Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 Something Chat 7/7 Monday

Hey chicks! Just a quickie, Dogs got me up a couple of hours ago, been trying to catch up stuff in the house while everyones still asleep. Way too much going on this week, I don't know how I get myself into these situations. I thought I was gonna have a nice 2 weeks with DH and then I looked at my planner and thought OK maybe not.

Drank way too much wine on Friday and have paid the price ever since, I don't drink too often so it does a number on me when I do. Had a good weekend and after reading everyones posts it sounds like you all did too. So glad everyone made it through safe and sound.

Check back in later, have a terrific Monday......right.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Had a horrific ride in to work this AM. I live 3 miles from home!! There was a big accident down the road from the office and they diverted traffic. Of course everyone else went the same way I did! Took me an hour to get here!! 3 Miles!!

Trish, Ugh, I hate it when Eli gets me up/keeps me up! Grr...

Kim, to our corner of the board! Sorry to hear about the divorce and weight gain. You mom sounds just like my Gran used to..."are you sure that's on your diet?" Well meaning, but annoying. Maybe it's soo annoying because we know it's true? :hmm:

I'm thinking about rejoining WW. Actually thinking about ordering the At Home stuff. Anyone have it? I have all my stuff from the old 1,2,3 days.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #3  
KAR

Morning everyone,
Well today is the day I go to the family doctor and hopefully walk out of there with some answers about my nosebleeds and headaches. I haven't had a nosebleed in over a week. But the headaches have taken up permanent residence inside me. Nothing seems to faze them. Other than that not much going on here. The one day I could sleep in and the phone rings at 8:30,it is my stepson wanting us to come pick him and his brother up from their friend's house. Thank godness my mil lives down the street from their friend's house. My dh just told them to go there and after we were up and moving around we would go get them. Needless to say I am still at home in my jammies and he went to get them. I am trying to psych myself up to do a workout this morning. I know that I have to do one but just don't have the energy yet. Then I guess after my doctor's appointment I have to mow my half of the yard. Oh well!
Welcome Kim! Glad you joined us. We are a great group of people to chat with and hang out with. I know what you are going through with your weight. My grandpa was mean to me the last few years he was alive. He would make nasty comments about me in front of our other family members who weren't very close to us. I had a lot of hurt and resentment for a long time. Now I am doing it for me and no one else. Hope you find the needed support from us. Once again Welcome!
Hanna, sounds like you had a super busy weekend! I hope you didn't over do it. Hope you were able to relax and rest some last night.
Christina, glad you got to go see fireworks both nights. We saw a little bit over at our friends house. But that was it. I really wanted to go to the river and see their's. Maybe next year I will just go by myself or nab a few of my friends from work. Hope you have a nice start to your work week!
GG, hope work goes better for you today! I hope that it isn't so slow. Did you enjoy your walk with the mutt up the mountain yesterday?
Trish, hope your week isn't too hetic for you that you don't find some me time in there. Hope you recover nicely from your wine drinking! Don't stress yourself out too much with all that you have in your planner.
Hi to everyone else! I am off to put on my workout clothes. Then maybe put a dvd in the tv and actually do it. I am sure that I will. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #4  
KAR

Lauren I hope your drive home is a better one! Plus I hope that your day gets better too!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good Monday to all. I came so close to calling in sick today. I am so dragging.

to Sunshine and Kim.

Kim right now I am feeling your pain. I have a good support system at home. My daughters and husband. Sorry to hear about the divorce and other things going on. You have joined the right spot. Everyone is extremely supportive here. I enjoy logging on daily.

Ok today I have started out fresh and thinking positive. For breakfast I had my slimfast. I just had my mid morning snack. String cheese. I will eat lunch at 1130. I packed my lunch. Then for dinner I will probably have another slim fast. When I get home I will do my 45 min core ball workout. Then when the husband gets home I might see if he wants to go ride bikes.

One other thing. If someone gets a chance look up drnatura.com. It is a body cleanser. I have wanted to do one for a long time. Just wanted to get some opinions about the colonix product.

Everyone have a good one and talk to yall soon. Thanks for the support on my melt down.

Fergi

Last edited by LBH; 07-07-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: remove link
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergi View Post
to Sunshine and Kim.

Thanks for the welcome!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #7  

Just dropped my daughter off at summer school, ate breakfast and logged on here for a quick second.

On my way out the door for a gig this morning. Sometimes I kick myself for accepting an early Monday morning assignment. Fortunately, I love what I do.

Anyway, Happy Monday to everyone! Make it a great day!

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hi all! Sounds like everyone is getting out of their holiday slump and trying to get back into the swing of things...me too. Luckily, I caught a lovely cold and don't feel much like eating...what an insane blessing. I saw a couple of you talking about WW and I just love it. I don't have the at home kit but saw it and it looks pretty complete and thorough. Lauren- I think you would have success with that...
Kim- Welcome! I am a special ed teacher and I have worked with some of the higher functioning autism...is she diagnosed Aspergers or just HFA? I am always amazed at these kids vast wealth of knowledge. A lot of the children I worked with were twice exceptional, receiving my services and in a gifted/talented program.

Happy Monday and I will post more later...I have the kiddos today and they are both grouchy from a world of travel...and we leave to go camping next weekend! I actually look forward now to the schedule of school! -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING CHICKSTERS!!!

Really dragging here today. Did my 10 min trainer cardio dvd, OMG...tony kicked my butt today!!! I want to start adding in more 10 min workouts...think i will aim to get another one in today. They really are amazing.

Eating is back on track today. Have not gained any more weight (which is unbelievable!!), but the not working out for three + weeks is definitely showing!!!

Dropped the kids of at vacation bible shcool...have to leave soon to pick them up. They will be there all week *chorus of "HALLELUJAH" opens above Pam's head*, so I am taking full advantage of the down-time

Kim, and Sunshine, Welcome to you!!! We are all great friends here.

Kerry, good luck at the doc's. Hopefully he can figure things out, and hope it's nothing serious!!

Lauren..sorry about the trip to work...I hate traffic, probably more than anything on this earth.

Trish, Mc, Fergi, Poppy, gg, Hanna, Christina, Joanie, Karen, Lisa, Alicia, and all my other girls...HEY!!!!

Hope everyone has a super day. Gotta go get the kiddos soon, not much planned today after lunch, probably just reading, etc. The dreary weather is getting depressing, hope it ends soon...

Later chickies!!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning all. Got up and out early today. I've been to Target and got some laundry in already. I spend way too much money at that store!

We are going to the doctor this afternoon to get a pedi orthopedic recommendation for the girlie. It's been almost 2 weeks and she is still limping. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to this, she is going to scream her head off even if they don't hurt her!

I'm glad to see that everyone is had a good weekend. We just hung out yesterday. It was nice and relaxing.

Have a great Monday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #11  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Fergi, glad that you are back on a positive thinking mode. Sounds like you have a great plan worked out for tackling your lifestyle change. Keep up the good work! You had a lot of stress the last few weeks, so I hope life starts to calm down for you now.
Erin, sorry to hear about your cold. Hope you start to feeling better soon! Hope the kids are too grouchy for you.
Karen, good luck at the doctor's this afternoon. I will be thinking about you and little girlie. Hope things turn out on a positive note!
Pam sounds like you enjoyed your down time this morning. So what are you reading right now? I am just finishing up the A Night To Remember by Walter Lord. Then I think I might start Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich.
Hi to everyone else. Hope your Monday's are going good for you. I did get my 3 mile Lesile Sansone dvd in this morning with the weighted balls. Boy was that a workout! Now I have a few phone calls to make then think about getting my shower and getting ready for the day.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Kerry- I have the whole Stephanie Plum series by Janet...I love those books!
-Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #13  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Good Afternoon Chicks!

I read through the weekend chat and it sounds like we all had a pretty good weekend. We had a great but busy time, we had people over on the fourth and then we spent the weekend helping friends put an addition on to their house. I didn't make it to the gym and I ate a ton but I am sore in that really good way. Especially my arms and as I would love some muscle tone up there that has to be a good thing.

I am just getting my house straightened out and planning my menu for the week before going out to the grocery store. I find that if I have decided on a meal plan it makes it easier to avoid snacking. Just going to surf the recipe pages.

I went to weigh myself but my scales say exactly the same weight, which to me seems odd as they go to one decimal place, I am suspecting that they aren't very acurate. Does anyone have any reccommendations for scales?
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I have a Tanita scale, it's the Jenny Craig version. I don't and never have done JC, but I like the scale. It is to .1 (I think, maybe .2), and it keeps your history, plus your goal and shows the percentage. Can have up to 4 users.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #15  
KAR

Hi all,
Well I just got back from the doctor's. He said that my headaches are mirgrainies. So he gave some sample mirgraine medicince and told me to come back in a week for a check up. So I just took the one pill and will see how it does. I might be out for a little bit with it. So I will chat with you all later.
Kerry