Old 07-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #16  
KAR

Well the pill didn't know me out yet. I did get rid of my headache though. I eat dinner, did the dishes and then finished my half of the yard. It only took me an hour. So now I am sweating up a storm. Trying to cool off a little bit before I go take my second shower for the day. But oh well, I atleast feel a lot better. Plus maybe this will help lower the scales in my favor tomorrow nite.
Erin, my sister told me to read her books. It is good so far. One of my goals is to read her number series sometime. So how are you feeling tonight? I hope that your kids where some what good for you today?
Sunshine what kind of gig did you have today? Hope it went well for you.
Gracesmommy sounds like you had a busy weekend yourself. Hope you got your house in order and your grocery shopping done. My dh and I try to make a list of the foods we are going to purchase at the grocery store or if not look out we have a lot of junk in the cart. Hope you can rest up those arm muscles! I have a Curves scale. It is digital. I can't complain about it.
Lauren, I hope that your drive home was a better one than your morning drive. Hope you have a relaxing evening!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you all had a wonderful start to your weeks.
I am going to go jump in the shower and cool off some more. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #17  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Okay I did the 45 min workout for the exercise ball. Let me tell you that works me more then when I go to the gym. It makes you sweat and I will be sore tomorrow. If I am not sore I don't feel like I had a good workout.

Tonight we are having baked chicken, peas, and fettuccini. I will skip the noodles. I have done really well today with my eating. Maybe I will make an extra veggie to have.

GG if you get on today I have a question. I have a female basset hound she weighs about 42 pounds and everyone says she is so skinny. But the vet we use says she is ideal. She said that if she stays at this weight then she won't have the joint problems that most bassetts have. Let me know what you think.

Just wanted to drop in and log what I have done. Keeps me accountable for what I have done today.

Kerry did they say what caused you to have migrains? I know that my ex MIL gets them from hormones. I get headaches really bad when it is fixing to be that TOM. They are the kind that when you move your head it feels like your brain is hitting your skull. Hope the meds work.

Fergi

Last edited by fergi; 07-07-2008 at 06:11 PM.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #18  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

hi everyone and to Sunshine and Kim!

DD is sleeping and DS went to see Wall-e with FIL this afternoon. I went by a little early to drop DS off so I could go for a run, I like getting my exercise done early, makes me feel better for the whole rest of the day. I have done really well with my eating for the past two days, have gotten 2 stickers per day (one for exercise and one for food) on my calendar!

Kerry, did the dr have any idea what was causing the migranes? esp. since you have had so many lately. Must feel good to have a diagnosis, hope your medicine works.

Gracesmommy, I love getting sore without doing a workout, seems like the best kind of workout to me!

Erin, sad too hear you're sick, hope you feel better soon and the kidlets cooperate. My DS is getting old enough that if I tell him I don't feel good he is sometimes a little quieter...sometimes.

Karen, good luck at the ortho. Hope it goes well.

Pam, I cannot wait until my kids are old enough to do camps and such, enjoy your free-time!

Trish, hope you can squeeze some relaxing into that full planner of yours and that you enjoy most of the stuff you have planned.

have a good evening everyone...
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasci View Post
Kim, and Sunshine, Welcome to you!!! We are all great friends here.
Thanks for the welcome!

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR73 View Post
Sunshine what kind of gig did you have today? Hope it went well for you.
I am a freelance sign language interpreter. Many of us "terps" usually call our assignments gigs. Especially when you freelance.

It worked out perfectly as it ended earlier than expected. Like 2 hours earlier but I still get paid for the full time.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoni View Post
hi everyone and to Sunshine and Kim!
Such wonderful welcomes!

Thanks!!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hello all. My day sucked. I've mentioned before that I hate my job right? Well, it's bad enough to be overqualified for your job because it's boring as heck but when you have a boss that is a complete jerk it is so damn frustrating. He gives me a hard time every day just because he can and nobody ever reprimands him. Today it was 3:15 and I leave at 3:30 to get my daughter at the camp bus stop. He comes over and sees I'm printing checks and asks me if I was printing his. I didn't know what he was talking about so I said "What do you mean?" He says, "I entered a batch of checks and I want to know if you're printing them." I told him that the batch didn't exist when I started printing my checks. He insisted it did and yelled at me... "Do you actually look at what you're printing or do you just print everything and not pay attention?!?!" I was so mad that he would talk to me like that... he also insisted that I print his checks before I leave. I told him no... that it would make me late to get my daughter. He says "Well you could just print them and leave your computer on until their finished and I'll shut it down for you..." I said Fine and asked him to stop giving me work at 3:15 that takes more than 15 minutes to complete. He says... "Don't worry, you wouldn't have to stay late." That really made me mad... so I said "Don't worry? You couldn't MAKE me stay late. Printing checks for you is not more important to me than leaving my daugher stranded at a bus stop. You don't have the power to make me stay late."

