Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 9 Oct - 15 Oct**

morning ladies

horrible start to the week with a gain of 0.9kg (2lb)! I have put it down to my being slack with monitoring my food and not getting enough cardio (despite racking up 400 minutes in the first week of the month).

I have nearly reached my flexibility goal - starting to think I am addicted to yoga can't get enough of it.

This week the focus is on nutrition and cardio. Eat what is good for me and move my butt. There can only be one result at the end of the week and it is the one I want - weight loss!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

This weekend for me was iincredibly counter-productive. Minus getting in cardio on both Friday and Saturday, neither were the workouts I should've done, I kind of slaced off... Tomorrow I'm planning to get in some cardio and hopefully some stretch or strength... Also, I'm just not doing the things I set aside for myself to do... I know the reason for it (I'm letting an ex-boyfriend come back and shake up things... BAD! KNICKING THAT IN THE BUD NOW!!!!)

Overall, my goals are just cardio and nutrition also, just keeping to the promises I made to myself health wise for this month, and getting my studies done.. Not letting people who don't care about me get in the way of my positive life changes... Some people are such diet sabotagers... Well, just life sabotagers in general.

Daisyboo-I'm sorry Daisy, but you seem to have recognized the cause and you're going to do something about it, which is always good! Yoga, I've always wanted to do that, for some reason it kills my wrists? Maybe I'm not doing it right, I should also probably invest in a mat or something if I'd really want to get involved, I think my school also has a Yoga Club, maybe I should try that..
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #3  

Boo... I just realized I've used all but one of my rest days this month (3/4) I guess I better start getting it done and reserve that rest day for when I really need it, not when I'm just....Watching an SVU marathon LOL
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #4  

Obviously I'm stalking the board, I'm such a PROCRASTINATOR!

Well, I've already gotten in my morning workout, tough but a little easier, I'm wondering if I should get in another one later on today, just because I felt like I didn't do as much as I would've liked this morning, eh... I don't know... Either way, good luck ladies!

SMILE!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #5  
Proud US Navy Wife

Good monday morning everyone!

I am insanely chipper for a monday morning, especially considering that in *thinks* 3 hours I have to be at work for a 9 hour shift... this is because I weighed myself, and for once it was good! Down to 201... I must have been retaining a lot of water from vacation / TOM, because you don't lose 9 lbs in a week, but still... there was also some real weight loss, since that's a 4 lb loss from my lowest weight before I went on vacation! Weighing myself once a week rather than every day is a lot less stressful for me - although Im dying to know how Im doing on a day to day basis, I would get so mad at myself at the variations!

So I edited my goal again for the challenge.. my last edit, i SWEAR! I just wanted to keep it reasonable and challenging at the same time... and getting from 201 to 195 between now and Thanksgiving seemed like too little of a jump.

Daisy - Yay! Ive always wanted to seriously try Yoga or Pilates.. there's actually some sort of Pilates center near my apartment, but I bet it's super-expensive to join. And don't worry about the gain.. you'll get rid of it again, soon enough!

Dreamer - You stalker! hehe at least you know the cause... ex boyfriend, huh? Oooo boy. Hope you get yourself back OP this week.. I know you can do it!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #6  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Happy "Canadian" Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

I had a Crazy busy weekend, but actually did rather well in the food and exercise department despite the 2 turkey dinners and tons of pie... I have another dinner tonight, so hopefully I'll be ok. Yesterday we went up to the family cottage for a family dinner, and went swimming (IT WAS COLD!), took the docks in, and then my cousin and I went for a long walk in the woods and took pictures as we walked. It was really fun!

I am scared ot weigh myself...it being that TOM, which will frustrate me no end. I feel good though. Been doing alot of walking, trying to hunt down some weights at thrift stores, but it's a long weekend, and they aren't open. I'm starting my new program next week, and so excited about it!

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! This is a rare morning where both the kids are still asleep at 8:30 AM! haha Nice :-D This week is a fresh start for me. I'm going to eat good, sleep good, and make sure the hubby doesn't take the Trail Blazer to work so that I can take the kids to the park and walk around every day (before it gets too cold!). Plus, I get my elliptical machine this Wednesday! That will be such a great help!

And on that note, my 2 year old just woke up lol...
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #8  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

Ugh. I was bad. Again. I actually ate well through Saturday and worked out, but drank a lot that night and Sunday felt like crap so I ate badly. That on top of a cold and TOM. I know, drinking too much was genius. At least I had a lot of fun Saturday? And I didn't journal food for a whole week!!!!!! Bad, bad Megan. I am trying to get it through my head that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, and I don't want to head into those days with excess weight.

I did do a lot of nice walking on the beach, which I don't do nearly enough considering I live on the beach. My calves are actually tight from that, despite all the running I do on the treadmill!

Daisy, sounds like we are both slacking on food monitoring. Let's get back on track together.

Dreamer85, it sounds like you are making positive changes already by recognizing that others can be a bad influence on you. Stay strong.

Canadian_Mickey, wtg controlling your Thanksgiving eating! That is always a really tough day for me.

mtp_and_hmp, sounds like a lovely walk you have planned. Enjoy.
FaeReverie, congrats on your great weigh-in.

Hi everyone else!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

This week isn't off to such a great start so far. The scale said I gained a pound! Hopefully it's due to TOM and water. I did pretty good all weekend. My food was ok (not the best food but calories were good) and I got plenty of exercise between cardio and dirtbikes.

Hasn't been so great emotionally either. My dogs been acting funny the last couple days. It really bothers me that he's getting older because he's always been so active. He has some trouble getting up after a lot of activity and his knees bother him. I just don't want him to keep getting worse as he's only 7 now. Also my mom's turning 64 on the 12th. Her health isn't that great either and I won't be there for it. *sigh*

Something good will happen this week though, I know it! If I do good on my food and exercise I should have a pretty significant loss next week since TOM will be gone.

Daisy: Good job recognizing the pattern and doing something about it after only a 2 lb gain. It takes a lot of us a lot more than that to do something about it.

Fae: I change mine all the time too. Don't feel bad
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #10  
Goodbye Fat!

Well it's Monday again...where did the weekend go. I weighed in at two pounds lighter than last Monday so I am off to a good start. That's even with eating way too much pizza last night. I had good intentions and had my meal planned, then some friends came over with a pizza for dinner. I could say no I don't want any, but thanks for bringing me dinner. That I couldn't control, but the ranch dressing I dipped the pizza in was all me. I should through that away but DH would go crazy. I am going to get back on track for the rest of the week and aim for a one pound weight loss.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #11  

Well girls, after 1 month of not binging this weekend ended my streak. You know what's weird, I had so many holiday feasts that I was sooo good about but then when I visiting my boyfriend over the weekend I drank too much and next thing you know we ordered a large pizza for the 2 of us at 3am. Of course he ate 1/2 a slice and yes I did finish the rest of the pizza. AND then as long as I blew it Saturday night I went out with my mom on Sunday who is a TERRIBLE influence on me. We got major appetizers and entrees and desserts, and then on our way home stopped off at Dunkin Donuts and each got 2 big donuts (I wasn't even hungry, how gross is that). Needless to say I am feeling disgusting right now. Oh the vicious binge cycle... and I was JUST feeling good about my eating. I'm probably back up to that disgusting weight I was trying to leave behind. boo!

PS I happen to think Christoper Columbus day is very important. Too bad my office doesn't agree...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #12  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Well ladies. I'm going to continue the trend. My weekend eating was TERRIBLE too. DH and I went out of town to Chattanooga to see my grandmother and sight see. My grandmother has alzheimers and is not doing well so its stressful and sad to see her. So that coupled with Chattanooga's wonderful restaurants led to LOTS of eating this weekend.
I'm better today but when I blow it I really have to fight to get it back on track. But I am hitting the gym today after work.

lets get back on track ladies!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #13  

Well, my fiance is gone again. Back to living alone! I'm really having a hard time keeping on track with eating and exercise. More exercise than eating, actually. I feel like life is beating me with a two by four, and I simply don't have energy to exercise -- and if I do, I don't have stamina to do more than 10 minutes. I'm just exhausted. But while I haven't been an angel food-wise, I haven't been awful. I'm not weighing myself this week due to TOM, and I wouldn't expect to see a loss anyway... I just don't even have the energy to focus on eating specific things or stick to a plan anymore. But like I said, I'm not doing terribly. In fact, my pants feel a little looser anyway. So who knows what the heck is going on. I just know that there are way too many things stressing me out right now for me to get on my own case about eating and exercise. I'm going to do what I can..... but..... life is so damn hard.

Daisy: what yoga program do you have/recommend? that might be a way for me to relax and get some exercise in too... I tried one yoga tape a year ago and I hated it. The guy was the new-age guru type guy with long hair and a potbelly... it was weird.

Dreamer: I've totally done that -- stalked the boards. Waiting for people to post so I can reply... haha

Fae: congrats on the loss!! that's awesome! And seriously don't worry about changing your goals, I think everyone does it. You alternately want to challenge yourself but also not make it too easy/impossible..... it's a delicate balance!

Cdn_Mickey: Happy Thanksgiving

cookie: I totally know what you're feeling right now. Those binges can be psychological killers even more than they can be diet killers.... You know, a weekend off does not break a diet unless you let it. Remember to let yourself be human on occasion. Don't be too hard on yourself about it, that just compounds the problem!

Well ladies.... off to scrounge for dinner and then either do some of my work study research or bury myself in the 900-page monstrosity that is Tom Jones. Have a good evening everyone.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #14  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

Hope you all are well today! For those of you who had a bad weekend....remember it's a new day...dust yourself off and start over!

Today I've been kind of in a "funk". Not sure why really...just blah! I think I'm coming down with a cold...would figure since I went swimming in the lake this weekend... flippin' cold! Today I'm planning meals, trying to get some walking in today, and grocery shopping. Hopefully it works the way I want it to...I hate planning meals and grocery shopping. It frustrates me!

Hope you all have a good day today!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #15  
Goodbye Fat!

I am so proud of myself right now! I had brought my lunch to work today, veggie lasagna, but all the girls are ordering wings. I passed it up and said I would join them and eat my lunch. Normally I would have jumped on board and eaten wings!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote