First name (if you want to tell): Khara
Meaning of user name: Kmelody - In Irish, Kara means "sweet melody". My parents thought they were clever when they added the 'h' in there.
Geographical location: Omaha, NE
Marital Status: Single, living with long term boyfriend
Occupation: Educator - Early Childhood Special Education
Pets: 2 kittens: Laverne and Shirley
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, singing, movies, swimming, running, golf, obsessing over health/fitness
Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2006 (off and on since)
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 224/200/150
Problem: Compulsive Overeating, binge-eating, all or nothing attitude!
Plan/Way of Eating: Varies. Did South Beach and Fat Smash, Body for Life and now I'm sticking to plain ol' calorie counting
Favorite exercise: swimming, challenging myself with running (used to hate it), elliptical
"Surround yourself with people who celebrate you, not people who tolerate you"
"In your worst moment, you just have to trust that better things are going to happen for you. It's the smallest things that make the biggest difference in your life, and the universe has an uncanny way of only bringing them to you when you are not looking for them."
Places youíve been: Midwest US, Florida, Arizona
Places you want to visit: Everywhere!!
Pivotís questions (donít think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? Obtuse
02. What is your least favorite word? **nt (starts with a c)
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? passion/drive
04. What turns you off? ignorance
05. What is your favorite curse word? a**hat
06. What sound or noise do you love? white noise (fans at night)
07. What sound or noise do you hate? fingernails on chalkboard or other loud screechy noises
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Something medical, maybe a RN?
09. What profession would you not like to do? Semen collector. We have a lot of that around here w/the livestock business. Yuck!
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "All of your lost loved ones are waiting to welcome you"
Any other tidbits you would like to share: Nope