Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~December Golden Girls~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-01-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning. Overate 3 times last week. Hopefully, I can get back on track today.

Lynn
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #4  

Good Morning, I made it throught he Thanksgiving holiday without any major mess up's. I did have one small sice of dessert, but cleaned the kitchen and playd with the kids after dinner, so no going back for seconds. Lots of left overs, but I will freeze them for alter. How about you? How did you survive the holidays? I know i'm asking late, but we just had our dinner yesterday. I had to work the holiday.

We got big white snow flakes yesterday, that turned into rain. It rained most of the night and it's still wet outside. I hope it wasn't too terrible for driving.

What do you think about the person that was killed on Black Friday? Horrible incident. We've went to the sales before, but never seen an injury. DIL went this year and said there was a woman there with a small baby and everyone was pushing and shoving. Finally some man started yelling "there is a small baby here" and people calmed down a bit.

Freda
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #5  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
A new day, a new month and for some reason I love when the 1st is on a Monday, it just seems natural. O.K. I'm an odd duck.
I sold 4 different items on ebay that I need to pack up and ship out this morning plus go out and shovel snow. I just added snow shoveling to the accountability thread because that's what I love to do in the winter. I have to jump out there early or DH will beat me to it!
Everyone have a great Monday and remember to be diligent in watching your fat/fiber/carbs so we can be a tad 'loose' when Christmas arrives.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #6  
Bobbi

Check out the Carrot Pumpkin Bar recipe I just posted. It can be tweaked for more calories friendly.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-01-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Got back into town last night and weighed myself this morning. I am only up 1 lb. since last Wednesday, so I should be able to get that off this week. Considering I ate out three times and was away from my usual stash of good stuff, I don't feel too bad about it. I usually don't weigh myself on Mondays because of the weekend salty stuff, but I had to assess the damage. I've also found that weighing once a week keeps me on track. If I weighed myself everyday I would find some excuse to eat if I were down 1/2 a pound or so from the day before. Anyone else experience the same thing?
The good thing about not cooking our Thanksgiving meal is that I don't have all of those tempting left-overs. The turkey would be OK, but my weakness is stuffing (which I shouldn't have anyway), mashed potatoes etc. DH can only eat small amounts of turkey without getting a headache and stomach pains from the tryptophan, so he doesn't miss turkey sandwiches etc. Anyway, it's a new week and a new month and I'm motivated.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #8  

Hi everyone..its really cold here was -4 when i got up "brrrrrr" im all bundled up in the house..i was working on making personal family calenders for gifts and my printer died..so we got a new one and after installing i find its very diff from what i was used to..the older i get the more resistant to change i become anyways i printed pics all morinng and ran out of ink so sent the dh to get more..i need 12 pictures for each calender and im making 6..so thats alot of ink and photo paper its fun tho..i'm glad all the leftovers are gone.. the 4 grkids ate most of it and the rest i froze..after everyone left yesterday i had to have a nap..very fun weekend but i did get pooped..hope u all have a great day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #9  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi, really busy but I'm still here. Practicing all the time for the Christmas concert and busy with getting ready for Christmas in the house. I'll try and check in later on today.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning all....well found a new aid in my weight loss program. Started the day off right yesterday with a proper breakfast and then forgot lunch. oops, we met friends at local seafood restaurant and had a good balanced dinner, but after not eating for 12 hours once I started my mouth didn't wanna stop chewing. Came home checked my email and was planning a "SNACK". ....and the electric power went off. It was off for 3 hours! I forgot to SNACK.

Back OP today and planning on packing my lunch.

Have a Xmas party Friday and need to take a covered dish. Any ideas? Did pasta salad on a stick last year. Shrimp articoke pieces olives and salami on stick. Am cooked out and the month is just starting.....

Rosie....stay warm. Just reading your temperature gave me chills.

Bobbi...I love Ebay. Can get lost just browsing around. Hate to shop in malls but give me a catolog or the internet and am good for hours.

Have the house decorated with all our Christmas stuff except the white candles in the windows. They are sitting calling me.....DH grumbles about it, but secretly brings everything out and even puts up the front porch tree. Shhh don't tell anyone.

My almost new refrig door handle broke last week and had Sears service come. The guy showed me how to replace it and ordered new handle. Saving $60 by screwed it in place myself. Well, It came yesterday it's 20"long by 1" wide and came UPS in a 40X40X40 box. sighhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate waste

Today is my new day and Today I will stay OP.......hugs, Karen3
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #11  

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm going for a cortisone shot in my foot - bone spurs. Hopefully, I'll be able to increase the incline & speed & resistance with my exercising, after today.

Trying to get my "walking feet" ready for France.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 12-02-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Argg! Will I ever get up out of a chair without grunting and groaning and not limp the first few steps I take? I think I need to add flexibility training to my workouts.
-4 degrees sounds too cold for me this early in the month. Please, please keep that AK cold air up there Rosey.
I need to get some decorating done today. I usually have everything set up the day after Thanksgiving so I need to start before it's time to take everything down again. The bending and reaching should count as some sort of exercise wouldn't ya think?

Lily
Old 12-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #13  
Bobbi

Good Early Morning, it's 2:33 a.m. and I can't sleep thinking about toooooooooooo many things. Home Depot will be here at 8:00am, DH took everything out of the bedroom last night. I'm sleeping on the box spring/mattress on the floor, very comfy!
Meowee... you can take the Thanksgiving challenge off the sticky and close it. Thanks for putting it up.
Isabella...Thanks for joining me, there were some nights I was just too tired to exercise but did anyway because I didn't want to put a big fat 0 on my post.
Lynn...I too have heel spurs, which is why I don't walk anymore. I ordered some steel arch supports from Featherlight?. They send you a kit to take impressions of your feet. I indicated the heel spur problems and they put in indentations to soften the blown of my heels hitting the floor. I have very little problems anymore but I have to baby my feet if they start hurting.
Freda...People that get up to go shopping at 4 in the morning are nuts!
But then I'm not hard up for money, maybe if we were struggling to make ends meet like a lot of families, I'd be there too! It could be some family's can have a nice Christmas because of the great deals. I hope someone gave that gentleman a kind word for seeing the possibilities of disaster with the small baby. As for the mother, she should be ashamed of herself for taking a small baby shopping on black Friday, what a dope!
Quote:
What do you think about the person that was killed on Black Friday? Horrible incident. We've went to the sales before, but never seen an injury. DIL went this year and said there was a woman there with a small baby and everyone was pushing and shoving. Finally some man started yelling "there is a small baby here" and people calmed down a bit.

Lily...Me too, I love stuffing more than the turkey. Many after Thanksgiving mornings I have been caught with the refrigerator door open, pigging out on cold stuffing. Yum, even better the next day.
Rosey...this is the first year that I didn't do the calendars. I usually make 6 of them too, probably because they come in a 6 pack when you order them. Everyone appreciates them and what a fun gift to put together. I just didn't get enough pictures of the grandkids this year to fill them plus we're doing all this remodeling right now. I usually have my tree up the day after Thanksgiving but not this year. No place to put it until we get all the bedroom furniture out of the living/dining room.
Karen...DH calls me the Ebay Queen Lately he's been appreciating the fact that I'm selling tons of his stuff and making good money. Now I just have to quit buying and depleting my paypal account.
It's snowing like mad right now, goody! I love shoveling snow!
Catch ya all later, bye.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #14  

Hi Everyone,

Bobbi, I got my peanutbutter powders - regular & chocolate + the oil - yesterday. Last night I put 2 tbsp of the chocolate in a small lo-carb, fat free yogurt - GREAT!

Got my cortisone shot yesterday - didn't hurt going in, but kind of throbbed last night - I iced it & it was OK.

I had been feeling pretty depressed lately - thought it was about the holidays & departed loved ones. I now think it was about sleeping pills I was taking. All of a sudden it occurred to me that the pills might be the culprit. Stopped them on Sunday & feeling better already.

Off to get my ingrown toenails taken care of - this is my week for feet issues.

Lynn
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Nothing too exciting around here -- I'm still feeling tired and 'out-of-sorts' and the weather is still dull but mild -- hope to get my wrapping and packaging for mailing finished up today.

See you later . . .
Closed Thread