South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:16 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default TGI Friday Chick Chat

I"m first? where is everyone.

Looks to be a nice day here.

I am off today.

Hubby went to work

I have yoga at 10:45 then to the bank
at 3 pm i will see Older son and give him his birthday presents

everyone have a great day!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Fun On the Beach

TGIF!
I've been sleeping off the after-effects of a migraine, I could feel it lingering for the past couple of days, and it hit me hard yesterday afternoon. Cindy gave me some strong stuff, and I took it before bed last night. It really wiped me out, but it worked!
Not much going on today, I have to go in early, and I think we have a playdate scheduled for the afternoon. Just some leftover Salsa Chicken for supper, so that will be easy.
Survivor was good again last night! I have to give Amanda credit for being smarter than I thought. Poor James! I was sad that he had to go.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Nessa, thanks for starting us up. I'm glad Bri is off to work. Enjoy your day off!

Hi, Cottage. I'm glad the migraine has gone. I've had only one in my whole life and hope never to have another!

Hershey and I have a slow start this morning. She ate a lot of brown sugar yesterday and is probably in a sugar coma! The spirit of Lucy lives on in her mother but she hasn't started eating glasses yet. (The sugar was sitting by the door, ready to go to the Food Bank, and she could just not resist.)

There is absolutely nothing written on my agenda page this morning. I am going to putter away around the house with some odd indoor jobs but will do some gardening this afternoon, weather permitting. The black flies are really bad out there but I do have a bug net thingie - looks dumb but does the trick!

Shall I pour everyone another coffee as they straggle onto the Beach. I have no idea where the darned cabana boys are this morning. It's hard to get good help, isn't it?

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-02-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #4  

Good morning Nessa! Lucky you for having today off! I'm glad to hear that your DH was able to go back to work today. Happy Birthday to your DS!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:29 AM   #5  

I'll take you up on that coffee, Ruth, Thanks!
Hershey needs to go back to Phase 1!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Nessa - Enjoy your relaxing day

Cottage - I hate headaches. Glad yours is gone away. My former doctor thought I was getting migraines (because of my age!) but turned out it was the disc in my neck. Regular massages have kept that under control luckily.

Ruth - Where did you get netting that works for black flies? I got all bit up last weekend. People like to be near me outdoors because bugs love me I was hoping it was the carbs and they wouldn't like me so much anymore but no dice

I'm off to yoga in an hour and then chiropractic. Not sure that's going to be fun my my chiro thought it would work and she manages my care so gotta give it a shot. I really hope to get out on my bike this afternoon and to do some gardening.

We got some bad news yesterday. My partner's contract is one of those being hit by the cuts in state gov. We half expected it so weren't devastated and she does have other work teaching at community college so we will get by. It's just not the news you want to hear at the beginning of summer. Now we just hope my job in a non-profit survives the cuts.

Okay, gotta get moving and get to yoga. Have a good day!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:48 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Running late, but want to wish you all a great day and Cottage hope you have a better day than you had night!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #8  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Well, we had big storms here last night -- all four of us had to go to the basement for three different tornado warnings...life in Kansas!

Well i am on-handed typing b/c i'm holding the baby -- more later!

hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Friday Morning everyone!

I feel great today - my pit fall of a weird/bad week seems to be behind me and I am ready to conquer a new day.

Busy weekend for me as tonight is family dinner night and tomorrow dh & I are working around the house and then going to the ball game that evening. Sunday I am heading to the beach and then dh's softball game that afternoon.

Hope you gals have a great Friday!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

TGIF!!!!!
Although I'll be working through the weekend too. I plan to take a mental health day next Weds., so that's something to look forward to.
Trip yesterday was good. I waved to the Richmond chicks as I passed, did you see me? Lots more to do today. I'm having a cake at our Friday pizza night for DD's family party tonight. Won't go to a lot of trouble though, she already had a big kid party. I don't have her gifts yet so I'll have to run out at lunch to pick them up. Kids have early dismissal today, yuk.
Maybe I'll be able to come back later today to visit, if not, I will definitely catch up in the morning. I miss my chicks!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #11  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

nessa-you're early today. good morning
cottage-hope the migraine is better today
ruth-have fun lingering
cyndi-hope all goes well and nothing too devistating happens
nat-I'm terrified of natural disasters, I don't know how you do it, I couldn't. I wouldn't wanna come out of the basement--ever.
gonna-have a wonderful time this weekend
schmoodle-that's why I hate fridays, that means that my "downtime" is over with for 2 days.
me-been really stressing over some health issues. today I have a consultation with one of my clients for a wedding cake she needs in two weeks. I'm pretty excited about this one. then lunch with my best friend. I have two cakes to do this weekend so I'll be busy baking today. yummy. I love the smell of cakes baking in my kitchen. I'm gonna be a busy bee today. Hopefully this will all get the issues off my mind.
anyone I missed-have a wonderful day.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #12  
My inspiration!

I am back now that my hands are free! I have a question:

Is there anything you tend to "bend" the rules on? Or do you follow everything to a "T"?
Old 05-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Slow goings this morning for the crew.....Is everyone taking an early weekend???

Nessa - Thanks for getting us all up and ready to go. Enjoy your day off and have fun spending time with your son.

Cottage - Sorry about the headache. They can suck!! Last night's Survivor was excellent. I actually think that Erik might have a chance to win the whole thing. I was surprised that they didn't bring the families back for the 2nd challenge, like they usually do. It'll be a fun next couple of episodes.

Ruth - How did things go yesterday? Have fun in the garden and doodling around. Enjoy!

Cyndi - Sorry to hear about your partner's contracts. It's good that you were prepared, but like you said, it still stinks! I hope it doesn't put a damper on your weekend and you are still able to enjoy yourself.

Cat - Had your chicken & ham wrap last night for dinner. It was FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for the advice. Have a good Friday.

Nat's Mom - I can even begin to imagine going to the basement once for a tornado warning, let alone 3 times. I hope your weekend settles down.

Gonnabe - Glad to hear that you're spirits are up this morning. I'll keep praying that you continue to feel better. Hang in there!!!

Me - Staff in-service today, and I'm not presenting anything.....what a nice break. Tonight dh and I are going to friends to pay poker, tomorrow is house cleaning, errands, and my alma mater is having their spring concert, so I think we're going. Sunday I'm hosting a scrapbook party hoping to bring in some orders so I can get some great free stuff. I hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND!
ENJOY!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #14  
My inspiration!

Tkglenn -- You know I never used to mind it before I had a family, but now it does make me nervous! Plus, pulling the kids out of bed to go downstairs is a huge pain! I have to say there was quite a bit of storm damage here and we are very lucky to be OK!!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Wow....I missed a few of you while posting.
Schmoodle - Enjoy the party tonight & stay away from the cake!
TK - Hope all gets better. Have fun working this weekend. I pray that the work and lunch w/ your friend will help you to lift your spirits.
Nat's Mom - I do my best to stay on track, but I don't always measure my fats and I do sneak a s/f peppermint patty every once in a while.
Closed Thread