He was mad but he finally walked away. I think he knew that if he said another word, I would quit and HE would end up having to print the stupid checks. I hate my job...

Kerry... I had migraines too and after about 5 years of suffering found out that it was a food allergy. I'm allergic to Aspartame. I had eaten it for years and years and then developed an allergy. I saw a special on Oprah about food allergies coming on all of a sudden and peole getting migraines, etc. Then, purely coincidence, my brother called me and said that there was an article in the paper about a woman who all of a sudden developed an allergy to aspartame and suffered from horrible migraines. She stopped eating it and the headaches disappeared. So I tried it too... and the headaches stopped entirely. Now the only headaches I get are from not drinking enough water.

Sorry for venting at you guys but I just have to yell to someone...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Evening all. Work was busy but not insane. At least the day went fairly quickly.

Kar -sorry about your migranes. I know everyone has advice about headaches...here's what i'll tell you about what has SIGNIFICANTLY improved my migranes. First i have a bad habit of grinding my teeth at night....so my dentist got me a night gaurd that has helped...but the thing that has been an absolute life saver is a visit to the chiropracter. I went to a good one that does xrays and test (and there's a particular xray that normal dr don't do..where you stand in front the the machine with your chin down and your mouth wide open...it allows you to get a view of C2). Found out thr this x-ray that my C2 was shifted to the right. After a few adjustments...i have been migrane free. I highly believe in chiropractic medicine now. Also, if these migranes persist...please please please convince your dr to allow for an MRI. I had a friend's mom who suffered for years with migranes..the dr just kept telling her it was nothing...she ended up going to sleep one morning and never waking up...she had an aneurism that went undetected. Now that's probably not you...but too many people just use the excuse that its just a migrane. There is almost always a cause behind migranes. I actually work with another dr who is allergic to red meat and that causes her migranes. I second giving up artificial sweetners since some people really can have issues with them. Alright off my soap box...but definately look into things other than just drugs. USually migranes are secondary to other things.

welcome sunshine...you'll find lots of support here.

fergi- to answer your question...listen to your vet...too many people don't know what correct body wt should be. I tell lots of my clients with dogs that are prone to joint issues...keep them slightly thin..not emaciated..but thin. I say ingore others and listen to your vet. Keeping them thin will help, but not prevent issues. Bassets that are very obese really have joint issues. They have jacked up bones as it is ...sort of genetic freaks the way their bones grow...keeping them thin helps. and also a note on your dieting...you may not be eating enough if you are working out hard. You would be amazed. Hang in there

alright all..i'm off
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!

Kerry I agree 101% with Patricia, you do need to get an MRI done if your migraines don't go away.

Puppy sorry about your job, what do you do? can you find another job? are you looking?

Sunshine I would love to learn sign language, I think it is wonderful to be able to communicate in different ways.

Toni I heard the movie is really cute, we are going to go see it next day DH is off!

Fergi being soar from exercise is a great feeling, feels like you are actually doing something doesn't it? I hope you don't hurt to bad!

Trish I don't drink either, and last week I had 2 glasses of wine, the next day I felt miserable all day...

Lauren did you have a better drive home?

Karen how was the ortho appointment? what happened to her?

Pam did you have a good day w/out the kids? did you do anything relaxing or fun?

Gracesmom I don't think snacking is a bad thing, just don't snack on potato chips, or fried food, LOL...

I had a busy day today, I did try to take it easy but it was kind of impossible. I went to the Dr. this morning, DH's work changes medical insurance very often, this is the 2nd change in less than 10 months. I hope this new insurance last a little while, any way I went back to my old Dr. which I really really like, but couldn't go see him cause he was not on the same plan, on and on. Any way, it was so good to talk to him, he is not sure I have fibromyalgia, whichi is good someone else is trying to figure out exactly what the sorce of all my pain is, he thinks a lot of my issues including not being able to sleep are related to my hormone patch, I have been on hormone replacement therapy for a year now, I can't believe it is a year from my hysterectomy! and he thinks that the dose I am on it to low, so he suggested raising the dose from .05 mgs to 1 mg. w/a jell he highly recommends, he did give me a good supply of samples, I am not sure it is covered by insurance, but if it works and I don't have to be on all other meds (Cymbalta and sleeping aids) it is worth buying it, I really hope it is all I need, I won't know for a while. But on the other hand he thinks the Cymbalta could help me dealing w/all the issues at home with Sean. I need to give it some time to see what is going to work.
Later I had to take Sean to the psychiatrist, we are trying to twitch the meds again as he is getting manic again I feel so bad for him, I am sure he doesn't like it either and he is stuttering a lot that may be a side effect from one of the medicines.
The day ended great, my friend Connie invited us over for dinner, she is a great cook it was absolutely delicious and Sean had nice time playing w/a lot of children, it was great to see him so happy!

I am going to bed! tomorrow is not a good day, I have a dentist appointment in the morning at 9. I can't believe I have to be out of the house that early.
See you guys tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote