thanks for the pm I was wondering if they worked here or not . :-)
For today My positive is I woke up with a great atittude ready to have another good day on program ..
Another positive was yesterday I set a new boundary with my inlaws and I kept that boundry I was so pleased with my self!!!!
Mental health is just as important as physical healthy.. That is my goal to over all healthy !!! I have come along ways in the last 5 years!!! Today is a gift so I will use my gift in a very positive way positve eatting . postive planning , positive self talk .. and most of all a positive Atittude !! Thats they key for my Success ...
Old 09-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies,
Boy Oh Boy am I late this morning. I've been up, but I decided to try to get some more shut on on the sofa in an upright position, but it didn't really work. I'm gonna make this a quickie because my back is at it again. I usually take a Vicadin at bedtime so I sleep better and don't have so much pain when I get up, but I've been trying to not take them. They have been really reeking havoc on my stomach lately, but I don't know what's worse, the nausea or the back pain. I've tried taking it with and without food and still the same thing. I've dealt with back pain for so long, but when it comes to the stomach I guess I'm a wimp. My DH thinks it's a combination of stress (family) and the vicadin because it just started doing this about 2 weeks ago.
I'm gonna go for now and try to step back in later. My positive for now is I made it here to 3FC.
Have a great day ladies and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 09-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #7  

Ag.... I forgot to tell you I picked up the Hungry Girls first recipe book yesterday so now I have both of her Recipe books!!!!! This is a very positive thing awesome recipes to keep me focused!!!!
I am going to order another case of Vitamuffins the first of Oct that way it won't be as hot for them when they are shipped to texas .. :-) Those Muffins are awesome ... :-)
Old 09-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #8  

Learn .. You can be as late as you want girl as long as you show up !! I had already missed ya!! ((((((((Learn)))))))) I sure hope you get to feeling better girl .. You will be in my prayers today girl I hope and pray that you can find some relief ..... Hang in there and know you have chicks here that truly care and are standing in your corner !!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #9  

WOW! Here it is almost 6 PM and nobody but me and Oatmeal since early this morning. This is pathetic!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #10  

Yall I checked several times today .. I guess everyone is busy today !!
I had to come and post before I head off for bed ... Learn I hope to see you early in the morning .. I have the early shift tomorrow have to get up at 3 am ....
Positive for today ... I got all my bills paid today and everything filled away instead of pilled on my desk .. Changed the sheets on my bed and did the dusting today !! Very postive progress today... I am so Blessed to be on program and healthy !! One day at time one bite at a time!! We can do it !! Hugs my friends!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #11  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies! I am present and accounted for!

Inkedmama: Glad to see you return - and glad your life is slowing down! Congrats on getting the move done so quickly - I usually draggggg mine out until I can't stand it. LOL

Ags: That pizza sounds delish! I love pizza and will definitely have to try that

Oatmeal: I agree - mental health is just as important. Way to set those boundaries and stick with em! Vitamuffins sounds like something I need to check out! I'm going to Google em!

learn: I am so sorry to hear your back is bothering you so much. I have had back trouble before - sometimes the pain killers are the only thing that keeps you sane. Here's hoping your stress becomes less and your tummy calms down

For me: I decided to try on my 24s today to see how much I needed to possibly lose to get em zipped up, etc. Well, surprise of all surprises! I got them buttoned and zipped!! They are too tight to wear out in public at the moment. I think when I am down another 5 or so pounds I should be able to wear them! I was so excited. And just for comparison, when I took them off I decided to try on my 28s that I started out this journey with. They were getting tight on me when I started. AND.. they are SO not wearable in public Extremely looooooose and hanging all over the place. I just felt so darn good after that! Also still OP and even behaved myself at Pizza Hut last night.

Keep keepin on, ladies!

Helllloooooo out there.. it's beginning to echo in here. But you know, I noticed the slow down about the same time school started. With the extra carting around of the kids, teachers going back, etc. .. that may have something to do with it!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi InkedMama -- good for you for keeping your weight stable! I am impressed.

Ags -- glad you’re feeling good. I know your legs have really been troubling you, and it worries me. I wonder -- is there anything else you could/should be doing to treat them?

Oatmeal -- you are becoming a very positive force on this thread. You have mentioned your healthy plan several times ... what is it?

Awwwww, Learn. I’m so sorry your back is giving you such pain. I’m sure you have tried everything, but your husband may be onto something with the stress. Are there any stress reduction things you can do? Like meditation? Or gentle yoga?

HotWings -- WooHoo on fitting into those 24’s. Tomorrow I’m going "shopping in my closet" to prepare for my trip. I mostly wear sleeveless t-shirts and shorts here, so I'm going to have to come up with some warmer clothes as it's getting to be fall "up north". I’m leaving Thursday, so will be off line for awhile unless I can find some internet access on my trip.

My positive ... well I finally got my taxes done and sent off to the accountant. Yippee-yay! Also, I’ve really cut my calories the last 3 or 4 days and dropped three pounds after staying on a plateau for what seemed like a long time but was probably only 10 days or 2 weeks. I’m going to up the calories back up to normal because I don’t want to hurt my metabolism, but I was just getting tired of the scale not moving.

Thursday I start my drive to New York. I’m going to Pensacola area first to visit my brother, then through Chattanooga, TN because I’ve never been and always wanted to go. Then I’m going up the west side of the Smoky Mountains through Knoxville, TN, past Roanoke, VA, Hagerstown, MD, Harrisburg then Allentown, PA then across NJ up to NY. It’s definitely a more rural route than I’ve ever taken before, and I am so looking forward to it. I used to live in West Virginia and I will be skirting along the eastern side of it. I love road trips!

Last edited by CJZee; 09-15-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #13  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Zippadeedodah,

Ags is in the house. Better late than never!!!!

I worked late this evening and will be doing the same tomorrow, so look for me around this time again. Today was a good day, not as fantastic as yesterday, but still a good day none the less. I am determined to make it thru this week without having to call out, unless the Lord tells me otherwise. I must listen to my body and take care of it.

Glad you ladies liked the Pizza recipe. I think you will enjoy it and tweak it to make it fit you and your tastes.

Learn, little darling, like you always tell me, you must take care of yourself. Go get that back checked out again, please. Hey by the way, you and Oatmeal are the only two up before the crack of dawn, of course it's lonely out there in the dark. LOL I am still squeezing my pillow till it hollers then. You early birds singing all over the place, getting the day ready for us. Thank you so much.

Hottie, what's up!!!! Your pants!!!! You go girl. Strutt your stuff little momma. And on another note, you just may be right, back to school, could be the reason, but whatever the reason is, we are still here and we shall be, still encouraging, still supporting, still loving, still giving pats on the back, and giving shout outs. Everything and everyone has it's reason and it's season. We must still move forward and focus on the positives, the positive of what we have and what we have shared and not what we have not.

CJ, that is going to be one heck of a trip girlie. Are you going it alone? Give me a shout out as you drive by Virginia, k? I told you that you would get your taxes done and you did, yay!!!! Released three more pounds, looking good baby!!! You be careful out there!!!!

Alrightie all my lovies,
I am really tired and it is bedtime for me. See ya tomorrow, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Hey there and good night to all the MIA's, hope you all are doing good, ohhhh I know that you are.

Hugs, love and blessings,
Ags[/
COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-15-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:23 AM   #14  

Good Morning .... Hey Learn are you awake over there ...Hopefully you wer e able to get some good rest and some relief from your pain ... I laid there after the alarm went off today would of been a good day to have laid in bed longer....

Hotwings ....besure adn check out the vitamuffins they are yummmie and full of good vitamins and fiber .... Plus the chocolate ones are so good and filling ...

CJ... your journey sure sounds like a awesome trip ... I hope enjoy your self and take lots of good pictures to share with us . You were asking about my food program I do WW I am a life timer with them .

Ag.... Sounds like you are sure putting in some long days girl !! I sure hope you are getting all you need to get done accomplished ..

My Positive for today is I have meals planned out for today and all packed and ready to take to work ... I am blessed with a job to go today .. I had a good night sleep... Its a very cool morning this morning only 69 degrees :-) All is good in my world so this shall be a good day I choose to talk in the blessings and be a blessing to all I see today !!
Hope everryone has a good day !! To all you readers that don't post come and join us your posting here could be your positive for the day!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #15  

Hey ladies,
I finally made it. I have been having a horrible time with my back lately. Actually it's starts with my neck hurting all the time. There are times I can't even hold my own head up it gets so weak. It's also radiating down both my arms with numbness. Then my lower back and hips are the other end of the story. The sciatica has been awful lately. I take vicadin for the pain, but I have this great fear of getting hooked on it and turning into an addict. I have a nephew that's hooked on oxycotin (sp?) and it's ruining him. So I have skipped taking the vicadin the last few nights and have been waking up in horrible pain. I finally broke down and took one about 2 hours ago and then took a short nap, it seems to be helping enough that I can sit here and chat with ya'll. Sorry I've been so short and skipped personals. I promise I'll catch up later. I have a doctors appt., but not until the 25th. (next friday). My doctor is out of town all week. I'm hoping he'll also have some news on my disability claim he submitted also.
I stop back in later, I hope everyone is doing well. Oat, thanks for opening the store for me, your a doll!

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Closed Thread